Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Couple with six children killed in Palestine

18911131426

Comments

  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭justanotherone


    i'm sorry to hear that. personally i fear them both equally

    No you don't.

    You support Islamic fundamentalists. You are the biggest cheerleader on boards.ie for Irelands worst Islamic fundamentalists ( since the artist formerly known as Liam Egan went off somewhere to do his jihad ).

    You support the Halawa family.

    Variously; The Halawa family support Sharia law. The Hawala family support the Muslim Brotherhood. They support CAGE, the support and facilitation and advocacy organisation for Islamic terrorists ( #withcage ). They had sympathy for an Isis supporting murderer. Their protests and rallies are segregate the men from the women. A gay person was infamously beaten up outside their mosque. They are Islamic fundamentalist loons of the highest order.

    You are not afraid of Islamic fundamentalists. You support them.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86


    So, do you think the Arabs were right to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine?
    No, but that's an exceptionally poor attempt to twist someone's words. Please at lease use a little more nuance in future.

    What I was doing, was asking exactly where and when it was agreed "by all" in reference to the size of Gaza. You might have noticed that by the part where I said "So exactly where and when was it agreed by all that Gaza and the Arab controlled areas would be so much smaller, as seen here by 1967? Or here, by 2005?"


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris


    No
    I really know very little about the Israel/Palestine conflict, but I've certainly seen reports of innocent civilians on both sides being killed, whether by soldiers, civilian violence or mis-aimed rockets.

    So in direct answer to the poll question, yes, people living near the border certainly have reason to fear the other side. People further away from the borders probably also have some reason for concern. It's a war.

    I am making no value judgments as to "right" and "wrong" - I happen to hold the strange and unconventional mindset that race and place of birth does not make anyone more or less deserving of being suddenly and brutally killed.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh


    No
    Billy86 wrote: »
    The blue part here is what was agreed on as being the Jewish state in 1949. All the red/pink parts were agreed to be for an Arab state.
    So, do you agree that the Arabs were wrong to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine?
    Billy86 wrote: »
    No, but that's an exceptionally poor attempt to twist someone's words. Please at lease use a little more nuance in future.
    So, do you think the Arabs were right to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine?

    Billy86 wrote: »
    No, but that's an exceptionally poor attempt to twist someone's words. Please at lease use a little more nuance in future.

    So you don't think the Arabs were right to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine, but you don't think they were wrong either?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86


    So you don't think the Arabs were right to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine, but you don't think they were wrong either?
    No, but that's an exceptionally poor attempt to twist someone's words. Please at lease use a little more nuance in future.

    What I was doing, was asking exactly where and when it was agreed "by all" in reference to the size of Gaza. You might have noticed that by the part where I said "So exactly where and when was it agreed by all that Gaza and the Arab controlled areas would be so much smaller, as seen here by 1967? Or here, by 2005?"


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin


    KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Your first point being the Israelis are a bunch of fascists that murder and torture Palestinians so they should just call an intifada and get it over with. I will never defend Israeli actions in the West Bank as they are illegal but the posters on here want to defend the indefensible. It is critical that the Palestinians restore order to areas under their control. As usual this situation just goes to show how disorganised and undeveloped the Palestinian state force really is.


    My first point was this, in response to "The Israeli troops are there to keep the peace between the settler community and the Palestinian community "

    I replied

    "Ahhh dear. Ye have a sense of humour at least.
    http://www.btselem.org/topic/settler_violence

    The chance that a complaint submitted to the Israel Police by a Palestinian will lead to an effective investigation, the location of a suspect, prosecution, and ultimate conviction is just 1.9 percent.
    http://www.yesh-din.org/infoitem.asp?infocatid=704

    Please at least read the second link. "

    Did you read the 2nd link?


    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97286685&postcount=228


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh


    No
    Billy86 wrote: »
    The blue part here is what was agreed on as being the Jewish state in 1949. All the red/pink parts were agreed to be for an Arab state.
    So, do you agree that the Arabs were wrong to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine?
    Billy86 wrote: »
    No, but that's an exceptionally poor attempt to twist someone's words. Please at lease use a little more nuance in future.
    So, do you think the Arabs were right to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine?
    Billy86 wrote: »
    No, but that's an exceptionally poor attempt to twist someone's words. Please at lease use a little more nuance in future.
    So you don't think the Arabs were right to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine, but you don't think they were wrong either?
    Billy86 wrote: »
    No, but that's an exceptionally poor attempt to twist someone's words. Please at lease use a little more nuance in future.

    Boards.ie should reconsider allowing functionally retarded people to use their site.

    A good method of detection would be copying and pasting the same stupid comment three fucking times (complete with glaring spelling error).


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3


    Samaris wrote: »
    I am making no value judgments as to "right" and "wrong" - I happen to hold the strange and unconventional mindset that race and place of birth does not make anyone more or less deserving of being suddenly and brutally killed.

    Why not judge people on their actions?

    Nobody here is judging people by their race or religion?

    But do you see what is wrong with a colonial project driving the natives off their homeland?


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris


    No
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Why not judge people on their actions?

    Nobody here is judging people by their race or religion?

    But do you see what is wrong with a colonial project driving the natives off their homeland?

    I answered the poll question. Whichever side you support, it is ordinary people who are being killed. What specific actions has a kid taken that meant he deserved to be hit by a rocket? Or a bridal party? They were most likely born there.

    War is war. It's **** on both sides for the people living nearby.

    As an afterthought, I probably should include something in here; from my position of very limited knowledge, I have sympathy for both sides, a bit more so at this point for Palestine. But I have no idea what the solution is,


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭justanotherone


    Originally Posted by Nodin

    Regarding the murder of parents of 6 children. "I'm not comfortable with it happening in front of the children, but after that, no, I'm not pushed. They're colonists, they're in an occupied zone."

    http://aussie-site.com/viewforum.php?f=7

    "Palestine/Israel
    Moderators: PoliticalPuppet, Nodin, BORG"

    LOL !


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86


    Boards.ie should reconsider allowing functionally retarded people to use their site.

    A good method of detection would be copying and pasting the same stupid comment three fucking times (complete with glaring spelling error).
    Nice of you to show your true colours, though they were glaringly obvious from your desperate attempts to twist my words. You seem more than a little frustrated here. :pac:

    EDIT: Hadn't even noticed the infraction!


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3


    Samaris wrote: »
    I answered the poll question. Whichever side you support, it is ordinary people who are being killed. What specific actions has a kid taken that meant he deserved to be hit by a rocket? Or a bridal party? They were most likely born there.

    War is war. It's **** on both sides for the people living nearby.

    As an afterthought, I probably should include something in here; from my position of very limited knowledge, I have sympathy for both sides, a bit more so at this point for Palestine. But I have no idea what the solution is,

    In some cases it is ordinary civilians being killed, but in the situation in question, those so-called civilians were criminals under international law who were part of Israel's ethnic cleansing machine.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris


    No
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    In some cases it is ordinary civilians being killed, but in the situation in question, those so-called civilians were criminals under international law who were part of Israel's ethnic cleansing machine.

    Including the six kids, yeah?


  • Registered Users Posts: 51,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    Supporting the murder of innocent human beings, leaving 6 children orphaned ?

    SICK

    Supporting a regime that blew hospitals, schools, homes and creches apart while the children and patients were inside is equally SICK.


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes


    Samaris wrote: »
    Including the six kids, yeah?

    Awful what those children had to witness. It was murder plain and simple as there parents were unarmed.

    Still, it has to be noted that there parents put themselves and more importantly there children in danger by deciding to join the criminal and violent settlement enterprise.

    Remember a few week ago, a Palestinian family home was burned by settlers, which resulted in a baby being burnt to death (the babies mother died later as well sadly), and the Israeli authorities have still not arrested anyone. That is one example of violence, as the entire settlement enterprise like any other is inherently a violent one.

    As we have seen when its the other way around, suspects were quickly arrested and tortured, and apparently there family homes will be destroyed, despite the lack of any trial.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86


    wes wrote: »
    Remember a few week ago, a Palestinian family home was burned by settlers, which resulted in a baby being burnt to death (the babies mother died later as well sadly), and the Israeli authorities have still not arrested anyone. That is one example of violence, as the entire settlement enterprise like any other is inherently a violent one.
    Look, "wes", we have been over this before. Crimes against Muslims do not count for a lot of people on AH. Otherwise, it would make it too difficult to dehumanise them. It's only when Muslims commit crimes that attention should be paid.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo


    Samaris wrote: »
    Including the six kids, yeah?
    Well look at it this way, if it's the IDF or Zionist settlers attacking a family there are no orphans. Because they kill the children too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol


    Samaris wrote: »
    Including the six kids, yeah?

    None of the kids were killed which is in contrast to the 500+ innocent kids slaughtered at the hands of the IDF not to mention the more recent shooting dead of unarmed teenagers and the burning ALIVE of a 6 month old child.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris


    No
    Which were horrific, terrible acts.

    But this isn't a tit for tat (well, it IS, but there's no point us from outside looking at it from that point of view).

    The original poll question was do Israelis have reason to fear Palestinian violence. My answer is of course they bloody well do, as the Palestinians have reason to fear Israeli violence. Because it's a -warzone-.

    I grant my original comment was a bit more smug sounding than I really intended.

    Just..there isn't really a sane answer to Israel/Palestine. Not from outside.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh


    No
    davmol wrote: »
    The burning ALIVE of a 6 month old child.

    Was that done by the IDF? Or sanctioned by the Israeli government?


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin


    Was that done by the IDF? Or sanctioned by the Israeli government?

    Given the protection afforded to settlers it might as well be. Thank feck no Palestinian replied in kind or there'd be scores dead by now.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo


    Was that done by the IDF? Or sanctioned by the Israeli government?
    http://www.yesh-din.org/hottopview.asp?postid=29
    Unless you're telling me the IDF aren't under the control of the Israeli government now?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username


    No
    wes wrote: »
    Awful what those children had to witness. It was murder plain and simple as there parents were unarmed.

    Still, it has to be noted that there parents put themselves and more importantly there children in danger by deciding to join the criminal and violent settlement enterprise.

    Remember a few week ago, a Palestinian family home was burned by settlers, which resulted in a baby being burnt to death (the babies mother died later as well sadly), and the Israeli authorities have still not arrested anyone. That is one example of violence, as the entire settlement enterprise like any other is inherently a violent one.

    As we have seen when its the other way around, suspects were quickly arrested and tortured, and apparently there family homes will be destroyed, despite the lack of any trial.



    Victim blaming stoops to a new low.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin


    Victim blaming stoops to a new low.

    What? They weren't settlers?


  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes


    Victim blaming stoops to a new low.

    How so? Settler colonialism is a dangerous activity. No different than the nutters going to join IS in Iraq. Even if you are not directly involved in fighting, you are putting yourself in danger. Basically there engaging in criminal activity, which is quite frankly a dangerous thing to do.

    You can pretend that settlement expansion is a peaceful activity, but the reality is that its violent and as such incredibly dangerous activity. Settler choose to go live the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem. They are putting themselves and sadly also in many cases there children in danger.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭end of the road


    Victim blaming stoops to a new low.
    in fairness the pro israel people have those who use victim blaming

    shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!



  • Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Boring username


    No
    Well the Hamas leader in Gaza has just declared an intifada, so expect more butchery and mindless violence:
    Hamas’s leader in Gaza has declared the current unrest in Jerusalem and the West Bank an intifada, as six Palestinians were shot dead protesting at the border fence, further raising the stakes after a week of escalating violence.

    The comments by Ismail Haniyeh contradicted recent remarks by Fatah’s leadership, including the Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas. There has been increasingly widespread use of the hashtag #intifada on Palestinian social media.

    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/09/hamas-leader-gaza-declares-intifada-deadly-attacks-continue


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin


    Well the Hamas leader in Gaza has just declared an intifada, so expect more butchery and mindless violence:



    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/09/hamas-leader-gaza-declares-intifada-deadly-attacks-continue


    Your concern for the six Palestinian dead is noted.


  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick


    Samaris wrote: »
    Just..there isn't really a sane answer to Israel/Palestine. Not from outside.

    There is though really. The rest of the world should ostracise Israel from the world stage as it did with South Africa until the Israelis withdraw to their own border.

    And maybe to take a leaf out of Likud's book, the Palestinians should build a wall along the green line to make sure no Israelis can cross it to illegally squat on Palestinian land. :pac:

    Anyone who find that idea appalling, I take it you also find Israel's wall appalling?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick


    Supporting the murder of innocent human beings, leaving 6 children orphaned ?

    SICK

    As I mentioned earlier, I don't support the killing of any human being for any reason, but if you believe that military targets are acceptable (I take it you do, if you're more of an anti-killing purist like myself then I apologise) then how do you justify labelling settlers as civilians? They form part of an occupying invasion force just by being present there.

    You don't have to wield a gun or wear a uniform to commit violence. Stealing somebody's property by force is violence in and of itself.


Advertisement