Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

People getting VERY defensive about how Conor looked at the weigh in...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

McGregor via Decision
    Axwell wrote: »
    Wise words from a seasoned boards poster like yourself...nearly in double digits :pac:

Deliciously Ironic innit. :D

It'll take me a few years to reach your post count I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Aldo via Submission
    Davei141 wrote: »

Not defensive. But it's how he always looks. People getting defensive at people saying he's never looked worse. He looked worse for Siver and Mendes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    TenseClutteredChameleon.gif

The messer becomes the messee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

McGregor via Decision

Most are writing Conor off before the fight even starts though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Seems I'm alone in thinking that's the best Mcgregor has looked at a weigh in in a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    Aldo now 10/11. Interesting to see what its like before the fight.

He's still available at 11/10 (Ladbrokes) mate. Won't last too much longer however.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

GFT wrote: »
    Deliciously Ironic innit. :D

It'll take me a few years to reach your post count I hope.

Probably will if that last post was anything to go by for the valuable insight you have on offer for us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

McGregor via Decision
    I was there, Conor looked like a different person tonight, don't know if it's for the better or worse, he looked very weird. A bit like Holohan even.

Aldo via Submission
    Seems I'm alone in thinking that's the best Mcgregor has looked at a weigh in in a while?

Nope. You're not alone. He always looks terrible. What worries me more is Aldo is extremely calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    Good gif, but if it got it from the start it would have been better :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,086 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    GFT wrote: »
    Most are writing Conor off before the fight even starts though.

Thats ok, it balances out from how most people were/are looking to who he will fight next after he wins the belt before the fight even starts though ;)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    stephenl15 wrote: »
    I was there, Conor looked like a different person tonight, don't know if it's for the better or worse, he looked very weird. A bit like Holohan even.

thats racist, just because they're dubs doesnt mean they all look the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Aldo via Decision
    Good gif, but if it got it from the start it would have been better :)

Yeah I nabbed it off someone else, it's missing the moment of surprise when Jose moves into that stance

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The weigh is popping up on Facebook. Don't think I remember McGregor smiling so much at a weigh in

clearly psyched

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

McGregor via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    He's still available at 11/10 (Ladbrokes) mate. Won't last too much longer however.

11/10 on Boyles too

For all the weight cut experts...JK is reading your comments :pac:

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/675475156769202176

Aldo via Submission
    What did Dana say to Faber on the scales? Great to see him get such a reception from the Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

McGregor via Decision
    What did Dana say to Faber on the scales? Great to see him get such a reception from the Irish.

He just told him to quit moving around so his weight could be taken :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

McGregor via Decision

"We're not past the watershed could you kindly put something on that chin"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Aldo via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Aldo via Submission
    Who will be bigger for the fight tomorrow night so? Conor or Aldo? What kind of weight would they typically be on fight night?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

McGregor via Decision
    A lot of overreaction about the weigh in here. Conor is never going to look great weighing in at 145, but for me that's the best he's looked at weigh in since the Poirier fight. While it's still not great, and that's a sign why he's looking to move up soon, he's definitely looked worse. He was smiling a lot and even sounded better on the mic than after the 189 weigh in.

Aldo wasn't quite as bad, but was still very sucked in yet there's not many worrying about him. It can't be good on the body but it was hardly a surprise they were going to look gaunt.

McGregor via Decision
    Who will be bigger for the fight tomorrow night so? Conor or Aldo? What kind of weight would they typically be on fight night?

conor by a bit, no way to be sure really but conor be around 170-ish and aldo wouldnt be far behind, his cut is fairly drastic too apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭gene_tunney

How many hours until ringwalk?

McGregor via Decision
    How many hours until ringwalk?

30 or so, around that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

You are spectacularly confused and I've no intention of discussing it further. You've been on this forum since one of Conor's first UFC fights I believe, desperately waiting for him to lose. Good for you, but let's not pretend you don't have an agenda in literally everything you post about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

McGregor via Decision
    WOW, at it before the weigh ins

https://mobile.twitter.com/MoTownPhenom/status/675462253877985280/video/1

Already posted, thought i was onto something :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Also felt Conor looked better than usual.

Crowd was great at weigh ins. Few mishaps (people shouting over Holly's first few questions) but honestly the American fans were just as strange and creepy 'holly you look so good' etc.

Advertisement