Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    Tilikum wrote: »
    Well then fight at a higher weight ffs. There should be a limit on how much people can cut. Height & reach advantage. If he fought people at a higher weight he'd get his arse handed to him, because they're all cutting.

The whole thing is a joke lol

fuck it if it gives him an advantage and hes able to put in the hard yards without affecting his performance in the ring more power to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

Depp wrote: »
    fuck it if it gives him an advantage and hes able to put in the hard yards without affecting his performance in the ring more power to him

Exactly there is nothing to stop anyone fighting at 145 regardless of your weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

McGregor via Decision
    I know IV's are now banned, what's to stop Conor and his team, or any fighter for that matter, heading back to their rooms and plugging one in? If nothing illegal is in the drip then how would they find out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

McGregor via Decision
    Serious increase in experts in here tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    I'd probably have backed Aldo if I were a betting man, but sure a great time to fill your boots if you were a conor believer the whole time?

I backed Aldo a couple of weeks ago, but if the odds keep moving the way they are I'll be backing Conor also, then only the dreaded draw will be able to keep me from profit!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Aldo now 10/11. Interesting to see what its like before the fight.

scudzilla wrote: »
    I know IV's are now banned, what's to stop Conor and his team, or any fighter for that matter, heading back to their rooms and plugging one in? If nothing illegal is in the drip then how would they find out?
    Sure aldo said he was gonna keep using them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

McGregor via Decision
    Conor looks like he was just freed from Auschwitz. Not sure how people are saying he looks better than previous weigh ins. His face was literally caving in around the cheek area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

This is actually clutching at straws to pretend Conor can never lose even the most insignificant of battles!

Aldo mocked what McGregor did at the press conference, McGregor wasn't expecting it and it was ****ing hilarious, that's all there is to it. Not a huge deal but certainly the first time Aldo has "got one over" on McGregor in the media battle, does it matter to the fight? Very unlikely but can we not just see it for the fun moment it was instead of getting bent out of shape?

I never even implied that Conor couldn't, or didn't, lose any small battles. Maybe you should read my post again and see that I was referring to this:
    Jose just made conor his b1tch this time and conor knows it.

ie. Dave completely blowing something trivial out of proportion.

It was clear Conor wasn't expecting that from Jose, so yeah, apparently Conor is his bitch now and Conor knows it. Makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Didn't Jose say in an interview he would still use IV to rehydrate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Aldo via Submission
    People getting way too excited about Conor's appearance. He always looks crap at the weigh in. He won't look like that tomorrow. If he loses I don't think it will have anything to do with the cut.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Conor looks like he was just freed from Auschwitz. Not sure how people are saying he looks better than previous weigh ins. His face was literally caving in around the cheek area.

Probably because he does? Certainly no worse anyway. Go back and watch the Siver and Mendes weigh-ins, seems like you haven't seen them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

GFT wrote: »

Wise words from a seasoned boards poster like yourself...nearly in double digits :pac:

Leaves traces of a plastic substance or something like that in the bloodstream which can be detected through testing.

Aldo via Submission

Wont the plastic from the iv show up in the blood test?

Aldo via Decision
    moneyman wrote: »
    I never even implied that Conor couldn't, or didn't, lose any small battles. Maybe you should read my post again and see that I was referring to this:

ie. Dave completely blowing something trivial out of proportion.

It was clear Conor wasn't expecting that from Jose, so yeah, apparently Conor is his bitch now and Conor knows it. Makes sense.

The post I responded to said nothing happened, may have been nothing noteworthy happened, though I think its noteworthy that Aldo got the better of one of those exchanges and took McGregor by surprise for once to be honest.

Made him his bitch? Of course not, but certainly not nothing happened.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Didn't Jose say in an interview he would still use IV to rehydrate?

He did emphatically state that he would continue using it, but then he took it back at a later date, so I imagine there's no chance of him using the IV... ;)

Amazing how all of a sudden people favour aldo.

They look at a weigh in as the reason he will win, while over the last few weeks forgetting he is the unbeaten champion.

McGregor via Decision
    moneyman wrote: »
    Probably because he does? Certainly no worse anyway. Go back and watch the Siver and Mendes weigh-ins, seems like you haven't seen them.

I have seen them, thanks. So many people saying similar to I am here and all over social media.

That being said. Aldo looked terrible too. Anyone know why conors voice was so weird before the weigh in? Was it die to the dehydration?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The weigh is popping up on Facebook. Don't think I remember McGregor smiling so much at a weigh in

• Advertisement

The banning of IVs is a big thing in fairness.

Wonder how well each will rehydrate now.

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I'm not sure you understand how cutting works if you think the injury was supposedly the cause of him looking drained last time. No one was saying that. The injury simply made the cut more difficult, it's not going to make him look any different once he hits 145. How would it?

He doesn't look worse by the way, that's not accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    I have seen them, thanks. So many people saying similar to I am here and all over social media.

That being said. Aldo looked terrible too. Anyone know why conors voice was so weird before the weigh in? Was it die to the dehydration?

I dunno i was surprised by how good he looked anyway! destroys himself with that cut...yeah say thats it was just a bit of hoarseness from the dry throat and all

Aldo via Submission

So many people saying the same but so many people who've never watched a fight outside of McGregor so I wouldn't use that as a reference. He looks no worse than Siver or mendes weigh in.

Aldo via Decision
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    Amazing how all of a sudden people favour aldo.

They look at a weigh in as the reason he will win, while over the last few weeks forgetting he is the unbeaten champion.

That is hilarious alright

Wouldn't be as bad if McGregor didn't always look like a ghost at weigh ins but it does suggest a lot are not actually that familiar with it I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

MarkY91 wrote:

You haven't a clue.. Look at his weigh in for Mendes fight and then try tell us he looks worse tonight.

McGregor via Decision
    Depp wrote: »
    I dunno i was surprised by how good he looked anyway! destroys himself with that cut...yeah say thats it was just a bit of hoarseness from the dry throat and all

I guess I just wasn't expecting such a caved in cheek area. I didnt think his face looked like that last weigh ins. But his beard was alot shorter tonight so maybe his face was hidden by his longer beard at other weigh ins?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

GFT wrote:

Would like to hear your enlightened opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    I didn't put any money on this. Kind of glad I didn't, want to enjoy this without any distractions but damn you could've made a nice profit with the way these odds are switching.

• Advertisement

McGregor via Decision
    ComfortKid wrote: »
    You haven't a clue.. Look at his weigh in for Mendes fight and then try tell us he looks worse tonight.

Sorry for having a different opinion to you. Calm down..

Advertisement