Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've made a couple of early transfers and now my team for next week is too good :(

Nyom Bellerin VvD Alder Moreno
    Ozil Kdb m'vila Mahrez Barkley
    Vardy Aguero Lukaku

Might bench boost lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Rikand wrote: »
    I've made a couple of early transfers and now my team for next week is too good :(

Vardy Aguero Lukaku

Might bench boost lol

I dunno if bench boost is worth it when the only selection headache is in defence :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Vardy Aguero Lukaku

Might bench boost lol

Toby and Nyom on the bench, easies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭podge018

Barkley in,
    Cabaye out.

I just know it's a transfer that will sicken me and will probably reverse in 2 weeks time.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I dunno if bench boost is worth it when the only selection headache is in defence :)

well seeing as we all play 3 at the back, defense is what you're going to be using your bench boost for :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is anyone looking at bringing in Robbie Brady? I'm guessing he's designated as a defender?

Might be a handy downgrade option for Kompany for me this week if so

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is anyone looking at bringing in Robbie Brady? I'm guessing he's designated as a defender?

Might be a handy downgrade option for Kompany for me this week if so

He's a midfielder. Would be a v popular pick if he was a defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

well seeing as we all play 3 at the back, defense is what you're going to be using your bench boost for :D

well I dunno I'll probably try plan to have 5 strong mids before using my bench boost :P

stephenl15 wrote: »
    well I dunno I'll probably try plan to have 5 strong mids before using my bench boost :P

I watched the Sunderland game. M'via was very good. On set pieces and corners and showed some nice attacking flair. He's got some big scores in him..... I can feel it in me waters.

Though, maybe not this week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

loadwire wrote: »
    He's a midfielder. Would be a v popular pick if he was a defender.

Cheers....back to bargain basement Watford and West Brom options so :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Heartened to see you considering Hazard. I think Ozil is more urgent if you don't have him though. Although i suspect you have your eye on Theo in near future.

As I have Ozil will probably get Hazard. Crunched his stats today on FFS (when I shoulda been working) and there is a very marked improvement in his attacking threat this last 3 games.

He's still a fixtures punt but 3 things are in his favour over the past 3 games or so.
    1 stats improvement as above.
    2. Performance and importantly effort is good, he hasn't put the head down and thinking of where he'll be playing next year which was my fear.
    3. Seems to be back is Josés good books while Costa is the problem child. The opposite appeared true a while back.

He has fixtures, pedigree and a hint of form with stats to back it up.

What's your thinking on when to get Agüero back? if you don't mind me shamelessly picking your brain despite competing with you in several pay leagues!! :)

Oh and what do you make of Coutinho?
    Coutinho I'm not sure on yet. I remain to be convinced Liverpool will score enough goals. If Sturridge could get fit I'd be highly likely to get Coutinho. Aguero I have my eye on for next week home to swansea as captain. I was going to hold off on him but with sanchez injured I need a captain option.
    The only football I saw the weekend was the arsenal game so not sure what I want to do for sanchez replacement. Arsenal have a lot of injuries and haven't been great the last couple of games so Im debating leaving Ozil. I'm thinking hazard or even Pedro but that would be a big risk. How did Pedro play and will he keep his place. I think there is more goals in Pedro than hazard. The other issue is like yourself whether to move away from a strong front 8. I'm half thinking of keeping it for the Xmas period now. I'd a full on weekend of boozing and little or no sleep so it will be Thursday before I make a decision as I can barely function in work nevermind the important stuff like considering FF. Oh ye and my mate theo is getting lined up for an Xmas Dec 28 captain punt at home to bournemouth once he doesn't start on Dec 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I have KDB and Ozil so my Sanchez replacement must come from elsewhere. Looking at the options:

Coutinho - could be a great buy if Liverpool get it going attacking wise. He is the 'main man' for creativity and has upped his goalscoring under Klopp. Probably the better long term option ahead of Barkley.

Barkley - on fire at the moment but hard to know how long it will continue. Worth a punt given Evertons fixtures, so will see how he gets on tonight.

Eriksen - ruling him out on personal preference. He's a player who never scores well any time I have him. He's my midfield BUIB

Hazard - Really don't get the attraction here. 10.9m for a player who is 'due'? I don't think he's even the best option among Chelsea midfielders!

Leaning towards Coutinho, but Barkley still a viable option. I'll see how both get on mid week. However, if Aguero was ruled out this weekend I might do a -4 of Sanchez and Westwood to Coutinho and Barkley!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Zouma or Moreno? Both have nice fixtures. Chelsea's seem more appealing given 3/4 home fixtures upcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Zouma or Moreno? Both have nice fixtures. Chelsea's seem more appealing given 3/4 home fixtures upcoming.

Tough one. Zouma has better fixtures but 'may' be rotated. Moreno is nailed on and has the potential for attacking returns.

Maybe Zouma if you have a good 4th defender to cover his rotation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I don't see the reasoning behind Zouma being rotated. He's played 90 mins of every game this season bar two. And the one he didn't play at all in, they lost 3-1 at home to Southampton! I think he's a lock until Christmas when then obviously he becomes a rotation risk, but that's just like every other player.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

SantryRed wrote: »
    I don't see the reasoning behind Zouma being rotated. He's played 90 mins of every game this season bar two. And the one he didn't play at all in, they lost 3-1 at home to Southampton! I think he's a lock until Christmas when then obviously he becomes a rotation risk, but that's just like every other player.

the concern is that Cahill and Terry did both play centre half in at least 2 of those game, but Zouma played DM on those occasions. Whether he'd be used there again is a question mark for me, while its not the case that he has been first choice at centre half for all those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

There's a good post on Xmas rotation over at FFS: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/12/01/scout-scribbles-aguero-plays-down-injury-fears/?hc_page=4#hc_comment_11985292

I'd certainly be going Toby over Zouma due to this unless your other four defenders could cover

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

There's a good post on Xmas rotation over at FFS: http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/12/01/scout-scribbles-aguero-plays-down-injury-fears/?hc_page=4#hc_comment_11985292

I'd certainly be going Toby over Zouma due to this unless your other four defenders could cover

Nasri wagon :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

David silva starting for man city tonight in the league cup. Anyone still with Sanchez and looking for a replacement could be worth a punt especially if you don't own KDB as well

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

thinking of dumping Mahrez for either Barkely or Deulofeu - thoughts?

Mahre form in last few games is poor in ff terms compared with the other 2. His returns have been great so far, so majority of the teams have been in the bottom half of the table - city, pool, everton and chelsea coming up in next 5 games.

• Advertisement

Aahh. My head hurts.

As confuzzled as I've been all season.

De Bruyne sensible, borderline essential?
    Hazard potentially glorious.
    Aguero on the longish finger and stress till he's safely back in the team and the armband.
    But Kane/Vardy/Lukaku undroppable.

Can anyone lend me about 2m?? Pay you back I swear!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Did Sanchez to Ozil on Sunday as soon as the injury news came in. Have a second FT, and considering bringing in Coutinho for my impulse transfer from a couple of weeks ago, Willian. Would leave me with a midfield of:

Ozil - KDB - Coutinho - Mahrez

Obviously going to wait until the rest of the League Cup games, but leaning strongly that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Just seen the goal and assist from Deulofeu tonight.

Woof woof!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,049 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Aahh. My head hurts.

Hazard potentially glorious.
    Aguero on the longish finger and stress till he's safely back in the team and the armband.
    But Kane/Vardy/Lukaku undroppable.

No way is De Bruyne borderline essential yet IMO, 2 assists in his previous 5 games before the weekend. Granted those 2 goals and assist tonight will give me the serious sweats before Stoke at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Aahh. My head hurts.

Is this not a bit OTT? the likes of Barkley, Deulofeu are on way better form, and scoring/assisting for fun over last number of games, KdB only a week ago folk were saying he's a waste of 10m+

CSF wrote: »
    No way is De Bruyne borderline essential yet IMO, 2 assists in his previous 5 games before the weekend. Granted those 2 goals and assist tonight will give me the serious sweats before Stoke at the weekend.

Just watched the highlights and he was shooting from everywhere. Looks sharp but against a very weak side. One of his goals was gifted by a shocking backpass and the other from the free kick was terrible goalkeeping from Jacupovoc imo.

His assist was a rebound off the post which was very fortunate to go straight to Bony 10 yards out.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    thinking of dumping Mahrez for either Barkely or Deulofeu - thoughts?.

I think the Everton run of good fixtures ends around the same time as Leicester's improve.
    A plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a Fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,049 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Just watched the highlights and he was shooting from everywhere. Looks sharp but against a very weak side. One of his goals was gifted by a shocking backpass and the other from the free kick was terrible goalkeeping from Jacupovoc imo.

His assist was a rebound off the post which was very fortunate to go straight to Bony 10 yards out.
    I've seen none of it, just wary of the dull run of form he had in Aguero's absence. We will see this weekend if he is going to punish those of us who haven't gone for him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

AFAIAA he is a player that thrives off confidence, so the two goals today will only be helpful for him in the future. He is gone overpriced at the moment, but the lack of players around his price tag that we don't already have means that he's the best option at that price. One could punt on Silva but he's too risky, and injuries have been scattering around way too much lately, another could be disastrous. Basically, I've no idea! Waiting on the Liverpool game to see if Coutinho plays and plays well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Thinking of getting rid of Smalling, very expensive at 6.8 million, could bring in either Van Dijk or Zouma, would leave me with 2.1/2.3 in the bank, although I'm also thinking of getting rid of Dann.

Advertisement