Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Got an email from Smyths there saying that my order is being prepared and will be ready for collection in the next 2 hours. I'll post here once I get the mail confirming this.

same here, this is new, normally you get an email overnight saying its ready for collection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Gator88

So things havent changed much in 4 years? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone else order from Amazon? Mine is still being prepared for dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Anybody noticed the Google Streetview sprite today? :pac:

(See attached)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Got an email from Smyths there saying that my order is being prepared and will be ready for collection in the next 2 hours. I'll post here once I get the mail confirming this.

Got the mail and text a few minutes ago :).

Unfortunately I now have to sit through 6 hours of work before I can get it :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 luke208

Anybody noticed the Google Streetview sprite today? :pac:

(See attached)

So cool! Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

yes I got this also this morning at about half 9 and it was the same for the last game I preordered. Before that the mail would come in the night before.
    I checked my bank account and the money is sort of taken from my account, it looks like they have taken it but if you view transactions it's sitting their marked as pending.
    I've now received my text and another email to say I can collect it now within the next 2 days or the order will be cancelled.

Got the mail and text a few minutes ago :).

Unfortunately I now have to sit through 6 hours of work before I can get it :(.

Let's just hope they don't sell it on you by mistake in the next 6 hours;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 luke208

Just reserved mine at Argos Ilac Centre! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Anybody get theirs delivered from Smyths yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Picked mine up from smyths just now :)

iamtony wrote: »
    yes I got this also this morning at about half 9 and it was the same for the last game I preordered. Before that the mail would come in the night before.
    I checked my bank account and the money is sort of taken from my account, it looks like they have taken it but if you view transactions it's sitting their marked as pending.
    I've now received my text and another email to say I can collect it now within the next 2 days or the order will be cancelled.
    I've collected mine and the funds are still marked as pending in my bank so it looks, to me, that they did already take the money before I collected the game.

The Amiibo is pretty, Sligeach you'd love it ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,021 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Instead of going to Smyths, save yourself a couple of Euro in Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=4992798&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

Plenty in stock and far more stores nationwide than Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Prices in shops are mental I got mine for €45 postage included from Amazon

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Prices in shops are mental I got mine for €45 postage included from Amazon

With amiibo and soundtrack? Really?

Mine just arrived in the post from Smyths, now I wait the rest of the day to open a go over it all. So glad it arrived today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

With amiibo and soundtrack? Really?

Mine just arrived in the post from Smyths, now I wait the rest of the day to open a go over it all. So glad it arrived today :)

Yeah with cd and amiibo

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Yeah with cd and amiibo

Damn! Wish I got that deal. Fair play!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

38 quid from the game collection, then 4.50 from parcel motel, 42.50, can't complain about that.

Is argos not selling the standard version?

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Retrospective – Episode 4: Reborn on Wii U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_EXrJHsJzQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

38 quid from the game collection, then 4.50 from parcel motel, 42.50, can't complain about that.

Is argos not selling the standard version?

They don't appear to be no.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well that's all kinds of interesting,
    Why own Twilight Princess HD for the WiiU with Amiibo and Soundtrack when you can pay the same amount for the GameCube version in your friendly neighbourhood CEX!
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=045496963071#.Vton3Z-nxnE
    CEX in Santry have it for €65!

I don't think this version will have an affect on the Gamecube game. I wish it did but very unlikely. I often think of when customers are in CEX about to trade in, that I'd love to walk up in the middle of a transaction and buy these games because CEX very often give poor offers but to buy these games elsewhere are so expensive. Some of their prices have massive markups from their cash offers, it's within their rights of course.

No word of a lie, I've come across a few people over the years that sold games to CEX instead of selling privately because even though they were getting the same offer they didn't want someone to get it on the cheap in their eyes. Crab mentality I think they describe it as.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I give people buying on Adverts already know what CEX will offer, so they know the seller had little option but to sell at around that price or be stuck with no sale.
    Twilight Princess prices on the GC have gone up, I got mine from CEX in Tallaght last year for around €45, which I was happy with.

I'm am struck by the positive response to Twilight Princess however, given how it was viewed with indifference by most LoZ fans up to now. The Wii version has littered the shelves of most CEX's and Gamestops for years, steadily getting cheaper, as the game was seen as a lesser entry into the franchise.
    But now the game has not only received a visual upgrade, but it's legacy has been upgraded too!

€45 was good considering how much it sells for on Ebay. There's a tonne of games on CEX that are so mucher cheaper than buying on Ebay or Adverts. But they have silly prices too on some games.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Picked my copy up in Smyths yesterday for 65, with Amiibo and Soundtrack CD.

What was that malarky about Gamestop having a CD as a pre-order incentive? Was it not just the same CD that comes bundled with it anyway? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Bought mine and will pick it up on Monday. It was 53 euros, but a reduction offer on total shop brings it down to circa 45 euro for special edition. Of course this saving totally justified me buying a new 3DS for 120 euro. (Could have got Xenoblade edition for 160....)

I had never played through Wind Waker after my children mangled the original disk. Being such a prudent shopper, I decided to buy it on digital, despite exorbitant price and give it a lash. Got through to forbidden woods, which i think is somewhere around the half way mark?

On return from work yesterday, daughter produces Wii U from where i had hidden it and proudly shows me how herself and her brother have been spelling their names. Overwriting. My. Save. Game.

If Ganon wants to go round snatching children, more fool him.

Linoud wrote: »
    Picked my copy up in Smyths yesterday for 65, with Amiibo and Soundtrack CD.

What was that malarky about Gamestop having a CD as a pre-order incentive? Was it not just the same CD that comes bundled with it anyway? :p

The soundtrack was exclusive to Gamestop in the U.S. Glad they didn't try something like that here. It's the same CD we have in Europe.

druss wrote: »
    If Ganon wants to go round snatching children, more fool him.

latest?cb=20100619213659

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

sligeach wrote: »
    The soundtrack was exclusive to Gamestop in the U.S. Glad they didn't try something like that here. It's the same CD we have in Europe.

From what I've seen the US one comes in a cheaper sleeve case rather than our proper case.

Advertisement