Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

ElTel wrote: »
    @FHFC
    Banking looks the smart play.
    Mane is probably gonna drop in value tonight but I'm holding him.
    If you go down the transfer route this week I'd consider holding Sterling and shift Mane. Sterling out of favour atm it seems but I feel City are bably missing his pace. This way you have City attack cover if you delay Aguero move and the .1m save on Mane offsets the more expensive Aguero price perhaps. Risky but another option maybe.

Mane drop doesn't hit my resale fortunately. Always planned to move him for Couts or Deulofeu but City's defensive injuries and Villa next week prompting me to hold. He's a player who always seems to score just after i sell him too.

But banking is looking wiser atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

km79 wrote:
    rojo and linguard are out tomorrow good news for mata

Rojo ? Injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

thewools wrote: »
    Rojo ? Injured?

yes
    hasn't travelled at all apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

km79 wrote:
    yes hasn't travelled at all apparently

Source?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

thewools wrote: »
    Source?

David McDonnell a reporter for the daily mirror tweeted it just after 1030pm which is when the embargoed stories come out
    he is reliable for united stuff
    Manchester evening news also running with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Who would you start, McAuley (WH A)or Bertie (MC A)? Bertie might get the assist but there's two hopes for them keeping a clean sheet! McAuley seems like the better option to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Trying to make a decision on which transfer to go with. Have 2fts, and 2.4m in the bank. Team is:

Stekelenberg - Elliot
    Sagna - Bellerin - Moreno - O'Shea - Simpson
    KDB - Sanchez - Bolasie - Mane - Barkley
    Kane - Ighalo - Vardy

Happy enough to sit on my forward line for this week, obviously am thinking of Aguero and/or Lukaku in the coming week.

For this week I'm considering:
    a. Sagna to Wollschied. Not confident about City's defence going forward, and need to bank some money for the Aguero fund.

or

b. Mane to Ozil. Seems obvious on paper, given Ozil's form, and Arsenal fixtures. But sort of have a feeling that Mane could do something this week (I know, shouldn't base decisions on feelings!), and then Southampton play Villa the week after.

Any other transfers I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@OneColdHand.

Wollscheid was doubtful wasn't he?

Ozil's on fire alright. But if you go down that road, how difficult does it become to afford Aguero?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

iroced wrote: »
    @OneColdHand.

Wollscheid was doubtful wasn't he?

Ozil's on fire alright. But if you go down that road, how difficult does it become to afford Aguero?

Well I've now transferred in Ozil for Mane.

You're right, it does make the Aguero more a little harder. It means one of KDB or Sanchez have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Ward in for Sakho done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Going to hold on Mané and Pelle. Not happy about the ridiculous amount of value I've lost but I'm happy to play my 5 in midfield and have 2 transfers the week after.

How much does Simpson really deserve his extra £0.1m compared to Ryan Bennett? I had a quick look up to GW 25-30 and potentially I'd need them fot Palace tougj fixtures and both Leicester & Norwich offer decent games (based on current form).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

How much does Simpson really deserve his extra £0.1m compared to Ryan Bennett? I had a quick look up to GW 25-30 and potentially I'd need them fot Palace tougj fixtures and both Leicester & Norwich offer decent games (based on current form).

Will Bennett keep his spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Simpson's gametime seems safer than Bennett's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Only 1 transfer this week. Pelle > Aguero. Think this is gonna be a very decisive week...top of my private leagues but only narrowly. (C) Lukaku do some damage!

Right. Thanks lads.

Planned -8 done. Pellè + Payet + Smalling --> Agüero + Deulofeu + Simpson.

Hopefully
    1. Leicester do score vs United (and Smalling doesn't) such that my Smalling move doesn't backfire. Plan is to get DDG in the next couples of GWs.
    2. I'm ahead of the curve on Agüero.
    3. Deulofeu punts works out and more importantly is not too much overshadowed by Lukaku's perfs...
    And I'd also need KDB to remember he can score and Ozil take a rest for this week.

I'm asking for a lot but I kinda need it to halt my highway to hell...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Brought in Dann for Kompany and Barkley for Tadic. Partly based these transfers on coming game weeks so I'm hoping i'll be able to avoid any transfers next week.

Apologies for double post, Silva will be playing at the weekend, possibilty of De Bruyne or Sterling been rested. Would have actually brought him in for De Bruyne but thought he was still out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CazSpeak

Trying to make a decision on which transfer to go with. Have 2fts, and 2.4m in the bank. Team is:

Stekelenberg - Elliot
    Sagna - Bellerin - Moreno - O'Shea - Simpson
    KDB - Sanchez - Bolasie - Mane - Barkley
    Kane - Ighalo - Vardy

Happy enough to sit on my forward line for this week, obviously am thinking of Aguero and/or Lukaku in the coming week.

For this week I'm considering:
    a. Sagna to Wollschied. Not confident about City's defence going forward, and need to bank some money for the Aguero fund.

or

b. Mane to Ozil. Seems obvious on paper, given Ozil's form, and Arsenal fixtures. But sort of have a feeling that Mane could do something this week (I know, shouldn't base decisions on feelings!), and then Southampton play Villa the week after.

Any other transfers I'm missing?

Agree about city's defence at least until kompany there, how about Alderweireld as spurs fixtures not too bad after this week, and maybe this week depending on which chelsea turn up. I have the same forward line was debating about Lukaku but hard to drop anyone of those just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Ah! Silva. Hopefully he comes back with a bang so I can offload KdB.

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Apologies for double post, Silva will be playing at the weekend, possibilty of De Bruyne or Sterling been rested. Would have actually brought him in for De Bruyne but thought he was still out.
    Guardian have
    Caballero
    Sagna Demichelis Otamendi Kolarov
    Fernandinho Yaya Touré
    De Bruyne Silva Sterling
    Agüero

I think, attacking-wise, it is potentially their strongest formation. Silva as the playmaker. KDB & Sterling exploiting their wing. Agüero upfront linking up with Silva and collecting passes/crosses from KDB/Sterling. Fernandinho in the "number 6" position allowing Yaya to bomb forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I did:

KdB -> Brady
    Pelle -> Aguero

Plan is Jarvis -> Alli in the next week or 2 and then utilise Brady's decent fixtures over the Christmas period as a useful 5th mid. It actually seems make reasonable sense to me which will make it worse when it crashes and burns infront of me eyes :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Silva as the playmaker. KDB & Sterling exploiting their wing. Agüero upfront linking up with Silva and collecting passes/crosses from KDB/Sterling.
    Tip of the cap for going to the effort of figuring out how to do the two dots over the u in Aguero!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Defence is Bellerin Rojo Sagna (Naughton Hangelaand)

Already on a -4 to get Kun in.
    Worth going -8 to get defensive cover?
    Rojo is a troll and a huge doubt.

Who to get in?
    No spare cash in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

lougal88 wrote: »
    Defence is Bellerin Rojo Sagna (Naughton Hangelaand)

Already on a -4 to get Kun in.
    Worth going -8 to get defensive cover?
    Rojo is a troll and a huge doubt.

Who to get in?
    No spare cash in the bank.

Any thoughts?

Rojo supposedly isn't playing, McNear is starting instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I can exactly afford this as it stands:

Pelle -> Aguero
    KdB -> Bolasie

I've got my problem children in Jarvis and Davies and I can't possibly pull the trigger on the above until both have played their games

:o

If only I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

If only I did.

Oh no. Did you go with Brady instead of Bolasie for KDB?

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Tip of the cap for going to the effort of figuring out how to do the two dots over the u in Aguero!

I have to say I don't deserve any special credit :o. French keyboard makes it easy :). For your own sake, Alt+0252 does it for you qwerty people :p;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

iroced wrote:
    I have to say I don't deserve any special credit . French keyboard makes it easy . For your own sake, Alt+0252 does it for you qwerty people .

Alt + 0252

*insert meme here*

Ain't nobody got time for that

Advertisement