Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Preordered yesterday from both Smyths and amazon. Wish I preordered from amazon before now though since they dropped in price temporarily recently. But will decide closer the time where to get it from dependent on if the price dropped and/or exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 16,356 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

AONUMA BEGINS DISCUSSING TWILIGHT PRINCESS HD VIA TWITTER, MORE POSTS TO COME
    malo-twilight-princess.jpg

“Hello, this is Aonuma. This year the world of Twilight returns in HD after 10 years. From today we’d like to introduce information on Twilight Princess for a while.

Twilight Princess is a story about the 2 worlds of ‘Light’ and ‘Darkness’. The game’s scale was getting bigger, and at the early stages of the original [GameCube version], we drew a lot of setting scenes. We also plan to publish [things like] discussions and [hidden] treasured images at times, so please look forward to them!

The introductions from now on will be brought by Malo who appears in this game. Malo, I’m leaving it to you!

…I’m Malo. I may look like this, but I’m the owner of ‘Malo Mart’, the hero of prices. …I won’t forgive you if you think I’m a child and ridicule me [because of that]…”

http://gonintendo.com/stories/250368-aonuma-begins-discussing-twilight-princess-hd-via-twitter-more-p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

"First off, this new dungeon is accessible in "certain places" and sounds like more of a challenge mode. Entitled "Thorough Battle: Trial of the Beast", those who finish this gauntlet with a full Giant Wallet of 1k rupees will receive the Bottomless Wallet granting access for up to 9999 rupees.

More enticingly, you'll be able to use the Wolf Link Amiibo to recover the amount of hearts you had left over when you completed the Trial of the Beast.

Other Amiibo will also have perks in Twilight Princess HD. Link and Toon Link will fully replenish arrows, Zelda and Sheik will do the same with hearts, and the Ganondorf Amiibo grants double damage. Each of these can only be used once a day though."

Source: Eurogamer

I don't like this at all. It's locking content already on the disc behind a paywall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    I don't like this at all. It's locking content already on the disc behind a paywall.

Well, seeing as this has been your opinion of the Amiibo scene since you first commented on it, I don't think it needs repeating man.

We know you don't like the feature, move on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Scanning the Ganondorf amiibo makes you take twice as much damage. That's fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Scanning the Ganondorf amiibo makes you take twice as much damage. That's fantastic!

Is it not that your attacks do twice as much damage? Or did I read it wrong?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, seeing as this has been your opinion of the Amiibo scene since you first commented on it, I don't think it needs repeating man.

We know you don't like the feature, move on

Disappointed by that comment. Nothing wrong with what I wrote. I must never say anything about amiibo in a new game? This affects 2 games with no alternative, never mind paying for the likes of arrows(a line of code). My comment is fair game, without being offensive, which it does deserve.

Deano7788 wrote: »
    Is it not that your attacks do twice as much damage? Or did I read it wrong?

Nope, you take double damage. Ganondorf screws you over. Full amiibo trailer:

Twilight Princess head to head graphics comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Nope, you take double damage. Ganondorf screws you over. Full amiibo trailer:

Ah cool, I had just read the Eurogamer article that mentioned double damage, hadn't seen the video till now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    Disappointed by that comment. Nothing wrong with what I wrote. I must never say anything about amiibo in a new game? This affects 2 games with no alternative, never mind paying for the likes of arrows(a line of code). My comment is fair game, without being offensive, which it does deserve.

Yes, but everytime Amiibo is mentioned in a game you roll out the same commentaries about paywalls and Nintendo being unfair, yet again.

You can, of course, make any comments you like, as long as they abide by the site rules.
    But, conversely, you have to expect people to react to what you say, and those responses aren't always going to agree with you, raising the fact that you have made very similar comments in the past is also fair game.

I find myself reminded, on a regular basis, by posters about several habits of mine.
    Not all the time, but often enough.
    And that's fair game too.

This is not the site to be on to expect everyone to simply agree with each other, respect for each other extends to how we deal with constructive criticism, which was my initial post to you.

Currently £39.99 on amazon for the bundle

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Currently £39.99 on amazon for the bundle

Won't deliver to Ireland. With Parcel Motel it's about the same price as thegamecollection. It's a good deal if you're British.

Can't see the bundle on tgc's site. Maybe they stopped taking preorders

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Pre ordered the special edition off amazon :)

There's gyroscope aiming in TP HD and you only need tap the gamepad to transform between wolf and normal Link.

Nintendo Minute with ten minutes of gameplay footage:

No!!! Please remove that video. I f***ing hate them. They're clueless and fake. Must find alternate video source. I refuse to acknowledge their existence and haven't watched their videos in years.

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Head-to-Head Comparison p3 (Wii U vs. Wii, GameCube - Nintendo Minute)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCj5CtydyU

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

The Zelda Amiibo bundle is up again on TheGameCollection for £41.95 + £2 for delivery to ireland works out around 58 euro

http://www.thegamecollection.net/the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-hd-plus-amiibo-plus-soundtrack-cd-wii-u.html

• Advertisement

Nintendo's daily Tweet from the Japanese Zelda Twitter account. It shows some concept art of Midna.

Here's some more.
    midna-concept-artwork.jpg

Looks like Amazon are now able to deliver the Amiibo bundle to Ireland, but not the standalone.

Looking at still images of the new trailer on neogaf isn't really a good thing. Seems some HD models don't look right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

That's a nice trailer. I always loved the music in this game. I really like that edited track from the end of the trailer. Which reminds me of something but won't happen unfortunately, the game should be fully orchestrated.

Videos from the Japanese TP website which just opened.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/azaj/index.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=90&v=rrkCvdjzeMc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqyD0rYXo0g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMp-pwpAQL4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZln_D83Mus

GamePad

- controlling items with the gyro sensor is confirmed
    - view the whole map of a dungeon while inside one
    - freely move the camera angle with the right stick
    - off-TV play

Miiverse stamps

- 50 in total
    - consist of Hyrule alphabets and the emotional faces of Link and others
    - post directly to Miiverse from in-game

Hard mode

- world is mirrored
    - Link receives twice as much damage

Wolf Link amiibo

- put in a record number of your adventure on the figure
    - scan on the title screen and skip save data selection and instantly start the game
    - some sort of checkpoint system that lets you jump to different parts of the gam

Ghost Torch

- used on Poes
    - allows you to pinpoint their position even during the day

Finally, it's also worth noting that basic action movements like horse riding and swimming are being improved. There's also some areas that are being tweaked in order to make them easier to understand.
    rBHWMgo

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Has it been confirmed that you can use the Pro controller? Or is it to be assumed that it would be standard?

Redlion wrote: »
    Has it been confirmed that you can use the Pro controller? Or is it to be assumed that it would be standard?

I'd say it will most probably have Pro controller support. Also, Nintendo should make it compatible with the Gamecube controller adapter, it is the original control method afterall and I think that it could well happen.

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD file size, Wii U Pro Controller supported

A separate game page on Nintendo's Japanese website offers up a few extra Zelda: Twilight Princess HD details. The game itself is 4509MB, or 4.5GB. It's actually up for pre-load on the Japanese eShop right now. 3 save slots are available for each user, weighing in at 256KB per file. Zelda: Twilight Princess HD will work with the Wii U GamePad, complete with off-TV play. In addition, the Wii U Pro Controller is supported.

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-twilight-princess-hd-file-size-wii-u-pro-controller-supported/

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/titles/20010000019307
    Redlion wrote: »

You have official confirmation now.

[Unboxing] Wolf Link amiibo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIH3LDlj2qo

• Advertisement

I have to say, the first thing I'd be turning off is gyroscope controls, motion controls have never improved a Legend of Zelda game up to now, I don't think they'll help in this case either.
    Pro controller support is welcome, probably wind up being the best way to play the game.
    Interesting that, as a part of hard mode, they've included a mirrored world, given that the Wii version was mirrored in the first place.

Advertisement