Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism against white people?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

c_man wrote: »
    White, black, brown, yellow, doesn't matter to me. I hate all the brits equally.

We still have part of your country, what are you going to do about it? Nothing, thats what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

We still have part of your country, what are you going to do about it? Nothing, thats what.

Ye don't even own it. It's all a big conspiracy to sell Celtic jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Its a strange one because sport is one area where in terms of achievement at least people of colour often dominate. Having a special award for them seems a bit silly when there's no shortage of successful and well paid athletes in a huge range of sports - soccer, basketball, athletics, American football, boxing etc. There may well be areas post retirement where they struggle to get into, e.g. football management but as sportspeople they have a pretty fair **** at joining the elites if they have the talent (and before anyone raises it I'm aware of racist incidents at football matches etc but that doesn't invalidate the point)

Its an interesting one too because in many cases certain ethnic groups appear (including whites in some cases) to be massively over represented in the elite levels of some sports. Genetic predisposition towards certain body shapes etc may well play a part but unfortunately any attempt to explore this is on very thin ice given certain agenda groups on both sides of the fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Lux23 wrote: »
    They? Nice

Clutch at straws much? Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Ye don't even own it. It's all a big conspiracy to sell Celtic jerseys.

Ah stuff it, I dont even own my own country, Im Scottish! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

What's really funny is that Jessica Ennis-Hill is up for one of these awards..

Am I colour blind?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

There's lots and lots of nice people on After Hours, but there's also lots of ridiculous human beings who get offended for the sake of getting offended. They get offended because the opportunity is there. The temptation is too strong. You reckon Syria is hostile? Wait until you incur the wrath of some of the utter rejects here. You haven't seen hostility until you're accused of being passive aggressive just for using the word 'mate'. The majority are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Ah stuff it, I dont even own my own country, Im Scottish! :D

Sorry for your troubles.
    At least you have Irn Bru.

ComfortKid wrote: »
    What's really funny is that Jessica Ennis-Hill is up for one of these awards..

Am I colour blind?

Sure she's from Sheffield that's definitely a minority ethnic community

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

I feel so aggrieved, for not being eligible for an award ceremony I don't care about, in a field which I'm reliably awful at.

I'll be sure to write a stern letter to someone. Anyone. I feel like my accomplishments in the egg and spoon race, back in 1989 have not been given the credit they deserve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I'm going to stir and play up internal racial divisions in England, inflame the EU in/out referendum debate, push for Scottish independence, talk up Corbyn as a leader knowing full well that it means Tory rule til 2025 and further alienating the rest of Britain. Basically the end goal that eventually all these stresses will reach a breaking point and the UK will dissolve. A united Ireland follows from this.

I'll be mainly conducting these operations on the internet. But I'm also a resident of the UK currently. Sowing these seeds down the pub, on the bus, at a party, by scoring hot chicks... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

kettlehead wrote: »
    Racism against whites doesn't exist? Are you taking the piss?

Tell me of one single occasion in your life where you thought your skin colour might put you at an instant disadvantage in some area(s) of life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm going to stir and play up internal racial divisions in England, inflame the EU in/out referendum debate, push for Scottish independence, talk up Corbyn as a leader knowing full well that it means Tory rule til 2025 and further alienating the rest of Britain. Basically the end goal that eventually all these stresses will reach a breaking point and the UK will dissolve. A united Ireland follows from this.

I'll be mainly conducting these operations on the internet. But I'm also a resident of the UK currently. Sowing these seeds down the pub, on the bus, at a party, by scoring hot chicks... :cool:

......smoke weed and rock on for republicanism. I approve of your sacrifice Sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

1 post which was suppose to be a sarcastic joke, didn't go down to well.

If I were you, I'd claim that this thread was a sarcastic joke too.

Look lads ye are throwing out a lot of accusations there at me. I'm not happy about these awards. Not because I can't win one really, but because if we had a White Persons Awards we would be in big trouble. As other posters have pointed out, black people are at the top of every sport really, they get paid the same as white people, they can win the same awards as White people like player of the year or whatever. Whats the need to have a special award for them. It's an award given out based on skin colour which is racism no matter what way you say it.

People telling me to grow up ect would be the first to complain when blacks are discriminated against. I never enslaved any black man so I do not feel a bit guilty about it.

wakka12 wrote:
    Tell me of one single occasion in your life where you thought your skin colour might put you at an instant disadvantage in some area(s) of life?

When he couldn't win the sports award I'm on about because he's white

People telling me to grow up ect would be the first to complain when blacks are discriminated against.

People who complain about perceived racism against white people are invariably the last to complain about, or even acknowledge, racism against non-whites. Funny, that...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

When he couldn't win the sports award I'm on about because he's white

Apart from extra competitions that are put on to recognise the talents of lesser known ethnic competitors, is there any disadvantage in our society that being white brings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There is a debate to be had about the existence of black only awards, groups, colleges etc but the language in the op killed any chance of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

c_man wrote:
    White, black, brown, yellow, doesn't matter to me. I hate all the brits equally.

Why hate all brits equally?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Why hate all brits equally?

Cos I'm not a racist :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

wakka12 wrote: »

I could give you anecdotal evidence, but it's not worth a ****.

You claimed that racism against whites doesn't exist. I would love you to tell that to the family of Aaron Dugmore from Birmingham. He was a nine year old from. Birmingham who hanged himself due to anti white bullying in his school. I remember it so well as he hanged himself on my birthday and looked just like I did at his age. If you told me just after I read his story that it is impossible to be racist against whites I would probably be in the 'joy now. It's infuriating nonsense you're regurgitating from race hustlers in America.

I could give you hundreds upon thousands more examples of something you seem to believe is non existent.

Turtyturd wrote:
    There is a debate to be had about the existence of black only awards, groups, colleges etc but the language in the op killed any chance of it.

What language did I use that killed any hope of reasonable debate? It's hard to know what I am or am not allowed to say. I can't see any bad language or offensive terms in my OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

kettlehead wrote: »
    I could give you anecdotal evidence, but it's not worth a ****.

You claimed that racism against whites doesn't exist. I would love you to tell that to the family of Aaron Dugmore from Birmingham. He was a nine year old from. Birmingham who hanged himself due to anti white bullying in his school. I remember it so well as he hanged himself on my birthday and looked just like I did at his age................

That's what the inquest found, was it?

What language did I use that killed any hope of reasonable debate? It's hard to know what I am or am not allowed to say. I can't see any bad language or offensive terms in my OP?

There was a very resentful tone to your reference to "them" always wanting equality.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Apologies should have said from the OP. When you're saying stuff like It'd be ok if I could be racist too, and 'the blacks' it's going to kill any debate.

RayM wrote:
    There was a very resentful tone to your reference to "them" always wanting equality.

How else could I have worded it, Honestly? I got my point across. You deflect away from the point I made and criticised the way I worded it, and root out a sarcastic joke I posted on another thread. If you've nothing to say on the subject please don't say anything.

Turtyturd wrote:
    Apologies should have said from the OP. When you're saying stuff like It'd be ok if I could be racist too, and 'the blacks' it's going to kill any debate.

Fair enough. So if I change " the blacks" to "black people" my point is more valid?

I didn't mean that as in I want to be allowed to be a racist, but the hypocrisy, we white people would be racist if we had awards for only white people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

RayM wrote: »

Fair play to you to be able to pick up a tone from text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭aabarnes1

You are a class 1 prick, thick racist pig

Advertisement