Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Wouldn't mind jumping in on that. What time ye thinking?

Any time after 4.30

• Registered Users Posts: 27,819 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mcsirl wrote: »
    Anyone on now on Xbox that needs to do the fears embrace mission on Mars for part of the taken war quest ? Trying to solo it but not working out well on my hunter

Stand in the door where you enter the last area. You can't be set on fire in there and not to hard to kill the Echo from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Stand in the door where you enter the last area. You can't be set on fire in there and not to hard to kill the Echo from there.

That worked perfect first time , 6 shots from sleeper simulant and he was pretty much down , thanks for that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mcsirl wrote: »
    That worked perfect first time , 6 shots from sleeper simulant and he was pretty much down , thanks for that :)

Damn it!!! I thought my strategy was a secret... lol

Ok back to PS4 then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Bohrio wrote: »
    Damn it!!! I thought my strategy was a secret... lol

Ok back to PS4 then!

Psst: We know that strat too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hiding AND Shooting? :eek: .... we're gonna need a guide

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Any time after 4.30

I'll get on for an hour at about 5 and then not again until after 8ish. I'll keep an eye out for ye

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

For a new enough person getting into destiny. I'm currently level 40 at about 215-220 light. Im not looking for loads of tips, i basically just have one question, Are VOG and Crotas End worth doing? Or should i just focus on more of the taken king strikes, ultimately getting to the latest TK raid. This is all in the hunt for better gear obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Cormac... wrote: »
    Hiding AND Shooting? :eek: .... we're gonna need a guide

Did you and your lfg booty calls get the raid finished last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

DeclanRe wrote: »
    For a new enough person getting into destiny. I'm currently level 40 at about 215-220 light. Im not looking for loads of tips, i basically just have one question, Are VOG and Crotas End worth doing? Or should i just focus on more of the taken king strikes, ultimately getting to the latest TK raid. This is all in the hunt for better gear obviously

Can't answer re the loot but VoG and Crota are worth experiencing for the sake of it at least. Even once!

• Advertisement

If your looking for better gear then VoG and CE are useless. Stick with TTK strikes for your gear grind.

VoG and CE are two of the most fun things in the game.

I'd take fun over drops nowadays myself.

You won't get much useful from it, just 150-160 weapons. But some of those weapons are class.

Don't see why you'd not play them, unless you have a finite amount of time and are not interested in 6-pleyer co-op.

If it's a few engrams you want that will decrypt higher, there are probably better places to go.

Speaking as a recent cynic, I would HATE to go into Kings Fall with someone who has never done ANY Raid before.

The Raids go in complication from CE -> VoG -> KF
    You'd be lost in Kings Fall for the mechanics if you hadn't seen how things like the Templar and CE Bridge play out.

But that's just my opinion

Did you and your lfg booty calls get the raid finished last night?

We did the sisters in 2 runs, that's all I wanted.

I have no intention of trying Oryx until I'm 311 light.

I noticed when they started it, the enemies had red indicators on their level, meaning I was not doing very well at 309 light.

So Oryx remains un-killed on Hard, that being said, I have a few clear runs at Hard Mode this week now on my Warlock and Titan, might see if I can squeeze one in tonight, hopefully with a fellow Gaze Holder

I'm sure there's plenty of 5 man teams doing it at 305 light, but I ain't gonna be one of them.

29 Hard Mode VoG, 32 CE, 35 PoE.... I've learned my lesson about chasing the dragon/carrot

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Did Skolas over the weekend. So easy now it's unreal. I had rage quitted out of it before but it's a walk in the park now. The hard Raid, not so much.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did Skolas over the weekend. So easy now it's unreal. I had rage quitted out of it before but it's a walk in the park now. The hard Raid, not so much.

This type of talk is why I'm ok nowadays with getting to stuff when I am the right level for the most part. Skolas was heartbreaking. I'm actually thinking of running PoE 35 3x times to get the Strange coins :D

This type of talk is why I'm ok nowadays with getting to stuff when I am the right level for the most part. Skolas was heartbreaking. I'm actually thinking of running PoE 35 3x times to get the Strange coins :D

58872106.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We did the sisters in 2 runs, that's all I wanted.

I have no intention of trying Oryx until I'm 311 light.

I noticed when they started it, the enemies had red indicators on their level, meaning I was not doing very well at 309 light.

So Oryx remains un-killed on Hard, that being said, I have a few clear runs at Hard Mode this week now on my Warlock and Titan, might see if I can squeeze one in tonight, hopefully with a fellow Gaze Holder

I'm sure there's plenty of 5 man teams doing it at 305 light, but I ain't gonna be one of them.

29 Hard Mode VoG, 32 CE, 35 PoE.... I've learned my lesson about chasing the dragon/carrot
    Pretty sure 309 - 310 is going to be the same difference as 310 - 311. The changing in colour is just a psychological thing. We've managed it with 3 308s in the same run, I don't think light level matters hugely tbh. Not sure what the curve is when compared with say 29 - 30 but I'd guess 4/5 light levels now is the equivalent so I wouldn't worry about being 1 light level down.

Full discloser, I would also like a Dregs Door-stop and Wall-E Sniper as I don't have those yet.... Grimmer Cards yo!
    AdamD wrote: »
    Pretty sure 309 - 310 is going to be the same difference as 310 - 311. The changing in colour is just a psychological thing. We've managed it with 3 308s in the same run, I don't think light level matters hugely tbh. Not sure what the curve is when compared with say 29 - 30 but I'd guess 4/5 light levels now is the equivalent so I wouldn't worry about being 1 light level down.

@30 seconds in, This guide says a pulse is going up 100 damage per round when jumping from 309->301. So 3x 500 instead of 3x 400 etc is a sizeable difference.

I might have suffifcient gear by the time I get up to him again, but if not, I'm not too fussed, there's plenty for me to be doing in the game now (like farming f**king Relic Iron for a bloody sword :mad: ) still on my main so i'm not fussed, i'll get my drops in time

AdamD wrote: »

We did HM last night after an hour Thriller Dancing in the tower.

We had one person on each level between 308 and 312.

It was my first time doing Oryx on HM and we got it done after the 4th wipe I think.

I got to man the front right platform. Got hammered any time Oryx slammed my one but managed to stay alive.

I got to man the front right platform. Got hammered an time Oryx slammed my one but managed to stay alive.

You're not meant to be standing on the platform when he slams his fist on it :P

• Advertisement

You're not meant to be standing on the platform when he slams his fist on it :P

HawHawHaw :P

You know what I meant :D

Edit: I can show you how to kill him on HM if your stuck ;)

If I could afford an X-Box One, I can think of 3 games I'd like to buy 1st though.... well buy and not open them or play them.... you know how it is :o

cold.jpg

As an addendum, if you can show me how to kill him on NM, that'd be great. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

[IMG]As an addendum, if you can show me how to kill him on NM, that'd be great. :D[/img]

Sure I've already killed him at 269 light :pac:

Edit: It took almost a full auto rifle clip to down a thrall like...

Sure I've already killed him at 269 light :pac:

Edit: It took almost a full auto rifle clip to down a thrall like...

I've only attempted him once. Couldn't get enough damage on the Ogres. Destiny time has been seriously curtailed last couple weeks, but hoping to get on tonight and give it a fresh go. Took down Golgoroth for first time last week and got 300 boots and 310 fusion. Have a decent grasp of mechanics now up to Sisters, just need to actually run the raid more often to get totally comfortable.

cold.jpg

As an addendum, if you can show me how to kill him on NM, that'd be great. :D

I could be on to do 2 NM runs tonight with my Hunter and Warlock to get the 310 artifacts. So if we have a space I'll get you in. If not we can get another group together later in the week and run it.

Edit: What's your GT. I've added a load of people from Boards and can't match them up to their Boards profile.

I could be on to do 2 NM runs tonight with my Hunter and Warlock to get the 310 artifacts. So if we have a space I'll get you in. If not we can get another group together later in the week and run it.

Edit: What's your GT. I've added a load of people from Boards and can't match them up to their Boards profile.

Cheers, but I'm on the PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

I can never remember who anyone is either. I think i'll change my gamertag to avoid any confusion.

TitanGerm
    changed their gamertag
    2 minutes ago

ooGuardian Down is now known as TitanGerm

I can never remember who anyone is either. I think i'll change my gamertag to avoid any confusion.

TitanGerm
    changed their gamertag
    2 minutes ago

ooGuardian Down is now known as TitanGerm

Very similar to my GT TitianGerm ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Massive thanks to all the lads (SirConar, Sethius, Goon magee, Yamaha Rider, I'm sure there were others from the clan at the start but I cannot remember everyone, apologies) for dragging me through my first (nearly finished) raid. I had a blast and got some nice drops.

Great direction by Conor throughout and all the lads are now canonised with the amount of patience they have.

Roll on Oryx......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement