Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

I can still go for a private scan with the fertility clinic I am with, its just I have to pay for it, but we might do it anyway as a Christmas pressie to us :)
    My family all know anyway, and a couple of close friends, mainly because they all knew we were doing fertility treatment. I won't be going out over Christmas anyway, always too busy with work to have any fun! The only person in my family who doesn't know is my nephew, so we'll tell him at Christmas :)

My GP will do a scan, if you're in the Dublin area? Just the cost of a GP visit (€48) you'd prob need to book in a week in advance though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

now I have a craving for Hola Hoops!! ;)

I actually made my hubby drive me to McDonalds after work Wed night as I was dying for a milkshake! I never have them usually, and rarely eat McDonalds, but I was really craving a chocolate milkshake! I ended up getting chips too! So nice :)

I had mc Donald's last night too! It's never as nice as I imagine it will be tho :(. Also had a choc shake but I don't think my body likes dairy at the mo!

Glad your Maccy D's was better!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

olaola wrote: »
    My GP will do a scan, if you're in the Dublin area? Just the cost of a GP visit (€48) you'd prob need to book in a week in advance though?

Bit far for me, I'm in Tralee! I am getting one done on the 6th Jan so I'll manage to wait until then. I had an early one at almost 7 weeks, which was great :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I had mc Donald's last night too! It's never as nice as I imagine it will be tho :(. Also had a choc shake but I don't think my body likes dairy at the mo!

Glad your Maccy D's was better!

My husband's face when I said please bring me up to McD's! He just looked at me in disbelief and a sense of 'oh no, here we go'...and its only week 9! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Salt and vinegar hula hoops saved my life many times in the first two trimesters, I never ate salt and vinegar til then.

I'm not one for unnecessarily avoiding foods in pregnancy but don't have the McD's milkshake too often, soft serve icecream isn't recommended in pregnancy due to the listeria risk in those machines. Stick to tubs from the freezer section most of the time if you can :) I found a few scoops of Ben & Jerry's perfect for heartburn later on :D

• Advertisement

Ah feck I forgot they use the bloody soft serve stuff for the shake! Dammit!

Nothing in McD's is made nicely, even the icecream!! :D

oh never knew that! does that mean any ice-cream from machines, such as a 99 are a no no too? :(

I need to get a tub of ice-cream, forgot to buy some when in supermarket this eve!

In fact, I could just make my own milk-shakes...Like I used to when I was a young one! :)

Yeah its cos it's sitting around for ages and not cleaned regularly (well you have no idea when it was last cleaned) damn listeria!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Can someone explaine listeria to me. Is it that I can get food poisoning and possibly miscarry due to the sickness or does listeria itself harm the fetus?

• Advertisement

http://http://www.babycenter.com/0_listeriosis-during-pregnancy_9528.bc

This is pretty straight forward explanation. It's pretty much the only thing I take seriously food wise when pregnant

http://http://www.babycenter.com/0_listeriosis-during-pregnancy_9528.bc

This is pretty straight forward explanation. It's pretty much the only thing I take seriously food wise when pregnant

Yep same here. I ate and drank many things in small amounts but I did avoid things with a listeria risk completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The shakes in Eddie Rockets are made with regular ice cream, if you want to avoid the soft serve stuff. But saying that, if you were to get a whippy ice cream, McD's would probably be the safest!

olaola wrote: »
    The shakes in Eddie Rockets are made with regular ice cream, if you want to avoid the soft serve stuff. But saying that, if you were to get a whippy ice cream, McD's would probably be the safest!

Oh my God Eddie rockets shakes are to die for! Now I need one!!

Dammit there is no Eddie rockets in Germany! I had a nap today, as we attempted some xmas shopping this morning, and I dreamt of nandos. No nandos here either. Also they don't have meatball marina in the subways! Like what's the point in having subway at all here!?
    My mum rang earlier and we spent an hour talking about xmas food....
    I'm going to get so fat over xmas......

Dammit there is no Eddie rockets in Germany! I had a nap today, as we attempted some xmas shopping this morning, and I dreamt of nandos. No nandos here either. Also they don't have meatball marina in the subways! Like what's the point in having subway at all here!?
    My mum rang earlier and we spent an hour talking about xmas food....
    I'm going to get so fat over xmas......

there is only one Eddie Rockets in Kerry, its in Killarney, 25 mins away from me! But the weather is too bad at the moment to be driving all that way to get a milk shake! lol

I bought a block of HB vanilla ice-cream earlier & I have chocolate sauce in the cupboard, so I am going to attempt making a milk-shake myself! Its been years since I've done it!

I'm so glad I actually only have to wait 2 weeks to indulge in my fave foods. If this was sept or somethign the rage would be taking over. It's weird that this is the first country we've ever lived in that doesn't really have any great snack food.
    In the US I loved a special pizza crust in dominos, they don't do it anywhere else I've seen, can't even remember the name now sadly. And they have pretzel m&ms. Israel had falafel and chocolate bamba. Germany sucks :(

My mam lives in South dublin, and mil right next to blanchardstown shopping centre. So basically all the bad food I need is nearly within walking distance. Can't wait for a 3 in 1 or spice bag from the Chinese! Better get those into me before the heartburn starts!!

I'm so glad I actually only have to wait 2 weeks to indulge in my fave foods. If this was sept or somethign the rage would be taking over. It's weird that this is the first country we've ever lived in that doesn't really have any great snack food.
    In the US I loved a special pizza crust in dominos, they don't do it anywhere else I've seen, can't even remember the name now sadly. And they have pretzel m&ms. Israel had falafel and chocolate bamba. Germany sucks :(

My mam lives in South dublin, and mil right next to blanchardstown shopping centre. So basically all the bad food I need is nearly within walking distance. Can't wait for a 3 in 1 or spice bag from the Chinese! Better get those into me before the heartburn starts!!

oh no, the heartburn....so not looking forward to that! I don't really ever get it, so I'm not sure how it will go!

oh no, the heartburn....so not looking forward to that! I don't really ever get it, so I'm not sure how it will go!

I only got it mildly the last time thankfully, but still hard to sleep with it! Who knows it could be 10 times worse this pregnancy like the morning sickness lol? Would be just my luck!

I only got it mildly the last time thankfully, but still hard to sleep with it! Who knows it could be 10 times worse this pregnancy like the morning sickness lol? Would be just my luck!

does heartburn come with the territory, or do some women not get it?

• Advertisement

does heartburn come with the territory, or do some women not get it?

Some don't at all. I was able to fend it off until very late with a Rennie or two, it only got really bad the last 3 weeks (33-36). Mine was heavily influenced by pre eclampsia, I ceremoniously dumped all Gaviscon and Rennies as soon as I got back to my ward after he was born :D

Ugh my 22 mth old has a virus. Lots of puking and disgusting diahorrea :( the smell is horrendous. My nose is extra sensitive, and it's making me puke! Even with the tablets im on. Ugh. Feel terrible today, poor little man must be miserable too. When he comes for cuddles I get a puke whiff off him and need to run to the loo! Feel so sorry for him. Terrible mammy!

Also ridiculously emotional. Just cried to fairytale of New York, and then to somewhere only we know. I hope no one knocks on the door as my eyes are all puffy!

On the upside, 2 days til my next scan!

Ugh my 22 mth old has a virus. Lots of puking and disgusting diahorrea :( the smell is horrendous. My nose is extra sensitive, and it's making me puke! Even with the tablets im on. Ugh. Feel terrible today, poor little man must be miserable too. When he comes for cuddles I get a puke whiff off him and need to run to the loo! Feel so sorry for him. Terrible mammy!

Also ridiculously emotional. Just cried to fairytale of New York, and then to somewhere only we know. I hope no one knocks on the door as my eyes are all puffy!

On the upside, 2 days til my next scan!

awh the poor thing :( I dread that sort of stuff, I can't bear the sight of someone being sick, or the smell. lol

feel like I've the beginnings of a bump today! Its getting noticable now and I'm only 10 weeks tomorrow! Anyone else noticing theirs? My jeans still fit though, for now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

feel like I've the beginnings of a bump today! Its getting noticable now and I'm only 10 weeks tomorrow! Anyone else noticing theirs? My jeans still fit though, for now! :)

Definitely feeling rounder in the belly, especially later in the day.
    I've been feeling fat for a few weeks though. Clothes are a good bit tighter on me, but everything still fits, just not as nicely. I'm dying to just be able to tell people and have a proper bump, not just look like I'm piling on the pre-Christmas pounds!

Don't think I have a bump yet, lost a stone so can't tell by clothes. Everything's a little looser lol!

I've been washing puke all day. My boy puked all over his dad this morning. I might die if he pukes on me!

Man I'm so tired! Why is my home so messy. I'd love if it was christmas tomorrow, but I haven't bought half my presents!

How's everyone else doing shopping wise? I'm just glad my husband doesn't have a Christmas party that I have to go to this year

Don't think I have a bump yet, lost a stone so can't tell by clothes. Everything's a little looser lol!

I've been washing puke all day. My boy puked all over his dad this morning. I might die if he pukes on me!

Man I'm so tired! Why is my home so messy. I'd love if it was christmas tomorrow, but I haven't bought half my presents!

How's everyone else doing shopping wise? I'm just glad my husband doesn't have a Christmas party that I have to go to this year

I don't have many gifts bought yet, can't seem to get myself together this year. Must be the tiredness!

My heart and head isn't in it either. I just want it to be Christmas Day, see the look on my boys face Christmas morning, then have food handed to me all day! If I could get away with putting money in cards for my sisters I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Like you Dori I have lost a stone with the sickness so clothes are actually looser. I'm a big girl though so the weight loss is welcome. I don't wreckin I'll show till about 5 months. I posted too early saying the sickness was gone, it came back with a vengeance on Sunday, full on puking and I've been feeling so sick. I'm on the road all day so toilets are few and far between which just makes each day a real struggle

On the plus side I'm quite organised for xmas and only have a couple of gifts to get, thank God!!!

Oh god I can not imagine how awful it would be to be sick on the road! Me and my trusty bowl barely leave the couch lol! I'm wondering if I'll show earlier this time as I'm on number 2. I remmeber being about 5 months last time and at the time being much skinnier than now ( had done a fab diet and lost a stone, then mornign sickness lost another, think I was around 10 stone) and everyone saying I looked fab (never felt better either!) and no sign of a bump unless I ate. I remember my cousins wife announcing one christmas she was expecting number 2, and she wasn't yet 12 weeks but it was soooo obvious!

So really it's a wait and see game! I retained a lot of water in the first trimester also that sort of looked like a bump but disappeared after 3 months!

• Advertisement

I'm quite petite, so maybe that's why its a bit more obvious, not sure, unless like you said its water retention! There is a crap selection of maternity jeans here in Tralee, so I'll be venturing to Cork at least to find a few bits. Can't understand why shops don't make more effort, women are pregnant all the time, so its not like they won't need maternity wear!

Advertisement