Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Options
16791112

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jos22


    McLoughlin wrote: »
    Prices in shops are mental I got mine for €45 postage included from Amazon

    45 pounds is the cheapest it dropped to on Amazon UK


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,547 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    jos22 wrote: »
    45 pounds is the cheapest it dropped to on Amazon UK

    That €45 could have been a vat free price that a business gets from Amazon. I often get games that way. I got the collectors edition of xenoblade for €54 I think.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright


    Alright which one of you got a second LE and traded it in to CeX Westmorland street :P Got it for 35 brand new essentially by trading in Codename S.T.E.A.M. with it :)


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,938 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    Wright wrote: »
    Alright which one of you got a second LE and traded it in to CeX Westmorland street :P Got it for 35 brand new essentially by trading in Codename S.T.E.A.M. with it :)

    Wait was that €35 altogether or €35 plus €13 trade-in value for Codename S.T.E.A.M? Must be the latter as the game on its own is €48 cash on their site. Or maybe because the bundle isn't on their system yet they didn't know how to value it. Was the amiibo open? Strange someone would buy and sell so quickly.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright


    sligeach wrote: »
    Wait was that €35 altogether or €35 plus €13 trade-in value for Codename S.T.E.A.M? Must be the latter as the game on its own is €48 cash on their site. Or maybe because the bundle isn't on their system yet they didn't know how to value it. Was the amiibo open? Strange someone would buy and sell so quickly.

    48 quid all told. Yeah I'm thinking someone ordered two, or ordered from somewhere then noticed there was no need as Smyths has them. Packaging suggests its from the continent, Germany more than likely. Has English too though, so hopefully it's all good. Won't know until November if it turns out the NX is backwards compatible :P


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,547 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT


    Wright wrote: »
    48 quid all told. Yeah I'm thinking someone ordered two, or ordered from somewhere then noticed there was no need as Smyths has them. Packaging suggests its from the continent, Germany more than likely. Has English too though, so hopefully it's all good. Won't know until November if it turns out the NX is backwards compatible :P

    Do not all the big box games for the WiiU come multi-lingual? As in, it's the same whether purchased in Ireland, UK or Germany?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359


    So this game has been out for 3 days now, and we're discussing... the price of the limited edition pack, still? I know that aspect is super-interesting too, but has anyone had a chance to actually play it yet? :pac:


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright


    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Do not all the big box games for the WiiU come multi-lingual? As in, it's the same whether purchased in Ireland, UK or Germany?

    Oh. Could be! Dunno what the story is then. Definitely think it was a double order or summat.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,938 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    x2vdeK0.png

    It's not often that this happens and with many of us here buying from online UK retailers, we played our part. It came second in the All Formats chart as well.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1


    Good game sells well, good to see :D


  • Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright


    sligeach wrote: »

    It's not often that this happens and with many of us here buying from online UK retailers, we played our part. It came second in the All Formats chart as well.

    Especially if people are buying two copies :P
    Good game sells well, good to see :D

    Says a lot about the series if one of its worst entries can still be a good game :D


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    Sure isn't Skyward Sword considered the worst, until Zelda U comes out then Skyward will be the best while U is the worst. It's strange how that pattern goes. I liked all the 3D games


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord


    I really liked Skyward Sword, more so than Twilight Princess.

    To me, Skyward Sword was a watercoloury love letter to all the previous games in the series.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,938 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    Skyward Sword is easily the worst Zelda game. Awful, awful! Zelda U will have to be some abomination for it to steal that crown. I'm not sure that we'll see Zelda U before E3. Maybe a small teaser but that's all.


  • Registered Users Posts: 19,614 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie


    I can't understand how anyone wouldn't love Skyward Sword (after the first 2 hours).


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss


    Maybe it is because I returned to Wind Waker mode for the few days before Twilight Princess arrived, but my initial reaction to firing up TP HD is a bit "meh".

    I think the toon graphics in Wind Waker have aged much better and the initial WW soundtrack is great. I've only just played all of five minutes of the TP, but so far....well, I'll give it time. I've only just saddled up Epona after all.

    The chart placing is also indicative of so much pent up demand from Wii U owners. Can you imagine the kind of numbers Zelda U would get?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1


    Really enjoying twilight princess HD, I hate skyward sword. Think its easily the worst zelda, not including those CDi ones or the NES ones.


  • Registered Users Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger


    Received my special edition today and have a brand new Samsung 32" Full HD Telly in the bedroom to play it on, can't wait.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid


    What don't people like about Skyward Sword? Zelda 2 on the NES is the only main series Zelda game I don't like and haven't finished.

    I love the rest, and can't wait to replay Twilight Princess. I've been listening to the cd that came with it and it's bringing back so many good memories.


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord


    My guess is motion controls.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1


    Motion controls and Fi basically ruin the game for me.


  • Registered Users Posts: 16,938 ✭✭✭✭sligeach


    Star Lord wrote: »
    My guess is motion controls.

    The motion controls other than the incessant recalibrating were one of the few redeeming features of the game.

    If anybody's interested I can give you a list as long as my arm why the game is so bad.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio


    sligeach wrote: »
    The motion controls other than the incessant recalibrating were one of the few redeeming features of the game.

    If anybody's interested I can give you a list as long as my arm why the game is so bad.

    I would say your numerous other posts about it would probably suffice :pac:


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright


    Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I can't understand how anyone wouldn't love Skyward Sword (after the first 2 hours).

    Skyward Sword is absolutely beautiful and one of my favourite entries; far superior to the extremely ugly, furry nonsense that is TP (barring Snowpeak dungeon, which is a highlight of the series). A damn shame it had all that filler in it. What were they thinking? It's 100 times worse/time consuming as WW's triforce quest.
    Motion controls and Fi basically ruin the game for me.

    Fi over Midna every day of the week. Much better design, much less annoying character in general; Midna's '2edgy4me' shtick gets old super quick.


  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord


    Wright wrote: »
    Fi over Midna every day of the week. Much better design, much less annoying character in general; Midna's '2edgy4me' shtick gets old super quick.

    Ah now! Fi was great (when your batteries weren't low) but Midna had so much more character!


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright


    Star Lord wrote: »
    Ah now! Fi was great (when your batteries weren't low) but Midna had so much more character!

    So does Donald Trump, but he's still an arsehole :pac:


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,579 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn


    With regard to Skyward Sword, it would appear to be the last of the home console LoZ games that hasn't had a HD/3D remaster, aside from the NES games that started it all.
    A remade Skyward Sword, motion controls begone, with a HD refresh of the visuals, certainly a better have than the original.
    The wide open spaces of the title might make it better suited though for a New 3DS game, however...


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy


    I'm trying to remember is it this game or Okami that has a part where you
    have to get across a broken bridge and sees you down on the river bank below the bridge
    ? It's just in my head but can't remember which it is.

    My copy of Twilight Princess is in the parcel depot so will get it at lunch. And now I want to play Okami again as well. Think I'll get a Move to play my PS3 copy since already played the Wii version.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright


    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The wide open spaces of the title might make it better suited though for a New 3DS game, however...

    :pac:


  • Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,579 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn


    CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm trying to remember is it this game or Okami that has a part where you
    have to get across a broken bridge and sees you down on the river bank below the bridge
    ? It's just in my head but can't remember which it is.

    My copy of Twilight Princess is in the parcel depot so will get it at lunch. And now I want to play Okami again as well. Think I'll get a Move to play my PS3 copy since already played the Wii version.

    Okami, the best non-Zelda Zelda game ever!
    I have it on PS2 and Wii, and the DS sequel, must get the HD version for the PS3.
    I know you can easily download it for pittance from the PS Store, €13.99, but I'd rather a physical copy though that's an import job from Asia.


Advertisement