Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 9 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Issac

Thanks for the opinions. I did have Bourc previously but I think Gomes and Myhill rotate pretty well for the next while and I don't really want to double up on Newcastle and or CRY defense, don't trust them!

Only issue will be getting Kun back in but I'll cross that when I have to. Would you stilk with Mane or downgrade him (to Cabye???) and upgrage Ighalo to Pelle?

The last formation I posted left 0.7 ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Done Silva to De Bruyne and Ageuro to Pelle. Really wanted to get rid of Pedro but stick with him rather than take a -8

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

paulie21 wrote: »
    Done Silva to De Bruyne and Ageuro to Pelle. Really wanted to get rid of Pedro but stick with him rather than take a -8

I don't see why people are getting rid of Pedro this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Bony is now in my team :pac:

Wildcard is activated too and I'm tempted to log out for the night

Howard (Elliot)
    Dawson - Berty - Williams (Souare + Martin)
    Ayew - Sanchez - Mane - KDB (Jarvis)
    Bony - Martial - Lukaku

0.7 ITB

I like it. Appropriate risk and explosiveness while not totally mad. Plus every second longer I spend on it the less and less I care!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Think I'm going to take a punt on Mitrovic...am I mad?! :o

Great fixtures and looked decent against city. He was my aguero replacement for about an hour on Wednesday night. Having said that I think every striker in the league has been my aguero replacement at some stage this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Gone for Costa in the end, Jose said Costa had a plan to get them out of the slump and hopefully it entails feeding him loads of goals and putting him on penalties. Not super confident but no other strikers really interest me that much.

Bony is now in my team :pac:

Wildcard is activated too and I'm tempted to log out for the night

Howard (Elliot)
    Dawson - Berty - Williams (Souare + Martin)
    Ayew - Sanchez - Mane - KDB (Jarvis)
    Bony - Martial - Lukaku

0.7 ITB

I like it. Appropriate risk and explosiveness while not totally mad. Plus every second longer I spend on it the less and less I care!

I know you love Norwich but I wouldn't bother with Martin. He isn't going to keep that goalscoring record up the likes of Davies and moreno should score higher. I'd also try and get theo in for ayew.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

after a -4 my team is now
    begovic (Elliot)
    bellerin nyom targett ( darmian who will most likely come in for targett Francis)
    Sanchez yaya mata payet (mahrez)
    pelle vardy ighalo

I am struggling to resist a further -4 to bring in hazard for mahrez and captain him!
    would drop ighalo then.....if not I'm captaining pelle which feels all kind of wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rumoured #LFC lineup to face Spurs: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Milner, Coutinho, Lallana, Origi.

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/655119081838788609

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Think I'm going to have to take a - 8 this week. Team is in poor shape.

Anyone considering Zabaleta?

• Advertisement

I know you love Norwich but I wouldn't bother with Martin. He isn't going to keep that goalscoring record up the likes of Davies and moreno should score higher. I'd also try and get theo in for ayew.

I hadn't realised Davies only missed 1 game.

I went Martin, Williams, Jarvis and Ayew to Davies, Moreno, Theo and Fletcher with 0.1 to spare.

Whether it remains we shall see. I do like a splash of green and yellow in my team though :o

I hadn't realised Davies only missed 1 game.

I went Martin, Williams, Jarvis and Ayew to Davies, Moreno, Theo and Fletcher with 0.1 to spare.

Whether it remains we shall see. I do like a splash of green and yellow in my team though :o

Ye Davies is unreal value. Spurs are a lot better in defence this year I'll be getting him in as soon as I have a transfer to spare. As for theo there will be a mixture of joy and heartache just the way you like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Looking to replace Kolarov finding it very difficult to settle on someone. Wanted to go with Kompany but still a slight doubt over his fitness.

I haven't seen Zabaleta mentioned much. Looks decent value at 5.8, although Sagna will probably pilfer the odd start I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Bollixed for this weekend. Took a -8 and still have Dier and Kolarov not playing, with Browning and Targett as my two defenders on my bench.

Disaster already. Woooooo...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Bollixed for this weekend. Took a -8 and still have Dier and Kolarov not playing, with two non-playing defenders on my bench.

Disaster already. Woooooo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Looks like the mole wasn't a staff member of Rodgers's anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Does Zabaleta play lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Does Zabaleta play lads?

Looking at him as my Kolarov replacement too. City have good fixtures, and with Aguero out they could tighten up at the back. I've compared Zabaleta and Kompany over the past three seasons and over that period Zabaleta has played more games and averaged more points per game. I'm just about set on the move unless someone gives me a compelling reason not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

With a few players that still have to go, I'm only really delaying the inevitable keeping them. Going to take out Darmian for Davies and that will give me plenty of money! Then I'll think about Kolarov, McCarthy and Berahino afterwards. I could do Kolarov to Bellerin and Berahino to Sturridge I think which would be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

-12 under serious consideration....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

Long time I haven't posted in here.

Defense is Cedric Martin Huth Kolarov Gomez

Would you guys take another pts hit (will be on -8 when I'll have replaced Agüero) or stick with it?

My options in defense are either another City def (Zab? Kompany?) or go for Bellerin long term. Or a Swansea def? Or double up on a WB def (home to Sunderland this week too)?

I don't consider the AOA option since my 5th mid is Westwood away to Chelsea.

-12 sounds crazy but my team needed and still needs sorting and I feel this could be the best week for a mini-WC transfer policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

All aboard the -16 train (i reckon most serious players are on around -8 so it could work out)

Pelle, Mane, Walcott, Costa and Dawson all in, Ings, Pedro, Mahrez, Aguero and Gomez all out. Lining up as follows:

Butland
    Francis Souare Dawson
    Mane Walcott Sanchez KDB
    Martial Pelle Costa

Rather not have to play Francis but no choice with Kolarov injury. Should be an interesting weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

All aboard the -16 train (i reckon most serious players are on around -8 so it could work out)

Pelle, Mane, Walcott, Costa and Dawson all in, Ings, Pedro, Mahrez, Aguero and Gomez all out. Lining up as follows:

Butland
    Francis Souare Dawson
    Mane Walcott Sanchez KDB
    Martial Pelle Costa

Rather not have to play Francis but no choice with Kolarov injury. Should be an interesting weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FHFC wrote: »
    -12 under serious consideration....

I've done it after not taking a hit all season. I figured this is as good as any week to do it considering how many players seem to taking hits this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

All done.....hopefully.
    3 Transfers for -4.
    Aguero Diouf and Kolarov replaced with Bony Lukaku and Gabriel.
    Wilfried has the captaincy atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

All done.....hopefully.
    3 Transfers for -4.
    Aguero Diouf and Kolarov replaced with Bony Lukaku and Gabriel.
    Wilfried has the captaincy atm.

Neoulous wrote: »
    Long time I haven't posted in here.

Defense is Cedric Martin Huth Kolarov Gomez

Would you guys take another pts hit (will be on -8 when I'll have replaced Agüero) or stick with it?

My options in defense are either another City def (Zab? Kompany?) or go for Bellerin long term. Or a Swansea def? Or double up on a WB def (home to Sunderland this week too)?

I don't consider the AOA option since my 5th mid is Westwood away to Chelsea.

-12 sounds crazy but my team needed and still needs sorting and I feel this could be the best week for a mini-WC transfer policy.

This is pretty much the hit I'm considering for -12.

I've both Kolarov and Gomez so I'd expect a -4 next week if i don't do it now. I have to play Martin who will be lucky to get above zero this week i think. Kolarov to Bellerin or Bertie give a decent chance of break even and an extra ft.

Relevant clean sheet odds are:
    Norwich 11/4
    Arsenal 11/8
    Swansea  11/8
    Southampton 6/4

-8 done 2 transfers tonight bony and costa in for aguero and murray. Hoping pelle wakes up tomorrow and thinks its late jan/ feb 2015 again:pac:

. Hoping pelle wakes up tomorrow and thinks its late jan/ feb 2015 again:pac:

Never speak of those dark times.

Nice transfers. I'm afraid of Bony a wee bit now.

Costa (c)?

• Advertisement

-8 done 2 transfers tonight bony and costa in for aguero and murray. Hoping pelle wakes up tomorrow and thinks its late jan/ feb 2015 again:pac:

I love Graziano "The Italian Stallion" Pelle but his alter ego BUIB would be welcome for a few weeks now that the masses converge.

Mane and Martial over Pelle and Mata is cheaper and more explosive so I have to go for it but Pelle has become one of my favourite players.

I hope I don't end up fecking up this WC over no Mahrez, Vardy or Pelle. No points hit should be a great boost whatever my players do :pac:

Advertisement