Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Decision
    Deadst4r wrote: »
    Also felt Conor looked better than usual.

Crowd was great at weigh ins. Few mishaps (people shouting over Holly's first few questions) but honestly the American fans were just as strange and creepy 'holly you look so good' etc.

One guy asked her
    "Preachers daughters are known for being freaky. What's the freakiest thing you've done? That's open to interpretation"

I mean, that's so creepy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

TUF finale starting for those staying up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Aldo via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

McGregor via Decision
    Best pics I could get.

Vs Brimmage
    conor-mcgregor-2.jpg

Holloway
    McGregorMandelSherdog.jpg

Brandao
    image.jpg

Poirier
    11.jpg

Siver
    inpho_00884681.jpg

Mendes
    20150710052837_6DX_0112.JPG

McGregor via Decision
    hefferboi wrote: »
    Best pics I could get.

Fair play! I'm actually less worried now, he looks similar to the way he did before the Siver fight. I hadn't seen him look like that before. I was just thinking that must be some sort of double with fake tatts :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

McGregor via Decision
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    Fair play! I'm actually less worried now, he looks similar to the way he did before the Siver fight. I hadn't seen him look like that before.

Thanks, took a while.

I think he looked a lot worse v Siver and Mendes. Mendes weigh in is hard to judge with all the hair but I reckon he would have looked a lot worse if his hair was shorter and beard trimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,110 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    Im thinking Conor will be around 160-165 tomorrow and Aldo will probably be around 155-160

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

McGregor via Decision
    hefferboi wrote: »
    Thanks, took a while.

I think he looked a lot worse v Siver and Mendes. Mendes weigh in is hard to judge with all the hair but I reckon he would have looked a lot worse if his hair was shorter and beard trimmer.

Yeah that's actually a good point! It's crazy though. He looked the same as always at the open workouts yesterday, and today he just looked like a different person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    robwen wrote: »
    Conor weighs in at 145 & his normal weight is around 170 I think I read here earlier, so what weight would he be hoping to be for the fight tomor?
    145 & 170 is roughly a 2 stone difference thats some crazy weight loss

I would guess he's fighting at around 160/165 on the day. I have no evidence though, just my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

He's at 146 against Brimmage, Holloway, Brandao and Poirier I believe, which is why he looks slightly better. 145 for the last three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

moneyman wrote: »
    He's at 146 against Brimmage, Holloway, Brandao and Poirier I believe, which is why he looks slightly better. 145 for the last three.

Good point, that last pound seems to come off his face in a way that makes him look extra bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

McGregor via Decision
    it's always a brutal cut but honestly it's the best i've seen him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭All_in_Flynn

Just back from the weigh in. Atmosphere was amazing.

Firstly the Q&A was great to be fair and I think Holly actually enjoyed herself. There was the odd one or two questions from Irish lads which were cringe worthy but most of it was fine with some very funny moments.

As for the weigh in itself, it was great to see Faber get such a great reception.

Thought Conor looked so much better than the Medes weigh in. You only have to look at the colour in his skin. He seemed very relaxed and was taking it all in.

Jose looked a little worse than usual I thought. Still ok though. Did anyone think he was a little less muscular than his usual self? Looked a little less defined on the shoulders and lower stomach area. Can someone put up a pic of a past weigh in maybe as I could be completely wrong?

The atmosphere around Vegas is brilliant. There has been one or two clowns making a show of themselves but the vast majority have been well behaved and the locals are loving it.

Can't wait for tomorrow, hope for a great night of fights

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

Keep the faith..looking at the weigh ins there,mcgregors gona knock the bollox out of aldo.,round 2 its all over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    banter between the two boys is hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

https://streamable.com/5xy5

Better length of the weigh in staredown.

McGregor looked better than any weigh in recently. What did he actually weigh in at? EDIT: 145.

Aldo looked positively giddy.

While I'd like to see a brawl, I'd absolutely piss myself laughing if it was over with the first strike, at 0:02.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,168 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

moneyman wrote: »

The extra lb doesnt make that sort of difference. The actuall reason is because he was physically bigger for the later fights. Which is why using the pics as a reference point is silly.

FWIW, I considered him to look better today than the Mendes fight.
    Which is understandable given he was injured. I believe he was heavier than usual coming into the fight week last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Aldo via Submission
    Just watched the weigh ins. Two observations:

1: Conor looked worse for this weigh in than I've ever seen him before, like dangerously so.

2: He look ****ing surprised to make 145 while standing on the scale!

Also, Conor losing the head when Jose took the piss out of him making the Bruce Lee pose... Looks like Jose is in Conor's head...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

McGregor via Decision

1: Conor looked worse for this weigh in than I've ever seen him before, like dangerously so.

Also, Conor losing the head when Jose took the piss out of him making the Bruce Lee pose... Looks like Jose is in Conor's head...

He lost the rag with the Brazilian fans to...

• Advertisement

Aldo via Submission
    OmegaRed wrote: »

The look of relief on his face when the announcer said 145 really threw me, I think this cut was harder than anyone is admitting, he looked really unwell on the scales and then started reacting emotionally... I don't see those being the rational actions of a man who has confidence in himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

McGregor via Decision

As well as john Kavanagh. Not sure I've ever seen him agitated before. Him joining in with a middle finger to Brazilian fans was certainly different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Can't say I agree with either of the two points. Not sure Conor did lose the head, he always squares up like that with everyone. It's controlled aggression, 5 seconds later he's laughing. People reading too much into this. If you want to micro analyse every little moment of the exchange, note that when Conor feinted with a little kick before being separated, Aldo recoiled a bit so you could read that as a sign of fear for Aldo.. Aldo looked pretty energetic in general during the weigh in, more animated than we've seen him over the last year. Conor looked pretty relaxed smiling away. Either way both seem in good shape and will look a lot healthier after rehydrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Aldo via Decision
    I don't think people can take anything at all from the weigh ins other than they both made the weight. The whole 'in his head' thing is just part of the hype job in a fight. These guys are professional fighters. They've been planning and training how they're going to beat their opponent for months. A five minute interaction in the weigh in isn't going to have one bit of effect on either of them.

But in the media narrative, Jose definitely won the battle at the weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

McGregor via Decision

Some craic!!!

Aldo via Submission
    Some craic!!!

They are asking for a team of riot police to fuc*ing baton charge them and get them off the road. Acting like morons after a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

They are asking for a team of riot police to fuc*ing baton charge them and get them off the road. Acting like morons after a few pints.

I'd pay to see that.

Aldo via Decision
    With the amount of lads definitely already pissed since the afternoon I'd say there'll be a load of scraps tonight.

• Advertisement

Aldo via Submission
    Be a load of lads who make a tool of themselves and make sure they're never granted entry to the US again after a short stay in a county jail for general fuc*wittery.

Advertisement