Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

It'd be hilarious if Aguero injures himself between now and game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Gentlemen didn't get to see the match so would appreciate your input.

Coutinho or Firmino ? Is Firmino Klopps new Gotze ?

I am also thinking of Vardy to Aguero to leave me with Kane Lukaku Aguero. I have to say thought that I am very torn, Vardy (I know he has a very tough run coming up) has been incredibly consistent.

Do I need to be talked down from the ledge or am I Birdman ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

I support Liverpool and love Countinho but I wouldn´t even think about getting him in. He´s way too inconsistent in the long run (points wise I mean)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Kun won't play in the Champions League. City are already through, and I think Pellegrini might just be sensible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

I personally wouldn't get any Liverpool attacker until we see what team they pick when Benteke and Sturridge are fit, there could be a lot of rotation for a while until Klopp has a good look at his options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call 2 goals and 4 assists strong out of 9 games either, and the reason why you picked 9 games was cause he hasn't done much in the last 4 games?

Before today Barkley wouldn't have been consider a strong option - will he continue that form or was it just a fluke day - time will tell.

Last 9 games -

Sanches has 6 goals
    Wijnaldum has 5 goals and 2 assists
    KDB has 3 goals and 4 assists

I wouldn't say any of the above are on form - though over the same 9 game sample above, they have scored better.

Over the 9 games Eriksen has only gotten 3 bps. where as Ayew has 7,

In fact Deulofeu has 1 goal and 6 assists - way better form, and before today's games had more points in last 9 games than Eriksen or Barkley.

And at 8.4m i don't see the value in Eriksen at all. Ayew for Swansea offers better value imo.

I think you are seeing Eriksen and looking at past seasons and saying he's a strong candidate, Would you consider Hazard strong atm?

Eriksen has only played 9 games, he was out for 3 games early in the season. So his stats aren't that bad.

Saying that in similar price bracket or cheaper, I'd probably go for Coutinho, Delefeuo or Barkley over him atm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So. Here's my team.

Myhill Hennessey
    Bellerin Smalling Kolarov Bertie Souaré
    Sanchez KDB Mahrez Wanyama Payet
    Vardy Kane Pellé

only £1.3m in the bank.

I can do
    Smalling-Payet-KDB-Pellè -> Ryan Bennett-Ozil-Coutinho-Aguero
    with a £0.2m flexibility and for a 12 pts hit.

Is it knee-jerking?

iroced wrote: »
    So. Here's my team.

Myhill Hennessey
    Bellerin Smalling Kolarov Bertie Souaré
    Vardy Kane Pellé

only £1.3m in the bank.

I can do
    Smalling-Payet-KDB-Pellè -> Ryan Bennett-Ozil-Coutinho-Aguero
    with a £0.2m flexibility and for a 12 pts hit.

Is it knee-jerking?

It's a bit knee jerk, but get where your coming from. Getting fed up of getting mediocre scores this season.
    If you are going to go ahead, I'd be slow to get rid of Smalling, he's having a great season.

How would Payet, Pelle and Kdb to Aguero, one from Ozil/Coutinho and one from Deulefeu/Barkley work?

It's a bit knee jerk, but get where your coming from. Getting fed up of getting mediocre scores this season.
    If you are going to go ahead, I'd be slow to get rid of Smalling, he's having a great season.

How would Payet, Pelle and Kdb to Aguero, one from Ozil/Coutinho and one from Deulefeu/Barkley work?
    If I get Ozil I only have £5.7m for my 4th mid.
    With Coutinho, I have £6.4m so Deulofeu is possible.

You're sooo right about Smalling. That's why I'm kicking myself for not having gone DDG (for Myhill) and keeping my Saylor bench fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Similiar team to myself iroced.

Butland Hennessey
    Bellerin Smalling Kolarov Bertrand Evans
    Sanchez KDB Mahrez Wanyama Ozil
    Vardy Ighalo Mbokani.

Couldn't you do Kolarov to Firminho instead of Smalling to Coutinho?

My plan was to get rid of Kolarov to Ake, then Mbokani to Aguero perhaps for a -4. However, Aguero rises AND Mbokani drops (I don't know how, thought too few owned him) so I can't afford Ake and Aguero.

My big problem is lack of funds for a third striker. If I change KDB to Barkley, I can just about do Ighalo to Lukaku. That's before more rises though and I'll have missed most of Everton's good fixtures.

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    If I get Ozil I only have £5.7m for my 4th mid.
    With Coutinho, I have £6.4m so Deulofeu is possible.

You're sooo right about Smalling. That's why I'm kicking myself for not having gone DDG (for Myhill) and keeping my Saylor bench fodder.

Did Myhill to Ddg last week, would really like to have Smalling in my team but gone too expensive now.

Deulefeu might be a good option, good fixtures, seems to link up really well with Lukaku and think he's almost guaranteed his starting place in the team.

Had planned to transfer Mane, Kdb and Pelle over the next 3 weeks to Ozil, Coutinho, and Aguero over the next 3 weeks but price changes might mean having to take a 8 pt hit this week if want to get them all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a fan of either transfer tbh. I don't see why anyone would plan ahead to get rid of Vardy. Ok he won't score every game but he's been getting points a while now, going back to last season.

I'd also be worried that Walcott is due back which impacts Giroud (once Ramsey is fit for midfield) and van Gaal is likely to throw Martial out on the wing without warning.

Then again, I'm in the process of destroying my team do I'm probably not the man to be giving advice!!
    Ye your probably right. I just have it in my head to not have 2 Leicester players for their nightmare run. I'll revisit it after I see how they get on against utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

My team

De Gea Hennessy
    Kolarov Bellerin Bertrand Nyom Souare
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

At the minute, I'm expecting to take a 4 point hit. Sanchez and Payet out. Ozil and Coutinho in.

Depending on how Kane does today, he may go for Aguero. If he scores though, I may hold off on Kun for another week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

My team
    Myhill DeGea
    Bellerin Kolorov V Djik Rojo Nyom
    De Bryne Ali Sanchez Mane Mahrez
    Vardy Ighalo Kane

I really want Aguero long term so need too get him in soon. Without lukaku up top I'm need an Everton player too try too balance out and am looking at Barkley. I'll need too downgrade players and am looking at kolorov too cheap starting player maybe Simpson but that would give me 3 Leicester players but with Simpson only been bench fodder I'm ok with that m. Am I mad taking a 12 point hit (first big hit all season) too do
    Ighalo Kolorov mane Sanchez or De Bryne

Too

Aguero Barkley Simpson and 7million mid maybe Arnoutovic

Also who too keep from Sanchez & de Bryne??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

took a -4 last night for the following:

Smalling ---> Rojo
    Kompany ---> Simpson
    Pelle ----> Aguero

leaves me a front seven of

Sanchez-- KDB -- Cabaye -- Mahrez

Kane -- Aguero -- Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 48,185 ✭✭✭✭km79

took a -4 last night for the following:

Smalling ---> Rojo
    Kompany ---> Simpson
    Pelle ----> Aguero

leaves me a front seven of

Sanchez-- KDB -- Cabaye -- Mahrez

Kane -- Aguero -- Lukaku

nice!
    I'm working towards that front 3 as well
    kdb will be sacrificed though most likely

Lemlin wrote: »
    My team

De Gea Hennessy
    Kolarov Bellerin Bertrand Nyom Souare
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

At the minute, I'm expecting to take a 4 point hit. Sanchez and Payet out. Ozil and Coutinho in.

Depending on how Kane does today, he may go for Aguero. If he scores though, I may hold off on Kun for another week.

Looking at this, I could just keep Sanchez and go Payet to Coutinho. If I want Aguero though, I'd then need to do Kol to Simpson or Woolschied and then Kane to Kun.

I see Vardy has been sold by quite a few of us. It's gonna make for an anxious 90 minutes every time Leicester play!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MrMac84 wrote: »

Also who too keep from Sanchez & de Bryne??

Despite being a big fan of KDB and having Ozil & Sanchez. I went KDB out yesterday. Quiet expensive for someone that hasn't been massively explosive.

Saying that, I will prob be doing Sanchez to Cheaper City Mid in the coming weeks to allow a stronger front 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I've finally gotten rid of Pelle, after several dismal weeks the deed is done, in comes Aguero. I also removed Sanchez with Coutinho coming in meaning my team for next week looks like this

Begovic
    Nyom, Moreno, Alderweireld
    Mahrez, Ozil, Coutinho, De Bruyne
    Aguero, Lukaku, Barry

Bench: Myhill, Delofeu, Turner, Targett

It's been a disappointing season so far, anyone with pointers feel free to have a go because I've tried basically everything so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I see Vardy has been sold by quite a few of us. It's gonna make for an anxious 90 minutes every time Leicester play!

5/6 of his next games are horrible. Ulloa looks like he might start robbing a few goals from him. His (& Leicesters) form isn't sustainable. I'm going to say he doesn't score more than 2 in the next 6....

Welcome to the club. Nervous as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Brought in coutinho and Moreno for mane and Cameron.

Going to wait until GW 16 to get Aguero at home to Swansea. What do people reckon is the maximum price he will be by then?

You would imagine he will get at least one rise this week to 13.2 before the Southampton game and then they are playing away at Stoke in GW 15. Surely he won't go above the 13.3 he was priced at pre injury before the GW 16 transfer window opens?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

km79 wrote: »
    nice!
    I'm working towards that front 3 as well
    kdb will be sacrificed though most likely

Ya KDB will get the bullet as soon as Silva is back. I've never had Vardy so not fussed now! Got Lukaku in during my WC around GW 9 due to their fixtures and been delighted with him.

Pellegrino took Aguero off last night and they were losing. I don't think he will overuse him in Europe. And Pelle had to go. NEVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN BUIB

PARlance wrote: »
    5/6 of his next games are horrible. Ulloa looks like he might start robbing a few goals from him. His (& Leicesters) form isn't sustainable. I'm going to say he doesn't score more than 2 in the next 6....

Welcome to the club. Nervous as hell.

He's beaten that record now as well, so that might stop him playing like a man possessed! Hopefully. Long as Mahrez keeps chipping away with points!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭28064212

He's beaten that record now as well, so that might stop him playing like a man possessed
    Not yet, he only equalled it yesterday

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I can exactly afford this as it stands:

Pelle -> Aguero
    KdB -> Bolasie

I've got my problem children in Jarvis and Davies and I can't possibly pull the trigger on the above until both have played their games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Just done Pelle and Darmian out for Aguero and Nyom.

Really want united defensivr cover but will wait until next week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Butland, Hennessey,
    Kolarov, Bellerin, Simpson, Francis, Dawson
    Ozil, Alexis, Mane, Mahrez, KDB
    Vardy, Pelle, Lukaku

I'm going to do Mane to Stanislas. That leaves me 1m short for Pelle to Aguero for -8. I don't know how to find it. I could downgrade Alexis or KDB, but I've made loads of value on them so that could be extremely costly. Likewise Kolarov, Mahrez and Vardy. Any thoughts on what I could do?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Butland, Hennessey,
    Kolarov, Bellerin, Simpson, Francis, Dawson
    Ozil, Alexis, Mane, Mahrez, KDB
    Vardy, Pelle, Lukaku

I'm going to do Mane to Stanislas. That leaves me 1m short for Pelle to Aguero for -8. I don't know how to find it. I could downgrade Alexis or KDB, but I've made loads of value on them so that could be extremely costly. Likewise Kolarov, Mahrez and Vardy. Any thoughts on what I could do?

Kolarov to Woolschied.

• Advertisement

Aenaes wrote: »
    Similiar team to myself iroced.

Butland Hennessey
    Bellerin Smalling Kolarov Bertrand Evans
    Sanchez KDB Mahrez Wanyama Ozil
    Vardy Ighalo Mbokani.

Couldn't you do Kolarov to Firminho instead of Smalling to Coutinho?

My plan was to get rid of Kolarov to Ake, then Mbokani to Aguero perhaps for a -4. However, Aguero rises AND Mbokani drops (I don't know how, thought too few owned him) so I can't afford Ake and Aguero.

My big problem is lack of funds for a third striker. If I change KDB to Barkley, I can just about do Ighalo to Lukaku. That's before more rises though and I'll have missed most of Everton's good fixtures.
    You mean Firmino in for Payet (instead of Coutinho)?

Kolarov may have to go alright but he's not far from a rise and he could grab me a £0.1m profit. He also got an assist in their home thrashing. He's heavily owned. I'm not sure yet what to do.
    28064212 wrote: »
    Not yet, he only equalled it yesterday
    He actually beat it over a single season. RVN got his 10 consecutive games scoring over 2 seasons. I heard Philippe Auclair mentioning yesterday he was 2 games away from the all time English record (I guess he meant including the pre-PL era). Forgot the name of the guy.
    PARlance wrote: »
    They play United, Chelsea & City at home. United managed to concede away to Watford who can barely score a goal, so why Leicester could not break them? Chelsea is a big unknown. They have a solid game and collapse for a couple... And City concede for fun.
    Now, away they'll go to Swansea, Everton, Liverpool & Spurs. Swansea haven't kept a CS in their last 7 games. Everton got their first one at home yesterday, and that was Villa. And Liverpool only got 1 CS in their last 10 games. And Klopp prefers winning 5-3 than 2-0. Finally Spurs seemed to make a habit of conceding a goal at home lately.

So yeah on paper it's horrible, and yeah it sounds impossible they can sustain such form. But, contrary to most of those teams (bar Swansea & Everton) their only focus is the PL. And I feel it's too early in the season to get caught by the pressure of their position. I mean they can't yet dream of a european position finish.

Advertisement