Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Very similar to my GT TitianGerm ;)

Get out of that, I had it first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Did Skolas over the weekend. So easy now it's unreal. I had rage quitted out of it before but it's a walk in the park now. The hard Raid, not so much.

Have you tried Skolas with ToM and blessing of light...

and Atheon...

They brought him down like in 10 seconds?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,820 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Get out of that, I had it first!

My GT since I joined Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Wahey! Mrs out, Destiny on.

Cue half an hour of caterpillar and banjo errors.

Go f**k yourself Bungie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Anyone doing those halloween quests? Or rather is it worth it to do them?

• Advertisement

My GT since I joined Xbox.

Ah i know, just messing. I am "omg Im n a tank" now.

Does it not cost money to change your GT ?

Does it not cost money to change your GT ?

Yes its 10 euro after your first one, which is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

88b715013a37047cf2231e85579df7e8.png

Yes its 10 euro after your first one, which is free.

The first one is free if you were automatically assigned one by the system.

If you chose it yourself then you've no free once off. I know, I tried last month. I was so miffed and not getting my 'free' change (system kept trying to charge me) I want onto the MS help forums and was enlightened.

• Advertisement

A guy just soloed Crota playing with the Rock Band Drum Set :D

https://www.youtu.be/BrHC-1E9EWE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

A guy just soloed Crota playing with the Rock Band Drum Set :D

https://www.youtu.be/BrHC-1E9EWE

Is that the same lad that soloed the raid while walking backwards, not taking any damage and sitting upside down in his couch?

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Saw your new gt on my friends list last night I was wondering who that was!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Thanks to Optimus, Needs_More_Beard, Petking, Cuhlcannon & Kaiser69er for dragging me through VoG last night. Twas my first time on a 6 man Fireteam and really enjoyed it.
    Patience shown was appreciated. The less we say about the jumping section the better......

Managed to get a few decent bits too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Thanks to Optimus, Needs_More_Beard, Petking, Cuhlcannon & Kaiser69er for dragging me through VoG last night. Twas my first time on a 6 man Fireteam and really enjoyed it.
    Patience shown was appreciated. The less we say about the jumping section the better......

Managed to get a few decent bits too!!

Swear to God I hate jumping. There's a guy in my clan and the lads were complaining how it took him 40 minutes getting across that part. All I could think was "That was pretty fast"

I actually got through it this weekend for the second time. Felt better than putting Oryx down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Guardian down! :pac:

Is that the same lad that soloed the raid while walking backwards, not taking any damage and sitting upside down in his couch?

Yea think its him alright. He really makes the rest of use look useless :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Swear to God I hate jumping. There's a guy in my clan and the lads were complaining how it took him 40 minutes getting across that part. All I could think was "That was pretty fast"

I actually got through it this weekend for the second time. Felt better than putting Oryx down.

Not sure on time it took. I was too busy "flying" and avoiding pot shots from Guardians with nothing else to do!!
    Hoping it was closer to the 10-15 minute mark than 40 though!!

Actually, on jumping - I created a Warlock 2 weeks ago for the laugh and used the spark thing to jump it to level 25. Was pottering away last night and the limitations of this became clear - whilst it's now level 28 the actual abilities are still very basic. Which means you encounter serious issues when trying to play TTK levels.

The TTK level where you are looking for Cayde's stealth drive atop the colony ship. You go through the Septiks Prime boss room - you run along a broken gantry and jump up into the new section over water. That took allot of messing around. Eventually had to run along the railing and then just barely managed to get up.

But the level ended where you activate the gantry to board the colony ship that has Cayde's stealth drive on top - no matter how I did it I couldn't make the jump across. I ran along it, ran on top of it, went on top of the tower - no can do.

Not an issue with upgraded Titan or Hunter but not possible with basic level 28 Warlock.

Perhaps these levels shouldn't be accessible until you can actually complete them?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah, I thought it was a bit gammy the spark jumps you 25 levels but doesn't put any of the 25 levels worth of XP into a subclass for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Seems pointless tbh:

New Players - Flung into Lvl25 content when you'll get s**t on but not knowing how to play properly
    Old Players - Probably already have 3 characters, and if not, levelling a new one is more painful 3x Subclass wise as opposed to a getting to lvl25.

Pretty sure the only person I spoke to who actually used it for it's intended purpose was Wes cause he only had 1 character until now

Anyway, it was a freebie for all, so not complaining, just as Mick said, least if could do was partially upgrade your skill tree. Even just the 1st row of nodes

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,148 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I used it too to make a titan after deleting my 2nd hunter (which had replaced a previous titan!). Figured I'd go back to having 1 of each again, plus it was the only way I'd be able to keep the game at 100% as I needed that achievement for unlocking the subclass :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Bohrio wrote: »
    Have you tried Skolas with ToM and blessing of light...

and Atheon...

They brought him down like in 10 seconds?
    Someone explain how he's spamming the living sh!te out of the Hammer of Sol on the Oracles part?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Someone explain how he's spamming the living sh!te out of the Hammer of Sol on the Oracles part?

It was a glitch - pretty sure they've patched it out now. If you spammed the 4 trigger buttons (PS4) you could throw a barrage of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

Just wondering if any PS4 players have:

Taken War Earth
    Taken War Mars
    Blighted Worlds

left to do?
    I have to finish them on my last alt. I have one of the Earth taken bosses done (The Divide). So if anyone is interested in getting these done from about 8 this evening, lettuce know.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

nocal wrote: »

Taken War Earth
    Taken War Mars
    Blighted Worlds

left to do?
    I have to finish them on my last alt. I have one of the Earth taken bosses done (The Divide). So if anyone is interested in getting these done from about 8 this evening, lettuce know.

If you are after the 310 relic you can cheese Blighted Worlds. Just have another person in your ft who has Kings of Decay, Entropy's Pinnacle and Fears Embrace unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭nocal

If you are after the 310 relic you can cheese Blighted Worlds. Just have another person in your ft who has Kings of Decay, Entropy's Pinnacle and Fears Embrace unlocked.

I do not mind doing them as I do bounties, collect candies etc.

Just a bit annoying when for example you are in Skywatch, 3 other level 40's around and as soon as the taken appear you are left dealing with them alongside a level 15 kinderguardian. Boss spawns, you take him down to 1/10th of his health and then the taken invasion subsides....

Also, there is never anyone else in the Rocketyards....and yes I know about the "matchmaking" between areas....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Will have to give that a try, already have main but. Handy for alts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

nocal wrote: »

Taken War Earth
    Taken War Mars
    Blighted Worlds

left to do?

I still have the Taken War Earth to finish. Not sure I even have the quest for Taken War Mars and I've never heard of Blighted Worlds.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement