Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

shivers27 wrote: »
    Thanks Digs, I booked into Rotunda semi private :-) Scan December 7th all going well. Im not sure about the GP tbh ! I might wait till after my hospital appointment to go ? She didn't really do a whole lot the last time I went at 6 weeks.

Thanks shivers, That's what I figured, she didn't do much last time that I remember! I have to get my bloods done (for pre existing thyroid issue) in the next week or so so I might just mention it then!

Delighted it's Friday.... Longest week ever.

Btw two weetabix, half a caramel kiss, piece of banana bread and a cappuccino is a perfectly acceptable breakfast yes??

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

The weekend is here finally :-) That sounds like a yummy breakfast Digs :-)

Hope all the mammies to be are feeling well and have a great weekend xx

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mj_mam

hi ladies.

Got a shock BFP Wednesday night. We weren't ttc, as we have a 5 month old (!) at home along with a 4 year old, but we weren't being careful enough either!

A complete And utter shock, I'm still not over it. Did not plan on another baby so soon, I thought I'd have my body back to myself for another while but once the initial shock wears off I'm sure I'll be excited.

EDD 17th June.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Confirmed my appointment for my early scan on Oct 27th. Yazers. Excited and scared at the same time.

Feel rotten today though. I woke up in the wee small hours of the morning feeling awful and then spent ages throwing up. So wrecked today as a result. Whatever this is I hope it passes soon.

• Advertisement

Welcome mjman! A 5 month old, wow you will have your hands full :) very exciting!

Hope everyone else is feeling good and penny you're feeling better too.

Sleep is on the MIA list in my house, my poor little one has a cough she can't shift, she's fine during the day but night time she is coughing and coughing and just wants her mammy. Feel so sorry for the poor mite and in fairness to her she is never sick so I can't be too fed up. Minimal sleep had over the weekend! I also was having horrible stretching pains last night... All in all night time a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭mj_mam

Thanks digs.

Just a tip re your daughters cough, maybe you've tried it before, rub some Vicks/snuffle babe on the soles of her feet and cover with some socks. It is supposed to suppress the cough for at least 8 hours. Worth a try maybe...?

mj_mam wrote: »
    Thanks digs.

Just a tip re your daughters cough, maybe you've tried it before, rub some Vicks/snuffle babe on the soles of her feet and cover with some socks. It is supposed to suppress the cough for at least 8 hours. Worth a try maybe...?

Haven't tried that, thanks a mill for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

Feeling quite nauseous today. Can't shift that 'i don't feel very good' feeling in the pit of my stomach. Trying to eat little and often. The plainer the better for me. Living on crackers and bread the last few days. Hoping this is all a good sign that things are progressing as they should.

Early scan tmrw. Petrified and excited at the same time. Praying we finally get some good news and see a healthy baby with a heartbeat.

Good luck today hazelnut button!

• Advertisement

Feeling quite nauseous today. Can't shift that 'i don't feel very good' feeling in the pit of my stomach. Trying to eat little and often. The plainer the better for me. Living on crackers and bread the last few days. Hoping this is all a good sign that things are progressing as they should.

Early scan tmrw. Petrified and excited at the same time. Praying we finally get some good news and see a healthy baby with a heartbeat.

Me neither, especially today for some reason. :( Mine isn't sickness related more a sense of pending bad news. My early scan is this day next week.

All the very best with your scan, I really really hope you have the best news and see the strongest healthies heart beat on your lovely baby. :)

Best of luck today with your scan :-)

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Delighted to say we seen a good strong heartbeat. Baby measuring about a week behind but my cycle can be longer and only had one period between last miscarriage so she didn't seem too worried. Have given me progesterone pessaries to use. Anyone any experience with these?

Back in 10 days to see how things are going. Fingers crossed this one sticks around for good. I'm buzzing.

Excellent news, delighted for ye :)

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Delighted to say we seen a good strong heartbeat. Baby measuring about a week behind but my cycle can be longer and only had one period between last miscarriage so she didn't seem too worried. Have given me progesterone pessaries to use. Anyone any experience with these?

Back in 10 days to see how things are going. Fingers crossed this one sticks around for good. I'm buzzing.

So so happy for you.

Yahoo fantastic news :-)

Have you guys gotten the flu jab? Doc offered it to me 2 weeks ago but sensed my hesitation and said to come back after early scan. Logical part of me knows it's the right thing to do but I'm still nervous. What if something goes wrong? I'll blame the jab. But at the same time if I'm exposed to flu (very likely in my job) and something goes wrong I'll blame myself.

I suppose I know I need to get it. Just wondering how you guys feel about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

Hell in a handbasket! We are still in shock here... a very unplanned #3 on the way (I make out our due date as 20th June). We already have a 5 and a 2.5year old.

I have given away all of our baby clothes!! All the baby toys are packed up and ready to find a new home! My maternity gear is pretty much decimated. I reluctantly took all the baby gear back from a friend and was contemplating putting it up on donedeal.

I know that we'll be delighted once the shock has worn off but in the meantime I have to find (and hide) Hubby's passport...

Rogueish wrote: »
    Hell in a handbasket! We are still in shock here... a very unplanned #3 on the way (I make out our due date as 20th June). We already have a 5 and a 2.5year old.

I have given away all of our baby clothes!! All the baby toys are packed up and ready to find a new home! My maternity gear is pretty much decimated. I reluctantly took all the baby gear back from a friend and was contemplating putting it up on donedeal.

I know that we'll be delighted once the shock has worn off but in the meantime I have to find (and hide) Hubby's passport...

Lol congrats! If he's anything like my hubby hide it in the washing machine, he'd never find it there :D

Have you guys gotten the flu jab? Doc offered it to me 2 weeks ago but sensed my hesitation and said to come back after early scan. Logical part of me knows it's the right thing to do but I'm still nervous. What if something goes wrong? I'll blame the jab. But at the same time if I'm exposed to flu (very likely in my job) and something goes wrong I'll blame myself.

For the first time ever I got the flu jab this year. The treatment I'm on for my Rheumatoid Arthritis makes you a little immuno suppressed so I have to get the flu jab and pneumonia one too.
    To be fair I got the flu jab before I knew I was pregnant. It is entirely safe though for pregnant women and they are advised to get it. AFAIK the only issues with a vaccine for the flu was for the swine flu and that was because it was relatively unknown at the time.

I have an appointment with Occ Health next week (a follow up to see how I'm coping with work and my RA). I will tell the doctor then that I am pregnant and request the pneumonia vaccine too.

• Advertisement

Congratulations. I'm sure you're quite shocked but once that wears off you'll all be delighted.
    My husband would never find his passport in the ironing pile.

Haven't gotten it yet but I think I will. Although I've never had the vaccine ( even on my last pregnancy ) and never had the flu. I've been reading more about it and really don't want the flu while pregnant !!

Hi Rogueish,

Congratulations!! I'm sure it is a Hugh shock alright but when it fully sinks in you and hubby will be fine :-) I'm due the day before you !

I was pregnant through winter last time and didn't get it, my gp at the time didn't encourage it much. I've since changed gps and will be seeing her tomorrow so going to see what she thinks! I'll probably get it, suppose I haven't given much thought to it really. I've never had the actual proper flu, my dad has and it's not pretty (he now gets the vaccine every year) would not fancy it when pregnant!!

How is it fair to wake up feeling hungover ever single morning when you haven't touched a drop in months! I have the worst cotton mouth when I wake up every morning not to mention the dodgy tummy.

Digs wrote: »
    I was pregnant through winter last time and didn't get it, my gp at the time didn't encourage it much. I've since changed gps and will be seeing her tomorrow so going to see what she thinks! I'll probably get it, suppose I haven't given much thought to it really. I've never had the actual proper flu, my dad has and it's not pretty (he now gets the vaccine every year) would not fancy it when pregnant!!

How is it fair to wake up feeling hungover ever single morning when you haven't touched a drop in months! I have the worst cotton mouth when I wake up every morning not to mention the dodgy tummy.

Yep, and throw in a sore back and being so so tired its unbelievable. Making humans is hard work.

I suppose I'm nervous getting it in first trimester but I work in a school and kids catch everything so I suppose I should just get it.

Feeling really rough all week. Have that feeling in the pit of my stomach constantly and then get waves of oh God I'm gonna puke. Still haven't been sick yet. Definitely worse as the day goes on or if I don't eat every hour or 2. Carrying water and crackers on me to try and keep the feeling at bay.

Trying to make myself feel better by saying it's a good sign that things are progressing as they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

shivers27 wrote: »
    Hi Rogueish,

Congratulations!! I'm sure it is a Hugh shock alright but when it fully sinks in you and hubby will be fine :-) I'm due the day before you !

Thanks Shivers. Congrats too. How are you feeling? My due date is 20th but dependant on the scan date(s) babs will probably be born around the 6th-12th June. My last two were c-sections so that means by default this one will be too. :(
    Digs wrote: »

The 'pregnancy hangover' is horrible but I think that it is mostly a mild dehydration as our blood volume is increasing so our bodies are trying to trick us into drinking more fluids. The dilemma is wake up feeling crappy or drink more fluids and get up to pee during the night :rolleyes:

My whinge for the day is how my morning coffee has been replaced with a herbal tea and a folic acid multivitamin and omega-3 'chasers'.

UPDATE: Hubby has not left the country. I have attached my passport to his to just remind him that if he goes he has to bring me too! :D

Thanks Shivers. Congrats too. How are you feeling? My due date is 20th but dependant on the scan date(s) babs will probably be born around the 6th-12th June. My last two were c-sections so that means by default this one will be too. :(

The 'pregnancy hangover' is horrible but I think that it is mostly a mild dehydration as our blood volume is increasing so our bodies are trying to trick us into drinking more fluids. The dilemma is wake up feeling crappy or drink more fluids and get up to pee during the night :rolleyes:

My whinge for the day is how my morning coffee has been replaced with a herbal tea and a folic acid multivitamin and omega-3 'chasers'.

UPDATE: Hubby has not left the country. I have attached my passport to his to just remind him that if he goes he has to bring me too! :D

I had an emergency c section with my son in July 2014. I hope to have a section with this baby too as I'm TERRIFIED of having a ruptured uterus !!! :-(

I'm feeling ok actually, no sickness or anything. Just very tired. I was the same on my last pregnant. Lucky gal I know :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Aveen

Hoping for section this time too, had big baby on my first & they say second are bigger so don't like yourself Shivers27 want to rupture.

On another note, just 6 weeks and mornining sickness is killing me. Have hide my pregnancy from work ( got new role) & 1year old to look after, any recommendations? I was bad with my last pregnacy but this is early and stronger, thinking of heading to GP for the anti sickness meds, anyone taking them before?

• Advertisement

I think my pregnacare was making my nausea worse. I was taking it first thing and would feel pretty rotten soon after. I mentioned it to a friend who said she'd noticed the same on her pregnancy so started taking it at night instead. I've taken it at night the last 3 days and haven't felt nearly as bad. In fact, for the most part I feel quite good. Anybody else notice this?

Advertisement