Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FHFC wrote: »
    I don't actually think its that big a punt given his pedigree, recent form and stats and the opposition.

And apologies for the sarkiness but there slightly more layers to this game than 'he's not scored for a while so he won't score soon'

Hazard will come down from above and punish the doubters and we will enjoy the spoils of victory mwhahaha!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I don't actually think its that big a punt given his pedigree, recent form and stats and the opposition.

And apologies for the sarkiness but there slightly more layers to this game than 'he's not scored for a while so he won't score soon'

Agreed on the second point but getting Hazard now could very well be a case of a week or two too early, its a punt to me as you are interpreting his figures as he is in form but his returns suggest not.

PS I would have gambled as well if I had the transfers to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

In the cold light of day, bringing Sturridge in last night really does seem like madness. But oh well. There's no undo button in FPL! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Hazard has been Chelsea's best player the last 2-3 games despite not scoring and there's every chance he'll run riot this week. Sorta regretting getting Barkley for Sanchez over Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

In the cold light of day, bringing Sturridge in last night really does seem like madness. But oh well. There's no undo button in FPL! :pac:

There is a captaincy button though :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Whilst I generally agree with your 2nd point, there is a fine line between that and 'he hasn't scored in ages, he's due'.

It could go either way, but I'm happy to hold and wait. It also gives me flexibility to get Kane next week, which I don't have with spending 10.9m on Hazard.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    There is a captaincy button though :eek::eek::eek:

If I was sure he was gonna do anything more than a 10 minute cameo, I'd almost risk it. Almost. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

By the way people. Hazard scored against Arsenal in GW6 as far as FPL is concerned. So there. :D

Benimar wrote: »
    Whilst I generally agree with your 2nd point, there is a fine line between that and 'he hasn't scored in ages, he's due'.

It could go either way, but I'm happy to hold and wait. It also gives me flexibility to get Kane next week, which I don't have with spending 10.9m on Hazard.

Thing is there's actually dome statistical validity in this view depending on the players past level if performance and underlying stats. But don't get me started on Regression to the Mean! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Best of luck to the lads going with Hazard. Still haven't forgiven him for my two week Sanchez -> Hazard shout which cost me about 30 points.

It's true, he won't have a better game than today. But I still think Chelsea's attack is fundamentally broken and long term he isn't worth the cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Thanks to Chesty08, klopparama & ElTel.

I have 2 Bentekers and 1 use my Wanyama Souaré Simpson bench for "replacing" Aguero.

I was kinda set on Lukaku...

It's tough because I don't know for how long I'm gonna take this forward. Agüero sounds "essential" for GW18. So for the next 3 GWs, Everton & 'Pool fixtures look great (maybe a tad better for Everton). Klopp is making 'Pool a fantastic attacking option FPL-wise, but Benteke's FPL form is not that great... Ideally I'd get Lukaku & Coutinho next week for example. I feel Deulofeu Benteke is not as good... Am I trying too hard?

SantryRed wrote: »
    Best of luck to the lads going with Hazard. Still haven't forgiven him for my two week Sanchez -> Hazard shout which cost me about 30 points.

It's true, he won't have a better game than today. But I still think Chelsea's attack is fundamentally broken and long term he isn't worth the cash.

Granted it could be considered a punt but its very rare that you get the opportunity to have a player with Hazards record and upcoming fixtures as a differential. No matter what happens its a position I am more than happy to be in.

iroced wrote: »

I have 2 Bentekers and 1 use my Wanyama Souaré Simpson bench for "replacing" Aguero.

It's tough because I don't know for how long I'm gonna take this forward. Agüero sounds "essential" for GW18. So for the next 3 GWs, Everton & 'Pool fixtures look great (maybe a tad better for Everton). Klopp is making 'Pool a fantastic attacking option FPL-wise, but Benteke's FPL form is not that great... Ideally I'd get Lukaku & Coutinho next week for example. I feel Deulofeu Benteke is not as good... Am I trying too hard?

I think on form and fixtures you need lukaku for the near future (and recent past ;)). Although Palace have been good defensively away from home so waiting till next week wouldn't be the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I wouldn't go near benteke. He didn't start at chelsea city or Southampton the 3 Liverpool games people are getting excited about. I'd get lukaku he will start every game till the new year is in great Form and the fixtures are good. I'd worry about aguero when he becomes a problem that's a few weeks away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Ayew or Mane in for Cout for minus 4??!

Fant11 wrote: »
    Ayew or Mane in for Cout for minus 4??!

Definitely not!

I agree that Lukaku and Coutinho look a much better pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Last minute scurry to get in Moreno for Davies as I see Coutinho has now turned orange. I didn't know who from Aguero, Ighalo and Vardy to get rid of for Kane as I didn't want to miss Aguero's game against Swansea. Still have Coutinho starting in case he comes on to do make an impact. Him or McAuley anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Cheers lads. Aguero -> Lukaku done for -4. Aguero cost me 16 pts so far :eek: (12 in hits and 4 in actual pts)!

I also saw (though it should not influence me that much but well it's a game relative to the other players anyhow) that Lukaku is owned by 46.7% of managers while Benteke's by 14.2%. Not the same potential damage then...

Well, I either won't Sturridge to play a good hour or not play at all so Alli can sub in. Goddamit and hasty transfers. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Well, I either won't Sturridge to play a good hour or not play at all so Alli can sub in. Goddamit and hasty transfers. :pac:

+1 exact same situ

Advertisement