Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

AdMMM wrote: »
    The rugby was boring me yesterday so I turned first to the bottle and then to my phone and it now seems I've taken a -12 for the week.

In looking for a silver lining, the good news is that I now have the team that I want and have it earlier than I thought I would. Obviously the bad news is the points hit and the fact that I'll be petrified over the international break!

What did you end up with? I did something similar but I'm happy enough with the front 7 I now have.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

This is it...

364653.png

Actually still need to take out Mignolet but not losing another four points!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I have both Walcott and sanchez and delighted to have both of them. City and arsenal will be the top 2 teams for goals scored this season IMO. Walcott will miss some games but you are getting a forward for 8.5 classed as a mid playing for a team that loves to attack so i feel its worth the risk. Walcott is playing great stuff at the minute but people are reluctant because of what happened at the start of the season.

I'm a 3-4-3 man but you make a good case for 3-5-2 because Walcott is essentially a striker for Arsenal. My front 8 is:

Sanchez KDB Payet Mahrez Wanyama
    Aguero Martial Vardy

The following could be interesting:

Sanchez KDB Payet Mane Walcott
    Aguero Vardy Ighalo

I'm 2.6 mil short of it though. I do think it could be worked into a team though as I have a few defenders 5.0 mil to 6.0 mil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I did Mata->Sanchez

I now have Aguero, DeBruyne and Sanchez as my heavy hitters in attack. De Gea, Sagna and Monreal are my heavy hitters in defence.
    Sagna is a bit of a worry but will hopefully get his place back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Menas wrote: »
    I did Mata->Sanchez

I now have Aguero, DeBruyne and Sanchez as my heavy hitters in attack. De Gea, Sagna and Monreal are my heavy hitters in defence.
    Sagna is a bit of a worry but will hopefully get his place back.

You'd have to imagine he will. Zab looked well off the pace. He was well exploited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kolarov used to be the ultimate maverick pick. A highly rotated player that could give unbelievable returns. People would still pick and just have good autosubs in the hope he wouldn't make a cameo when on the bench.

True but for the price of 6.2 as a premium defender it's far too much of a risk if he wasn't to start with an autosub replacing him that might score a mere 2 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

advice would be greatly appreciated here.

should i do Mata and Gomis ----> Mané and Martial for a -4?

I can't do Gomis to Martial without Mata to Mané, but I can obviously do Mata
    > Mané on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bertrand or Cedric?

Unsure where to nail my Southampton coverage when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

SlickRic wrote: »

> Mané on its own.

From a purely price rise point of view:

You've lost .1 on Pelle and Mane going up last night.

Pelle is currently going up 1.59% ph. I think you're safe to get another 2 rises out of him before GW9 if not 3.

Mane is currently going up .79% ph. He might not get another 2 (it would be very close though I think)

Mata is due a rise tonight.

Gomis is due to drop.

Martial is currently dropping @ 1.44%ph. He might drop/he might be safe.

I think you're well advised to sell Gomis right now. Mata to Mane is a bit tougher. Mane was fantastic last weekend but Southampton have a few conduits for scoring.

Utd at the moment seem to have 2 players whop can make attacks happen Mata and Martial. Martial I can see losing steam a little bit (famous last words) but Mata I think is more likely to be a nice steady points earner.

Whatever choice you make, I'd be looking to offload Gomis anyway. If the only way to do that and get a good replacement is Mata then I'd go for it.

Could Pelle and Mata work for you pricewise?

Edit: Sorry I misread your plan of Gomis to Martial as being Pelle (Probably because I did Martial to Pelle myself )

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

SlickRic wrote: »

> Mané on its own.

I don't think Martial will keep up the pace he started at. In fact, I think many (including myself, ultimately) will downgrade him to fund Aguero/Sanchez/KDB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Mr Robot wrote: »
    Just did Rooney to Costa there

Still have another transfer left

Lost few words on this one

How you

a) have Rooney still in your team and
    b) why you would pick Costa over all the on form and cheaper striking options - no to mention the money wasted on him instead of in midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Who do I take out for KDB.

4point hit needed to bring him in but need to I offload Hart orKolorov

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Who do I take out for KDB.

4point hit needed to bring him in but need to I offload Hart orKolorov

Off load Kolarov. He's too expensive at 6.2 to be a potential rotation risk soon.

At least with Hart, you've City coverage and KDB will get you guaranteed points.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

hogey143 wrote: »
    Off load Kolarov. He's too expensive at 6.2 to be a potential rotation risk soon.

At least with Hart, you've City coverage and KDB will get you guaranteed points.

I'd get rid of hart tbh. Imo kolarov is worth the risk, as he has a much higher ceiling with his potential attacking returns, whereas hart will get 6 points max. Kolarov + 4.5 keeper definitely beats hart + 4.5 def. I can't see him being dropped any time soon either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭LostArt

Yaya -> Silva. .1 short of De Bruyne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Any Payet owners tempted to ship him for Mane?
    He has been great for me but his underlying stats aren't the best and I can't see West Ham scoring many goals in their upcoming fixtures.

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    I'd get rid of hart tbh. Imo kolarov is worth the risk, as he has a much higher ceiling with his potential attacking returns, whereas hart will get 6 points max. Kolarov + 4.5 keeper definitely beats hart + 4.5 def. I can't see him being dropped any time soon either

But Dubliner28 is only making two changes. 1 to get KDB in and the other is to replace Kolarov/Hart out.

By taking Kolarov out, there's 6.2 to play around with to get a guaranteed defender starting at a top 4 team or spend it elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

spock. wrote: »
    Any Payet owners tempted to ship him for Mane?
    He has been great for me but his underlying stats aren't the best and I can't see West Ham scoring many goals in their upcoming fixtures.

I'd rather Payet to Mane. Payet will play 90 mins every week, is the attacking and creative hub of the team, and is great in the BPS system. Mane might not start next GW because of internationals again. After watching him a few times, Payet is definitely one that doesn't need strong underlying stats, he's arguably unlucky not to have more assists

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

LostArt wrote: »
    Yaya -> Silva. .1 short of De Bruyne.

I'd keep the transfer so and do a double one to get KDB the following week
    yaya will prb be fit for next game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Totally agree with this!!

Hart never gets bps or save points!

Kolarov & Myhill for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

But Dubliner28 is only making two changes. 1 to get KDB in and the other is to replace Kolarov/Hart out.

By taking Kolarov out, there's 6.2 to play around with to get a guaranteed defender starting at a top 4 team or spend it elsewhere.

Hart to Hennessy or Myhill & bank the money for future moved would be my move so!

1 to get kdb in and then hart to a 4.5. And kolarov is a guaranteed starter at a top 4 club atm

1 to get kdb in and then hart to a 4.5. And kolarov is a guaranteed starter at a top 4 club atm

I'd keep Kolarov in all day long but have seen so much about this rotation on Twitter, etc that has me thinking.

Same happened with Sagna this weekend and he hasn't put a foot wrong all season with Clichy is 'expected' back fit vs BOU. Although my points haul was good this weekend, seeing a City DF at 0 points killed me inside a little.

I'd keep Kolarov in all day long but have seen so much about this rotation on Twitter, etc that has me thinking.

Same happened with Sagna this weekend and he hasn't put a foot wrong all season with Clichy is 'expected' back fit vs BOU. Although my points haul was good this weekend, seeing a City DF at 0 points killed me inside a little.

Even without kolarov rotation worry, i wouldn't have hart in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

my 102 haul this week has allowed me some breathing space in many leagues so i decided to take a -4 for mata/ighalo in for gomis/barkely. will give mata a few weeks to see how he does, tough fixtures though.

defence needs some work. richards, evans, sagna and possibly williams need to go

dahat wrote: »
    Bertrand or Cedric?

Unsure where to nail my Southampton coverage when the time comes.

I did a check of Bertrand for his games so far and Cedric for the last 4 gameweeks - and the answer was Bertrand for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

Without meaning to sound ungrateful :rolleyes: I'd a poor week, due to The Tinkerman dropping Mahrez, Pelegrini dropping Sagna, and a poor bench - ultimately I'd 5 players not playing this weekend:

bjJEKiA.jpg

I've been guilty in past seasons of making too many transfers (often 2 transfers or more, week after week after week) so was trying to avoid that this year (and was doing very well, actually :pac:) but I had to take a couple of hits before prices started changing. So out went Pedro, Martial, Darmian and Gomez; and in came Sanchez, Pellé, Berty and Hangeland.

I still need to do something with Oxford; Sagna is a worry; I want to get Gomez in for Fab; and am open to the idea of shifting Backary Sako. I think -12 is already enough of a hit for this week, though.

Hazard and Martian..... Out
    Sánchez and Pellè...... In, no hits.

Happy with my team for the first time in ages.

Myhill
    Kolarov Bertrand Francis
    Mahrez Payet KDB Sánchez
    Agüero Pellè Ighalo

McCarthy Hoolahan Targett Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mane is a player I really want to get in but it will take me an 8 pt hit to do it this week. I looked into his starts after international duty since signing for southampton
    18 oct 2014 25 mins
    24 nov 2014 79 mins
    4 apr 2015 29 mins
    12 sep 2015 23 mins
    This convinced me to hold off for this week. Ayew at home to stoke on the MNF will have to do. However Mane will be coming in very soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Like a complete idiot, I transferred Dier in. Hadn't been following him beyond seeing he was scoring well, points wise, and just saw he's suspended.

This is the stupidest FPL move I've ever made.

Advertisement