Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racism against white people?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭smokingman

Valetta wrote: »
    Very sexist post there .

Racists don't usually have a lot of respect for women...mostly..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Valetta wrote:
    You also ignored my question about the skin colour of Easah Suliman.

After googling Easah Suliman I can confirm he is not white, more a tanned colour, probably of Middle Eastern descent?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

Starokan wrote: »
    For mainstream white people this is not an issue because well we have in modern times never been denied basic human and civil rights.

You're so brainwashed by this drivel that you're solely looking at all this through an American prism. I can't believe that somebody posted the above on a f•cking Irish forum.

Race relations and the history of race in the US has absolutely no bearing on the situation Ireland or Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I also questioned how Jessica Ennis is up for an award as she's neither black or part of an ethnic minority, I've never heard of or seen Easah Suliman.
    You have the agenda here pal.

Ennis's father is black I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭Valetta

After googling Easah Suliman I can confirm he is not white, more a tanned colour, probably of Middle Eastern descent?

So is it ok for a tanned person to get an award by the crowd in you're OP?

Why aren't you objecting to Easah being nominated?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I also questioned how Jessica Ennis is up for an award as she's neither black or part of an ethnic minority, I've never heard of or seen Easah Suliman.
    You have the agenda here pal.

She's biracial. Her father is Jamaican and her mother is English.

Valetta wrote:
    So is it ok for a tanned person to get an award by the crowd in you're OP?

Valetta wrote:
    Why aren't you objecting to Easah being nominated?

What are you on about at all, what are you trying to get me to say?

I'm not objecting to anybody being nominated.

So comfortkid, looking at your other post telling everyone to kill all Muslims, how exactly did you imagine/daydream about doing that?

It does affect me. I am being discriminated, I can not win this award because of my skin colour

How exactly are you different from Easah
    Suliman, in the context of your OP?

Valetta wrote:
    How exactly are you different from Easah Suliman, in the context of your OP?

I am white he is not. I can not be nominated for this award, he can.

I don't know what your agenda is here, My OP isn't very hard to understand.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

smokingman wrote: »

What about female racists?

My dog is a racist. Always barks Chinese people. But not black, white or tanned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

moneymad wrote: »
    Just say the word racist and get it out the way like a good girl.
    And then the grown ups can carry on chatting, sound good?

mod: banned

Mod

This isn't acceptable in AH or anywhere on boards.

There are a few posters here that are very close to overstepping the mark. Please stick to the topic, attack the post and not the poster. This is the only warning, it'll be cards and bans from here on.

I am white he is not. I can not be nominated for this award, he can.

I don't know what your agenda is here, My OP isn't very hard to understand.

But nowhere in the link to their site does it mention skin colour.

You're the one that introduced that.

Valetta wrote:
    But nowhere in the link to their site does it mention skin colour.

Valetta wrote:
    You're the one that introduced that.

Are you for real? Have a little read about it there for yoursef. Its not for white people. I'm not even going to reply to you anymore.

Are you for real? Have a little read about it there for yoursef. Its not for white people. I'm not even going to reply to you anymore.

Quote the part where it says it's not for white people?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Lot of salty crackers in this thread

You're not answering my question there comfortboy - what do you daydream about in achieving your final solution?

smokingman wrote:
    You're not answering my question there comfortboy - what do you daydream about in achieving your final solution?

Your smoking too much man. I explained it several times on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Orangebrigade

osarusan wrote: »
    No, you said it was a racist awards event that ignores white people.

He pointed out that white musicians, and bands with white members, have won awards, demonstrating that it is in fact you who is lying through your arse.
    The title of the awards show proves that. It is based on race. So I was right. Tokenism towards white folk doesn't count.

Valetta wrote:

Read the link I posted in the OP. The very first sentence on that page!

Seriously, your trying to say a white person can be nominated when the actual website says different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

Valetta wrote: »
    This award recognises a male from the BME community who has made a significant impact on sport and has excelled in their sport in the last year

Meaning
    BME/BAME – Black and Minority Ethnic or Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic is the terminology normally used in the UK to describe people of non-white descent.
    Happy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

Africa and the Middle East must be racist as f•ck then.

Chris Powell won the Fa manager of the year award last year at this, a manager that lost twice as many games as he won and got sacked as a result.. But yeah, he's the best manager in Britain..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

weisses wrote: »
    Meaning

Happy ?

That changes things, for me at least TBH. There are white ethnic minorities as well. To not include them but include all other minorities seems a bit odd, to say the least.

That changes things, for me at least TBH. There are white ethnic minorities as well. To not include them but include all other minorities seems a bit odd, to say the least.

But I'm the evil racist for questioning this..

Your smoking too much man. I explained it several times on this thread.

That, you didn't.
    Anyhow, just to refocus on your current thread, can I ask you why this awards thing annoys you so much?
    Do you really think you'd have more talent than the people nominated?...that you've achieved more than them?
    Outside of the real world where award ceremonies don't really exist for us normal people, does it really matter that a bunch of people that have historically been fairly shat on in the past, can celebrate their unity, their self worth?
    ...or

Chris Powell won the Fa manager of the year award last year at this, a manager that lost twice as many games as he won and got sacked as a result.. But yeah, he's the best manager in Britain..

You sure about that? Fairly sure he won it the year that he got Charlton back into the championship, but don't let facts get in the way of a good race war!

Edit: Nevermind, you were right. Just copped that it was this specific awards ceremony you were on about and not the actaul FA manager of the year award.

Lights On wrote:
    You sure about that? Fairly sure he won it the year that he got Charlton back into the championship, but don't let facts get in the way of a good race war!

Just looked it up and it said Huddersfield town manager Chris Powell! These awards only started this year! Don't let that fact get in the way of accusing me of being a racist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,448 ✭✭✭weisses

That, you didn't.
    Anyhow, just to refocus on your current thread, can I ask you why this awards thing annoys you so much?
    Do you really think you'd have more talent than the people nominated?...that you've achieved more than them?
    Outside of the real world where award ceremonies don't really exist for us normal people, does it really matter that a bunch of people that have historically been fairly shat on in the past, can celebrate their unity, their self worth?
    ...or

Yeahh Lewis Hamilton needs counseling and would love this award ..The poor lad .. Come on

Point remains ..... If this would be an "all white" occasion there would be an uproar

• Advertisement

Just looked it up and it said Huddersfield town manager Chris Powell! These awards only started this year! Don't let that fact get in the way of accusing me of being a racist though.

Yeah I edited the post, you could have worded it better though it wasn't the FA manager of the year he won, it was the BDESA manager of the year, big difference!

Advertisement