Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Gym Behaviour - Mk2(?)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MSGSM

stecleary wrote:
    you used three dumbbells at once?

Haha crap. Typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,069 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Deano7788 wrote: »
    In leggo's case, I'd imagine possibly they each needed 2 sets of dumbbells, one per exercise, so 4 total.

No excuse for the picture though.
    Was pretty clear. 4 or 5 sets. Between two people is different to one person.
    But I was taking about the hoarder in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Mellor wrote: »
    Why would you need multiple dumbells for supersets?

Do you mean drop sets? I think they’re pretty annoying tbh. Cable would be a better option if you need them.
    Was pretty clear. 4 or 5 sets. Between two people is different to one person.
    But I was taking about the hoarder in the photo.

You literally questioned why he needed 4 sets when he said exactly that...

You literally questioned why he needed 4 sets when he said exactly that...
    A superset is two exercises. So hoarding 4 or 5 sets is non-typical, so I asked why - as clearly that was a logical reason. It's pretty simple question.

You suggested he meant 4 DBs total, sounds like he means 8-10. So I think it's fair to say there was some ambiguity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

leggo wrote: »
    Ah here. When my mate and I used to train together we’d be doing supersets sometimes, so you might have 4 sets of different dumbbells, with maybe a 5th if one of us might fail on one. Even at that I’d be mortified and quick to be done. That’s taking the absolute piss though and I’d have no issue taking one set on him if needed (the fact that someone was able to snap a pic means he just left them there too while filling up the water bottle). That pic actually stresses me out like.
    Why would you need multiple dumbells for supersets?

Do you mean drop sets? I think they’re pretty annoying tbh. Cable would be a better option if you need them.
    In leggo's case, I'd imagine possibly they each needed 2 sets of dumbbells, one per exercise, so 4 total.

No excuse for the picture though.
    A superset is two exercises. So hoarding 4 or 5 sets is non-typical, so I asked why - as clearly that was a logical reason. It's pretty simple question.

You suggested he meant 4 DBs total, sounds like he means 8-10. So I think it's fair to say there was some ambiguity.

I said 2 sets each, so 4 sets total. Never said 4 DBs total. He made it pretty clear that there was 2 people working together, hence the number of DBs. Don't really see any ambiguity in the above but anyway I'll leave it there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Lads my workouts are not worth this level of discussion tbh. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Lads my workouts are not worth this level of discussion tbh. :pac:

How many hats were you wearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

One each, then one for each of the dumbbells to let everyone else know they’re in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

:pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

In that picture I'd say someone is "running the rack" with bicep curls. It's a stupid way of doing it, just use the bleeding cable curl.

That's not to say running the rack is a good idea in the first place.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

vfOg0k0.jpg

Picture paints a thousand words.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

El_Bee wrote: »
    vfOg0k0.jpg

Monsters

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 17,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

That picture actually triggers me

Brian? wrote: »
    In that picture I'd say someone is "running the rack" with bicep curls. It's a stupid way of doing it, just use the bleeding cable curl.

That's not to say running the rack is a good idea in the first place.

That was my point. I think infinite reps at infinitesimal small weights is pointless. But if that’s your jam, go for it! But use the equipment designed perfectly for it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

vfOg0k0.jpg

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

vfOg0k0.jpg

Jesus Christ.

This is the equivalent of the scumbags you see throwing an empty can of coke in the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MSGSM

Pretty sure I saw that course layout on Ninja Warrior.

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

That one weight balanced on two others with a fully empty rack on either side is particularly grating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I was that annoying **** in a hotel gym last night kicking the **** out of the bag. A woman came in to the studio part where the bag is and her body language told me she hated my guts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I was that annoying **** in a hotel gym last night kicking the **** out of the bag. A woman came in to the studio part where the bag is and her body language told me she hated my guts.

I admire your honesty at least. Own this experience. Let it be a lesson for you. You can move forward after this. Just don't do it again.

I admire your honesty at least. Own this experience. Let it be a lesson for you. You can move forward after this. Just don't do it again.

Not a single feck was given here tbh, I wasn't grunting it was just the noise of the kicks and combos landing on the bag. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

When you think you’re getting a refreshing post where the poster is admitting to being the dick and they’re really just humble bragging about bashing a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Is a bag not there to be hit?:confused:

When you think you’re getting a refreshing post where the poster is admitting to being the dick and they’re really just humble bragging about bashing a bag.

Oh I'm admitting it, I just didn't care, a hotel gym is not the place to go to town on a bag imo, just regular place is closed for a week and I've a fight in a few weeks with another shortly after and I was being a bit lighthearted

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Not a single feck was given here tbh, I wasn't grunting it was just the noise of the kicks and combos landing on the bag. :pac:

you really showed her and the bag who the alpha was brah

you really showed her and the bag who the alpha was brah

Yeah, that bag couldn't lay a glove on me, I was so hyped up I felt like going to the steam room and throwing a bucket of ice on the thermostat :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Gym instructors who find it necessary to mess around while at work.
    Last thing someone who's struggling with planking needs to see is a gym instructor doing handstands because they're bored right beside them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Gym instructors who find it necessary to mess around while at work.
    Last thing someone who's struggling with planking needs to see is a gym instructor doing handstands because they're bored right beside them.

It's a gym, you will see people of all capabilities. Learn to ignore them and focus on yourself. You'll be on a frustrating track in life if you can't learn to get over other people being better at something than you.

Advertisement