Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sanchez looks like dropping again tonight. Mass desertion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have 5.6m in the bank and don't want to splurge on Aguero just yet. So, I was thinking of upgrading Wanyama -> Coutinho and then playing all-out attack because I don't really think it's a chip that I can get much value from when I have Aguero in my team in a few weeks time.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Has anyone here got both Barkley and Lukaku? Thinking it's a bit too much but haven't ruled it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Has anyone here got both Barkley and Lukaku? Thinking it's a bit too much but haven't ruled it out.

I probably will by the weeks end

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I probably will by the weeks end

I may do also. Looking like keeping the strong front 8 for now with a revised plan to get Agüero back probably closer to GW18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

I do, I was a little reluctant to bring in Barkley last week but it worked out well. Both seem to be in very good form. Given Everton's good fixtures I don't think its a huge gamble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Think I'll bank it, I was hasty bringing in Aguero last week but I'll stick with him now for a while. Ighalo is a player that is killing me, I may get him in for Vardy in GW16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Just brought in Barkley for Sanchez.

I now have 2 Arsenal, 2 Leicester and 2 Everton players. Far too much reliance on 3 teams I think :( no balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Brought in Deulofeu instead of Barkley after they played Villa as I was more impressed with him. It may turn out to be mistake though considering Barkley's recent returns and higher ownership.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Chelsea's fixtures over the next 4 gw are nice. Perfect time to take a punt on Hazard if Sanchez is out for a few weeks as expected. Can afford one more price drop on Sanchez before pulling the trigger, hopefully we have an injury update before a 3rd drop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Have Barkley since the start and Lukaku since GW 8.

Worth every penny. Everton have a lovely run coming

Very tempted by Sanchez to Hazzard given Chelsea's next 4-5 games.

Surly theres wins there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'm looking at my defence and how to get a Spurs player in. I'm thinking of Alderweireld

This is my current defense:

de Gea McCarthy
    Bertrand Dawson Simpson Coleman Bellerín

Who would you swap out ? Simpson is a cheap enabler and Coleman has a couple of tasty fixtures coming up.

Cawson, Bertrand and Bellerin all have mixed fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Colking wrote: »
    I'm looking at my defence and how to get a Spurs player in. I'm thinking of Alderweireld

de Gea McCarthy

Who would you swap out ? Simpson is a cheap enabler and Coleman has a couple of tasty fixtures coming up.

Bellerin. I'm hoping to do that move after Sunderland H

de Gea McCarthy

Dawson for me. Maybe Bellerin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Arsenal are definitely looking more rocky at the back without Coquelin and Pulisball will rear its head again in the near future hopefully.

Long term should I be thinking of getting rid of Bertrand do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Sanchez out, Coutinho in. If Coutinho doesnt get game time this weekend, i have Eriksen on the bench.

Would consider getting Eriksen live into the game, but who do you drop from the below.

Barkley - Ozil - Coutinho - Mahrez

Ighalo - Vardy - Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Arsenal are definitely looking more rocky at the back without Coquelin and Pulisball will rear its head again in the near future hopefully.

Long term should I be thinking of getting rid of Bertrand do you think ?

Depends on your rotation. GW17-19 doesn't look great for Saints, but GW20-22 does. Bellerin being the most expensive would get my vote

Likewise. Had a good look at my defensive options this morning and need to get in shape for Xmas.

I think a Spurs defender is a great option given their Xmas fixtures, while Chelsea are a good option too but want to see what happens if/when Terry is fit. Courtois could be back pretty soon apparently and would be value at 5.2.

I think I'll go for Sunderland as cheapie option, they are turning into a Big Sam defence more with every week, they've 3 decent home games in the next 8 or 9 (WAT, AVL, BOU) and Coates seems to be back in favour at 4.2m.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3339312/Thibaut-Courtois-set-return-goal-Chelsea-against-Bournemouth-three-months-knee-injury.html

This may be my goalkeeper sorted!

Courtois/Rojo is 0.3m cheaper than DDG/Zouma with Zouma liable for rotation still IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

FHFC wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3339312/Thibaut-Courtois-set-return-goal-Chelsea-against-Bournemouth-three-months-knee-injury.html

This may be my goalkeeper sorted!

Courtois/Rojo is 0.3m cheaper than DDG/Zouma with Zouma liable for rotation still IMO.

Is Rojo nailed on?

• Advertisement

Rojo is just as liable for rotation as Zouma imo.

Both combinations offer good value but rotation headaches. I'm going to gamble on DDG and Zouma personally with coverage in case of rotation.

Sanchez being injured has given alot of budget relief with no pressure to get him in now. Spent more in defence than I'd normally like but with my mids and towards all doing OK I can release funds to the back line.

dahat wrote: »
    Rojo is just as liable for rotation as Zouma imo.

Both combinations offer good value but rotation headaches. I'm going to gamble on DDG and Zouma personally with coverage in case of rotation.

Sanchez being injured has given alot of budget relief with no pressure to get him in now. Spent more in defence than I'd normally like but with my mids and towards all doing OK I can release funds to the back line.

Yeah, doing a good bit of analysis of my defence today, and area I've probably neglected.

I'm struggling to fit United cover. De Gea I'd like but I'm tempted to keep the faith with Myhill who played well again at the weekend and has to have a fighting chance of keeping his place. No other route into United defence is reliable or affordable.

I'm thinking the same re budgets for defence being more flexible post Sanchez. I may keep VVD, Bellerin and Zouma with Moreno and Coates and downgrade one of the three expensive ones when needed.

How essential is DDG? I could get him now and then get Evans for Bellerin or VVD in a few weeks but its 2 more transfers.

Getting very tempted by the Hazard for Sanchez gamble too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ok, I'm stumped as to the best way forward after furthing thinking and am wondering what people think, my team is as follows:

Ruddy, McCarthy
    Bellerin, Dawson, Bertrand, Richards, Nyom
    Barkley, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Ozil, Sinclair
    Ighalo, Kane, Lukaku

I had two free transfers this week, and have already gone Sanchez -> Barkley.

I currently have 7.7m in the bank, which is exactly enough to go Ighalo -> Aguero. But to be honest, I actually prefer Ighalo's fixture this weekend (Norwich at home).

I'm very interested in bringing in Zouma, as Chelsea look like they are back to being defensively solid, and he seems a nailed on starter.

So, my options are the following:

Bellerin -> Zouma

or

Sinclair -> Wanyama
    Dawson -> Zouma

for a -4.

The transfer next week regardless will be Aguero in for Ighalo, so I'm starting to think I should probably leave myself a 0.1m-0.2m buffer incase Aguero rises again, even though there's questions over his injury.

Gonna mull it over until Friday I think.

Yeah, doing a good bit of analysis of my defence today, and area I've probably neglected.

I'm struggling to fit United cover. De Gea I'd like but I'm tempted to keep the faith with Myhill who played well again at the weekend and has to have a fighting chance of keeping his place. No other route into United defence is reliable or affordable.

I'm thinking the same re budgets for defence being more flexible post Sanchez. I may keep VVD, Bellerin and Zouma with Moreno and Coates and downgrade one of the three expensive ones when needed.

How essential is DDG? I could get him now and then get Evans for Bellerin or VVD in a few weeks but its 2 more transfers.

Getting very tempted by the Hazard for Sanchez gamble too...

DDG isnt essential at all really, i'm slightly blinded as im a Utd fan plus i dont like the Utd attacking options so i plumped for DDG.

I saw most of the Chelsea game yesterday and Hazard played well and possibly should have scored but for a good save from LLoris. one thing though he wont be playing that far advanced for too long.

He does however lookin gto be hitting some form, a real good differential gamble imo.

dahat wrote: »
    DDG isnt essential at all really, i'm slightly blinded as im a Utd fan plus i dont like the Utd attacking options so i plumped for DDG.

I saw most of the Chelsea game yesterday and Hazard played well and possibly should have scored but for a good save from LLoris. one thing though he wont be playing that far advanced for too long.

He does however lookin gto be hitting some form, a real good differential gamble imo.

Don't need or really want Hazard as false 9 every week. I'd prefer him in his usual place, or better still in the hole, with a decent functioning striker ahead.

There is a marked difference in his stats for the last 3 gameweeks vs the first 11 if anyone has the player comparison tool on FFS.

Don't need or really want Hazard as false 9 every week. I'd prefer him in his usual place, or better still in the hole, with a decent functioning striker ahead.

There is a marked difference in his stats for the last 3 gameweeks vs the first 11 if anyone has the player comparison tool on FFS.

I'd love to see him play at 10 full time, think he is made for it but unlikely to be so with José being José.

It's only a matter of time before Chelsea hit real good form and getting Zouma in is step 1 fprin preparation for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2 F.T for this week. Not sure what to do about sanchez . Ozil or hazard is what I'm thinking at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Was thinking of getting rid of Hazard - am I mad?

Wouldn't mind changing someone in midfield for Ozil

6vfpNdc.png

• Registered Users Posts: 12,046 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mata and sanchez out. Who to bring in, down to de bruyne, oil, coutinho, eriksson . Arsenal have 4 home games in the next 6 while the other 3 have 4 away games in the next 6 so ozil has to come in so one of either eriksson or coutinho or de bruyne then.

• Advertisement

Marje wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting rid of Hazard - am I mad?

Wouldn't mind changing someone in midfield for Ozil

Not mad at all. Ayew, Hoolahan, Depay also all have better alternatives imo

Advertisement