Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Any Black Friday prices on players? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Anyone noticing a trend this season that the fantasy managers in their leagues who are sticking to the tried and tested "get the most expensive players in at all costs" technique are lagging well behind this year.

I missed the Aguero points killing day but I reckon having to chop and change him so regularly due to injury has actually cost most who had him points overall, except the very cutest. Ditto Alexis, I'm a massive Arsenal fan but while he's always a joy to watch, his points have come in random bursts and lulls all season...

At least for now I wouldn't be in a rush to stump for either.

This week I have to get Payet off my squad (had a more pressing matter last week) but considering taking a 4 point hit for Payet/KDB -> Coutinho/Willian. I fancy Chelsea to upset the current form and make Poch pay for bringing his whole team halfway round the world for an EL game.

The alternative is to just get one or the other and chance bringing in a budget option for KDB in a couple weeks if I then fancy a big money buy like Kun/Alexis.

Decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Any Black Friday prices on players? :D

The way my team is doing this year I need a few buy 1 get 1 free deals on players!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have a front line of Kone - Pelle - Vardy and 5.3M in the bank.....

Pelle -> Aguero is the obvious move but it almost seems too obvious and I'm not convinced that he's firing on all cyclinders....am I overthinking things or just trying too hard be some sort of differential hipster :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,354 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Is Danny Simpson going to continue to retain his place in the Leicester team or is there anyone threatening him ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

Really hope this is the weekend where the fpl managers who have held onto their premium players are rewarded. Sanchez , KDB and Aguero are all over due a big score. The top three in my pay league are casuals who have haven't had any of those 3 in their team at any stage this season, shocking to think that I spend hours contemplating transfers etc and these guys still seem to outpox me! Hoping for a couple kun specials for next few weeks anyway :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Gary Gurny wrote: »
    Really hope this is the weekend where the fpl managers who have held onto their premium players are rewarded. Sanchez , KDB and Aguero are all over due a big score. The top three in my pay league are casuals who have haven't had any of those 3 in their team at any stage this season, shocking to think that I spend hours contemplating transfers etc and these guys still seem to outpox me! Hoping for a couple kun specials for next few weeks anyway :-)

Ideally you'd like Aguero to start banging them in over the next 2 gameweeks, so the casuals start scrambling to get him into their team while you then concentrate on the fine-tuning of your team for the busy Christmas period.

Fingers-crossed Kun delivers the goods against Southampton this weekend as I brought him last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think this links directly into my post. You say they're casuals but tbh there's nothing more lazy than sticking to the oldest technique in the book and hoping it will come good eventually.

Those doing well this year have got the points by spreading them all over the team and finding the gems: Butland, Payet, Ighalo, Vardy & Mahrez. Picking Ozil over Sanchez early on for consistency over the occasional blitz. Those at the very top have brought in the big guns at the right time and quickly ditched them and brought back in the above.

It's a great season tbh and I think tons of rotation at the right time and winning gambles will be the key to a good finish, sitting on the old big money reliables might not cut the mustard anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Gary Gurny

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I think this links directly into my post. You say they're casuals but tbh there's nothing more lazy than sticking to the oldest technique in the book and hoping it will come good eventually.

Those doing well this year have got the points by spreading them all over the team and finding the gems: Butland, Payet, Ighalo, Vardy & Mahrez. Picking Ozil over Sanchez early on for consistency over the occasional blitz. Those at the very top have brought in the big guns at the right time and quickly ditched them and brought back in the above.

It's a great season tbh and I think tons of rotation at the right time and winning gambles will be the key to a good finish, sitting on the old big money reliables might not cut the mustard anymore.

I agree with your post completely , this season is crazy compared to last! Admittedly this is only my 2nd season taking it seriously, I found this thread last year and got hooked! Managed to finish 38k worldwide last year which I was happy with, but most of my points last year was got due to captaining Aguero every week..having Chelsea and soton def coverage and hazard and Sanchez in midfield..easy right?!

This year..where to start!? Man Utd are prob the def coverage u want..not sure who else Midfield has been a minefield..I have been too loyal to Sanchez this year and will give him 3 more weeks before I review him..so many good cheap options in midfield this year makes it tough too. And up front the constant changing form of the strikers makes it impossible to predict . I mean can you really rely on Lukaku for a period of 6/7 weeks?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Sanchez a doubt?..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Sanchez a doubt?..

He's going to be a slight doubt for a while. He has to get a weekend off at some point but Wenger did say ”it might not be the best moment to rest Alexis” so we should be ok this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Have a front line of Kone - Pelle - Vardy and 5.3M in the bank.....

Pelle -> Aguero is the obvious move but it almost seems too obvious and I'm not convinced that he's firing on all cyclinders....am I overthinking things or just trying too hard be some sort of differential hipster :cool:

Jump on the Kane train.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

mectavba wrote: »
    I went for Ben Watson at 4.3m.

For some reason I have it in my head that he has goals in him from his time at Wigan. It's probably completely wrong, but he's a regular starter and I hope to God not to have to ever use him. At 4.3m he enables me to have Aguero and Sanchez though.

Sorry to break it to you, but there's a high chance Behrami will be back in the team by next week. He's currently out injured and Watson's performances have started to wane.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

No transfers this week. Away for the weekend team picked
    Ddg
    Moreno bellerin kolorav
    Mane mahrez sanchez kdb
    Vardy kane lukaku
    Sanchez captain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Sanchez , KDB and Aguero are all over due a big score.

How is Aguero over due a big score? He's only back from injury so give the lad a chance. I wouldnt be expecting big returns from him straight away as he usually takes a couple of games to get going again after an injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Pelle out Lukaku in.

Should have done it earlier in the week but wanted to get the Champions League over with first.

Think I'll go Sanchez captain.

Start Souare (NEW) or Bertrand (mci)?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Pelle out Lukaku in.

Should have done it earlier in the week but wanted to get the Champions League over with first.

Surely Souare.

Pelle out Lukaku in.

Souare for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Going with AOA this week. Bit of a gamble

Gomes
    Bellerin Alder/Evans
    MAhrez Delefeu Ozil KDB Cabaye
    Vardy Kane Igahlo

Unsure of captain. Either KDB Vardy or Kane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

DeGea
    Rojo bellerin nyom
    DeBryne Sanchez Mahrez Mane
    Kane Lukaku Ighalo

• Advertisement

Gomes
    Bellerin Alder/Evans
    Vardy Kane Igahlo

Do you mean Ozil not Vardy? I would go with Ozil or KDB from them. Ozil for consistency or KDB for the chance of something special! I'd imagine their both around the same points expectancy wide but go about it very differently!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Gomes
    Bellerin Alder/Evans
    Vardy Kane Igahlo

I'm thinking of it too. I'd be benching Sagna, and playing Ighalo.

I know Southampton are missing Pelle, but City are missing Kompany and Hart. Sagna, by all accounts was poor vs Liverpool.

Bit of a risk, but not sure how long I'll have a strong front 8 for. Bolasie and Ighalo both have good fixtures this week, so makes sense to use it, I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Midfielder for 6.0 or less. Discuss.

Added context selling KdB to fund Pelle-> Aguero. I'm open to both sensible and fanciful options. Please help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Midfielder for 6.0 or less. Discuss.

Added context selling KdB to fund Pelle-> Aguero. I'm open to both sensible and fanciful options. Please help :)

Sensible. Alli. Lanzini.

Punts. Walters. Moses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

FHFC wrote: »
    Sensible. Alli. Lanzini.

Punts. Walters. Moses.

I would include Arnie in the punt category, he seems to be at the heart of all Stoke attacks (on MOTD:o) and I believe he would suit Mr P. Fixtures are not fantastic but he's done well against big teams in the past I recall, he's always been capable of being a very good FPL performer.

It's a punt though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

FHFC wrote: »
    Sensible. Alli. Lanzini.

Punts. Walters. Moses.

If Alli wasn't suspended it'd be him.

Walters was my first thought but that's an Irish hat rather than a Stoke one, probably.

I thought of Brady but that's a Norwich hat :D

Lanzini possibly sensible option.

I want more pizzazz though. I might get Alli for Jarvis next week and get rotating 4th/5th mids heading into December.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Right. I cant decide between 2 courses of action.

Currently front 8 is
    Sterling, Sanchez, Mahrez, Ozil, Mané
    Kane, Vardy, Lukaku

I'll be downgrading Sterling to a cheapie to fund Aguero v soon. I was tempted by the Coutinho wagon but now injury risks ruke that out. Thing is Couts wasn't exciting me overly, he was sensible. Deulofeu really caught my eye last week and his cheapness opens up other options such as Alli for 5th mid coming into Christmas.

Option 1
    Bank transfer. See how Deulofeu does this week and if Coutinho plays. Bench Sterling. Can get Aguero for -4 next week.

Option 2
    Sterling to Deulofeu as he's my fancy for this weekend. Thing is it would probably mean benching Mahrez. Him or Mane but most likely Mahrez. Can get Aguero for -4 next week by downgrading Mane, but holding Mane another week to play Villa may tempt me to hold off if Agueros price is not getting out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Id bank. You are well set for this week so save the FT.

I'm not a fan of making a sub a week in advance. Imagine selling Sterling and Sanchez/Ozil pick up an injury for example. You would essentially be forced into an extra transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

@FHFC
    Banking looks the smart play.
    Mane is probably gonna drop in value tonight but I'm holding him.
    If you go down the transfer route this week I'd consider holding Sterling and shift Mane. Sterling out of favour atm it seems but I feel City are bably missing his pace. This way you have City attack cover if you delay Aguero move and the .1m save on Mane offsets the more expensive Aguero price perhaps. Risky but another option maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

rojo and linguard are out tomorrow
    good news for mata

Advertisement