Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Need a favour, could someone with non-blocked work internet access check the prices of:

Hoolahan
    Firmino
    Pelle
    Aguero

Need to daydream about something for the next couple of hours :cool:

Per FFFix:
    -84.3%
    +56.8%
    -64.5%
    +46.7%

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Hoolahan # £5.0m # -82.3% on FPLS
    Firmino # £8.0m # +54.3% on FPLS
    Pelle # £8.4m # -65.4% on FPLS
    Aguero # £13.1m # +43.8% on FPLS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

iroced wrote: »
    Hoolahan # £5.0m # -82.3% on FPLS
    Firmino # £8.0m # +54.3% on FPLS
    Pelle # £8.4m # -65.4% on FPLS
    Aguero # £13.1m # +43.8% on FPLS

Super - time to get the calculator out! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

FHFC wrote: »
    There's gonna be a scramble for Chelsea players sometime soon.

I'm not gonna try to get in ahead of it as their form is so bad, but once they look like they are clicking going forward and with the fixtures they have I'd like to be ready. Costa would be a viable option but not ahead of Aguero, Kane, Lukaku, Giroud, Vardy, Ighalo etc.

If I downgraded VVD to Simpson at some stage I'd be able to afford Sanchez, Hazard, Aguero, Kane and Lukaku in the same team, with Mahrez and a 6 to 7m 4th mid.

Hazard plus a defender is where I'd be looking at Chelsea, just couldn't trust Costa ahead of the players you mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Sanchez and Pelle OUT
    Ozil and Aguero IN

Team looks good on paper but I'm doing seem to be getting anywhere!

Hennessy
    Bellerin-Darmian-Kolarov
    Mahrez-KDB-Ozil-Ayew
    Vardy-Benteke-Aguero

Have to get rid of Benteke and Darmian.

Ayew to Barkley there
    Darmian to Spurs defender

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

8 point hit to bring in Augero (taking out KDB and Kolorov) with £9mill to spend on Def and Mid

or

4point hit to bring in Kane and 7mill midfield for (Sanchez/KDB)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Taking a 4 point hit to bring in Aguero and Ozil, with Ighalo and Mané out. Hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

entropi wrote: »
    Taking a 4 point hit to bring in Aguero and Ozil, with Ighalo and Mané out. Hope it works.

Surely will pay for itself a few times over within a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Only a 4 point hit?
    Some of us have them for supper (a couple of times a week).
    Don't fret it, just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

If your plan is LAK strikeforce, what about getting Coutinho instead of Deulofeu (double Everton despite their form may be overkill and Klopp's Pool is on fire)? He's apparently OK. Klopp's main man. Your team will be better balanced.

If I did not make any mistakes looking at your transfer history you'd have £1.1m left ITB after it. No hits this week. You can monitor Agüero's return a bit longer.

Now you'll lose at least £0.1m on Agüero but you'll get an extra £0.1m resale from Vardy. So, you'll need £6.3m to upgrade Vardy to Agüero.
    Sterling to Wanyama will free £4.6m. Up to £5.7m with your bank. You need to find £0.6m. Naughton -> Wollscheid will give you that if you do it now. But this gives you no flexibility re Vardy -> Agüero.

Looking at your defense, when will you actually play Wolly? 'Cause Bellerin Moreno VVD Souaré is decent enough and as we discussed in another topic Stoke fixtures aren't the most appealing right now. So if you delay this move, you could always get Simpson or Ryan Bennett as cheap enabler 5th def.

If I follow your current logic, Deulofeu is here to allow Hazard at some point. Will he ever justify his price tag? We don't know. Granted they'll have Bournemouth, Sunderland & Watford at home in their next 5 games but they only beat Norwich 1-0. And there's always the Delle Alli option in midfield to make up cash ;).

Thanks. Great points and food for thought.

I had looked at Coutinho for that other midfield slot but couldn't afford him when going for Wolly. Your right that i can with Simpson, but only with 0.1 to spare so no room for error pricewise.

Thing is, using Simpson as 5th def bench fodder means i can get Aguero with 2 transfers. And Mane to Coutinho ain't one of them!! :)

So with hits inevitable the question probably us whether Mane to Coutinho is worth -4 over the next 2 weeks? Mane has Villa at home after City.

The other concern is that lack of flexibility when it comes to Chelsea and possibly Hazard. With 3rd mid Coutinho its impossible to get Hazard. You mention Ali but its Coutinho he'd need to replace to accomodate Ozil to Hazard. Sanchez and Mahrez the other 2. So in this scenario its Sanchez OR Hazard not both.

Finally the Deulofeu attraction is he really caught my eye on MOTD. Barkley got on the end of the chances but Deulofeu looked at the heart of so many attacks I suspect a big score ahead. Can Coutinho keep up his returns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Sanchez has scored twice tonight for those considering on transferring him out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Sanchez has scored twice tonight for those considering on transferring him out ;)

Shhh people might not notice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

jimmii wrote: »
    Shhh people might not notice!

Ah lads. I sold him to make way for Aguero, after keeping the faith for *weeks*. Hopefully he doesn't go too mad at the weekend! Tense times ahead. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

This has only thrown me up a captaincy problem. Sanchez or Aguero for me?! Or even Lukaku??

He can go mad during UCL matches all he likes!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dempsey wrote: »
    He can go mad during UCL matches all he likes!

With 61 goals in his last 135 league games. It's only a matter of time till it starts happening in the league again. There isn't a mid in the league with goalscoring potential like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

With 61 goals in his last 135 league games. It's only a matter of time till it starts happening in the league again. There isn't a mid in the league with goalscoring potential like that.

Shhhh.

Sure like I can't afford everyone, ya know? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Already played -4 hit

Pelle & Mane to Aguero & Stanilas.

Fallen like a stone and some more moves to stop the fall.

Myhill

Bell Kol Vert (Prodl, Simps)

KDB Alexis Riyad Eriksen

Aguero Luk Ighalo

What other moves would you make?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Surely will pay for itself a few times over within a few weeks
    Indeed, I'm fairly sure it'll reap rewards over time. Sometimes a hit is better in the long run.
    Only a 4 point hit?
    Some of us have them for supper (a couple of times a week).
    Don't fret it, just do it.
    T'is done. Now we wait :D

The argument of a player thats held onto him too long ;)

• Advertisement

Thanks. Great points and food for thought.

I had looked at Coutinho for that other midfield slot but couldn't afford him when going for Wolly. Your right that i can with Simpson, but only with 0.1 to spare so no room for error pricewise.

Thing is, using Simpson as 5th def bench fodder means i can get Aguero with 2 transfers. And Mane to Coutinho ain't one of them!! :)

So with hits inevitable the question probably us whether Mane to Coutinho is worth -4 over the next 2 weeks? Mane has Villa at home after City.

The other concern is that lack of flexibility when it comes to Chelsea and possibly Hazard. With 3rd mid Coutinho its impossible to get Hazard. You mention Ali but its Coutinho he'd need to replace to accomodate Ozil to Hazard. Sanchez and Mahrez the other 2. So in this scenario its Sanchez OR Hazard not both.

Finally the Deulofeu attraction is he really caught my eye on MOTD. Barkley got on the end of the chances but Deulofeu looked at the heart of so many attacks I suspect a big score ahead. Can Coutinho keep up his returns?
    Thought you'd have £0.3m left with Simpson if you get Agüero for £13.2m. Anyway your point about flexibility still stands.

But. Do you rate that badly a Sanchez Hazard Mahrez Alli midfield? I mean is Deulofeu that much a better option than Alli? If I were you that'd be the main question for me. I never rated Mané. I think he's worse than Pellé FPL-wise (means he'll prob get a hat-trick at the week-end considering my FPL form :pac:).

The problem with your LAK strikeforce is it "removes" a premium mid anyhow (unless you want to go really cheap at the back).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Thought you'd have £0.3m left with Simpson if you get Agüero for £13.2m. Anyway your point about flexibility still stands.

But. Do you rate that badly a Sanchez Hazard Mahrez Alli midfield? I mean is Deulofeu that much a better option than Alli? If I were you that'd be the main question for me. I never rated Mané. I think he's worse than Pellé FPL-wise (means he'll prob get a hat-trick at the week-end considering my FPL form :pac:).

The problem with your LAK strikeforce is it "removes" a premium mid anyhow (unless you want to go really cheap at the back).

I don't rate it badly. Although yes i would.much prefer Deulofeu over Ali atm. But the problem is to go to that midfield via Coutinho means yet one more transfer. Already I need 4 to get rid of Mane and down Naughton and Sterling to get Aguero. Then in 3 or 4 games if I want Hazard 2 more for Ozil and Coutinho to Hazard and Ali? Have you some secret wildcard hack that you'd like to share with us!!?? ;)

Watching Chelsea tonight reminds me that Willian may be viable Chelsea cover, while i really really want Zouma!

I am however coming round to Coutinho for Mane and not thinking too far ahead, other than to maybe take one of the inevitable hits this week. Simpson quite likely to rise this week I'd say. No flexibility still worries me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The argument of a player thats held onto him too long ;)

Enjoy the game sunday. Probably best to watch it from behind the couch;).

I don't rate it badly. Although yes i would.much prefer Deulofeu over Ali atm. But the problem is to go to that midfield via Coutinho means yet one more transfer. Already I need 4 to get rid of Mane and down Naughton and Sterling to get Aguero. Then in 3 or 4 games if I want Hazard 2 more for Ozil and Coutinho to Hazard and Ali? Have you some secret wildcard hack that you'd like to share with us!!?? ;)

Watching Chelsea tonight reminds me that Willian may be viable Chelsea cover, while i really really want Zouma!

I am however coming round to Coutinho for Mane and not thinking too far ahead, other than to maybe take one of the inevitable hits this week. Simpson quite likely to rise this week I'd say. No flexibility still worries me though.
    Ahah no, no magic WC unfortunately. Just hits.
    None this week. Mané -> Coutinho. -8 next week if Agüero is needed via Sterling+Naughton -> Wanyama+Simpson/Ryan Bennett.
    If you want Hazard it's -12 downgrading Coutinho to Deulofeu/Alli. Which makes no sense alright. I'm not sure about Hazard though. Not involved tonight in a 4-0 win over one of the poorest european sides.
    And about Willian. He's not guaranteed enough in PL for my liking. Great free kick taker though. Scored 6 out of 12 :eek: this year (source: Philippe Auclair).

I think, forgetting 1 sec about Hazard, the advantage of going Coutinho this week is it gives you the possibility of no hits (or just 1) if Aguero doesn't become that essential after this week-end. And if he does you go -8. Which I feel will be very low average in terms of "Aguero easing in" hits.

I have to say I'm surprised with your Hazard obsession. He'd be a great differential if it works out but a catastrophy if it doesn't. It doesn't match at all with your flexibility approach: Hazard alone removes it all! Coutinho+Ozil sounds far superior to Hazard+Deulofeu/Alli, doesn't it?

I'm a bit late with price changes right now but what about
    Pellè+Payet -> Lukaku+Coutinho for -4 only?

Agüero will be £13.2m (maybe £13.3m) but I'll have enough to upgrade Lukaku to him if I get Wolly & Simpson/Ryan Bennett for Smalling & Kolarov for -8 next GW.

That's not very different from Lemlin's suggestion. -12 too but if Agüero blanks at the week-end I may be in a better position waiting to get him back and may avoid the huge hit while having a more than decent squad.

What I don't like is anyway I'm heavily reliant on Agüero scoring or blanking at the week-end...
    Since Lukaku is rising tonight, it's my last chance with this alternate option. Good? Bad?

It's completely reliant on Aguero's return and perf this week-end. Average at best and I'm grand (assuming Lukaku does the business). Good at least and I'm in trouble...

I know I'm very late on Lukaku and I'm 50/50 on whether I have to accept I missed the train and move on to Aguero before many or give in to him and don't be stubborn (one of the worst FPL enemy)...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Since Lukaku is rising tonight, it's my last chance with this alternate option. Good? Bad?

It's completely reliant on Aguero's return and perf this week-end. Average at best and I'm grand (assuming Lukaku does the business). Good at least and I'm in trouble...

I know I'm very late on Lukaku and I'm 50/50 on whether I have to accept I missed the train and move on to Aguero before many or give in to him and don't be stubborn (one of the worts FPL enemy)...

I'd go for it. In great form and with great fixtures. Himself and Gerard have been having field days the last few weeks. I've had Lukaku for all his hauls so I may be biased :P But yeah, I'd do it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I know I'm very late on Lukaku and I'm 50/50 on whether I have to accept I missed the train and move on to Aguero before many or give in to him and don't be stubborn (one of the worst FPL enemy)...

Could you wait on Coutinho news and if priced out, go for Firmino instead? As well as Lukaku is playing, I don't think he's essential with so many striker options around (Aguero, Kane, Ighalo, Vardy the main ones). I think he'll do well, I'm just not sure the Aguero Kane Lukaku front line will be the best given where team values are at this stage. It's a pick two and add Vardy/Ighalo imo

EDIT: Ah, you're doing Lukaku just for a short time and then switching him to Aguero. Pass for me in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Hope the people who already sold Sanchez are punished on Sunday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

ShaneU wrote:
    Hope the people who already sold Sanchez are punished on Sunday

I sold him and have no regrets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

spock. wrote: »
    I sold him and have no regrets.

yet;)

• Advertisement

Could you wait on Coutinho news and if priced out, go for Firmino instead? As well as Lukaku is playing, I don't think he's essential with so many striker options around (Aguero, Kane, Ighalo, Vardy the main ones). I think he'll do well, I'm just not sure the Aguero Kane Lukaku front line will be the best given where team values are at this stage. It's a pick two and add Vardy/Ighalo imo

EDIT: Ah, you're doing Lukaku just for a short time and then switching him to Aguero. Pass for me in that case
    I'll wait.

I can't make a decision lately. So will now wait for Agüero & Coutinho to play. To hell with team values. It's too late now. Can't do things half-way. If I wanted to go the team values way, I should have made my moves on Saturday eve. I didn't. So now, the best thing to do is wait... and hope Lukaku will revert to his inconsistency (or consistency to disappoint :p).

Advertisement