Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

Have Begovic and McCarthy as my keepers. Already have a change made so would you take a hit to bring in Courtois in case he starts or wait until next week to make the change and possibly have no keeper this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Poker Face wrote: »
    Have Begovic and McCarthy as my keepers. Already have a change made so would you take a hit to bring in Courtois in case he starts or wait until next week to make the change and possibly have no keeper this weekend

No. If Begovic starts you still have no keeper and are -4. If you want to change keepers bring in DDG/Cech/Lloris as they will definitely start.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Poker Face

Benimar wrote: »
    No. If Begovic starts you still have no keeper and are -4. If you want to change keepers bring in DDG/Cech/Lloris as they will definitely start.

Sorry forgot to say for McCarthy and then ship Begovic out next week or week after depending on injuries to other players. Will need a clean sheet from Chelseea for 2pts, is it worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Did Sanchez to Ozil.

Very tempted to do Ayew to Hazard for minus 4. Everything points to a big risk, plus it will eat up my funds for Aguero next week. Doesn't make sence but can't get that nagging thought away.

People with Lukaka, Vardy and Kane - are you shipping Vardy out for Aguero? Currently looking at Vardy or possibly Lukaka out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Vardy will get a goal this weekend. Waiting to ship him out until after he has the next record.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

El festino wrote: »
    Very tempted to do Ayew to Hazard for minus 4. Everything points to a big risk, plus it will eat up my funds for Aguero next week. Doesn't make sence but can't get that nagging thought away.

I wouldn't do that move for free, Ayew has a really nice fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

El festino wrote: »
    Did Sanchez to Ozil.

People with Lukaka, Vardy and Kane - are you shipping Vardy out for Aguero? Currently looking at Vardy or possibly Lukaka out.

Definitely wouldn't be taking out Ayew for a hit this week. Three really nice home fixtures in the next four.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Bournemouth have conceeded 18 goals in last 5 games, tempted to go Sanchez to Hazard....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Sturridge in

For

ANYONE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Might get rid of Bertrand now if Fonte won't be back by the weekend.. Southampton don't look great at the back without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Sturridge v Newcastle this weekend could be worth a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

Sturridge v Newcastle this weekend could be worth a punt.

too soon BUT with upcoming fixtures he could be a cheaper alternative to aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

All aboard the Klopp Train!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Chesty08 wrote: »
    All aboard the Klopp Train!

Choo choo. Just getting Moreno at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Really struggling to make a decision this week. Ive 2 F.T's so have to make a move.
    DDG
    Moreno Kolorav bellerin
    mahrez kdb mane ayew
    vardy lukaku kane
    Mccarthy richards Jos Sanchez
    I'll be selling sanchez so that gives me 11.4 to spend. The problem I face here is that the 11 above all have nice fixtures but will probably end up benching ayew. Anyone any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Really struggling to make a decision this week. Ive 2 F.T's so have to make a move.
    DDG
    Moreno Kolorav bellerin
    mahrez kdb mane ayew
    vardy lukaku kane
    I'll be selling sanchez so that gives me 11.4 to spend. The problem I face here is that the 11 above all have nice fixtures but will probably end up benching ayew. Anyone any ideas.

I'd go with an obvious move and bring in one of Ozil/Hazard/Coutinho/Barkley for Sanchez. I would keep a plan (and funds) in mind to bring in Aguero in two easy moves in a future GW.

Edit: For this GW I'd bench either Ayew or Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

DDG
    Moreno Kolorav bellerin
    mahrez kdb mane ayew
    vardy lukaku kane

Do you intend keeping the strong front 8? If so then Sanchez to someone like Coutinho/Silva. Of course that doesn't solve your selection headache.

Leicesters fixtures aren't great beyond this week. Do you intend keeping both Mahrez and Vardy? If you don't intend keeping a strong front 8, you could downgrade Sanchez to a cheapie of your choice (Alli maybe?) this week. And next week you can pick one of Mahrez or Vardy to upgrade. You'd have enough for Vardy to Aguero next week (depending on Agueros fitness). Or Mahrez to any midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

DDG
    Moreno Kolorav bellerin
    mahrez kdb mane ayew
    vardy lukaku kane

Nice problem to have! I would be benching Mahrez over Ayew this week it's close though. With the options we have upfront the Sanchez money is hard enough to spend! Ozil is the obvious option.

Do you intend keeping the strong front 8? If so then Sanchez to someone like Coutinho/Silva. Of course that doesn't solve your selection headache.

Leicesters fixtures aren't great beyond this week. Do you intend keeping both Mahrez and Vardy? If you don't intend keeping a strong front 8, you could downgrade Sanchez to a cheapie of your choice (Alli maybe?) this week. And next week you can pick one of Mahrez or Vardy to upgrade. You'd have enough for Vardy to Aguero next week (depending on Agueros fitness). Or Mahrez to any midfielder.
    Thats my other dilemma. I dont know whether to keep the strong front 8, it has served me well. Im not comfortable giving vardy and mahrez 2 out of my 7 attacking spots for the 4 games against city, chelsea, eve, liv. Im thinking of keeping strong front 8 and benching mahrez for those 4 games. Nice player to have coming in if there is any xmas rotation. Sanchez to Alli is a decent shout actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Thats my other dilemma. I dont know whether to keep the strong front 8, it has served me well. Im not comfortable giving vardy and mahrez 2 out of my 7 attacking spots for the 4 games against city, chelsea, eve, liv. Im thinking of keeping strong front 8 and benching mahrez for those 4 games. Nice player to have coming in if there is any xmas rotation. Sanchez to Alli is a decent shout actually.

I also have strong front 8, and thinking of sticking with it. Very handy to have over the christmas. I'll have one of Ighalo or Bolasie on my bench, which is a good position to be in.

The only reason I'd need to give up the strong front 8* is to get Aguero, and I'm not convinced I need him yet. Might get him in January when the busy period is over, and he shows signs of form and more importantly fitness. There's plenty of forwards for much cheaper than Aguero who are performing: Kane, Lukaku, Vardy, Ighalo.

*surely we can come up with an abbreviation for this term?! SF8?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

I will be keeping the strong front eight for a while yet. There are only 2/3 premium guys that you need the money for:
    Hazard,
    Aguero,
    Sturridge???
    There are issues with all of them, and it will take time before we know the best way to go. I think therefore it's best to keep the money in mid-range players rather the the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I also have strong front 8, and thinking of sticking with it. Very handy to have over the christmas. I'll have one of Ighalo or Bolasie on my bench, which is a good position to be in.

The only reason I'd need to give up the strong front 8* is to get Aguero, and I'm not convinced I need him yet. Might get him in January when the busy period is over, and he shows signs of form and more importantly fitness. There's plenty of forwards for much cheaper than Aguero who are performing: Kane, Lukaku, Vardy, Ighalo.

*surely we can come up with an abbreviation for this term?! SF8?!

Freight? (Fr-ont eight)

As in an unstoppable freight train out of control charging full steam ahead :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'd pick a fifth mid too and carry a transfer.
    Gives you at least a week to decide between Mane (whose fixtures get tougher) and Ayew who has a decent short term run as well as Vardez against another tough opponent.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

DDG
    Moreno Kolorav bellerin
    mahrez kdb mane ayew
    vardy lukaku kane

As some have alluded to I think it revolves around your intentions for Aguero. While no hurry yet to get him in are any of us (who are fans of him) gonna go without past the Swansea game, or at least by Sunderland GW18.

So depending on whether or when the 13m man is coming in and who for (whether you sacrifice Kane or Lukaku with form and fixtures or Vardy with form) will probably determine the future of your strong front 8.

Depending on who you want to fit in (e.g. are you gonna go for Hazard territory or Deulefeu), and as I said in the Xmas thread, Alli as 5th mid would be a good compromise over the Xmas period.

For me, I'm looking at Hazard and Aguero into my team soon and keeping Kane and Lukaku, so that rules out the strong front 8 really, but may let me fit Alli.

I'll be keeping 8 strong attackers this week at least and probably risk benching Mahrez again, it worked for me last week.

In your situation, depending on the answers to the Aguero questions and what mids you want the next few weeks it probably (a) Sanchez to Hazard and bench Mahrez/Ayew (coin toss there) or (b) Sanchez to Alli and consider 4th mid options next week.

BTW, being me with my fettish for premium forwards, I'm after looking at a Kane, Sturridge, Aguero front line team and it didn't look half bad!! :D

^^^

I certainly want to get in a Liverpool attacker and wanted Benteke but I hate buying a striker who does not take penos. So I was going to go for Coutinho as I see him as the main man but now Sturridge is complicating matters even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

So lads is Aguero likely to play this weekend or what? Last I hard MP said he should be grand last week

So lads is Aguero likely to play this weekend or what? Last I hard MP said he should be grand last week

Everything points to him playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

^^^

I certainly want to get in a Liverpool attacker and wanted Benteke but I hate buying a striker who does not take penos. So I was going to go for Coutinho as I see him as the main man but now Sturridge is complicating matters even more.

Yeah I also want a Liverpool player in. Sturridge is way too much of a risk to transfer now so I'll probably do Sanchez to Coutinho, even though De Bruyne is so tempting.

Some great feedback lads thanks. Need to make a decision today as I'm not taking another drop on sanchez.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Begovic --> Mignolet

No hits this week thankfully

Advertisement