Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭lassykk

CSF wrote: »
    Just looked it up. Different cup. This one is only for people playing in their domestic league. So Mané won't be playing. African Nations is next in Jan 2017 and any qualifiers will have to fall in with the specified FIFA fixtures.

Cheers for that. Didn't think it could be an issue when no one else had mentioned it.

Pedro to Mane done... Will make a call on my other transfer as late as possible... Need to get rid of Gomez and Sagna but not sure to who. Already have Francis/Martin/Darmian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I bought Martial for Cash gains primarily, he's made me .2 and now I was thinking of either Pelle or Lukaku.

Pelle has a nice enough run of games and Lukaku has great games from GW11 onwards. What do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Dier to belly at some stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

My team is pretty decent for now, even though I want to get rid of three players: Sako, Darmian and McCarthy. All can be easily benched for the next GW but I'm getting increasingly worried for Myhill's likelihood of starting in goals. I'm struggling to find a good defender in in replacement of Darmian. Bellerin would be nice, but I want some funds to get Gomes in goals. I'm thinking about either Stoke or So'ton.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

You're going to have to get rid of one of those two defenders (Targett and Gomez) anyways. I wouldn't get rid of Martial however. Maybe get rid of Sinclair and get someone a little cheaper? Worth the hits imo anyways.

I think Pelle has much better fixtures though? Gomez is definitely going for a cheapie defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Took a -8 Ings Pedro and Gomez OUT Pelle Mane and Dawson IN. Fingers crossed i don't suffer any injuries over the int'l break, but the differences in prices if i wait is just too much to suffer. Now hoping for Southampton to batter Leicester and the hit to pay for itself

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is Mane not on ACON duty?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dempsey wrote: »

Its only 7 posts back..... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Think I might have had a brain freeze moment last night:(

Transferred Pedro out for Mata.
    Already have Kolorov,Silva and Aguero so that ruled out KDB.

Mildly worried now when I hear how poor Utd were today,didnt see the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Done Pedro and Gomis out KDB and Vardy in. Still need to get rid of Gomez and possibly Evans.

Panic buys really but needed to do something before price rises.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »

nope. there's an 'African Nations Championship' (different to ACON) - confined to players that play in the national leagues of their respective countries

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Think I might have had a brain freeze moment last night:(

Transferred Pedro out for Mata.
    Already have Kolorov,Silva and Aguero so that ruled out KDB.

Mildly worried now when I hear how poor Utd were today,didnt see the game.

While they were poor, the game was over after 15 mins, Rooney needs to be dropped from that team fast, i hardly heard mata's name mention, Martial had one very good chance that was saved and also showed good skill and has the pace to get in behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Mane or Payet,

I haven't really seen Payet play but he is a magnet for the bonus points, however Mane was incredible yesterday with Pelle, and will get goals.

Most folk seem to have Payet, should i get him as a blocker, or go with Mane. I already have Pelle.

Bellerin or Bertie. And why?

Both attacking monsters but Southampton look to have better fixtures fir clean sheets over the next 4 or 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Bellerin or Bertie. Any why?

Both attacking monsters but Southampton look to have better fixtures fir clean sheets over the next 4 or 5.

Bertrand had a decent chance to score yesterday. Was getting forward well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Colking wrote: »
    I bought Martial for Cash gains primarily, he's made me .2 and now I was thinking of either Pelle or Lukaku.

Pelle has a nice enough run of games and Lukaku has great games from GW11 onwards. What do you think ?

I'm seriously thinking Martial to Pelle too and I already have Mane, they have a great run of fixtures.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Mane or Payet,

I haven't really seen Payet play but he is a magnet for the bonus points, however Mane was incredible yesterday with Pelle, and will get goals.

Most folk seem to have Payet, should i get him as a blocker, or go with Mane. I already have Pelle.

i'm going with Pelle & Mane now - don't have Payet. It's a tough call, both Mane and Payet scoring well, but i've seen Mane in 2 recent games now, and he's absolutely terrorising opposition defenders. Southampton have a pretty nice run of fixtures coming up too

manual_man wrote: »
    i'm going with Pelle & Mane now - don't have Payet. It's a tough call, both Mane and Payet scoring well, but i've seen Mane in 2 recent games now, and he's absolutely terrorising opposition defenders. Southampton have a pretty nice run of fixtures coming up too

I think I'll be going for Mane. Leicester up next who struggle for pace at the back. He'll run amok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

lougal88 wrote: »
    I think Pelle has much better fixtures though? Gomez is definitely going for a cheapie defender.

Yeah I suppose Southampton have better fixtures than Man Utd. I think that a lot of goals will be going through Martial, especially after his display against Arsenal. The goals will be mixed around with So'ton I'd say as well.

Martial or Pelle?
    What's the consensus?

• Advertisement

Martial or Pelle?
    What's the consensus?

both!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Would have to take an 8 point hit to get in Sanchez, not swapping for De Bruyne

manual_man wrote: »
    both!

Have Kun and Vardy. Can't have both im afraid

Thinking of going with this -8:

Yaya, Darmian and Martial out for:
    KDB, Bertrand and Pelle

Any thoughts? Will need to make the leap of faith tonight. Will leave me with:

Myhill McCarthy
    Bertrand Kolarov Bellerin Ward Richards
    Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez Westwood
    Aguero Pelle Vardy

Main issues would be risks over everyone for the break, plus Mahrez game time and news on Sanchez. Thoughts?

Have Kun and Vardy. Can't have both im afraid

tough choice then. Over the long-term i'd expect Martial to do better, but over the shorter term Pelle is maybe a better punt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Pelle in for Gomis, need to do it tonight to avoid a .2 swing. Nice to get rid of Gomis finally, he's done feck all for me really. Pelle's good form will cease now...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gone with the following for a -4. Price drops/rises forced my hand:

Pedro -> Mata
    Gomis -> Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I googled that the other day too. We are some bunch of weirdo's in here.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Am I mad to consider getting in Alexis (for Pedro) but holding Walcott?
    Don't like doubling up normally but both are playing fairly advanced.

Could do with getting rid of Darmian as well and not against taking a -8 hit.

Could do:
    Pedro-> Sanchez
    Darmian-> AN Other

Walcott->Mane/Payet/Mata depending on who I'd get in for Darmian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Gomis to Ighalo
    Sako to Mane
    -4 taken

Looks like il have to leave my defence for another week (Gomez)

Advertisement