Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 194: McGregor vs Aldo ***READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭selectamatic

People are reading way too much into this weigh in, both Aldo and Conor looked gaunt but that's perfectly understandable given both of their appearances this past week every man and his dog knew the cut would be tough on them.(both men were looking quite big last week perhaps bigger than previous build ups, I'm not quite sure)
    Despite looking gaunt and reaching for water instantly after coming off the scales they both appeared relaxed and pretty energetic given the circumstances. I felt Conor looked better than his previous two weigh ins where as Aldo looked slightly worse than he used to at weigh ins but again that's understandable given his prolonged lay off.
    All in all very little drama and for me it made the fight even harder to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Good in comparison to past weight cuts. I'm pretty sure you know that nobody is saying he looks good or healthy in general, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

moneyman wrote: »
    Absolutely nothing noteworthy, just Dave clutching at straws to try to pretend Conor loses even the tiniest of battles. Nothing new.

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

McGregor via Decision
    Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the Mendes fight will be on at?

Prob 5:30 am ish/thereabouts...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

McGregor via Decision
    It's just water weight! If you kept doing it you'd die from dehydration! What Conor does is really unsafe, a fighter died recently cutting for a weigh in.

no food or water for 2 days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Aldo via Decision
    Conor looked like death dressed up tonight.
    Aldo looked absolutely composed.
    You could sense the reaction from the Irish crowd.
    They seem shocked to see Conor in this state.
    Worrying it has to be said...................:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭robwen

Aldo via Submission
    Conor looks more like Paddy the Hooligan than himself in some of those weigh in pics

McGregor via Decision

Yea I thought the crowd were quieter than I expected when he came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Good in comparison to past weight cuts. I'm pretty sure you know that nobody is saying he looks good or healthy in general, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

The phrase "great shape" was used ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

McGregor via Decision
    He'll be fine, He'll be heading to the TUF Finale now, few scoops after that, nice big fry in the mornin, he'll be grand

• Advertisement

McGregor via Decision
    Have to say, none of the other fighers looked as bad as Conor.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Having watched the q&a earlier, they wouldn't be capable of rational thought

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision
    py2006 wrote: »

ah holloway was fairly rough now, good few of em were to be fair, just we're not as used to seeing their faces normally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

py2006 wrote: »

He walks around at 170 in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

McGregor via Decision
    Video on the UFC snapchat of Conor giving a nice middle finger to Brazilian fans. Also a video of him backstage before the weigh ins, tri-colour raised, having a go at the Aldo team :D

Bisping just a moment ago on Fox "Conor could be the first Irish champion, and first UK champion'. Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

McGregor via Decision
    Bookies have moved the odds, Aldo is now Evens from 5/4 in about 48 hours, having been 6/4 a couple of weeks ago, Conor drifting badly and may even go off odds against, money is coming for Aldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

shocksy wrote: »
    Bookies have moved the odds, Aldo is now Evens from 5/4 in about 48 hours, having been 6/4 a couple of weeks ago, Conor drifting badly and may even go off odds against, money is coming for Aldo.

Means Jack **** in relation to the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Aldo via Submission
    350uz52.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

McGregor via Decision
    Holy sh!t just watched the weigh in. McGregor must have been really suffering there. Another poster mentioned his voice, hopefully he recovers well between now and tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Aldo via Submission
    This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

McGregor via Decision

This fellas gunna get a recording contract by the looks of things, getting a serious reaction, some pipes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Aldo via Submission
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    He walks around at 170 in fairness.

Well then fight at a higher weight ffs. There should be a limit on how much people can cut. Height & reach advantage. If he fought people at a higher weight he'd get his arse handed to him, because they're all cutting.

The whole thing is a joke lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Aldo via Decision
    Absolutely nothing noteworthy, just Dave clutching at straws to try to pretend Conor loses even the tiniest of battles. Nothing new.

This is actually clutching at straws to pretend Conor can never lose even the most insignificant of battles!

Aldo mocked what McGregor did at the press conference, McGregor wasn't expecting it and it was ****ing hilarious, that's all there is to it. Not a huge deal but certainly the first time Aldo has "got one over" on McGregor in the media battle, does it matter to the fight? Very unlikely but can we not just see it for the fun moment it was instead of getting bent out of shape?

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

McGregor via Decision
    JustTheOne wrote: »
    Means Jack **** in relation to the fight.

Where did i state it did????? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I was just making the point betting patterns have changed dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Wish I had backed Aldo earlier, didn't expect him to shorten so much. I think Aldo wins this but by jaysus I want Conor to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭tinpib

McGregor via Decision
    robwen wrote: »
    Conor looks more like Paddy the Hooligan than himself in some of those weigh in pics

In the face, he was a double. A bit shocking really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Aldo via Submission
    Tilikum wrote: »
    Well then fight at a higher weight ffs. There should be a limit on how much people can cut. Height & reach advantage. If he fought people at a higher weight he'd get his arse handed to him, because they're all cutting.

The whole thing is a joke lol

Agreed something should be done about it. It's dangerous for fighters. Wouldn't surprise me if a lot of fighters are on diuretics to aid them cutting weight.

IBF boxing sanctioning body have a rehydration limit to regulate massive weight cutters.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd probably have backed Aldo if I were a betting man, but sure a great time to fill your boots if you were a conor believer the whole time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Conors always looked like **** at the weigh in but still performed, problem is there aren't IVs anymore. Aldo didn't look too much better, cheek bones popping out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

McGregor via Decision
    shocksy wrote: »

Posted months ago that this would happen. The sharps were always going to lump on Aldo at the price he was at.

Advertisement