Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Trampoline shop seems to be opening in time for Xmas in Little Island....are we 'bouncing back'...Celtic Tiger 2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Trampoline shop seems to be opening in time for Xmas in Little Island....are we 'bouncing back'...Celtic Tiger 2.0?

Trampoline in December? I'd say that'll get some use Christmas morning :rolleyes:

It's hardly Celtic Tiger a trampoline, I'm sure I bought our one for about 80 a few years ago in smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Eh its not a trampoline shop its a play area for kids with loads of trampolines, like monkey maze etc but prob more suited to slightly older kids. Think they have a soft area, ball pit too for younger kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

Eh its not a trampoline shop its a play area for kids with loads of trampolines, like monkey maze etc but prob more suited to slightly older kids. Think they have a soft area, ball pit too for younger kids.

There's a trampoline place in Doughcloyne with the last few years called Bounce Zone. It's the same idea, wall to wall sunken trampolines, foam pit etc. Very popular for birthday parties and such.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Harika

Harika wrote: »
    Fellas.ie, what seems to be a fast food outlet is opening soon in Blackpool Shopping Center, where KFC was. They seem to have skipped the Roosters Piri Piri, what is still opening soon, but progress inside looks like it is painfully slow.

Fellas is opening on the 27th of November according to their facebook page, and at lunch time there was one person working at Roosters. Going forward again. But seems they will miss out the Christmas madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭snotboogie

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

I believe this to be true. Off cobh cross junction apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,138 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Where is the site? Not Amgen according to the Examiner. Roads and junctions will need serious upgrading. Great for East Cork though. Unfortunately I can see plenty of NIMBYs coming out in force.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭mire

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Where is the site? Not Amgen according to the Examiner. Roads and junctions will need serious upgrading. Great for East Cork though. Unfortunately I can see plenty of NIMBYs coming out in force.

I'd say it's the lands north of the N25, south of the old main road, west of the cobh cross interchange. More or less across from the Fota Business Park, adjacent to the recently developed 'Torro' furniture shop site. Greenfield site, zoned for 'Business' uses afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,348 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Smiggle is opening in Mahon Point!

• Advertisement

Smiggle is opening on the 15th December!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Haven't searched the whole thread - but does anyone know what's opened on Lapp's Quay in the old Club Brasserie location?

I saw something when passing by last weekend, but didn't pay much attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

who_me wrote: »
    Haven't searched the whole thread - but does anyone know what's opened on Lapp's Quay in the old Club Brasserie location?

I saw something when passing by last weekend, but didn't pay much attention.

https://www.facebook.com/DocklandCork/?ref=br_rs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭opus

Spotted on twitter, hadn't heard of this burger joint before - https://wowburger.ie/

434890.jpg

The previous Wagamama place.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Just what we need :/ have we reached peak burger?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Just what we need :/ have we reached peak burger?

We've had the burger craze, the doughnut craze and sure we even have Holy Smoke with the doughnut burger :pac: Can't wait for Miyazaki's new place to open!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,997 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ive been to the WOW burger on Wicklow St, its nice probably not as good as Bunsen.

Wowburger look to be owned by the same lads who own/run Suas, Captain America and the Vintage Cocktail Club. Wagamama is another one of their brands as is the Workman's Club in Dublin.

I've never had it, can't say I thought Cork needed another burger place but, sure, it beats an empty premises!

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

not sure if its been mentioned yet but specsavers coming to mahon point soon

kdowling wrote: »
    not sure if its been mentioned yet but specsavers coming to mahon point soon

I think it's going in where the Credit Union was. Smiggle is going into Here's Health!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Deub

We've had the burger craze, the doughnut craze and sure we even have Holy Smoke with the doughnut burger :pac: Can't wait for Miyazaki's new place to open!

Where is Miyazaki's new place?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Salad craze as well, I see these Chopped counters opening....some mark-up for a salad bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭nerwen

Deub wrote: »

Nowhere yet, but it's going to be upscale Japanese dining when it does come around. Can't wait. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Salad craze as well, I see these Chopped counters opening....some mark-up for a salad bowl.
    It is but you're paying for convenience - I'll say this much about chopped - you pay over the odds but you get damn healthy eating and you'll be stuffed after one of their wraps, they're jammed.

D'Agger wrote: »
    It is but you're paying for convenience - I'll say this much about chopped - you pay over the odds but you get damn healthy eating and you'll be stuffed after one of their wraps, they're jammed.

I wasn't remotely impressed when I got it in Little Island recently. More lettuce than anything.

Had much nicer salads in Rocket Man and Lovin' Salads!

nerwen wrote: »
    Deub wrote: »

Nowhere yet, but it's going to be upscale Japanese dining when it does come around. Can't wait. :D
    It's just a concept right? We could be waiting a while

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭what the hell!

I wasn't remotely impressed when I got it in Little Island recently. More lettuce than anything.

Agreed. Lovin Salads on Washington street is miles ahead.

snotboogie wrote: »

Takashi Miyazaki started hiring staff a few months ago to train them up for the restaurant.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Cork-to-get-a-taste-of-Japanese-fine-dining-879d936e-0004-4254-a041-5c91a5a14b5b-ds

Echo reported that there was no location secured but that he was planning to have staff trained over the coming months to open in 2018.

snotboogie wrote: »

Takashi Miyazaki started hiring staff a few months ago to train them up for the restaurant.

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Cork-to-get-a-taste-of-Japanese-fine-dining-879d936e-0004-4254-a041-5c91a5a14b5b-ds

Echo reported that there was no location secured but that he was planning to have staff trained over the coming months to open in 2018.
    Ah right, fantastic news!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Agreed. Lovin Salads on Washington street is miles ahead.

Sadly I work in Little Island and Rocket Man & Lovin aren't feasible for me - having a healthy option instead of KFC etc. is handy for me.

I've heard a few people call out the lettuce is the chief ingredient alright and I don't get it myself - had a few bowls & wraps there and I've been stuffed and I'd eat a fair amount. Sweet Potato, avocado, brown rice, turkey etc. - very handy, I'm not sure I'd go there if it was in the city as you've said - I'd prob go to Lovin or Rocket man alright, but I'm happy to see more options available than fast food outlets.

Advertisement