Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Season Ticket

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

706 O. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Spoke to my Dad and his friend, both Mayo season ticket holders, and they're both in 310 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Mine landed this morning.

Are the lads in 301 and 311 in seating groups though?

That could account for it. mayo.mick is in a group I think.

Groups should be shunted in reality but I'm still at a loss at the variance in seating arrangements for the lot of us.

Ya I'm in a seating group of 8 people. I figured that might have a negative affect on what seats I got. Been getting good seats for all previous matches in croker (305, 306 etc.) Until now.

Heard a few other people in seating groups got bumped to the side too.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ya I'm in a seating group of 8 people. I figured that might have a negative affect on what seats I got. Been getting good seats for all previous matches in croker (305, 306 etc.) Until now.

Heard a few other people in seating groups got bumped to the side too.

Dublin or mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Mine landed this morning.

Are the lads in 301 and 311 in seating groups though?

That could account for it. mayo.mick is in a group I think.

Groups should be shunted in reality but I'm still at a loss at the variance in seating arrangements for the lot of us.

Yeah, group of 10 I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Yeah, group of 10 I have.

Yeah. There's no real way you can be accommodated in a decent block in fairness.

Tbh if I were ye I'd split those.groups into 2 x 5 (assuming that works for ye) next year. Max I'd do a group is three and even then I'd be hard pushed too. A twosie gets you those deadly seat pairs up the sides of the Cusack tunnels.

Yeah. There's no real way you can be accommodated in a decent block in fairness.

Tbh if I were ye I'd split those.groups into 2 x 5 (assuming that works for ye) next year. Max I'd do a group is three and even then I'd be hard pushed too. A twosie gets you those deadly seat pairs up the sides of the Cusack tunnels.
    Group of 4
    Same seating group as every year for every match
    Worst seats ever

We are always in either 305/306/307/308,, until now. Cant see how a seating group of 4 is any different to 10 :confused: Same groups always around us, they are in 311 and 309 and 301. In fairness there's nearly 11,000 season ticket holders to look after!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Group of 4. Each block is around 28 seats wide and there would be around 50 rows per section. So thats around 1400 seats per block. So you'd need 8 blocks to fit the 11k season ticket holders.
    So in their defence thats a big ask. Unless they swap them to the Hogan Stand and/or upper Cusack.

yop wrote: »
    Group of 4. Each block is around 28 seats wide and there would be around 50 rows per section. So thats around 1400 seats per block. So you'd need 8 blocks to fit the 11k season ticket holders.
    So in their defence thats a big ask. Unless they swap them to the Hogan Stand and/or upper Cusack.

11k? Really? Wow.

In fairness some Dubs are lobbed up to the 700s.

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »

Of course, hill 16 season tickets wouldn't be in cusack, later dublin season tickets are in upper cusack. Where do the parnell pass holders be? I'd estimate about 6,000 season tickets to be catered for in the cusack. There would be some not qualifying for final tickets too. About 3,700 out of over 4,000 mayo qualified.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Group of 4 Dub tickets since the start . 305 Y for Semi and 303 for final.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Ticket landed yesterday section 305......delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Thibus

Group of 5 here. 100% attendance, always seated in 305 or 306. Moved to 303 for the final. Was 306 for last year's too

Loads getting caught up o the section they're in. The Row is wat more important imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Loads getting caught up o the section they're in. The Row is wat more important imho.

I disagree unless its way back in the 400's.

I like the view from row Z or the double numbers back to row HH.

But being down in rows A-D you are right in the action. It reminds me of my footballing heyday... It's exactly like the view from the bench.

DDC1990 wrote: »

But being down in rows A-D you are right in the action. It reminds me of my footballing heyday... It's exactly like the view from the bench.

Can't agree. You can't see anything of the flow of the game that low down or player positions. Do not like.

T back is where I like on the lower tiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Can't agree. You can't see anything of the flow of the game that low down or player positions. Do not like.

To be honest to see the flow of the game tactically Row A in the Premium, Coperate or Upper Tiers can't be beaten.

I love it.

You get a different feel for the game down at the front in the Lower Tiers as long as its central. Forget avout the Lower Davin or the Hill if tou actually want to watch the game.

I don't understand how the Hill is so popular, when half the time is spent looking at the hands of the guy in front of you chanting.

It does explain some of the more warped perspectives on the game we get here though.

To be honest to see the flow of the game tactically Row A in the Premium, Coperate or Upper Tiers can't be beaten.

I love it.

You get a different feel for the game down at the front in the Lower Tiers as long as its central. Forget avout the Lower Davin or the Hill if tou actually want to watch the game.

I don't understand how the Hill is so popular, when half the time is spent looking at the hands of the guy in front of you chanting.

It does explain some of the more warped perspectives on the game we get here though.

It's been a long long time since I graced the Hill or Nally. I think the last time I was in the Nally was for Ireland v France in 2009. Before that possibly 2007.

Yeah, front of the upper tiers (and the premium) is a great spot for an overview of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Once your seat is somewhat elevated then the section doesn't really matter at all! Only exception to this is the Hill and Davin Stand where the view is only good when the ball is at that end of the field,. Have t say I've never had a bad seat in Croke Park!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I really don't get the apparent lack of love for the lower rows,I'd echo your reasoning.For the 2013 we'd seats I believe in row D section 309 on the 21 yard line Davin Stand end.Perfect.

My mate hates it,prefers the more panoramic view from rows further back to earlier double letters...LL...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Menoetius

eastmayo wrote: »
    Ticket landed yesterday section 305......delighted.

That's a Dublin section, feck off up to 311 with you! ;)

I hope I get luckier in the "draw" for sections for the replay
    311 today and they were very poor
    And as an aside its was almost entirely mayo .

Great news, I hope the U16 prices apply to our juvenile STs.
    Tickets for the stands will be available for €60, while admission to the Dineen/Hill16 terraces will cost €30.

There will also be a limited number of €10 tickets available for under 16s, and none on general sale.

Two years ago ticket prices for Kilkenny and Tipperary's hurling final replay were cut from €80 to €50 for the stands and €25 from €40 for the terrace.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2016/0919/817573-ticket-prices-slashed-for-all-ireland-final-replay/

Email from ST office:

CROKE PARK, 1st October 2016

Dublin v Mayo

Following yesterday's draw the All Ireland Final Replay will take place on Saturday October 1st at 5pm.

The full list of Season Ticket(s) that qualify on your Season Ticket account are listed at the end of this email. We have sent this email to the main Account holder's email address only so please inform your family and friends who have qualified.

Details:

Tickets are priced as follows:

€60 Adult

€10 Juvenile (U16)

You will be seated in the Cusack Stand. You can 'Opt Out' if you wish. The cut-off time is 10am Wednesday 21st September.

Please confirm that your payment card details are correct as soon as possible. We will be processing payments on Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd Sept and if your card is out of date we cannot allocate your tickets. Click here for a simple Userguide to Update Payment Details.

Once payments have been processed you will be required to log in to your Season Ticket account to print off your match ticket(s). Tickets will be available to print from 2pm on Friday September 23rd.

SEASON TICKET ACCOUNT LOG IN- click here

Well done again and if you have any queries, let us know by email to seasonticket@gaa.ie - qualified Season Tickets are listed below.

Qualified Season Ticket Names:

BonnieSituation

BonnieSituation's brother

Oh wow 10 euro for the juvenile
    That's excellent
    Had assumed it was full whack again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Are we likely to get the same seats again??I know it's probably wishful thinking on my part.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Are we likely to get the same seats again??I know it's probably wishful thinking on my part.

I hope not
    Assume it will be "random" again so I may not be on the end line

seligehgit wrote: »

Unlikely to get the same seats again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,434 ✭✭✭Trampas

A friend of mine got a ticket for the game at the weekend in section 306 and didn't have ST on it. Had the person name on it but didn't have any reference to season ticket unlike mine. We were 303.

Make what you want from that

Advertisement