Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Yes, lots of blank pages when i try to go to a new thread, or quote and reply.

'Go to first unread post' takes me to a few pages back also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Okay, weird stuff now happening (like the fact I can't reach the final page of this thread so I'm typing blind) - pages are not loading unless refreshed a few times.

edit - I see I'm late to this party!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

it was all going so well:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

We're getting the blank pages here too and are looking at that first. We're also seeing the "last unread" links are somewhat out of whack and loading old content, so that's on the list next.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Spear wrote: »
    I'm getting blank pages intermittenly now.
    Me too. Hitting refresh, sometimes 2 or 3 times brings the page up. Seems totally random which pages are affected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Why do same things keep breaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No blank pages now, looks like whatever magic done is working.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

In the view single post view, clicking the link at the top right-hand corner would normally bring one to that post in thread view but now it's jumping to a random page.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Problems logging on on the desktop version this morning- error "Error: Unable to parse JSON data......."

Note- manage attachments also hung just now........

I can't open any attachments- including the one I posted earlier- and am getting blank pages perhaps every 3rd or 4th link I follow (aka about 60-75% of pages load fine- the others just are blank- no error message or anything- just blank......)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Dav wrote: »
    I don't know what's gone wrong with it, we thought it was sorted. It's back on the bugs list now though, thank you :)

Fixed yesterday, and broke again today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I'm getting adds on the touch beta site as a subscriber.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Post of the day hasn't updated in 4 days, disappointing.

Reported this 5 days ago, post of the day still not there! 9 days now!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Thread of the day isn't there either.

New Home wrote: »
    Thread of the day isn't there either.

Reported 7 days ago, problem now there 11 days.

Really are taking the piss now DAV.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

check-your-privilege.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seriously? You think the guys in the office are sitting there scratching their holes instead of sorting out this "major" bug? Sure maybe they could just drop everything to do with the new site that they're working on to sort this out for you because clearly it's causing you major stress. Some people need a large dose of perspective sometimes. I don't often use it, but rarely has this been so appropriate. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

You know you can still see the post with the most thanks anyway?

That's great! I suppose we should just leave it broken then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

That's great! I suppose we should just leave it broken then?
    Of course not. But it's a workaround while it gets fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

How?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Some people seriously need to chill.........

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

The attitude taken here is seriously fowl, it's not major issue and ah sure paddy we don't need to do anything about that. I know I'm not a subscriber and I certainly won't become one, considering the attitude from mods an Admin that I shouldn't even report the issue!

I wasn't overly annoyed about it, but it is a feature of the site I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

The attitude taken here is seriously fowl, it's not major issue and ah sure paddy we don't need to do anything about that. I know I'm not a subscriber and I certainly won't become one, considering the attitude from mods that I shouldn't even report the issue.

I wasn't overly annoyed about it, but it is a feature of the site I like.

yK8IiQu.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The attitude taken here is seriously fowl

I agree, apology accepted.

Nobody said you shouldn't report the bug, but when you post something like this:
    Carnacalla wrote:

over what is an incredibly trivial issue with a feature that most people wouldn't look at from one end of the year to the other then it is hard to take your complaint seriously.

Zaph wrote: »
    I agree, apology accepted.
    Your attempts at humour are very unsatisfying.
    over what is an incredibly trivial issue with a feature that most people wouldn't look at from one end of the year to the other then it is hard to take your complaint seriously.

I reported it, 6 times, that is taking the piss. Of course yano, you shouldn't have any bother being an admin and all and we should all just shut up and use what is of the site.

I agree it is a small issue, but your post is basically denouncing that it should be fixed at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Your attempts at humour are very unsatisfying.

I reported it, 6 times, that is taking the piss. Of course yano, you shouldn't have any bother being an admin and all and we should all just shut up and use what is of the site.

I agree it is a small issue, but your post is basically denouncing that it should be fixed at all!

And the attitude in your posts displays a lot of what is wrong with the internet these days. Keyboard warriors with an over-inflated sense of entitlement and delusional grasp on their perceived right to post what they want while displaying a spectacular inability to grasp the realities behind running a site such as this.

As far as I am concerned, if it is bothering you that much, go find another site to moan about.

Any more jip from you on this thread and it's a ban from Feedback for you. So keep it constructive, our you're outta here. Consider this a warning.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    And the attitude in your posts displays a lot of what is wrong with the internet these days. Keyboard warriors with an over-inflated sense of entitlement and delusional grasp on their perceived right to post what they want while displaying a spectacular inability to grasp the realities behind running a site such as this.

As far as I am concerned, if it is bothering you that much, go find another site to moan about.

Any more jip from you on this thread and it's a ban from Feedback for you. So keep it constructive, our you're outta here. Consider this a warning.

And you think that because.......I reported that an aspect of the site was broken and wasn't being fixed?

The "If you don't like it leave" is a very Irish solution to a problem. I'm perfectly happy to stay, I'd just be happier with the issue fixed:D

Also, Ban me if you wish, then we can talk later and discuss this maturely.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

And you think that because.......I reported that an aspect of the site was broken and wasn't being fixed?

No, I think that because you reported an issue six times.

• Advertisement

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    No, I think that because you reported an issue six times.

To be fair, it was not like I reported it hourly either. Isn't it the ethic of general consumer welfare, report it so often as to get it fixed, but not too often as you become downright creepy?
    What I will hopefully take from this is a working "Post of the day" function.

And be glad I haven't posted about it not working today, at least not yet :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement