Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poseur cyclists who won't use designated cycle lanes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Streetwalker

The idiots who dress up like Sean Kelly climbing up the Alps need to removed from the road. They are a danger to themselves and other road users.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    Is there "less and less room for cyclists on the road now"? :confused: When did this happen?

There are more cars than ever on the roads now. Anyone can see it. It's too dangerous for cyclists now, and they can also cause huge tailbacks when they do go out. They don't even obey cycle lanes !

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭obriendj

Driving through the city centre there last week and came up to a set of lights,cyclist comes up on the inside of me,stops and proceeds to push my passenger mirror in so he could move up another two foot...light turns green and I say fcuk this and take off after him and pull the van in at a angle in front of him,roll down the window and literally roar at him to fix the mirror back to the way it was....some absolute tits on bicycles going around the city!

I was cycling along week before last in a (solid line) cycle lane, a 6 person taxi along side me, decides to pull in and smack my with his mirror but stay on my bike....some absolute tits driving cars around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

The idiots who dress up like Sean Kelly climbing up the Alps need to removed from the road. They are a danger to themselves and other road users.

You hear that, kids? No more 1980s kit, apparently it's dangerous to other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Some absolute tits using various forms of transport going around the city.

Yeah them cyclists....should do a course in basic manners as well as one on how to use the roads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Road tax. Just getting that out of the way early.
    There's not such thing as wheel tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

Ha from this thread it seems the op loves winding up cyclists, and cyclists are very easily wound up.

Driving through the city centre there last week and came up to a set of lights,cyclist comes up on the inside of me,stops and proceeds to push my passenger mirror in so he could move up another two foot...light turns green and I say fcuk this and take off after him and pull the van in at a angle in front of him,roll down the window and literally roar at him to fix the mirror back to the way it was....some absolute tits on bicycles going around the city!

I'm not saying the cyclist is in any way correct but I think you need to address your anger issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

I suspect Ally Dick is really Liam Phelan's contrary alter-ego :pac::pac::pac:

ronoc wrote: »
    I'm not saying the cyclist is in any way correct but I think you need to address your anger issues.

Driving in the city on a daily basis I see some dangerous scenarios with cyclists,no anger issues I just don't suffer fools gladly....might make him think in future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Ally Dick wrote: »
    There are more cars than ever on the roads now. Anyone can see it. It's too dangerous for cyclists now, and they can also cause huge tailbacks when they do go out. They don't even obey cycle lanes !

Nor do they have to, as you have been told many many times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Driving in the city on a daily basis I see some dangerous scenarios with cyclists,no anger issues I just don't suffer fools gladly....might make him think in future

If you use a three-ton vehicle as a weapon to force someone to stop so you can yell at them, then you have anger issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Cyclists are flies on wheels.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

Also cyclists you do have to use lanes sometimes

"Cyclists are only required to use cycle lanes in pedestrianised areas or where a contra-flow cycle track is provided"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

If you use a three-ton vehicle as a weapon to force someone to stop so you can yell at them, then you have anger issues.

It would also be illegal given its dangerous driving, which makes the original post a bit, well, hypocritical.....

As a weapon ?!?He shouldn't have done it in the first place or at least had the decency to put the mirror back the way it was after....no excuse for that kind of rudeness

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

There are more cars than ever on the roads now.

Something must be done to reduce the number of cars on the road. They're constantly causing tailbacks on my commute into work and increasing the amount of time it takes me to get in. There's too many of them.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Yeah them cyclists....should do a course in basic manners as well as one on how to use the roads

As should any rude person incorrectly using the road. :)

As should any rude person incorrectly using the road. :)

Or maybe they shouldn't be on the road in the first place :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

The Nazis used bikes. I think that tells us all we need to know about cyclists.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It's really strange that we have this 18th century anachronistic form of transport allowed on our modern highways.
    I think you mean 19th century invention, just like the motor car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Gotta love these threads as both a motorist and a cyclist. I am on both sides of the fence see both sides.

Cycle lanes are sometimes unsafe and most importantly unclear at times.

As a motorist, some cyclists can be outright a danger to other road users including other cyclists.

Just as there as many people that can't drive there's the people who don't know how to ride a bike safely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Oh look, a cyclist thread, started by Ally Dick.

Are you under some sort of contractual obligation ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

There are more cars than ever on the roads now, and they can also cause huge tailbacks when they do go out!
    Minor adjustment. And your post now makes sense.

:D

endacl wrote: »
    You know the site has a search function, OP? You could have used it to find out that your stupid, pointless topic has been done to death umpteen times before. If you need to vent, open a window and let a roar at the world.

:rolleyes:

But maybe, just maybe, this might be the thread in which someone posts something new on this topic?

Thanks for the patronising comment. I'm aware of other cycling threads. We need to keep getting the message out there so that cyclists change their ways, or give up

I vote you give up. Where's the poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

These people drive me bananas. Where I live, there are decent cycle lanes...however there's a class of cyclist out there who dresses in all of the gear, who refuses to use them, and would instead prefer to hold up the traffic. This really has to stop. As I have said before, there is less and less room for cyclists on the road now, so they need to consider cutting down on it, and at least using cycle lanes where they exist

If the cyclists leave the bikes at home, what mode of transport do you imagine they'll use instead? If you replace all of these bikes with cars, do you imagine that thereally will be more room on the road, or less?

If the problem you're having is that there I 'less room on the road', then I would suggest you encourage more motorists to take up cycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭granturismo

ThisRegard wrote: »
    But maybe, just maybe, this might be the thread in which someone posts something new on this topic?

This discussion would be locked immediately in the cycling forum but a similar discussion on a particular type of driver would not be locked in the motors forum.

TallGlass wrote: »
    As a motorist, some cyclists can be outright a danger to other road users including other cyclists.

Just as there as many people that can't drive....

I agree.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think we can all agree though that it's the motorbikers who are the real annoying ones!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I think we can all agree though that it's the motorbikers who are the real annoying ones!

It's not, it's the pigeons. They take up too much space in a particularly crumby side of road.

Advertisement