Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

BDJW wrote: »
    I cannot log on via my laptop this morning, I am receiving the too many login failure message. Is the site having issues again?

Same problem here. I can only log in via the mobile site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

BDJW wrote: »
    I cannot log on via my laptop this morning, I am receiving the too many login failure message. Is the site having issues again?

Same with me from desktop. Can get in via mobile though. Getting ridiculous at this stage

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Can't access it from my mobile- unless I disable all https connections (then it works fine). Also can't access it via work (government networks) as our VPN insists on only allowing https connections- and I'm getting an unknown issuer certificate error for Boards.ie (and a rake of other sites) this morning. Apparently cloudflare are aware of the issue.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Anyone receiving the 'too many login attempts' error should be able to log back in now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Anyone receiving the 'too many login attempts' error should be able to log back in now :)

Yep, I can get back in on my laptop now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Desktop login is broken again.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Still can't login on desktop.

h3000 wrote: »
    Desktop login is broken again.
    Loughc wrote: »
    Still can't login on desktop.

Andres tells me this is fixed now - let me know if you're still having an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Andres tells me this is fixed now - let me know if you're still having an issue.

This is the first time Ive been able to log in all morning on any device.

I wasnt able to report it though because this forum doesnt allow guest posting, nor does anywhere in Help.

What should one do in that situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Emailing hello@boards.ie I think is your only option in that case.

• Advertisement

This is the first time Ive been able to log in all morning on any device.

I wasnt able to report it though because this forum doesnt allow guest posting, nor does anywhere in Help.

What should one do in that situation?
    E-mail hello@boards.ie I'd say. :)

Yep, as advised you can always email me on hello@boards.ie or as some others did, you can also tweet us @boards or post on our Facebook page/send a private message on Facebook :)https://www.facebook.com/boards.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I am getting intermittent failure to post responses in threads again over the past week or so ....... similar to what I previously reported.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,722 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yep, as advised you can always email me on hello@boards.ie or as some others did, you can also tweet us @boards or post on our Facebook page/send a private message on Facebook :)https://www.facebook.com/boards.ie/
    Or, if you're particularly impatient like me, do all three!*

:P Sorry!

*Don't do all three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Where's post and thread of the day today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

There was a glitch with POTD and TOTD that we have hopefully sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,073 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Are these changes anything to do with the site not loading properly for me all day today?

I'm on the laptop, and the pages won't fully load - if I click to bring me to the latest post it'll go to somewhere nearby and hang until I scroll up or down to it. The little circly thingy is whirling away the whole time, like it's never quite fully loaded (ho ho). And it's INCREDIBLY slow the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Having trouble replying to messages says the message was to short even though in the reply I type over 250 letters very annoying having to repeat yourself didn't have a clue what I was talking about the first time!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,958 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I got an email a while ago which contained this..."You have requested to reset your password for your boards.ie account. To do so please Click Here"

I didnt request this so is part of the ongoing problems? I haven't had any other issues today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Having trouble replying to messages says the message was to short even though in the reply I type over 250 letters very annoying having to repeat yourself didn't have a clue what I was talking about the first time!

Look back I reported a similar issue a while ago. iirc there was something strange about the font in use in the reply box when it happened to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

my3cents wrote: »
    Look back I reported a similar issue a while ago. iirc there was something strange about the font in use in the reply box when it happened to me.

???

???

I couldn't be bothered to find my previous post about a similar issue either.

So this just started happening with a banner ad. Blocking the My Forums bar.

So this just started happening with a banner ad. Blocking the My Forums bar.

Its been reported in Inappropriate ads-post links here .

my3cents wrote: »
    Its been reported in Inappropriate ads-post links here .

Ah, I saw it as a bug more than an inappropriate ad, so didn't check there.

Ah, I saw it as a bug more than an inappropriate ad, so didn't check there.

That thread title should be changed to say "Inappropriate and Annoying ads-post links here" .

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭chocksaway

OSI wrote: »
    It's now under Talk To.. -> Boards.ie -> What's New.

Logic!

So many more buttons to press! As a non-paying user of this site it is not acceptable! :D

Really.. Help & Feedback should be a lot more prominent and possibly placed by itself.

If this change helps to reduce the amount of off-topic threads in Feedback as of late, I wholeheartedly support it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Post of the day hasn't updated in 4 days, disappointing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement