Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jimmii wrote: »
    I tried to find a way too but just couldn't find a way for it to make sense so will be going with that same front three. Now just have to figure who to sell to be able to upgrade Vardy to Kane! Part of me wants to let Mane go but I am very fond of him for some reason and loathed to let him go!

Ya I'm holding mane for the time been an Simpson is getting the nod over Bennett

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Ya I'm holding mane for the time been an Simpson is getting the nod over Bennett

I have Simpson you would almost want someone worse to be honest! It was painful seeing his points on the bench while Bellerings 0 was stinking up the starting 11!

Colking wrote: »
    I don't know Jimmii, I know you're attached but it just might be time to let go ........ ;)

BUT I LOVE HIM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Anyone thinking of benching Mahrez at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,206 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FHFC wrote: »

fúck no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I am.

Midfield is Ozil, Sanchez, Coutinho, Barkley.
    Forwards Kane, Lukaku, Vardy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:

I learned my lesson never to ever bench Mahrez in gw 11

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Not when I have sold Vardy.. He starts every game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Do we think it's worth the risk bringing couthino in considering injury?

Who are ppl looking at for cheap 5th mid midfielder, Aguero facilitator? Lingard? Alli bit expensive at 5.0m

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

My front line is Aguero, Vardy, Ighalo.

None are a great captain choice this week and am worried that Lukaku will kill me again as he leads the captain poll. However, it would take a -8 to get him in for Vardy. (A -4 next week)

I stick, don't I?

• Advertisement

Fant11 wrote: »
    Do we think it's worth the risk bringing couthino in considering injury?

Who are ppl looking at for cheap 5th mid midfielder, Aguero facilitator? Lingard? Alli bit expensive at 5.0m

Cheapest safe option is probably Wanyama at 4.3

People seem to be using Stanislaus at 4.2 but he looks far from nailed on to me unless somebody knows more about Bournemouth midfield.

If I have the 0.1 to spare I really like Dan Gosling at 4.4 who has been getting forward a lot lately.

spock. wrote: »
    I learned my lesson never to ever bench Mahrez in gw 11

Its not gonna be a high scoring game and Uniteds midfield and defence are very solid.

Both Vardez seems overkill for this game and with Vardy on pens, I'm fancying Mane to cause bother to City with his pace combining with Long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Ace2007 wrote: »
    How much wriggle room have you got, if Aguero goes to 13.3+ would you be able to get him?

Yeah, if I take a hit and downgrade one of Sanchez, Ozil or KDB then getting Aguero in isn't a problem at a later date.

Aguero's run earlier in the season has made me wary to take a hit for him so soon to be honest and Kane's form is pretty appealing.

8-10 wrote:
    Pick a better replacement than Firmino

He's looked pretty good in his past few games though. I guess rotation might be a worry with pool's options up front but I like what I've seen of him. Other options would be Barkley/Deulofeu eh.... Ayew.... Lanzini? not too many in the sub 8 bracket.

I think I'll go for Kane and just take the inevitable disappointment when he blanks and Aguero scores a hat-trick. I'm getting used to that feeling this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Took a -8 this week

Vardy kdb and sagna out
    Lukaku, Ozil and Galloway in

Not sure about Galloways game time but if he starts against bourmouth - fancy CS. Have 0.5m in bank

Butland, Hennessy
    Galloway, nyom, cook, hangeland Taylor
    Sanchez, ozil, coutinho, mahrez, stanislas
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero

Defence is a bit of a mess but will go with it for time being till I use the WC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Already done BUIB->Kane.
    Have Lukaku, Vardy + Kane up top with Mata, Ozil, Cabaye, KDB and Hoolahan in midfield already

What do people think of KDB + Vardy -> Aguero + Alli(or similar price)??

Already done BUIB->Kane.
    Have Lukaku, Vardy + Kane up top with Mata, Ozil, Cabaye, KDB and Hoolahan in midfield already

What do people think of KDB + Vardy -> Aguero + Alli(or similar price)??

KDB & Vardy would be a big fav to outscore Aguero & Alli this week! I would hold off until the Swansea home game if you feel you must bring him in. A -8 to bring him in this week just seems too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Its not gonna be a high scoring game and Uniteds midfield and defence are very solid.

Both Vardez seems overkill for this game and with Vardy on pens, I'm fancying Mane to cause bother to City with his pace combining with Long.

Yea I was thinking the same, I'm gonna play Mane ahead of Mahrez this week. United are very solid and City were woeful last week. I'm giving Mane 2 more chances as he also has Villa at home next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Fant11 wrote: »

Kind of depends how much you want to spend, I've gotten King for Bournmouth who's 4.6m and is starting up front the last few matches.

irish son wrote: »
    Kind of depends how much you want to spend, I've gotten King for Bournmouth who's 4.6m and is starting up front the last few matches.

Gosling at 4.4 actually has better attacking stats since they switched to that formation though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Gosling at 4.4 actually has better attacking stats since they switched to that formation though.

To late now I've done the transfer :D

I presume King will get more chances though if he continues to be played up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭johnytwentyten

Just wondering why no-one is considering giroud?
    He's gotten 15 points in the last 3 games, and his next 3 are Norwich, Sunderland and villa,
    Will he lose his place to walcott? (due back next week)

He's gotten 15 points in the last 3 games, and his next 3 are Norwich, Sunderland and villa,

Mainly because of the wealth of options up front and the strong form of Ozil and Sanchez. Many have both of those 2 and struggling to accomodate 3 from Lukaku, Kane, Aguero, Vardy, Ighalo who have good form and fixtures too.

I would be looking at bringing him in this week but I already have 3 Arsenal and would imagine a few are in the same boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

For the previous two years I put him on my team and was burned. Not a good reason considering his current form, but I just can't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

irish son wrote: »

I went for Ben Watson at 4.3m.

For some reason I have it in my head that he has goals in him from his time at Wigan. It's probably completely wrong, but he's a regular starter and I hope to God not to have to ever use him. At 4.3m he enables me to have Aguero and Sanchez though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

mectavba wrote: »
    I went for Ben Watson at 4.3m.

For some reason I have it in my head that he has goals in him from his time at Wigan. It's probably completely wrong, but he's a regular starter and I hope to God not to have to ever use him. At 4.3m he enables me to have Aguero and Sanchez though.
    Surman
    2 points EVERY week
    Not 3
    Not 1
    Guaranteed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    My front line is Aguero, Vardy, Ighalo.

None are a great captain choice this week and am worried that Lukaku will kill me again as he leads the captain poll. However, it would take a -8 to get him in for Vardy. (A -4 next week)

I stick, don't I?

Anyone kind enough to express a view? logic says stick, fear says take the hit.

Not sure which one I have more of the way the season is going!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Stick.

Vardy going for the record and Leicester will be throwing every single ball on top of him to get him over the line

Stick to worth a hit. He's probably only worth around 1 point more than Vardy this week imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No chance I'd take a -8 you have 3 good strikers this week.

Advertisement