Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Couple with six children killed in Palestine

17810121326

Comments



  • osarusan wrote: »
    Literally in the part of his post that you quoted, he specified who he was and wasn't talking about:

    He referred to "history over the past century".

    I asked a question. If he was referring to the Holocaust, then perhaps that "oh well I really meant the Zionists" has no application whatsoever.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa


    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    What is with you pro-Zionists are deliberate conflation of terms?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_cleansing
    Genocide ≠ Ethnic cleansing. Even the US might balk (before bending over and taking it eventually as usual) at the idea of the Israelis setting up death camps.
    And the most passing familiarity with the map of Israel will show you Zionist expansion of the inherently racist Israeli state. That's ethnic cleansing.

    Ethnic Cleansing: Ethnic cleansing is the systematic forced removal of ethnic or religious groups from a given territory by a more powerful ethnic group, with the intent of making it ethnically homogeneous.[1]

    So, how exactly are Israel ethnically cleansing Gaza? According to wikipedia the Gaza strip is 99.8% Sunni and 98.7% arab, so how exactly are Israel ethnically cleansing the Gaza strip? If anything it seems like it has been cleansed of anyone but muslim arabs. Again it seems like Israel are doing a phenomenally terrible job of ethnically cleansing Gaza of palestinians/arabs and muslims.

    Oh and lets get to your Zionist jibe also.
    From dictionary.reference.com - Zionism definition. The belief that Jews should have their own nation; Jewish nationalism.
    - Fair enough, I think that Jews/Israelis should have their own homeland.
    from urbandictionary.com - 1. A person , Jewish or non-Jewish, who, by some action, supports the State of Israel.

    2. A substitue word for 'jew' used by anti-semites who, for whatever reason, wish to hide their racist intent.

    Ah that definition is where things get...as the SJW's like to say...problematic. Be careful that your support of the palestinians doesn't lead you to hate of the jews/israelis. As they say, Hate leads to the dark side.

    Some people see Zionist as the ultimate insult as if they brandish that then they automatically win the argument and they go off to do a victory march in their own mind.

    I've stated it before and have done for many years and will do so again if necessary, that I don't support settlement of the west bank and that settlements should be removed (unless the residents choose to become palestinian citizens). But according to your argument that would be ethnic-cleansing right? And would the palestinians welcome jews into their society anyway?

    So you would do well to remember that not all posters can be easily filed away into the oppositional boxes that you are comfortable with confronting hmmm?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin


    KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The Israeli troops are there to keep the peace between the settler community and the Palestinian community and it is the gvt policy to retain hold of Jerusalem. Neither Ramallah the authority of Abbas or Kirkuk the capital of the Kurdish community are given any power to enforce law and order so the Israelis are doing their jobs.


    One can see how that policy is implemented here

    The attacks began with news of the killing, and went on for several days in a row. Dozens of settlers descended from Yitzhar to the villages Burin and 'Urif, and B'Tselem volunteers in the villages documented the events with video cameras. Footage shows that soldiers were present at the scene throughout the incidents, but did not prevent the attack or arrest perpetrators. On the contrary, the soldiers accompanied settlers on their rampage, and used crowd-control weapons against Palestinian youth from the villages, who threw stones at the settlers with stones in order to push them back.
    The most blatant example of the tacit support of the settler rampage by forces on the ground, as well as the shirking of the military's obligation to provide protection to Palestinians was filmed by B'Tselem volunteer Widian 'Imran in Burin on the 3.10. The video shows a soldier among masked settlers near the village. Some of the settlers are seen throwing stones towards the Palestinians. The soldier not only refrains from stopping the settlers, but on the contrary, is helped by a masked settler who carries his military backpack containing tear-gas canisters, and even loads the canisters onto the soldier's six-shot launcher.
    http://www.btselem.org/press_releases/20151008_soldiers_provide_security_to_vigilante_settlers

    And no, its not the first or second time this kind of thing has happened.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin


    KingBrian2 wrote: »
    This is (..............)dance after 9/11.

    Would care to respond to this post and post no 274?
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97286685&postcount=228


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo


    from urbandictionary.com
    So because you were SOL with any commonly accepted definition you insisted on flushing any last shred of credibility you might have had by dredging up some twaddle from urbandictionary.com? Like, really? No, really? That's a comedy website. You couldn't even tell?

    http://www.countercurrents.org/lin271209A.htm
    That's ethnic cleansing.
    http://ifamericansknew.org/images/FourMaps.jpg
    That's ethnic cleansing. Clearing land for your own racist supremacist ideology.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,291 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken


    No
    Funny that! make remarks about Muslims and your a racist on boards but substitute Muslim for Jews and that's acceptable on boards! To me it's another form of racism whatever way you dress it up!


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin


    Funny that! make remarks about Muslims and your a racist on boards but substitute Muslim for Jews and that's acceptable on boards! To me it's another form of racism whatever way you dress it up!

    Could you link to the offending post please?


  • Registered Users Posts: 50,852 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover


    Funny that! make remarks about Muslims and your a racist on boards but substitute Muslim for Jews and that's acceptable on boards! To me it's another form of racism whatever way you dress it up!

    But are the Jews not being racist themselves to the Palestinians?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo


    But are the Jews not being racist themselves to the Palestinians?
    Since Israel has racism baked in to their citizenship laws they're not just racist to Palestinians TBH. They just happen to be the people unfortunate enough to be in the way right now.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,803 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3


    But are the Jews not being racist themselves to the Palestinians?

    No, they were given the land by "God". It's written in a book somewhere from donkeys years ago.

    It's the Palestinians who are racist. Ignorant gits won't leave their homes in favour of jews from Brooklyn and Kiev. Shame on them.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa


    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Clearing land for your own racist supremacist ideology.

    What on earth are you talking about?

    Oh and you might be nice enough to answer my questions: So, how exactly are Israel ethnically cleansing Gaza? According to wikipedia the Gaza strip is 99.8% Sunni and 98.7% arab, so how exactly are Israel ethnically cleansing the Gaza strip?

    Oh and you've obviously ignored this part of my post
    I've stated it before and have done for many years and will do so again if necessary, that I don't support settlement of the west bank and that settlements should be removed (unless the residents choose to become palestinian citizens).

    You've obviously pre-judged me as some kind of enemy and already decided that you aren't going to engage in reasonable discussion with me. Or are you going to calm down and prove that wrong. Hmm?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2


    Nodin wrote: »
    One can see how that policy is implemented here

    The attacks began with news of the killing, and went on for several days in a row. Dozens of settlers descended from Yitzhar to the villages Burin and 'Urif, and B'Tselem volunteers in the villages documented the events with video cameras. Footage shows that soldiers were present at the scene throughout the incidents, but did not prevent the attack or arrest perpetrators. On the contrary, the soldiers accompanied settlers on their rampage, and used crowd-control weapons against Palestinian youth from the villages, who threw stones at the settlers with stones in order to push them back.
    The most blatant example of the tacit support of the settler rampage by forces on the ground, as well as the shirking of the military's obligation to provide protection to Palestinians was filmed by B'Tselem volunteer Widian 'Imran in Burin on the 3.10. The video shows a soldier among masked settlers near the village. Some of the settlers are seen throwing stones towards the Palestinians. The soldier not only refrains from stopping the settlers, but on the contrary, is helped by a masked settler who carries his military backpack containing tear-gas canisters, and even loads the canisters onto the soldier's six-shot launcher.
    http://www.btselem.org/press_releases/20151008_soldiers_provide_security_to_vigilante_settlers

    And no, its not the first or second time this kind of thing has happened.

    The Israel army is fully aware of the dangers posed by large mobs. They can very quickly degenerate into an Intifada which has happened in the past. The Israeli security forces have also learnt to be very careful when dealing with Palestinians as they are easily infiltrated by known terrorist organisations. The mere fact that they fly the flag of the House of Saud tells us they are not the kind pro democratic minded people so many people on boards.ie believe them to be.

    The Israeli security do a tough job and the state also comprises many secular Arabs unlike the Palestinian Authority which is ill equipped to placate the general public so year on year we get this constant anti -Zionistic protests that lead nowhere only more violence. It is a strong case for Palestinian statehood but a distraction to place all the blame on Israeli security. They keep Israeli citizens safe. It is time for the Palestinian leadership to reign in their people instead of relying on Israel.


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo


    What on earth are you talking about?

    Oh and you might be nice enough to answer my questions: So, how exactly are Israel ethnically cleansing Gaza? According to wikipedia the Gaza strip is 99.8% Sunni and 98.7% arab, so how exactly are Israel ethnically cleansing the Gaza strip?
    So they half the size of Gaza and make the stolen bit part of Israel... and that isn't ethnic cleansing because "Gaza" is still there only it's half the size it was before. So the logical conclusion that there will be no ethnically cleansed "Gaza" in the end as there will be no Gaza at all?
    This logic is amazing. No, not for that reason.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin


    KingBrian2 wrote: »
    The Israel army is fully aware of the dangers posed by large mobs. They can very quickly degenerate into an Intifada which has happened in the past. The Israeli security forces have also learnt to be very careful when dealing with Palestinians as they are easily infiltrated by known terrorist organisations. The mere fact that they fly the flag of the House of Saud tells us they are not the kind pro democratic minded people so many people on boards.ie believe them to be.

    The Israeli security do a tough job and the state also comprises many secular Arabs unlike the Palestinian Authority which is ill equipped to placate the general public so year on year we get this constant anti -Zionistic protests that lead nowhere only more violence. It is a strong case for Palestinian statehood but a distraction to place all the blame on Israeli security. They keep Israeli citizens safe. It is time for the Palestinian leadership to reign in their people instead of relying on Israel.

    Why did KingBrian avoid my first post - conveniently sticking to a single incident of the phenomena and thereby avoiding the issue in general I'd say.

    So no comment whatsoever, at all, in any way shape or form related to the way the Palestinians are treated in comparsion to the settlers by the IDF, the nature of the assistance and shelter to the settler community provided by the IDF...........just "Waah, Palestinians".......


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo


    KingBrian2 wrote: »
    It is time for the Palestinian leadership to reign in their people instead of relying on Israel.
    Very entertaining. You're veering off into surreal for a lot of your posts though rather than comedy proper.
    If only the Palestinians would put all their trust in the guys that steal their land, ration their calories and bomb their sleeping children. Yeah, they're sure to be a sound bunch of lads.


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa


    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    So they half the size of Gaza and make the stolen bit part of Israel... and that isn't ethnic cleansing because "Gaza" is still there only it's half the size it was before.

    You might have missed the bit where there was a war in 1948. Oh and you might also have missed that Gaza was actually occupied by Egypt between 1948 and 1967.


    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    So the logical conclusion that there will be no ethnically cleansed "Gaza" in the end as there will be no Gaza at all?
    This logic is amazing. No, not for that reason.

    What? Sorry but that makes no sense at all. Please expand.

    Oh and I take it that you accept that I don't agree with or support settlement of the West Bank?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo


    You might have missed the bit where there was a war in 1948. Oh and you might also have missed that Gaza was actually occupied by Egypt between 1948 and 1967.
    There is no evidence whatsoever that I missed those facts, as the incremental takeover of Gaza by Israel is not related to those facts.
    Want to try another angle maybe? Something somewhat connected to the matter under discussion?
    Oh and I take it that you accept that I don't agree with or support settlement of the West Bank?
    But you apparently don't think that forcing a people off land that you then annexe is ethnic cleansing. Maybe there some oh so hilarious definitions to be had in urbandictionary.com that might enlighten us again...


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭justanotherone


    Nodin wrote: »
    I'm not comfortable with it happening in front of the children, but after that, no, I'm not pushed. They're colonists, they're in an occupied zone.

    Supporting the murder of innocent human beings, leaving 6 children orphaned ?

    SICK


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa


    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    There is no evidence whatsoever that I missed those facts, as the incremental takeover of Gaza by Israel is not related to those facts.
    Want to try another angle maybe? Something somewhat connected to the matter under discussion?

    I don't need to try any angle, I have stated facts and you've been all over the shop throwing out assertions here and there. You stated Gaza has been ethnically cleansed and given the rocketing population of Gaza that is manifestly incorrect. You seem to be referring to the pre-1949 armistice Gaza, well that's gone and no-one in their right mind is looking for Gaza to expand into that area, the extent of Gaza has been agreed by everyone except those who want to see Israel destroyed. It could even be argued that the only ethnic cleansing of Gaza was Israel cleansing it of all jewish settlers in 2005. Meanwhile the Sunni arab population keeps on expanding.

    Dan_Solo wrote: »
    But you apparently don't think that forcing a people off land that you then annexe is ethnic cleansing. Maybe there some oh so hilarious definitions to be had in urbandictionary.com that might enlighten us again...

    I never mentioned the West Bank in relation to ethnic cleansing, only Gaza, so I'm sorry but you are wrong.


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2


    Nodin wrote: »
    Why did KingBrian avoid my first post - conveniently sticking to a single incident of the phenomena and thereby avoiding the issue in general I'd say.

    So no comment whatsoever, at all, in any way shape or form related to the way the Palestinians are treated in comparsion to the settlers by the IDF, the nature of the assistance and shelter to the settler community provided by the IDF...........just "Waah, Palestinians".......

    Your first point being the Israelis are a bunch of fascists that murder and torture Palestinians so they should just call an intifada and get it over with. I will never defend Israeli actions in the West Bank as they are illegal but the posters on here want to defend the indefensible. It is critical that the Palestinians restore order to areas under their control. As usual this situation just goes to show how disorganised and undeveloped the Palestinian state force really is.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,787 ✭✭✭✭end of the road


    KingBrian2 wrote: »
    This is the dribble of the rejectionist front that opposes even negotiations with Israel. If you believe Israel is killing Palestinian children just for the sake of it your incredible biased. Most underage children of fighting age are brainwashed and being used to vent anti Israel diatribes on the streets of Palestinian towns. Hamas indoctrinated them to dance after 9/11.
    no different to those being brain washed by the zionist terrorists?

    shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!



  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2


    QUOTE=end of the road;97313621]no different to those being brain washed by the zionist terrorists?[/QUOTE]

    Yes both sides have their ugliness, lets acknowledge that instead of accusing Israel of being the only aggressor here. The Palestinians are fragmented so the likes of thugs from the Muslim Brotherhood and their ilk get support from a huge number of Palestinians. Too many to list. Their voices need to be quelled and only a Palestinian state can begin to smoothen relations between the various religious denominations. Of this I see little movement from the Palestinian side to feed the appetite for greater governance. They keep calling for releasing POW's, I don't see that bringing calm to the situation and easing Israeli's very real concerns about terrorism.


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,787 ✭✭✭✭end of the road


    Zebra3 wrote: »
    Anyway Israel is armed to the teeth with hundreds of nuclear weapons which strangely doesn't make the news

    i'm just thinking. aren't some of those weapons US made? is it possible that the US could have some type of system built into them via any software if they use software that could be used to disable them or blow them up before they get used as an insurence policy? while a rather strange question it would be something to ponder.

    shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!



  • Registered Users Posts: 28,787 ✭✭✭✭end of the road


    Jews shouldn't get uppity about themselves because we should remind them of where that led them before?

    When it comes to master races and imposition of will, forced conversions, barbaric murder because people do not belong to the "right" religion etc, I'd fear Islamic fundamentalists a lot more than Jewish fundamentalists.
    i'm sorry to hear that. personally i fear them both equally

    shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!



  • Registered Users Posts: 7,285 ✭✭✭Supergurrier


    IngazZagni wrote: »
    It was a vague comment. He accused the Israelis of murdering a woman for simply being a non Jew. In other words he is demonising the Jews for murdering people who simply aren't Jewish. I didn't want to let that comment slide.

    The settlers are moving to these regions for economic reasons. Most have jobs in these regions. Housing is also cheaper in these areas and many families decide to move to a bigger place. If you want to criticise this policy the fine. You say it is for the sole purpose to settle Isrealis in these regions. I say these houses are needed for an expanding population. 160,000 extra people in 2014.

    More houses needed for an expanding population justifies invasion of another nations land ?

    Happenned one before that did..


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86


    You seem to be referring to the pre-1949 armistice Gaza, well that's gone and no-one in their right mind is looking for Gaza to expand into that area, the extent of Gaza has been agreed by everyone except those who want to see Israel destroyed
    The blue part here is what was agreed on as being the Jewish state in 1949. All the red/pink parts were agreed to be for an Arab state.

    So exactly where and when was it agreed by all that Gaza and the Arab controlled areas would be so much smaller, as seen here by 1967? Or here, by 2005?


  • Registered Users Posts: 28,787 ✭✭✭✭end of the road


    Funny that! make remarks about Muslims and your a racist on boards but substitute Muslim for Jews and that's acceptable on boards! To me it's another form of racism whatever way you dress it up!
    well considering no remarks were made about jews but jewish extremists, your point is invalid. just like if the posts were about islamic extremists. however the usual suspects blaming all muslims for the actions of extremists are rightly counted as racists. rightly, nobody blames all jews for the actions of the extremist element of jewdaeism which are israely governments, many within the IDF, and their supporters

    shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!



  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh


    No
    Billy86 wrote: »
    The blue part here is what was agreed on as being the Jewish state in 1949. All the red/pink parts were agreed to be for an Arab state.

    So, do you agree that the Arabs were wrong to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine?


  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86


    So, do you agree that the Arabs were wrong to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine?

    No, but that's an exceptionally poor attempt to twist someone's words. Please at lease use a little more nuance in future.

    What I was doing, was asking exactly where and when it was agreed "by all" in reference to the size of Gaza. You might have noticed that by the part where I said "So exactly where and when was it agreed by all that Gaza and the Arab controlled areas would be so much smaller, as seen here by 1967? Or here, by 2005?"


  • Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh


    No
    Billy86 wrote: »
    The blue part here is what was agreed on as being the Jewish state in 1949. All the red/pink parts were agreed to be for an Arab state.
    So, do you agree that the Arabs were wrong to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine?
    Billy86 wrote: »
    No, but that's an exceptionally poor attempt to twist someone's words. Please at lease use a little more nuance in future.[/I]

    So, do you think the Arabs were right to reject the 1947 U.N. General Assembly resolution for Palestine?


Advertisement