Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭LostArt

Yeah I also want a Liverpool player in. Sturridge is way too much of a risk to transfer now so I'll probably do Sanchez to Coutinho, even though De Bruyne is so tempting.

Thinking of going down the same route myself, even though I presume Coutinho may be a risk for this weekend? Can't go into this weekend without Liverpool attacking cover anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

My front 8 is as follows:

Mata - Barkley - Ozil - Mahrez (Watson)

Aguero - Vardy - Lukaku

I have 4.1m in the bank having already done Sanchez to Barkley this week.

I am tempted to take a hit to do Mata >KDB, but as bad as the attacking returns from Man U have been, they have some nice fixtures coming up. This week they certainly have a more preferrable fixture to Man C.

Do I stick with Mata this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Is Mata a nailed on starter? KDB is, i should think. Plus he is more capable of getting more than 1 goal in a game; even a tough game. Whereas even against a 'smaller' team, i get a feeling ManU are just gonna get that 1 goal and trot over the line 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Pter wrote: »
    Is Mata a nailed on starter? KDB is, i should think. Plus he is more capable of getting more than 1 goal in a game; even a tough game. Whereas even against a 'smaller' team, i get a feeling ManU are just gonna get that 1 goal and trot over the line 1-0.

He's been pretty nailed on the last few weeks.

But I agree with everything else you say. I suppose I just feel that if Man U are to click, he will be the catalyst and that is most likely to be against poor opposition.

I think the -4 is the deciding factor this week. Is KDB likely to out score Mata by 5 away to Stoke, when Man U play West Ham at home?

Good point - probably worth sticking with Mata.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Sanchez OUT ...... TBC in ?

Loads to spend Hazzrd, Mata ??

Chelsea have a nice run of games coming up but their form and Hazzard form is awful.??

Mata - taughts on him.

Midfield as is Barkley, KDB, Marhez, Ozil (Sanchez)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Chesty08 wrote: »
    All aboard the Klopp Train!

Unless their at home to Palace !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I have Benteke but thinking of benching him for Alli, and going 4-4-2.

With Sturridge back, Origi hitting form, and Firmino doubling up as a striker, I'm worried Bentekkers won't start, and if he does, he won't play 90.

Am I right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ormus wrote: »

With Sturridge back, Origi hitting form, and Firmino doubling up as a striker, I'm worried Bentekkers won't start, and if he does, he won't play 90.

Am I right?

Its a gamble, but I think Benteke will start. Sturridge will be wrapped in cotton wool, so I'd be surprised to see him start again. Origi will be lucky to make the squad regardless of last nights hat-trick and I think Firmino will only be used as the 'false 9'in tough away games - Newcastle doesn't fall into that category!

Benteke probably wont get 90 minutes, but I'd take 70 minutes at Newcastle from my forward over 90 minutes at West Brom for a midfielder.

Ormus wrote: »

Am I right?

I don't think you're right.

I think most people would be shocked if Sturridge was to start. Bench for him as he's nursed back to match fitness.

Benteke will start and get at least 70-80 minutes. He may see out the game depending on how it unravels.

I think Benteke will be the main man at least until Sturridge maintains for at least 6-7 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone looking at Troy Deeney this week???

I'm tempted to transfer him in for Kone but Kompany to Zouma and some money in the bank is the main priority

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Benimar wrote: »
    Its a gamble, but I think Benteke will start. Sturridge will be wrapped in cotton wool, so I'd be surprised to see him start again. Origi will be lucky to make the squad regardless of last nights hat-trick and I think Firmino will only be used as the 'false 9'in tough away games - Newcastle doesn't fall into that category!

Benteke probably wont get 90 minutes, but I'd take 70 minutes at Newcastle from my forward over 90 minutes at West Brom for a midfielder.

That makes sense, ok Benteke starts. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

I have a lot of tinkering I want to do with this team. Obviously Sanchez is the priority but I'm not sure whether to go with Ozil or Coutinho. Both have inviting fixtures this weekend but with the loss of Sanchez, how effective will Arsenal be against Big Sam's well drilled Sunderland?

Myhill, Hennessey
    Darmian, Kolorov, Cedric, Souare, Nyom
    KdB, Sanchez, Mahrez, Lanzini, Wanyama
    Aguero, Vardy, Lukaku

Another option is to take a hit.

-8: Ozil, Coutinho & Alli < Sanchez, Mahrez & Lanzini
    -4: Ozil, Coutinho < Sanchez, Mahrez & Lanzini

Any opinions please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

John83 wrote: »
    I have a lot of tinkering I want to do with this team. Obviously Sanchez is the priority but I'm not sure whether to go with Ozil or Coutinho. Both have inviting fixtures this weekend but with the loss of Sanchez, how effective will Arsenal be against Big Sam's well drilled Sunderland?

Myhill, Hennessey
    Darmian, Kolorov, Cedric, Souare, Nyom
    KdB, Sanchez, Mahrez, Lanzini, Wanyama
    Aguero, Vardy, Lukaku

Another option is to take a hit.

-8: Ozil, Coutinho & Alli < Sanchez, Mahrez & Lanzini
    -4: Ozil, Coutinho < Sanchez, Mahrez & Lanzini

Any opinions please?

I think Ozil in for Sanchez is the smart move tonight as both are likely to change in price. He will be key to unlocking a deep sitting defence this week (In fact most weeks this is the case until they score) Wally, Ox and Ramsey will offset the loss of Sanchez and Caz somewhat.
    Wrt Coutinho Liverpool have a lot of options now up front and I don't think Klopp or anyone knows his best starting 11. With the slight injury doubt over Coutinho I'd hold off and take note of starters and subs for this GW (Can suspended) and Thursdays Europa game. With their favourable run of fixtures I think most of us have a close eye on them. (Firmino Is one I'd consider along side Coutinho)
    Maybe after the pressers tomorrow we'll know more. He's a strong captain option if a definite starter even with the risk of 60mins.
    You could consider him then but personally I'd wait another GW.
    The Alli extra transfer is OTT imo

Sanchez now red flagged so his third price drop may not happen 'till tomorrow.

Looks like my first edit re. Sanchez is wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Martial - sturridge
    Sanchez - ozil

Two free transfers done.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sanchez->Hazard done. Considering Costa->Sturridge for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

manual_man wrote: »
    Sanchez->Hazard done. Considering Costa->Sturridge for a -4

Sturridge/Benteke starting and minutes if they do is too risky for a hit imo.
    Who gets the captaincy if you follow through with the transfer?

ElTel wrote: »

captaincy is a major headache this week.

Coutinho Mane KDB Mahrez Hazard
    Lukaku Costa(or Sturridge?)

is my front 7. i'm genuinely considering all of them bar Mahrez

Coutinho or Lukaku from that lineup, for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

ElTel wrote: »

I agree. I wouldn't go near a Liverpool striker while three of them are in decent form. I'm currently thinking myself of getting in either Ighalo or Kane. I'm leaning towards Ighalo at the moment because I can then move Mane on to an expensive Man City midfielder. There's just no stopping Ighalo, with the guy in front in my league captaining him last week.

• Advertisement

may just avoid the hit and chance Costa for one more week. potential for points, even if he comes off the bench. then gw15 Costa->Kane makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

What's the likelihood of Aguero playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

yorlum11 wrote: »

We will find out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Worth doing Sanchez>Ozil and Wanyama>Barkley for a -4? Or hold onto the funds for Sanchez when he returns...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Sanchez could be out for a few weeks, that's a lot of dead money to be sitting on the bench. Given how his price keeps dropping you could end up buying him back for cheaper in 2-4 weeks.

I think a -4 is only worth it if you're reasonably confident the player can pay you back the 4 points. Barkley could do that but who would you be benching for him to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Aenaes wrote: »
    Sanchez could be out for a few weeks, that's a lot of dead money to be sitting on the bench. Given how his price keeps dropping you could end up buying him back for cheaper in 2-4 weeks.

I think a -4 is only worth it if you're reasonably confident the player can pay you back the 4 points. Barkley could do that but who would you be benching for him to play?
    Was thinking of maybe playing the AoA chip? Maybe I'll wait til I hear news on Aguero first before taking the -4 for Barkley.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

David Silva anyone??

yorlum11 wrote: »

I'm almost certain he will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Sanchez to hazard done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

flugel wrote: »
    David Silva anyone??

I might get him in next week.

I'm doing it so! Sanchez > Coutinho and Berahino > Ighalo for a (-4). That will leave me with five million in the bank, so I might do Mane to Silva/KdB next week.

Advertisement