Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 14 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Can you justify a -8 hit for bringing in Kane and Barkley?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Can you justify a -8 hit for bringing in Kane and Barkley?!

Hard to justify it. I would forget Barkley and just bring in Kane next week for free. Assuming there is no reason why you can't use next weeks transfer for that its hard to imagine your current player is worth 4 points less than Kane this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Enjoy the game sunday. Probably best to watch it from behind the couch;).

Oh the fun we're all going to have on Sunday... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    My team
    Myhill DeGea
    Bellerin Kolorov V Djik Rojo Nyom
    De Bryne Ali Sanchez Mane Mahrez
    Vardy Ighalo Kane

I really want Aguero long term so need too get him in soon. Without lukaku up top I'm need an Everton player too try too balance out and am looking at Barkley. I'll need too downgrade players and am looking at kolorov too cheap starting player maybe Simpson but that would give me 3 Leicester players but with Simpson only been bench fodder I'm ok with that m. Am I mad taking a 12 point hit (first big hit all season) too do
    Ighalo Kolorov mane Sanchez or De Bryne

Too

Aguero Barkley Simpson and 7million mid maybe Arnoutovic

Also who too keep from Sanchez & de Bryne??

Any opinions on this lads ?

Any opinions on this lads ?

Losing Sanchez as part of a -12 just seems too far. He's 10/11 to score this week it could easily go horribly wrong! If you feel you must do this then definitely get rid of KDB a 10m+ player you aren't going to captain is just horrible value.

I'm yet to be convinced on Barkley I think its Lukaku or nothing for Everton attackers I would also be loath to sell Ighalo unless he picks up an injury he is an absolute lock for best value player this year. If you want Aguero I think Ig, Kane, Aguero is the way to go. I'm holding off though and just going Ig, Kane, Lukaku for the mid term over the next ten weeks there is only really one week I would prefer him as captain over Sanchez or Kane so happy to go without and just captain one of them.

What do you have for a mid if you do Lukaku & KDB>Aguero & X?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is a - 4 too much to take to correct a transfer error?

Sanchez out instead of KDB
    Sanchez in KDB out...

Is this lunacy or should I gamble? I really feel i made a huge error.

dahat wrote: »
    Is a - 4 too much to take to correct a transfer error?

Sanchez out instead of KDB
    Sanchez in KDB out...

Is this lunacy or should I gamble? I really feel i made a huge error.

Yuck. I guess if you don't have your first WC then it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

***Noob question alert***

What's the optimum way to use a wildcard?

Am I right in thinking there's 2 wildcards per season (might have picked that up arseways off something else)?

I'm stuck with Pelle at the moment and want to buy back Aguero (have c.5m in the bank so ok on that front) but for a differential I also want to get Firmino in for Hoolahan asap.....can I use the Wildcard to get Firmino in?

Apologies to all for the undoubted inherent stupidity of that question :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Cartman78 wrote: »

Am I right in thinking there's 2 wildcards per season (might have picked that up arseways off something else)?

I'm stuck with Pelle at the moment and want to buy back Aguero (have c.5m in the bank so ok on that front) but for a differential I also want to get Firmino in for Hoolahan asap.....can I use the Wildcard to get Firmino in?

Yes, two wildcards: one to be used before the new year and one after. You can use one to make the two transfers you mention, at no cost of points, but it'd be a bit of a waste if those are the only transfers you want to make.

Yeh you get one for each half of the season. If you still have your first one then either keep it in case of a bad run of injuries or use it to prepare for the busy Christmas period. The second WC is normally best used to prepare for a DGW fingers crossed we get some good ones!

Using a WC to get Firmino in does not seem like a good idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yes, two wildcards: one to be used before the new year and one after. You can use one to make the two transfers you mention, at no cost of points, but it'd be a bit of a waste if those are the only transfers you want to make.

Ok....so you can make multiple transfers with a wildcard :confused:

Ok....so you can make multiple transfers with a wildcard :confused:

You can make unlimited* transfers when you wildcard.

*500mb fair use policy applies. (Only joking no it doesn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

If yer a noob this thread may also be helpful...

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057461850/1/#post96242117

Hope that link works. Posting on mobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Heads up for anyone not looking, Ighalo's next three games: Villa (a), Norwich (h), Sunderland (a). Big opportunity for points (and three big games for Watford to be fair).

However, after this, their run of games is pretty awful: Pool (h), Chelsea (a), Spurs (h), City (h), Soton (a).

Could see a slow down in points for a few weeks, but they are at home, so I guess holding on to him is best with the value.

Only problem I have is I'd love a Lukaku, Kane, Aguero strikeforce :pac:

jimmii wrote: »
    Losing Sanchez as part of a -12 just seems too far. He's 10/11 to score this week it could easily go horribly wrong! If you feel you must do this then definitely get rid of KDB a 10m+ player you aren't going to captain is just horrible value.

I'm yet to be convinced on Barkley I think its Lukaku or nothing for Everton attackers I would also be loath to sell Ighalo unless he picks up an injury he is an absolute lock for best value player this year. If you want Aguero I think Ig, Kane, Aguero is the way to go. I'm holding off though and just going Ig, Kane, Lukaku for the mid term over the next ten weeks there is only really one week I would prefer him as captain over Sanchez or Kane so happy to go without and just captain one of them.

What do you have for a mid if you do Lukaku & KDB>Aguero & X?

I don't have lukaku I have Vardy Kane Ighalo

I've decide too hold Sanchez 100% so
    If I do have too dump 1 it's KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Pelle to either

Aguero -> requires KDB to someone like Firminho at a -4 cost
    or
    Kane

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pelle to either

or
    Kane

Any thoughts?

How much wriggle room have you got, if Aguero goes to 13.3+ would you be able to get him?

I don't have lukaku I have Vardy Kane Ighalo

I've decide too hold Sanchez 100% so
    If I do have too dump 1 it's KDB

Yeh but I think if you want an Everton player you have to go Lukaku or nothing so if you want Aguero then you really have to go with none unless you prefer him over Kane. I think keeping Sanchez is wise.

2 questions please and thanks.

Q1. Prodston. This 3.9m Ryan Bennett character. Nailed on? Martin is out but he seems to have been getting 90s before that.

Having passed up Wolly and opted for a cheap cheap 5th def I'm figuring Norwich and Leicester are much of a muchness is terms of crapness and 0.1 is 0.1.

Q2. As Bust mentioned in the other thread Mane might have some sucess against a weakened City backline. If I do Sterling to Coutinho who would a man bench from...

Coutinho, Mahrez, Ozil, Sanchez, Mane
    Kane, Lukaku, Vardy

Strong front pain in the bollix...

• Advertisement

Yeh but I think if you want an Everton player you have to go Lukaku or nothing so if you want Aguero then you really have to go with none unless you prefer him over Kane. I think keeping Sanchez is wise.

It's too much of an ask too get Aguero I'm beginning too think I could do
    Kolorov & Vardy too Simpson (or Bennett)& Lukaku

Give me a front 3 of lukaku (Bou) Kane (Che) Ighalo (villa)

I'd prefer too have Simpson over Bennett as my bench filler defender who may rotate with nyom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »
    Q2. As Bust mentioned in the other thread Mane might have some sucess against a weakened City backline. If I do Sterling to Coutinho who would a man bench from...

Coutinho, Mahrez, Ozil, Sanchez, Mane
    Kane, Lukaku, Vardy

Strong front pain in the bollix...

Coutinho didn't train today, something to keep an eye on. Assuming fit, I'd probably still bench Mane since Vardez can punish you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

RE: Bennett my opinion would be one of extreme caution. Come January I'd very much doubt any chance for him. I'd fully expect defensive reinforcement at cb.

Neil seems to have a penchant for rotating too. Brady has probably been the most played player but most of that has been LB :pac:

If you're content to use him as a price enabler and be aware you can't trust him for that trusty 1 point (5th defender is likely to concede 2 or get a yellow :P ) then go for it.

He doesn't get the Prodston Punt seal of approval for longevity but that may be partly down to his presence ending the Norwich and Mickey T dream team! Plus he's not exactly great!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Joe Hart going off injured has put a serious spanner in the works. (McCarthy back up who won't play)

Anyone know the chances of him playing the weekend?

Already took a -4 hit this week, do I take another to get De Gea/Cech/Lloris in?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

hogey143 wrote: »
    Joe Hart going off injured has put a serious spanner in the works. (McCarthy back up who won't play)

Anyone know the chances of him playing the weekend?

Already took a -4 hit this week, do I take another to get De Gea/Cech/Lloris in?

Posted in the injuries thread:

Pellegrini, talking about the Blues’ injury list added: “As for Joe Hart – it is impossible to know how serious his injury is at this point.

“He has a problem with his hamstring and has had a problem in his back for the past week.

“We hope we don’t lose him, but for if for some reason he cannot play I have trust in Willy Caballero.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

hogey143 wrote:

Re Lloris

Spurs have 2nd best defense behind united in epl but only 4 clean sheets so far.

United have conceded 1 goal less than spurs but have 8 clean sheets.

So go with DGG over Lloris

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Re Lloris

Spurs have 2nd best defense behind united in epl but only 4 clean sheets so far.

United have conceded 1 goal less than spurs but have 8 clean sheets.

So go with DGG over Lloris

That's what I was thinking alright.

I was hoping to get rid of Hart anyway but with United away to Leicester & Spurs at home to Chelsea, even taking Hart out for a -4 hit may overall leave me with a -2 deficit as not sure either will keep a CS for this week.

Even with injury, might wait until next week..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Pelle to either

or
    Kane

Any thoughts?

Pick a better replacement than Firmino

It's too much of an ask too get Aguero I'm beginning too think I could do
    Kolorov & Vardy too Simpson (or Bennett)& Lukaku

Give me a front 3 of lukaku (Bou) Kane (Che) Ighalo (villa)

I'd prefer too have Simpson over Bennett as my bench filler defender who may rotate with nyom

I tried to find a way too but just couldn't find a way for it to make sense so will be going with that same front three. Now just have to figure who to sell to be able to upgrade Vardy to Kane! Part of me wants to let Mane go but I am very fond of him for some reason and loathed to let him go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I tried to find a way too but just couldn't find a way for it to make sense so will be going with that same front three. Now just have to figure who to sell to be able to upgrade Vardy to Kane! Part of me wants to let Mane go but I am very fond of him for some reason and loathed to let him go!

I don't know Jimmii, I know you're attached but it just might be time to let go ........ ;)

q8oxwoh.jpg

Advertisement