Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I urge you to go to your docs. Dehydration is the worst for the fetus. There are things you can take to help.

I'm still in hospital, vomiting less but still a couple of times a day. StillOn drip. Have had the most terrible headache for 2 days solid now, paracetamol doesn't make a dent in it. They finally took bloods and tell me i have a serious sinus infection. So i start pregnancy safe anti biotics tonight. The night doc said she can also do acupuncture. I'll do anything to make the pain go away. Doesn't help that i have the loudest room mate ever. She actually called someone on speaker phone and yelled into the phone for 30 min! Thought my head was going to explode.

Seems like these July babies are gonna be difficult lol!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I urge you to go to your docs. Dehydration is the worst for the fetus. There are things you can take to help.

I'm still in hospital, vomiting less but still a couple of times a day. StillOn drip. Have had the most terrible headache for 2 days solid now, paracetamol doesn't make a dent in it. They finally took bloods and tell me i have a serious sinus infection. So i start pregnancy safe anti biotics tonight. The night doc said she can also do acupuncture. I'll do anything to make the pain go away. Doesn't help that i have the loudest room mate ever. She actually called someone on speaker phone and yelled into the phone for 30 min! Thought my head was going to explode.

Seems like these July babies are gonna be difficult lol!

you poor thing, but at least they have figured out what is the main problem now and can help with it.

I didn't go into work this morning, but got up and had 2 slices of toast, had a shower and got my mom to give me a lift into work around 1pm. I feel soooooo much better today, better than I have all week. I am still a bit ropey, but even compared to all day yesterday I am a LOT better. I have managed to eat a bit more, and am now devouring some vegetable soup! I have been wearing those 'sea bands' on both wrists since I woke, so I wonder are they actually helping? I am really hoping I don't start feeling sick tonight. I need a break!

I hope you feel better soon dori_dormer and are able to go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭the_sonandmoon

Aw guys, you two have been through the wars.
    Hope the good spell lasts Ciarrai, and I hope the acupuncture works its magic on you Dori_D (Im a big believer in acupuncture, I think it got me pregnant, not the sex!)

Happy and healthy weekends July Mommas xx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I can't believe how much better I feel today, especially this evening! I managed to have soup this afternoon, and ate some more toast just now! I'm tired, but the nausea has seriously subsided! This time last night I was so sick, its great to feel semi-normal again!

I wonder was it just a really big surge of hormones this week, moving onto week 8 and it hitting me hard!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

The pregnacare vitamins are renowned for making nausea worse. I gave them up after my second virus (because I couldn't choke them down without a wave of nausea). I also used the sea bands but I had to stop because they hurt my wrists! Hope it stays as good for you now Ciarrai.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

The pregnacare vitamins are renowned for making nausea worse. I gave them up after my second virus (because I couldn't choke them down without a wave of nausea). I also used the sea bands but I had to stop because they hurt my wrists! Hope it stays as good for you now Ciarrai.
    What vitamins are a good alternative to the pregnacare?

Cerocco wrote: »
    What vitamins are a good alternative to the pregnacare?

Maybe the Sona ones called Pregnaplan? I was also advised to take Floradix liquid which has B vitamins to help with nausea. I need to get more vitamins soon anyway so might get the Sona ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

Well after pretending to drink all weekend I don't think it fooled anyone.

Have just been eating crap all week, need to eat more healthier from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Well after pretending to drink all weekend I don't think it fooled anyone.

This is going to be a pain in the hoop over Christmas. I was telling everyone I was doing a 'NOvember' (which I actually did plan to do!) so I think I got away with it thus far. BUT himself nearly let the cat out of the bag the other night. I *think* we covered up with grace.

We told my parents this weekend. the 4 of us went out to dinner to celebrate, restaurant options can be seriously limited when you are pregnant! We told his parents too. Its nice to be able to talk to some people about it at least.

I have a question - I went to the doc (GP) on 13 Nov, she confirmed the pregnancy, and got a letter off to the local hospital. She told me to expect a letter from the hospital within a week or so, with a scan date. I received a hospital letter, advising me that I am now on their system for the Maternity and Infant Care Scheme, but nothing yet about any dates.

Should I be expecting to have this date at this stage?

Glad you are feeling better Ciarrai, long may it continue!

• Advertisement

I think it's different with different hospitals? I got a form back from the Coombe, on which I have to choose which care I want & then I send that back & they return with a date for my 'booking appointment' which includes scan/bloods etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Mamabear29

I got my pregnancy confirmed last Monday by gp and Thursday morning I got a letter from the rotunda with a date for a reassurance scan on the 16th Dec. Will be 8 weeks then.
    Woke up this morning feeling brilliant and thought that maybe I was dreaming up the pregnancy as I am having very few symptoms. Once I dropped kids to school I Sat on couch to have a quiet cuppa and woke up 2 hours later!! Apart from that though I really don't "feel" pregnant. Not like my last 2 pregnancys. It's a bit unnerving!!

I phoned the hospital - the woman told me that my first Booking Visit (I think that's what she called it, and I've no idea what it entails) is in their system for 8th Jan. Ill be a few days off 14 weeks at that stage. But she told me to phone the Scan Room to see if I can get a different scan date. She advised that they can only do the scans between 12-14 weeks. I've been trying to phone the scan room, but no answer.

Ill be 12 weeks on 28th Dec, Id love to be able to tell people on New Years (if not before), so if the hospital cant get me in over that week (bad timing on my behalf to be 12 weeks on Christmas week!), Ill see about getting a private scan elsewhere in Galway.

I nearly garroted the dog earlier, it all escalated and was topped off with a container of beans falling out of the fridge & spilling over the floor. The poor hound redeemed herself with a quick cleanup job. I REALLY need to get out for a run, but himself is off gallivanting with work for the week. My mother in law is coming over tomrw & I'm going to head into town for a nice mooch & yummy lunch.
    Anyone else have sudden irrational rage? I got it last time too. It's A THING. I swear.

olaola wrote: »
    I nearly garroted the dog earlier, it all escalated and was topped off with a container of beans falling out of the fridge & spilling over the floor. The poor hound redeemed herself with a quick cleanup job. I REALLY need to get out for a run, but himself is off gallivanting with work for the week. My mother in law is coming over tomrw & I'm going to head into town for a nice mooch & yummy lunch.
    Anyone else have sudden irrational rage? I got it last time too. It's A THING. I swear.

Oh I'm having plenty of irrational rages...regularly! No patience with anyone, I literally wish most people would just shut up! :rolleyes:

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Oh I'm having plenty of irrational rages...regularly! No patience with anyone, I literally wish most people would just shut up! :rolleyes:

Phew! It's not just me so... ;)
    I have zero patience at the moment. Even thinking up possible scenarios where people MIGHT piss me off.

olaola wrote: »
    Phew! It's not just me so... ;)
    I have zero patience at the moment. Even thinking up possible scenarios where people MIGHT piss me off.

working in retail does not help either!! oh and Christmas on the way & working in retail plus being pregnant = very scary pregnant lady! haha!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 SettlePettal

Hey guys!

Has anyone went with The Coombe, public? I got a date for my first appointment but I can't go that day. It says to call and leave message of any other day which I have done 3 times but no response :/ Worried as it's coming up this week and no new apointment!

In regards to RAGE, I feel myself getting worked up over silly little things, also crying at anything. I cried like a baby at First Dates because i was happy the couple liked each other, then cried at gogglebox for something equally ridiculous!

I'm home! Yay!

But literally in the door 2 min and started vomiting again :( been trying to take my antibiotic for an hour but I just vomit it back up - tmi sorry!

I understand the rage! A new roommate arrived in the hospital last night and she turned her light on and then Promptly passed out! Nurses wouldn't turn her light off! So I sat wide awake til 10 ( everyone goes asleep at 8) when her bloody husband turns up! Like wtf? Then she starts talking on the phone! The rage! Then she finally turns her light off, then after 30 min wakes me up to bring her to the bathroom! Eh wtf? I'm not a nurse I'm sick too! Then someone calls her at 5 am! I nearly had a heart attack the phone was so loud.

Then she complains that breakfast comes at 7.30! I could have murderd her!

Glad to be home tho. So far I have lost 4kg in 2 weeks. Not good

I'm home! Yay!

But literally in the door 2 min and started vomiting again :( been trying to take my antibiotic for an hour but I just vomit it back up - tmi sorry!

I understand the rage! A new roommate arrived in the hospital last night and she turned her light on and then Promptly passed out! Nurses wouldn't turn her light off! So I sat wide awake til 10 ( everyone goes asleep at 8) when her bloody husband turns up! Like wtf? Then she starts talking on the phone! The rage! Then she finally turns her light off, then after 30 min wakes me up to bring her to the bathroom! Eh wtf? I'm not a nurse I'm sick too! Then someone calls her at 5 am! I nearly had a heart attack the phone was so loud.

Then she complains that breakfast comes at 7.30! I could have murderd her!

Glad to be home tho. So far I have lost 4kg in 2 weeks. Not good

ah no, sorry to hear you are still not feeling great.

That one in the hospital sounds like she thought she was in a hotel! I remember being in for a lap & dye a few years ago and a lady came in quite late in the night, but proceeded to talk really loudly to whoever she was with and then started making phonecalls! I nearly lost it! I got no sleep that night and promptly went to bed when I got home the next day and slept for hours! I hate wards!

• Advertisement

I already got my scan date, for the 23rd December! Worst date they could have given me! I work in retails (run a shop), so not a hope I can get away that day with how crazy busy we will be! They even said it would take up to 3 hours! Bloody hell for what!?

So annoyed I have to ring and re-schedule. Both my husband & I work together, so we both can't be gone for that one on the day before Christmas eve! I was surprised I got an appointment so quick, I thought I'd be waiting weeks!

Hi Ciarrai - give your local scan room a call. I will be 12 weeks on 28th. I explained that I would love to have a scan pre-New Years (so we could tell people over the New Year celebrations). She was lovely about it, and has me scheduled in for 30th.

I think they say allow 2 hours in Galway - I expect much of that will be waiting around.

Hi Ciarrai - give your local scan room a call. I will be 12 weeks on 28th. I explained that I would love to have a scan pre-New Years (so we could tell people over the New Year celebrations). She was lovely about it, and has me scheduled in for 30th.

I think they say allow 2 hours in Galway - I expect much of that will be waiting around.

Its ok, I rang the hospital and they were able to change the appointment for the start of Jan. It will be easier for us with work and have all the hysteria of Christmas die down! Then I've the scan to look forward to :)

I can still go for a private scan with the fertility clinic I am with, its just I have to pay for it, but we might do it anyway as a Christmas pressie to us :)
    My family all know anyway, and a couple of close friends, mainly because they all knew we were doing fertility treatment. I won't be going out over Christmas anyway, always too busy with work to have any fun! The only person in my family who doesn't know is my nephew, so we'll tell him at Christmas :)

I'm 9 weeks since yesterday, the weeks are flying! I feel like I've the beginnings of a little bump, nothing major, but its more solid than before, and I'm quite petite, so everyone is telling me I will probably show soon! It'll be mad having a bump, I've always dreamt about it and what it would be like! :)

I got a scan on entering and leaving the hospital. The difference that one or 2 weeks makes is amazing! He and little arms and legs! I cried! I think this is going to be a very crying orientated pregnancy. I can feel myself welling up just looking at my little boy and how fast he's grown! Also nearly cried watching a clip of Kelly cuocao and some puppies ffs!

I'm back to my gynae on the 10th for my 10 week scan/appointment. I get a little notebook called a mutterpass, that all expectant mothers have to carry with them at all times her in Germany.
    Means I'll be exactly 12 weeks on xmas eve!
    Just stepped on the scales and I've lost a total of one stone! I think this baby is eating me from the inside out lol! Anti vomiting tablets are working well and I'm eating 4 small meals a day, so I don't think the weight will be comign off for long!

I got a scan on entering and leaving the hospital. The difference that one or 2 weeks makes is amazing! He and little arms and legs! I cried! I think this is going to be a very crying orientated pregnancy. I can feel myself welling up just looking at my little boy and how fast he's grown! Also nearly cried watching a clip of Kelly cuocao and some puppies ffs!

I'm back to my gynae on the 10th for my 10 week scan/appointment. I get a little notebook called a mutterpass, that all expectant mothers have to carry with them at all times her in Germany.
    Means I'll be exactly 12 weeks on xmas eve!
    Just stepped on the scales and I've lost a total of one stone! I think this baby is eating me from the inside out lol! Anti vomiting tablets are working well and I'm eating 4 small meals a day, so I don't think the weight will be comign off for long!

I can't wait to see the next scan, it will look a lot different to the little blob on our 7 week scan anyway!

I started crying to a Christmas ad on tv for a supermarket the other night! Its ridiculous! I was in a shop the other day and almost started crying to a Christmas song. Weirdo! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Well I'm nearly afraid to write in case I hex it but the sickness went last night and is still gone this morning. Is it normal for it to go so early. I'm 9 weeks today. Boobs still sore

I weirdly got a day off sickness the other week! Was strange. There's no hard and fast rules to it as docs have no idea what causes it. They think is hcg, which peaks around week 9 but they don't know for sure! Take advantage of the break i say!

On as side note my boobs have doubled in size. ...

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bingwhoosh

I was 9 weeks on Tuesday and the nausea has eased big time, saying that though I actually got sick for the first time on Wednesday. My appetite has increased a lot but only want bland foods.
    I read on another website about original Hula Hoops helping to ease the nausea and I found they really worked - makes a nice change from crackers too!
    Scan is next Wednesday so can't wait for that, will tell his folks that evening and probably tell work as well. We have our staff party on Friday night and cos there's only 9 nine of us it will be impossible to hide the fact I'm not drinking plus my belly has got so big they will have worked it out anyway.
    My family are up the following weekend so will tell them then as would prefer to say it to their face as opposed to over the phone.

Bingwhoosh wrote: »
    I was 9 weeks on Tuesday and the nausea has eased big time, saying that though I actually got sick for the first time on Wednesday. My appetite has increased a lot but only want bland foods.
    I read on another website about original Hula Hoops helping to ease the nausea and I found they really worked - makes a nice change from crackers too!
    Scan is next Wednesday so can't wait for that, will tell his folks that evening and probably tell work as well. We have our staff party on Friday night and cos there's only 9 nine of us it will be impossible to hide the fact I'm not drinking plus my belly has got so big they will have worked it out anyway.
    My family are up the following weekend so will tell them then as would prefer to say it to their face as opposed to over the phone.

now I have a craving for Hola Hoops!! ;)

I actually made my hubby drive me to McDonalds after work Wed night as I was dying for a milkshake! I never have them usually, and rarely eat McDonalds, but I was really craving a chocolate milkshake! I ended up getting chips too! So nice :)

• Advertisement

TAA DAAA!! I have pooped...

I had to have an extra espresso to 'move things along'. You don't know how happy this makes me feel. Himself is currently on a long haul flight, so I can't share it with him.

Advertisement