Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I think so! But it is full of crap chemicals to take the alcohol out unfortunately.

My boy went for broke last night and woke every hour. Just to hear my voice. I've been sick twice already this mornign. Feel like crap!

Can't wait for my husband to come back tonight. ive no I tentions of leaving my bed tonight or getting up with them in the mornign lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

I've been using Bio Oil after the shower for the last month. I know its supposed to be for fading stretch marks, but the packet also recommends you use it during pregnancy. No harm, sure. I usually use almond or coconut oil after the shower anyways, so adding a bit of Bio Oil makes no difference.

I've had one non-alcoholic beer, it was grand, no one took any notice. I've also had glasses of tonic water instead of G&T, and glasses of sparkling water instead of vodka & soda.

I've noticed that people really don't take any notice what you are having so long as it keeps flowing for them, and you're not empty handed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Virgin mojitos are also a great (and refreshing) pseudo-cocktail!

Actually - here's one I'm trying to get around. A group of friends are going to a friends house for dinner this weekend. Its a sit down meal in someone's house.

Its not like a pub situation where I can get my own non-alcoholic versions of drinks, or if I was with my hubby, he could swap our drinks every now and then. But its a girls night, none of whom know I'm pregnant yet. If it was my own house, I could pour myself non-alcoholic beers/grape juice or whatever. If it was a non-dinner party, I could also get away with holding glasses and leaving them down, walking around and mingling.

But here, there will be about 10 of us, bottles of wine will plonked on the table, and everyone is drinking from the same stash.

They will definitely notice if I'm not filling up. I'm not sure how to pretend to be drinking in this situation. I was off booze for all of November, so they will definitely cop if I'm not drinking again. Ill be just shy of 11 weeks, and would like to wait until my scan (30th) before telling them all.

Had a scan in the doctors this morning! (nearly said 'vets' there) all is grand. She could see the sac, heartbeat etc. Great to have the confirmation, so it's not just all in my head!

My bloody nipples are KILLING me. Every time the wee fella latches on, it's pretty sore. Has anyone tried these 'silverette' thingies? Might give them a whirl. AND... My KINGDOM FOR A POOP. Please Santa, can I have a poo for Christmas?

The poor doggie is very sick, hasn't eaten in a week - and she's in the vets every day on IV electrolytes & fluids. Hopefully she perks up soon!

• Advertisement

They will definitely notice if I'm not filling up. I'm not sure how to pretend to be drinking in this situation. I was off booze for all of November, so they will definitely cop if I'm not drinking again. Ill be just shy of 11 weeks, and would like to wait until my scan (30th) before telling them all.

Hm, that's going to be a tough one! I just put the glass up to my lips and pretended to take a sip, but never drank. Is there somehow you could dump some (sit beside a potted plant?!) or carry it around with you? If you drank red, you could 'hold it' to make it warmer, and chuck some down the sink and make a big hullabaloo of refilling it & everyone's glasses. Also if you let the red wine stain your lips with the 'fake' sipping, it would look more authentic!

Regarding the party, either I'd bring the car and not drink, citing some possible event that may require immediate departure ( taxis will be a nightmare to get over xmas)

Or I'd just tell them. I personally don't see the problem in telling people in the early stages, but I've had experiences of both miscarriages and a healthy pregnancy.

Also the fact that I'm pregnant again is unlikely to surprise anyone!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I'd just tell them, I am also not bothered about telling people, especially so close to 12 weeks (which I am next week!!!! Yippee!). But everyone is different and maybe just bring the car as dori-dormer suggested.

I am telling my nephew to roof as he's coming to stay the night. He's the only immediate family who doesn't know, his mom wanted to wait! I'm exhausted this week, work so busy and I know be over done it too! Cannot wait until Christmas Eve is over!

Was trying on dresses yesterday ( I actually did some xmas shopping! And I think I crossed 20% of people off my list yay!) saw a lovely black dress. I don't own anything black at all. My eyes just scoot past the colour! Anyway hubby has been at me to get a simple black dress as I'm always complaining I dont have one. I try it on, and he says to me ' everyone will know your pregnnat the second you walk in the room!' Looked in the mirror and I have a bump! Ahh! Feck! Tried on a different one and it doesn't accentuate the bump as much thankfully!

He's also been talking about extending our stay in Germany by 6 months which would mean having baba here. There go all my plans of first aid courses, gentle birth courses etc. would need to hire a translator/doula here. All our baby/pregnancy stuff is in storage. Ugh stress. I hate that his company move /promote everyone in March so all the talk starts right before xmas! I can't keep my mouth shut on options all through xmas!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had a routine doctors appointment this morning. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat with the dongle! It was really strong and the doctor was very happy with it! :)

Now 12 weeks and he's said its ok to go start Pilates whenever I want! I won't be starting until January when the next course starts. I'm looking forward to starting to exercise again. I've done nothing since I found out I am pregnant! My energy is starting to improve again, so I'll hopefully get out walking too.

Need to get through this hard, long working week first! Roll on Christmas day! :)

• Advertisement

Stay healthy over xmas!
    We are back in ireland. It's been a mental 2 days. My boy is just hyper as hell and there's just so much toys and excitement and new things and people! I'm wrecked!

Thought I wanted a meatball sub but I took 2 bites and felt sick :( still very sick every day. Roll on xmas Eve and 12 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Went for my 12 week scan today. It was amazing seeing my wee baby moving about and punching with its arms. It makes all the sickness worth while. Great for the hubby to see too. Have a great Christmas everyone

Cerocco wrote: »
    Went for my 12 week scan today. It was amazing seeing my wee baby moving about and punching with its arms. It makes all the sickness worth while. Great for the hubby to see too. Have a great Christmas everyone

awh that's lovely! I had to reschedule mine, it was meant to be tomorrow, but we are both far too busy with work so we have it on the 6th Jan instead. I can't wait for it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Teeley

Hi everyone..I'm also due in July! 12weeks today!..first few weeks after positive test dragged but now they're flying!
    Had our 12 wk (11wk 4d) scan last Monday..all good! Baby very active!..crazy the details they can see when baby only 5cm long.
    I've been very lucky..very little nausea. Only strange thing is that I'm fairly wrecked most days even after 8-9hr sleep nut then every 4th night or so I'm an insomniac..hence the late night post!!
    Anyway wishing all a very Happy Christmas and lots of fun sharing our great news with family and friends!!

Teeley wrote: »
    Hi everyone..I'm also due in July! 12weeks today!..first few weeks after positive test dragged but now they're flying!
    Had our 12 wk (11wk 4d) scan last Monday..all good! Baby very active!..crazy the details they can see when baby only 5cm long.
    I've been very lucky..very little nausea. Only strange thing is that I'm fairly wrecked most days even after 8-9hr sleep nut then every 4th night or so I'm an insomniac..hence the late night post!!
    Anyway wishing all a very Happy Christmas and lots of fun sharing our great news with family and friends!!

Congratulations! And welcome to the club!

Up late as I was sick just before I was about to head to bed :(
    I was drinking water to wash down vitamins and I gagged and ended up throwing up loads :(
    I didnt feel great last night either, and a bit off this morning, but was fine today. I was so busy I work I barely had time to stop. Then ended up eating dinner very late tonight, which mustn't have helped!
    Not too happy about it but hoping it's passed now! Have another long day tomorrow! Happy Christmas ladies!

12 weeks today! My baby is the size of a plum apparently! :)

Today is the first day I've felt very queasy. I'm supposed to be having lunch with my dad :(

Told my aunt the news yesterday and it was so nice to share the excitement!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas!

when would you usually start having a feeling of the baby moving? I know it can be flutters at the beginning, but generally when does that start?

Feeling a bit better today, been eating small amounts and won't bother making a dinner, will just have something small after work. I'm so tired today, and hopefully won't be in work too late. Looking forward to relaxing tomorrow!

Happy Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I felt tiny almost scratchy flutters from 16 weeks, maybe every 3-5 days to begin with. I remember a nurse asking at 19 weeks if I was feeling 9-10 movements a day or something and I laughed at her and said no sure I'm only 19 weeks so it obviously wasn't regular by then. By 30 weeks I was nearly weeping with the constant forceful movements making my stomach lurch!

I think I remember being certain at 19 weeks that the flutters were actually the baby, and not gas etc lol! And I'd only feel them while lying still in bed at night. Think it was def a few more weeks after that before there was anything really obvious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Anyone else find that their abdominal muscles are tight all the time? I find I have to concentrate to relax them

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Cerocco wrote: »
    Anyone else find that their abdominal muscles are tight all the time? I find I have to concentrate to relax them

Absolutely. I was just popping in here to say this myself. Feels like I'm tensing all the time, keep trying to relax my stomach. Good to hear I'm not alone, i was getting a little worried!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

I have to bow out of this thread. I lost our baby at 11wks. We went over to my husbands home country for Christmas and I lost the baby on the 21st of December.

I want to wish you all the best and healthy babies and pregnancies. I'll be reading the thread and keeping up with all you lovely ladies.

x

I have to bow out of this thread. I lost our baby at 11wks. We went over to my husbands home country for Christmas and I lost the baby on the 21st of December.

I want to wish you all the best and healthy babies and pregnancies. I'll be reading the thread and keeping up with all you lovely ladies.

x

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that :( Mind yourself and the very best of luck for the future x

x

Oh no that's so sad I'm so sorry. And such a hard time over christmas and abroad etc too.

Mind yourself hugs x

So how did everyone get on over xmas and new year?
    Who told family and friends? Who fake drank through the festivities lol?

I told all the relatives, all seemed happy enough! Big discussions over whether we'd have the baby in irelnad or germany but we won't know any of that for a few more weeks. My mother only started driving me insane the day before we left so that worked out grand.
    Felt very nauseous most mornings until 11 but managed to not get sick on the whole trip.

Was 13 weeks on thurs and Have my nunchal scan thing on the 8th at 14+1, which is a smidge late but it's the best they can do as a lot of places are closed from the 24-7th jan

I had my first scan on Wednesday. We were so terrified going in, but all was totally fine. Baby was happy out in there, dancing away, the image was so clear, I could even make out the fingers and toes! The nurse said it was rare to be able to see the baby so clearly, and was able to give me tons of photos. All weights, measurements, fluids, etc as they should be. Such a relief!b it all feels so much more real now. I keep picturing the bubba in there dancing away. I didn't want her to turn off the machine, could have kept watching it forever. Can't wait to see him/her again on 1st march.

Was tired a lot over Christmas, but the break was a great opportunity to rest up and nap as much as I wanted. I threw a NYE party the other night, which went on until stupid o'clock. Finally pushed the last revellers out the door after 5am. Was sick then yesterday, sleeping on the couch all day, headache, nauseous, and vomiting for the first time in this pregnancy. Lesson learnt - I'm not a teenager anymore, and neither is the bubba.

I told the girls when we were all out to dinner a ciuple of days before Christmas. I wasn't quite 12 weeks at that stage, but close enough. Then we told other friends, and extended family (we had already told our immediate families) as we saw them. It was a lovely time for celebrations.

I had to work over Christmas, had a few days off here & there, and my husband covered a lot for me, so I could go home earlier and relax. I am still pretty tired, but I do think its lifting a bit. I am starting to fall asleep on the couch at night earlier & earlier!

We have our scan on Wednesday, I'll be 14 weeks exactly on that day. I can't wait for it now. My husband wants to know the sex, I am not sure, but knowing me I'll give in! I don't know are they able to tell at 14 weeks??

We found out at 15 weeks last time, but scan was really clear and doc was certain (we were in Israel) . I'm not sure if hospitals will tell you anymore in case they are wrong. I think you may have to do a private scan around 20 weeks in ireland to find out.

I'm hoping our doc can tell at 14 weeks, otherwise our next scan isn't til 18 and I hate not knowing lol!

I was glad finding out because my husband kept saying he thought it was a girl and I got my hopes up. Would rather be a smidge disappointed at 15 weeks than when the baby is plonked in my arms for the first time.

Can't believe how much I'm hoping for a girl again, but I think I'm very emotional at the mo still! Will be happy with a boy, but since this is def my last pregnancy I'd love one of each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

I'm still hanging in here at 10 weeks + 4 days! Told immediate family at Christmas time, no point not telling them.

Bit annoyed at my best friend who promptly turn around and told her dad - I haven't even told my aunts and uncles yet. Then cos I gave out about my sister and my SIL chatting away in the local shop about it - she gave out to me! It's so annoying - damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Think OH is getting little carried away with himself - he's so excited. I've my next scan in 5 days - I'm really nervous about it. They are pretty good about scans here - can't wait to see bean again.

Advertisement