Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Mr Robot wrote: »
    Hazard to De Brunye

Considering this but Chelsea have Villa at home next. If ever there was a game for them to rediscover form...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Already did a -4...

Albrighton -> Wanyama as my boring housekeeping transfer... but that in turn enabled Yaya -> De Bruyne.

Still lots needs to be done to my squad though... Pedro will probably drop like a stone over the break, so a -8 could be needed there whilst Mignolet and Kolorov are candidates for a transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AdMMM wrote: »
    Already did a -4...

Albrighton -> Wanyama as my boring housekeeping transfer... but that in turn enabled Yaya -> De Bruyne.

Still lots needs to be done to my squad though... Pedro will probably drop like a stone over the break, so a -8 could be needed there whilst Mignolet and Kolorov are candidates for a transfer.
    Don't transfer Kolarov out before Bournemouth at home. He will inevitably murder you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Pedro already transferred out... Mane back in...

My team is a shambles atm.. Wildcard 3 weeks ago didn't work out as planned but was badly required at the time..

Need to offload Sinclair, Wilson, Targett, McCartey & Zouma... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Kolarov looks great going forward. He could and should have had a hatful of assist points this week. Definitely don't touch before Bournemouth.

Thinking I might bank this week. I essentially have the team that I want. If anything I might do a little housekeeping. Will definitely wait till after the internationals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

CSF wrote: »
    Don't transfer Kolarov out before Bournemouth at home. He will inevitably murder you.
    Yeah, Kolorov and Mignolet are in the wait and see camp after a couple of gameweeks. Kolorov was very unlucky yesterday alright!

KBD and someone in, Yaya and Darmian out. Then a nervy wait over the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Might try to bank it. Mahrez to Mane is about the only transfer I'd do but haven't near the funds for that. I only have 0.7 banked and would imagine there's near 2 mil between the two lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Might try to bank it. Mahrez to Mane is about the only transfer I'd do but haven't near the funds for that. I only have 0.7 banked and would imagine there's near 2 mil between the two lads.

Just posted the same possible transfer in General Chat, I can afford it but whether I have the balls to do it is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Dónal wrote: »
    KBD and someone in, Yaya and Darmian out. Then a nervy wait over the break.

Why Darmian? I've seen him being mentioned over the last few weeks, I can't see him losing his place to Valencia anytime soon and United are one of the better options out there (especially since the return of DDG) imo.

• Advertisement

PARlance wrote: »
    Why Darmian? I've seen him being mentioned over the last few weeks, I can't see him losing his place to Valencia anytime soon and United are one of the better options out there (especially since the return of DDG) imo.

He's the easiest transfer out tbh. Cutting him for Cedric possibly who has a nice run. I need to downsize someone to get in KDB and he's the only one jumping out at me.

Need to get one of the Saints attackers in too, but that'll have to wait until the following game week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Rikand wrote: »
    Kolarov looks great going forward. He could and should have had a hatful of assist points this week. Definitely don't touch before Bournemouth.

Clichy back next gw though. He's the only one I can downgrade to fund KDB for -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did Pedro to kdb. May take a -8 depending on how today goes. My defence needs sorting. I wouldn't be writing Pedro off as an ff asset however there is something serious going down at Chelsea so I wouldn't be judging any of there players till it's sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Did Sterling -> Mane last night. Will wait til after break for anything else.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Clichy back next gw though. He's the only one I can downgrade to fund KDB for -8.

Kolarov starts at home to Bournemouth IMO for sure regardless of Clichy fitness. It's a game made for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Pedro and Bojan out, Cabaye and Pelle in. I'll wait a few days and see how the internationals go for injuries.
    Could also get mane instead of Cabaye but id need a 4pt hit to free up money to get mane ...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kolarov starts at home to Bournemouth IMO for sure regardless of Clichy fitness. It's a game made for him.

Just like he was home to Newcastle

Based on form KDB should out score kolorov therefore it's not a bad transfer. KDB could go up 0.3 before next GW and if funds are tight has to be done.

Maybe it's time to get off the kolorov train

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

May take another -4. Will wait until after the games today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Done Pedro to Sanchez hopefully not too early but just about had the money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ace2007 wrote: »

Based on form KDB should out score kolorov therefore it's not a bad transfer. KDB could go up 0.3 before next GW and if funds are tight has to be done.

Such tough decisions :( Either Kolarov or dump Bellerin before watford for a 4.5 def

• Advertisement

To be fair, in terms of the conversation of whether Kolarov will start next week, Kolarov was great yesterday. Pellegrini won't be looking at his poor FPL produce in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Mane and Lukaku or Payet and Pelle. Leaning towards the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

To be fair, in terms of the conversation of whether Kolarov will start next week, Kolarov was great yesterday. Pellegrini won't be looking at his poor FPL produce in recent weeks.

ah yea i expect him to start, but in terms of his returns in last few matches, and the fact that if you have to choose between KDB or Kolorov, it's KDB for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Mane and Lukaku or Payet and Pelle. Leaning towards the latter.

The latter.

Lukaku will break your heart far more often than pelle.

ah yea i expect him to start, but in terms of his returns in last few matches, and the fact that if you have to choose between KDB or Kolorov, it's KDB for me.

It is but not necessarily by 4 points. I'd be looking at an alternative way of doing it if one exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

spock. wrote: »
    So many good options in midfield .
    I think Sanchez, Mahrez, Payet and arguably De Bruyne are all pretty much essential now. It's making it very hard to fit the likes of Mata and Mane in though.

My problem exactly. I'm thinking of going for a 5 man midfield if/when Martial plateaus. Swap him out for a cheapie and upgrade Surman to Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Going to have to pull the trigger on Pedro -> Mata and Gomis -> Pelle tonight or I'll get stung by rises/drops. I know it's not ideal, but it worked out alright the last time I did it for the same reason.

Do people think it's a good switch for a -4 taking into account the price rises/falls of the aforementioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Paully D wrote: »
    Going to have to pull the trigger on Pedro -> Mata and Gomis -> Pelle tonight or I'll get stung by rises/drops. I know it's not ideal, but it worked out alright the last time I did it for the same reason.

Do people think it's a good switch for a -4 taking into account the price rises/falls of the aforementioned?

I took a big hit last weekend and on this occasion it paid off. I don't think there's any problem with taking an odd large hit if it's required but we're almost pre-conditioned to pull away from it these days.

The 2 you're looking at definitely need to be done. Pedro is a great player but as FHC said earlier the Chelsea squad is toxic at the moment. From the first match when Oscar gestured strangely over to the bench after scoring and did not really celebrate it's been obvious that something was rotten in the camp. Coupled with Mourinhos fairly mad (yet again) post match interview yesterday I wouldn't touch Chelsea (I only have Begovic and I'm looking at shipping him out when I can)

I think Pelle is a good move. I think Mata is a good move. I'd go for it.

Want Gomez out as I see a price drop happening. Have Kolorov, Kompany, Martin and Darwin and 1.2 in the bank.

Rest of team is
    Myhill, McCarthy
    Sanchez, Mahrez, Ayew, Payet, Redmond
    Aguero, Igalho, Martial

Happy enough with them, just defence needs sorting. Starting with Gomez. Any suggestions?

Definitely getting rid of Gomez.

Any suggestions as to a replacement? Maybe Targett?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

Those thinking of bringing in Mane can anyone explain Senegal's upcoming fixtures? Seems like they have a game every couple of weeks? Will Mane be gone for these?

They appear to be playing:

7 Oct / 13 Oct / 15 Oct & 22 Oct.

Am I missing something as I've read nothing about this previously?

http://ie.soccerway.com/teams/senegal/senegal/1941/

Advertisement