Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Speaking of the Wii version, I've had it sitting in its cellophane for a couple of years awhile now, I assume it should be looking at shifting it if this HD version isn't fundamentally screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,356 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Legend of Zelda - Suite (Live with the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrpWBgB6oz8

Not specifically about this game but it needs to heard and appreciated because it's awesome. I hope Zelda U is fully orchestrated.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Game Features Trailer (Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhPpXDw1t3Y

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭EJ22

sligeach wrote: »
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Game Features Trailer (Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhPpXDw1t3Y

As someone who's never played Twilight Princess, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this. roll on 3 weeks!

00000194_03.png

Track listing for the forthcoming The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD’s Sound Selection CD:

1. Title
    2. Teaser Music #1
    3. Ordon Village
    4. Midna’s Theme
    5. Hyrule Field (Main Theme)
    6. Light Spirit
    7. Kakariko Village
    8. Death Mountain
    9. Queen Rutela’s Theme
    10. Lake Hylia
    11. Boss Battle Part 3
    12. Midna’s Desperation
    13. Sacred Grove
    14. Malo Mart
    15. Ilia’s Theme
    16. Hidden Village
    17. Princess Zelda’s Theme
    18. Final Battle Part 4
    19. Staff Roll Part 1
    20. Teaser Music #2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, that's the game ruined for me...
    A final battle, a Hyrule field?
    Didn't see those coming at all ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

What's the likelihood of the limited edition not selling out entirely?

Can't really justify paying for it at the moment but want to pick it up at some point.

What's the likelihood of the limited edition not selling out entirely?

Can't really justify paying for it at the moment but want to pick it up at some point.

I think it's very likely. I think it's overpriced. I preordered it back in November when less was known about it. As footage has come out I've been less than impressed, be it the graphics, the unchanged midi music, charging full price for very little work of a 10 year old game, etc. I cancelled my Smyths pre order this morning, still have it pre ordered with thegamecollection. I'm on the verge of cancelling that as well.

Other amiibo bundles have been cheaper after their release, e.g. Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Party 10 and Splatoon. Project Zero: Maiden of Black Water and Xenoblade Chronicles X were the opposite, going up in price instead but they had small limited production runs and weren't freely available at most retailers. Something that I'm sure won't happen with Twilight Princess.

Zelda: Twilight Princess HD amiibo Bundle Unboxing(American version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GniKyZu_NCg

zelda_30th__a__by_britishvideogamenerd-d9ibq8z.jpg

Zelda is 30 years old exactly today. It released in Japan on the 21st February and it's now that date there.

• Advertisement

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - GameCube & Wii U Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KbfqVU11Rc

This promotional video from Nintendo themselves partly shows why I've cancelled my final pre order from thegamecollection for the amiibo/soundtrack bundle. Well, really I asked them would it be possible and when was the last date to do so. But they went ahead and cancelled it anyway. I'll buy it when it's cheaper as I'm fairly confident it will be sooner or later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

You say that, but Windwaker HD has only got more expensive since launch. First party Nintendo for you.

True but if you look at the recent amiibo bundles they've nearly all gone down in price. I don't think Wind Waker had a massive print run, the Limited Edition certainly didn't. It was weak compared to what Japan got but that's another story. Anyway, I've ordered in now on Zavvi. I just can't make up my mind on it. I don't want to support amiibo or a mediocre effort and charging full price for a remaster. I could just buy the solus game but I want the soundtrack and it's better value for the bundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

American commercial for Tp

Out next week, bloody hell the time flew!!!

I cringed a bit when he said "with enhanced graphics". Technically it's correct but.......meh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

sligeach wrote: »
    I cringed a bit when he said "with enhanced graphics". Technically it's correct but.......meh.

I have never had so much zero interest in a product as this one, well maybe for the recent Animal Crossing titles.
    Problem for me is that the game represents such a marginal improvement over the Wii and GC originals, it should be a budget title bundled with Wind Waker HD at this stage.
    I've become slightly cynical of late, and watching the habit across formats to release HD remasters of titles, at least some have had the decency not to charge full price or release as a collection, like the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus pack for the PS3.
    In fact, Nintendo seem to have forgotten their very own Wind Waker release on the Wii, which included Ocarina of Time and the Master Quest as well, on a bonus disk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

^^ Agreed, it represents poor value (good point about the Wind Waker Wii release featuring OoT & MQ). This needed to be a €30 game, not a full price release. However, us Zelda fans are over a barrel because Ninty know we will buy it, & we will. So the lesson here for any budding Zelda fans is, run, now, while you can...save yourselves...

Didn't wind waker HD release for 45/50? Cheaper than a 65 quid price tag.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD - Launch Trailer (Wii U)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CfW2hpHoNI

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Retrospective – Episode 2: Characters & Story

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au4ZGt1MReA

• Advertisement

Anyone here ordered with The Game Collection and had payment taken yet?

EJ22 wrote: »
    Anyone here ordered with The Game Collection and had payment taken yet?

I have, and no, shouldn't be taken till Wednesday or so, since thats when they'll ship.

I have, and no, shouldn't be taken till Wednesday or so, since thats when they'll ship.

Grand so cheers! first time ordering from them so wasn't sure when they would take it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Would this be the same for Smyths? Payment taken on Wednesday? They say delivery should be on launch day. Do Smyths usually deliver then? Or is it a day or two after release?

Presumably Thursday for Symths? Since it won't have as far to come. Dispatch on Wednesday for TGC, should get it in my parcel motel locker for friday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dunno about delivery with Smyths, I'd imagine it's done at dispatch. I know with collection they only charge you when you pick it up from the shop.

Star Lord wrote: »
    Dunno about delivery with Smyths, I'd imagine it's done at dispatch. I know with collection they only charge you when you pick it up from the shop.

Sound, thanks for that. My Smyths is only up the road from me but I won't get to the store on the day so hopefully that all works out for Friday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've ordered from Smyths for instore pickup but also ordered from Amazon. So was wondering can you cancel the Smyths order online?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've ordered from Smyths for instore pickup but also ordered from Amazon. So was wondering can you cancel the Smyths order online?

You can, but you have to request it on the site. It's a bloody pain as it all depends how long it takes them to reply to your cancellation request. Do it now if you want to cancel.

They really should just have a cancel button.

• Advertisement

I find cancelling smyths orders was easy peasy. I clicked 'request cancellation' or whatever the button is, no bother.

30 pounds for twilight princess is less than 40 euro, plus parcel motel is less than 45 euro, so I'm happy enough.

Advertisement