Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 15 Transfers.

Options

Comments

I've avoided Ozil til now so will continue to do so. Stubborn like that.

Looking at next six fixtures it's hard to nail down who to bring in. Arsenal play Villa, Bournemouth and Newcastle in 3 of their next 6 games so I'll take in Ramsey who was a player I wanted just before he got injured.

I think now is the time for a Chelsea defender. They are starting to get it together and their next 6 games look like 6 clean sheets. It'll be Ivanovic or Zouma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Sanchez out, Coutinho in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Torn between Ozil and Hazard to replace Sanchez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

At this stage, anyone without Ozil is nuts, especially looking at Arsenal's upcoming fixtures!

But sure what do I know, I still don't have Vardy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Torn between Ozil and Hazard to replace Sanchez

How exactly are you torn, one guy is in form the other guy isn't. :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    At this stage, anyone without Ozil is nuts, especially looking at Arsenal's upcoming fixtures!

But sure what do I know, I still don't have Vardy :pac:

I say stubborn and you say nuts. Expect Ramsey to score a few in his next 6 fixtures.

Arsenal team really suffering from injuries. An injury to Ozil would make their first 11 look very very ordinary.

Ozil is the form player and the logical replacement but something is telling me to take a chance on the Belgian. Good fixtures as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I will lose out on resale value with a Sanchez drop tonight. May just leave it though as I need more time to assess the situation.

Current midfield is:
    KDB - Ozil - Mahrez - Sanchez - Drinkwater

Under consideration for my Sanchez replacement are Coutinho, Hazard and Barkley.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ozil is the form player and the logical replacement but something is telling me to take a chance on the Belgian. Good fixtures as well.

10.9m is a lot to pay for a player with 1 goal, 3 assists and 2 BPs all season. His 'goal' was actually an og by an Arsenal player as it happens!

Chelsea have scored 3 goals in their last 5 league games, supposedly their best stretch of performances this season.

Hazard isn't on corners or free kicks and only might be on penalties.

I wouldn't touch him until he starts getting some FF returns.

EDIT: Chelsea have a must-not-lose CL game coming up which could lead to rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ugh, Sanchez is dropping tonight. Again.

Really don't like making transfers this early in the week. For some reason doubling up on Silva and KDB is appealing to me so could bring in Silva. On the other hand, Liverpool have great fixtures, so Coutinho is appealing. If I got Milner in, that would be enough banked to bring in Aguero.

Tough decision. Might suck up the Sanchez drop to give me a bit of time to think about it.

Edit: anyone know why Coutinho didn't play this weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Sanchez to Ozil. Tonight. Can't afford to wait this week. And Ozil seems guaranteed to get a £0.3m rise. At this point he's almost needed as a blocker.

He was injured in the Europa league game IIRC. Don't know for how long. Apparently not too serious.

Benimar wrote: »
    10.9m is a lot to pay for a player with 1 goal, 3 assists and 2 BPs all season. His 'goal' was actually an og by an Arsenal player as it happens!

Chelsea have scored 3 goals in their last 5 league games, supposedly their best stretch of performances this season.

Hazard isn't on corners or free kicks and only might be on penalties.

I wouldn't touch him until he starts getting some FF returns.

EDIT: Chelsea have a must-not-lose CL game coming up which could lead to rotation.

Played safe and went with googly eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Ugh, Sanchez is dropping tonight. Again.

Really don't like making transfers this early in the week. For some reason doubling up on Silva and KDB is appealing to me so could bring in Silva. On the other hand, Liverpool have great fixtures, so Coutinho is appealing. If I got Milner in, that would be enough banked to bring in Aguero.

Tough decision. Might suck up the Sanchez drop to give me a bit of time to think about it.

He went off with a bit of a hammy against City, trained later in the week and Klopp said he was 50/50 for today. Can see him back next week.

iroced wrote: »
    Sanchez to Ozil. Tonight. Can't afford to wait this week. And Ozil seems guaranteed to get a £0.3m rise. At this point he's almost needed as a blocker.

He was injured in the Europa league game IIRC. Don't know for how long. Apparently not too serious.

Did he play the Europa league match? he went off against city the week before with some sort of hamstring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He went off with a bit of a hammy against City, trained later in the week and Klopp said he was 50/50 for today. Can see him back next week.

Klopp has said he'll be available for the C1 Cup game on Wed.

And because of those C1 games I'm considering taking the 0.1 drop on Sanchez and waiting to decide my replacement. Bringing in KdB who has a game on Tuesday would be risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Did he play the Europa league match? he went off against city the week before with some sort of hamstring injury.
    Yeah you're right. That was against City! Missed 2 games for an apparently not serious injury. But then maybe he'll be back on fire and Klopp will look a lot more clever than Pellegrini & Wenger who sound like enjoying seeing Aguero & Sanchez having injury relapses over and over again :rolleyes:...

FHFC wrote: »
    Klopp has said he'll be available for the C1 Cup game on Wed.

And because of those C1 games I'm considering taking the 0.1 drop on Sanchez and waiting to decide my replacement. Bringing in KdB who has a game on Tuesday would be risky.

Klopp also made a comment after the city game about his injury not being serious, yet he's missed 2 games. why would they risk him in the C1 cup, if he donut's play, that

a) increase rest time makes his available for next GW.
    b) means injury worse than expected, may be out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Klopp: “Philippe had a very intensive session yesterday but we decided two or three days ago that we didn’t want to risk [him] for this game. Now I think he’s fit. I saw him in the dressing room and he looks good. I’ll have to talk with him tomorrow – I think he’s ready for Southampton.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/199170-boss-coutinho-should-be-ready-for-southampton

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

What do people think of KDB for sanchez. Though I see everton have a relatively easy 5 matches and thinking Barkley

Yep. Leaving Sanchez till later in the week. Some key league cup games to see how things are for Coutinho, Aguero among others, while most of my potential aquisitions have a game so injury risks everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Sanchez to kdb done. Kills me to get a player back in the week after I sold him, but I need to swallow my pride and bite the bullet. Was considering silva but kdb is safer atm and I'm not in a position to take risks as it is. But I'm happy with a midfield of KDB- Ozil- Barkley- Mahrez for the time being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

What do people think of KDB for sanchez. Though I see everton have a relatively easy 5 matches and thinking Barkley

What's the rest of your midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Have 2 FT's.just used one on Sanchez to Alli to avoid the drop. I was planning on making Alli my 5th midfielder anyway, now I have to replace Scott Sinclair later in the week when I assess some players, Barkley and Coutinho looking likely candidates. Have 8.4m to add to the squad somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Have 2 FT's.just used one on Sanchez to Alli to avoid the drop. I was planning on making Alli my 5th midfielder anyway, now I have to replace Scott Sinclair later in the week when I assess some players, Barkley and Coutinho looking likely candidates. Have 8.4m to add to the squad somewhere.

I too have Sanchez and Sinclair who I'll be getting rid of for Alli and a.n.other

My other midfielders are KDB, Mahrez, Kouyate (god knows why) and Barkley.

I can see myself playing Alli a lot and leaving Kouyte as my 5th MF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Sanchez to Ozil looks the obvious move but may do Couthino instead looking at Liverpools fixtures. Leaves me more than enough to do Vardy to Aguero next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

What's the latest on Kun & Sanchez.

Will hold off until Friday as usual & after league cup games.

Plan was to offload Kolorov or Williams/Cediric for Alderweireld.

But with Sanchez injury may just bench him and keep 2 FT to bring in Kun for GW 16

Team @ the moment is

Myhill (Schmeichel)
    Kolarov Dann Cédric (Francis, Williams)
    De Bruyne Barkley Özil Mahrez (Alexis)
    Ighalo Vardy Lukaku

Tempted by a 3-4-3 this GW.

Taughts?

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    What's the latest on Kun & Sanchez.

Will hold off until Friday as usual & after league cup games.

Plan was to offload Kolorov or Williams/Cediric for Alderweireld.

But with Sanchez injury may just bench him and keep 2 FT to bring in Kun for GW 16

Team @ the moment is

Myhill (Schmeichel)
    Kolarov Dann Cédric (Francis, Williams)
    De Bruyne Barkley Özil Mahrez (Alexis)
    Ighalo Vardy Lukaku

Tempted by a 3-4-3 this GW.

Taughts?

Agüero a doubt for Stoke according to the Guardian. See injuries thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Francis to Dier, Moreno or Alderweireld? Is Alder worth the extra? I'm thinking he is, Dier has only received bonus points in one game all season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

0.7M in the bank.....tempted to get rid of either Kompany or Bellerin for either Dann or Nyom.

Have too much money tied up in Kompany for him to be sitting up the bench injured and Bellerin has been a poor performer for me all along

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ozil in for Sanchez done, but considering a mini clean-up and taking -8 for Zouma+Kane in, Davies+Aguero out. Will mull over it for the week.

Advertisement