Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

AddressPal refused a parcel for me before due to size restrictions and it was given bacl to dpd and all went smoothly. What I am worried about is. When you get requested to pay the customs charges has it already arrived in Ireland? When refused An Post can charge you to send it back to sender. Then what if it goes missing. Then what if it takes over a month to get back to the seller. What are the returns policies for this item. 14 day cooling off period might not work due to delays. You could end up paying more or it could work out perfect. It's a risk I wouldn't be willing to take.

14 days cooling off period doesn't exist anymore for the UK........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Hi all
    bought an exercise bench from Amazon just before Christmas in the hope that it would reach AddressPal before Brexit kicked in but no luck. It cost me 80 euro but today I got an email requesting approx 130 in charges! They priced it at 450 euro and I've been trying to ring all day but after 30 mins I hang up. Has anyone had an issue like this with them?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Go back a page and a half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭bungaro79

I did read over the last few pages, just wanted to see if anyone had any update on if they were able to resolve it without sending the items back.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

whiterebel wrote: »
    14 days cooling off period doesn't exist anymore for the UK........

Thanks for that, but he bought the item before the 1st of January so should still be valid as a contract was made. I am sure the UK will have a similar "cooling off period" for their people. Usually better customer service than Ireland/eu.

• Advertisement

bungaro79 wrote: »
    Hi all
    bought an exercise bench from Amazon just before Christmas in the hope that it would reach AddressPal before Brexit kicked in but no luck. It cost me 80 euro but today I got an email requesting approx 130 in charges! They priced it at 450 euro and I've been trying to ring all day but after 30 mins I hang up. Has anyone had an issue like this with them?

That's crazy, I am amazed at that. Now I do know that Amazon never has an invoice in the box of items purchased so someone did a very bad guess.

Now what you can do is contact the Customs queries helpline on 01-7383685 and I think press 7 in your case.

My wife rang them today and they answered straight away.

Let us know how you get on.

Hi all

Also bear in mind Amazon collect's Irish vat usually so you shouldn't be paying anything really as it's not over the €150 for customs duty.

You should pay zero euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jackos2500

Well my earbuds have arrived with AddressPal at last, have been charged the €6.50 but nothing about VAT / customs yet - I assume this bit comes later when An Post / customs themselves get their hands on it...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭bo0li5eumx12kp

jackos2500 wrote: »
    Well my earbuds have arrived with AddressPal at last, have been charged the €6.50 but nothing about VAT / customs yet - I assume this bit comes later when An Post / customs themselves get their hands on it...

"At last" being how long?

1 week and my parcel not even registered as being received yet, even though royal mail tracking have it "signed for" by an "X1".

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Fwarder

I did read over the last few pages, just wanted to see if anyone had any update on if they were able to resolve it without sending the items back.

Hahaha...at least I'm not alone with those random item fee appraisals..whole day I spent on an post and customs.

I bought 2nd hand made in england ancient tool from ebay and got item appraised for 5x the price.

Conclusion: they told me to pay the customs in order to get the item (otherwise you ain't getting it) and then to touch base again with customs officers/agents once I have the item and attach all the paperwork etc.

I paid the customs and they released the item immediately and now I'm waiting for the delivery...I'll update ya folks here on how the "refund" goes...

My guess at this stage is that addresspal folks attached random value to the item before shipping it overseas without consulting us at all. So if that's the case, I'll be really pissed off that...and by the looks of it I'm not going to be the only one.

I've tried googling the value of my item and even if i tried couldn't get nowhere near their appraisal which was (surprise, surprise) couple of euro over the duty limit...which is funny again because I though there was no duty on items that are originating from the UK (this one has massive Made in Birmingham stamped on it) but oh well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 jackos2500

1 week and my parcel not even registered as being received yet, even though royal mail tracking have it "signed for" by an "X1".

A week, they were delivered on Monday morning (got email saying AddressPal had it just a couple of hours ago, tracking now shows it's in Heathrow apparently).

jackos2500 wrote: »
    A week, they were delivered on Monday morning (got email saying AddressPal had it just a couple of hours ago, tracking now shows it's in Heathrow apparently).

Please bear in mind Heathrow covers everything...from it actually being in Heathrow to it sitting idle waiting for customs in Dublin :D the only folks who can tell you where your parcel actually is is the cust.service.

I have few more items but from now on I'll be ordering either from the mainland Europe or directly from the UK (to avoid AddressPal)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Literally same boat as you here's my royal mail screenshot, I can't even ask a refund from the seller since royal mail delivered it to Hatfield

Now in limbo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

5star02707 wrote: »
    Literally same boat as you here's my royal mail screenshot, I can't even ask a refund from the seller since royal mail delivered it to Hatfield

Now in limbo

sounds like you left it to near the deadline date when you ordered.

bassy wrote: »
    sounds like you left it to near the deadline date when you ordered.

The delays in UK made it that late should've been delivered waaay earlier but royal mail took its time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭bassy

The delays in UK made it that late should've been delivered waaay earlier but royal mail took its time

i feel for you m8

• Registered Users Posts: 21 kogrady

Now in limbo

I rang them last week about a similar issue they told me all items received on or before 31/12 have been sent to Ireland and will be pricessed in Ireland so they don’t face any extra fees so based on that you should be ok

Another user on here also confirmed the same with them
    So it’s jist a matter of waiting for them to get through the 2020 parcels (which are probably in containers and no order whatsoever )

My item was received 24/12 for home delivery , it turned up at my local post office on 5th January even though it should of been a home delivery

kogrady wrote: »
    I rang them last week about a similar issue they told me all items received on or before 31/12 have been sent to Ireland and will be pricessed in Ireland so they don’t face any extra fees so based on that you should be ok

Another user on here also confirmed the same with them
    So it’s jist a matter of waiting for them to get through the 2020 parcels (which are probably in containers and no order whatsoever )

My item was received 24/12 for home delivery , it turned up at my local post office on 5th January even though it should of been a home delivery

In the tracking they gave you is the first update from London or Dublin?

In the tracking they gave you is the first update from London or Dublin?

They sent mine to the post office (even though it was a home delivery) so no tracking was received
    The lady I spoke to told me all AP received up to
    and including 31/12 would be processed in Dublin
    It should be ok just a matter of waiting for them getting through the stockpile

They sent mine to the post office (even though it was a home delivery) so no tracking was received
    The lady I spoke to told me all AP received up to
    and including 31/12 would be processed in Dublin
    It should be ok just a matter of waiting for them getting through the stockpile

How did you know your parcel is ready for collection? All up in the air right now and yes just have to be patient. I'm only concerned because it's not in their system yet.

• Advertisement

How did you know your parcel is ready for collection? All up in the air right now and yes just have to be patient. I'm only concerned because it's not in their system yet.

I got text and email telling me it was there but the seller hadn’t put my APW number on
    If yours is home delivery you’ll get an email with the tracking once they have processed it on their system
    I would give it a few more days and if you still haven’t heard them, give them a call but it takes a long time for them to answer
    When you email they never reply
    When I rang she raised the issue with their warehouse and I got a personal email reply a couple of days later (the day after I had collected it from the post office!)
    If you do end up phoning them it helps if you know what the package looked like and have the UK tracking number to hand too as they take those details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

So is the an post handling fee 10€ or 3.50€? Someone told me earlier it might be 3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭styron

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    So is the an post handling fee 10€ or 3.50€? Someone told me earlier it might be 3.50

LntGtGW.png
    https://www.anpost.com/customs

I've seen references to €3.50 but as the EU are trying to kill off "DIY imports" from July and make the big non-EU platforms collect and pay the tax directly themselves - a bit perverse to reduce punitive charges on every intercepted package.

I got text and email telling me it was there but the seller hadn’t put my APW number on
    If yours is home delivery you’ll get an email with the tracking once they have processed it on their system
    I would give it a few more days and if you still haven’t heard them, give them a call but it takes a long time for them to answer
    When you email they never reply
    When I rang she raised the issue with their warehouse and I got a personal email reply a couple of days later (the day after I had collected it from the post office!)
    If you do end up phoning them it helps if you know what the package looked like and have the UK tracking number to hand too as they take those details

I've already contacted them and supplied the UK tracking number from Royal mail. Yeah they don't reply immediately. Still waiting for their reply now. Cheers all the best.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Anyone know what they're doing with food ingredients etc- aka are they looking up customs codes etc and trying to figure cad é an scéil faoi, or sending them to Ireland where they are sitting in a mad cage down in Portlaoise or somewhere? I have a delivery which has vanished into a black hole.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone know what they're doing with food ingredients etc- aka are they looking up customs codes etc and trying to figure cad é an scéil faoi, or sending them to Ireland where they are sitting in a mad cage down in Portlaoise or somewhere? I have a delivery which has vanished into a black hole.
    There are strict weight limits on some classes of foodstuffs which can be brought into the Single Market without additional paperwork so I could imagine the package might have to go through detailed customs checks involving separating out all the contents.

Quackster wrote: »
    There are strict weight limits on some classes of foodstuffs which can be brought into the Single Market without additional paperwork so I could imagine the package might have to go through detailed customs checks involving separating out all the contents.

Siucre. My 9 year with Crohns is on a limited diet, and one of the items that she is addicted to, which is missing is 4 boxes of these: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOXS-MILK-CHOCOLATE-VIENNESE-24-X-120G-PACKS-2-BOX/362977743781

Hi all, so AddressPal folks in UK determine the item value for you. Without asking or anything else. That's a real dick move from them.

So unless you have a receipt with your item AddressPal folks will give it a random value.

Crazy **** happening :D

Good luck everyone with customs.

Fwarder wrote: »
    Hi all, so AddressPal folks in UK determine the item value for you. Without asking or anything else. That's a real dick move from them.

So unless you have a receipt with your item AddressPal folks will give it a random value.

Crazy **** happening :D

Good luck everyone with customs.

FFS.

• Advertisement

FFS.

My words exactly. That is as poor service from their side as it comes.

Of course customer service doesn't work today so I guess we'll find out more on Monday morning what's the story there.

The whole parcel was opened and glued back by addresspal folks (address pal tape all over the place)

Advertisement