Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

Meant to post ages ago but theres planning permission being saught for turning the classic into a hostel.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,824 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Deub wrote: »
    Where is Miyazaki's new place?

I heard that Fenn's Quay is going to be the new location.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

@BaoBoiCork opening on Barrack Street on 7th December, serving Taiwanese steamed buns. Sounds delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Thursday is the opening day for chopped in Glasheen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Chopped is awful imo. the texture and taste of a shredded salad tastes all wrong. Had it once in Dublin airport never again, pales in comparison to loving salads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭bot43

Barcadia opened last week. Im assuming its in the Mardyke complex, but where?

bot43 wrote: »

Just passed it yesterday, I could see the signage from the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

bot43 wrote: »

Where the Porterhouse was as far as I know.

Was heading for my weekly subway at the South street subway today and found it dark and locked? Anyone hear if it's closed up or just temporary. Surprised if its closed as I was in it every week and its always fairy busy.
    Where the Porterhouse was as far as I know.

No, its on the far side of the complex to where the porterhouse was. The holy smoke is still in the porterhouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Some shop opening in merchants quay soon cant remember the name its on the unit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Anyone know why Foxes Flowers closed on Model Farm rd?
    (Theyve moved to Ballycureen)

ofcork wrote: »
    Some shop opening in merchants quay soon cant remember the name its on the unit.

I heard that the whole merchant's quay complex is due for refurbishment/replacement, is this true?

Went to the revamped Raven today. Nicely done, just had a (mediocre) coffee, but the food and cocktail menus look *amazing*.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    I heard that the whole merchant's quay complex is due for refurbishment/replacement, is this true?

Yes not sure when its happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Deub

I heard that Fenn's Quay is going to be the new location.

You were right: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/food-and-drink/takashi-miyazaki-to-open-japanese-fine-dining-restaurant-in-cork-1.3320550?mode=amp

85€ the no choice menu. It will be an expensive restaurant.

Good Day Deli opening on Thursday, brunch menu to come in January. Nano nagle centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

JD's Bar (Sams) in Ballincollig is re-opening this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

Saw the Fellas place in Blackpool opened, the reviews so far are... not the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I see Eli Lilly are building a new office block down in Little Island. It's already a nightmare to get out of there so lets add another 500 employees on to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

titan18 wrote: »
    I see Eli Lilly are building a new office block down in Little Island. It's already a nightmare to get out of there so lets add another 500 employees on to that.

The Dunkettle Interchange works will include improvements to road access to little island including a new junction and roadway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The offices should be built in the city centre where there is decent public transport access and not out in Little Island.

It's only good planning.

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The offices should be built in the city centre where there is decent public transport access and not out in Little Island.

It's only good planning.

With the county council retaining control of little island this will only continue to happen. They want as much rates as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

titan18 wrote: »

I dread this. I work in the middle of Eastgate Business Park and the last few months, trying to get out of the place between half 4 and 6 is beyond a disaster. They keep adding these massive office blocks but the roads remain the same, there will have to be serious upgrades done to alleviate the pressure, a simple off ramp onto the N25 towards the tunnel would make a huge difference.

CHealy wrote: »
    I dread this. I work in the middle of Eastgate Business Park and the last few months, trying to get out of the place between half 4 and 6 is beyond a disaster. They keep adding these massive office blocks but the roads remain the same, there will have to be serious upgrades done to alleviate the pressure, a simple off ramp onto the N25 towards the tunnel would make a huge difference.

The Dunkettle upgrade includes this.

VP02_FINAL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

It's great, but again, where are all these new workers and their families if they have them (assuming they're not in Cork already) going to live?

Wasn't O'Flynn applying for 500 units near Glanmire earlier in the year? Presume it's still going through planning. BAM applied for c.300 units in Carrigtwohill in June. Still in planning. There's plenty of housing in the works in East Cork in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

nerwen wrote: »
    Saw the Fellas place in Blackpool opened, the reviews so far are... not the best.

It's better than KFC foodwise, service was not at speed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,936 ✭✭✭✭titan18

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The Dunkettle Interchange works will include improvements to road access to little island including a new junction and roadway.

Isn't that only down to start in 2019, whereas the Eli Lilly building will be open in 2019, and that's without any delays. I mean it's been talked about for years now so I'll be surprised if it even starts then.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The Dunkettle upgrade includes this.

VP02_FINAL.jpg

that does not address the particular congestion issues in little island. factoring in traffic growth in thew next 3 years, that project imo will do nothing to alleviate traffic in little island.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

mire wrote: »
    that does not address the particular congestion issues in little island. factoring in traffic growth in thew next 3 years, that project imo will do nothing to alleviate traffic in little island.
    As someone who worked in that area of Little Island, it would be a very good addition to split up the traffic IMO. Wish it was there at the time.

Advertisement