Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

I find cancelling smyths orders was easy peasy. I clicked 'request cancellation' or whatever the button is, no bother.

30 pounds for twilight princess is less than 40 euro, plus parcel motel is less than 45 euro, so I'm happy enough.

Ah yeah it's not the end of the world to try cancel with Smyths, just can't stand that there is no cancel button beside your order on the Smyths site, same with thegamecollection.net, no cancel button. In thus day and age......

I'm getting it from Smyths, €65 for the game, soundtrack and amiibo seems a fair price.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Star Lord wrote: »
    Dunno about delivery with Smyths, I'd imagine it's done at dispatch. I know with collection they only charge you when you pick it up from the shop.

Bring ID if you're collecting from Smyths. I had my bank card and the message on my phone from Smyths that it was ready for collection. With a previous order I had a minute or 2 of an argument with a staff member before he finally relented and gave me the bundle.

Anybody have their order dispatched yet? Shopto were sending out the game/bundle yesterday. I've ordered from Zavvi so I'll be lucky to get it by St. Patrick's Day. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

sligeach wrote: »
    Bring ID if you're collecting from Smyths. I had my bank card and the message on my phone from Smyths that it was ready for collection. With a previous order I had a minute or 2 of an argument with a staff member before he finally relented and gave me the bundle.

Anybody have their order dispatched yet? Shopto were sending out the game/bundle yesterday. I've ordered from Zavvi so I'll be lucky to get it by St. Patrick's Day. :p

So you don't mind waiting till April then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Dunno about delivery with Smyths, I'd imagine it's done at dispatch. I know with collection they only charge you when you pick it up from the shop.

If you preorder for collection in a Smyths Branch the money is usually taken the day before, well that's how it has happened for me the last few occasions anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

iamtony wrote: »
    If you preorder for collection in a Smyths Branch the money is usually taken the day before, well that's how it has happened for me the last few occasions anyway.

Is it not taken once you collect the item? Could have sworn it says as much on the email...

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Is it not taken once you collect the item? Could have sworn it says as much on the email...

Not the last two times I preordered anyway. The last time my account was empty and the night before they tried to take the money and because I couldnt make the payment within so many hours they actually cancelled my order and I had to go to the shop the next morning and pray they still had the game, luckily they did, so I just paid cash then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Sometimes it's great ordering online, getting the goodies on or before release, but enough times I've watched my stuff, like the N3DS, heading on a European Odyssey! Unless there's a big discount I'd nearly prefer to buy from Smyth's or Argos.

Not the last two times I preordered anyway. The last time my account was empty and the night before they tried to take the money and because I couldnt make the payment within so many hours they actually cancelled my order and I had to go to the shop the next morning and pray they still had the game, luckily they did, so I just paid cash then.

That might have just been a pre-authorisation attempt that failed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

So you don't mind waiting till April then :pac:

The general "in store" price for the special edition on the continent seems to be €49.

I was going to go digital, given the pretty decent chances of disks being destroyed, but for that price I may go for it.

That might have just been a pre-authorisation attempt that failed

Possibly I'll try dig out the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    , like the N3DS, heading on a European Odyssey!

Tamworth.

What horrors besieged us.

Possibly I'll try dig out the email.

I can't confirm from the email if they were just trying to pre authorize or take the money but from recollection the money is usually taken the night before but I stand to be corrected. I've an order in Smyth's for Zelda so I'll confirm what they do when it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've collected pre-orders in store mutliple times with them, and never had anything like that happen! :eek: Sounds a bit weird that you'd to argue with them to get it! What were their grounds for trying to withhold it?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sometimes it's great ordering online, getting the goodies on or before release, but enough times I've watched my stuff, like the N3DS, heading on a European Odyssey! Unless there's a big discount I'd nearly prefer to buy from Smyth's or Argos.

Yeah I always pay the few quid extra to buy in Smyth's or where ever and you are guaranteed to have it on release plus your supporting Irish Jobs.

I've collected pre-orders in store mutliple times with them, and never had anything like that happen! :eek: Sounds a bit weird that you'd to argue with them to get it! What were their grounds for trying to withhold it?

Smyths are an odd one, I remember I perordered Xenoblade for the 3ds to collect on the day of release, all grand and ordered, went up to the store on day of release (friday, the usual), asked they guy for my copy as it had sold out at the price they had it at at the time and gamestop had it for €55.99 or so at launch.

Anyway I go up, give my order details and the guy says to me 'yup, it's here, your name is on it, but I can't sell it to you, it has to go to our main offices to be processed and shipped back to here and then we can give it to you, probably Tuesday next'. I was all like WTFFFFFF? I perordered? Why do I have to wait? He said it's the way it's been always done. Totally did not make sense. So I ordered from Amazon instead cause I was so pissed at Smyths for that, I perordered the game when it went live on the site cause it was the cheapest and I knew they would not print too many copies.

Totally weird and odd. So a year later, I have perordered TPHD with them, for delivery this time, so we'll see how that goes.

Very strange, never heard of anything like that in any store in my life.

^^ I wonder if they'd mistakenly sold it, & were giving you a bs story to pawn you off while they got another copy in from another store or something.

Thinking the same here. Last time I pre-ordered stuff, it had a specific barcode sticker attached to it that seemed to pertain to the pre-order

Well if they did then that we'll outta order since I had perordered on the day it was put up to order on their site. Left a bad taste for me and haven't bought from then since, in till now with TPHD, see how it goes. I expect it to be on my desk Friday morning. Since I did perorder it on the day it was put on the site.

They guy last year was a fella I know, who used to work in a gamestop. Just, weird.

Come on TGC... dispatch. I have this in the same order as the heavy rain remaster, and ratchet and clank, but R&C isn't out for another 6 weeks, so I hope I don't get charged for it early.

They take your money from your account the evening before release.

That I may not be who I claimed to be. The phone message didn't say anything about needing ID but I seen afterwards in an e-mail that they say to bring it. Perhaps people were chancing their arm getting other people to collect their copy and then going in saying it was their fault for not checking who they really were and getting freebies. He honestly wasn't going to give it to me for a couple of minutes. I showed him the phone message which had the order number on it I think and my bank card. He wanted more proof, I only had a couple of other club cards on me. I told him I wasn't going all the way back out of town and in again for the game. He said I could cancel it if I wanted. Right, I could cancel it but I couldn't have it. It was ridiculous, I said it was their problem, the phone message never mentioned anything ID. He eventually let me have it as their was another customer waiting.

• Advertisement

Thinking the same here. Last time I pre-ordered stuff, it had a specific barcode sticker attached to it that seemed to pertain to the pre-order

The barcode sticker has the order number, the article number, the date of release, your name and the items name.

They take your money from your account the evening before release.

Not from my experience, & not according to their t&c's
    no payment will be taken unless and until your order is dispatched where you have selected home delivery or when your order is collected where you have selected click and collect

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/customerservice/pre-order/

That I may not be who I claimed to be. The phone message didn't say anything about needing ID but I seen afterwards in an e-mail that they say to bring it. Perhaps people were chancing their arm getting other people to collect their copy and then going in saying it was their fault for not checking who they really were and getting freebies.

Would be understandable if that was the case I guess.
    I don't think I've ever had to show them ID, but I did just have the order number in my email, and given them my name.

Not from my experience, & not according to their t&c's

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/customerservice/pre-order/

Strange, I thought they take the money the day before. Perhaps I mixed it up with a previous home delivery. I don't think so though.

Reviews are coming in, looks good.

Just saw on Eurogamer that TP:HD includes a little nod to the Zelda Wii U game, namely paintings in the shop in Castle Town (before it becomes Malo Mart):
    145682963654.png

That's some pretty lovely texture art on that column to Link's left too!

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-01-twilight-princess-hd-includes-a-legend-of-zelda-wii-u-easter-egg

Strange, I thought they take the money the day before. Perhaps I mixed it up with a previous home delivery. I don't think so though.
    I'm nearly sure the money disappears from your regular funds the night before and at the same time you get an email to confirm your order will be ready to collect the following day. Now it's possible it's a pre auth think and the money is in limbo. As I said I will confirm on release day.

Can't see them taking the money the night before, it gets very messy when preorders etc aren't collected then (refunds etc). I'm 99.9% sure the last thing I preordered in Smyths (which I can't remember what it was!), the money was taken the moment I collected it, and indeed, an email is generated upon collection advising as much.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Retrospective – Episode 3: Gameplay & Dungeons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gU5ln1WaE4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Can't see them taking the money the night before, it gets very messy when preorders etc aren't collected then (refunds etc). I'm 99.9% sure the last thing I preordered in Smyths (which I can't remember what it was!), the money was taken the moment I collected it, and indeed, an email is generated upon collection advising as much.

Just to clarify, did you physically pay the money on collection or was it taken from your card the moment you collected it from the store?

Advertisement