Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

June 2016 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

This time around I'm taking the pregnancy multivitamin from Seven Seas and a separate omega 3. The same thing but half the price.

I've been really lucky with my first two pregnancies. I had no morning sickness at all. It did feel like both of them were going to be born with "Sponsored by Rennie" on their backsides! Looks like this one is shaping up to be similar.

Has anyone gone to their GP yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Aveen no tips for the sickness I'm afraid :-( I've managed to escape it so far and also with my little boy I didn't get it. Although I second what Hazelnut says , I did hear a few people say that pregnacare makes them feel very nauseous.

Rogueish ... No I haven't been to GP !! I really don't think I'm gonna bother ?! All she did the last time was confirm with a urine test , BP and explained about public / private options. Interested to hear if any of you guys went and if they did anything different

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Hazelnut Button

I went to mine but more so because he was familiar with my history so he was able to refer me for early scan. Also doing combined care so needed to sign the forms for that. But he didn't do much else. Confirmed it, took weight, BP and had a little feel of my stomach. Oh and offered the flu jab. That was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

shivers27 wrote: »
    Aveen no tips for the sickness I'm afraid :-( I've managed to escape it so far and also with my little boy I didn't get it. Although I second what Hazelnut says , I did hear a few people say that pregnacare makes them feel very nauseous.

Rogueish ... No I haven't been to GP !! I really don't think I'm gonna bother ?! All she did the last time was confirm with a urine test , BP and explained about public / private options. Interested to hear if any of you guys went and if they did anything different

I went to my gp on Thursday to get my bloods done (I've an underactive thyroid), I hadn't intended going otherwise but I completely forgot about the combined care form that had to be signed so needed to go anyway! She checked my bp, weight etc and general chit chat. Nothing apart from that. And neither of us mentioned the flu jab, which I meant to so there goes that!

I was as useful as a chocolate teapot this weekend. Blooming exhausted, nausea and wretching arrived on schedule (same as my first pregnancy) and when it comes to sleeping at the appropriate time.... Like now... Bam insomnia. This week is going to be fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

So I have my early scan this afternoon (7weeks). I'm so apprehensive about it.

When I was pregnant with my daughter everything went fine and there were no worrying signs anywhere along the way.
    Last time obviously it ended early and I had some discharge that was dark blood (but not fresh) and so I went to the Coombe. The rest is history.

This time around I'm on slightly paranoid knicker watch and I've had some discharge over the last couple of days. Its not blood but given my past history I'm worried that it means this one is over too.
    In some ways 15:30 today can't come quick enough and in other ways I'd keep it as far away from me as I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Rogueish

So I have my early scan this afternoon (7weeks). I'm so apprehensive about it.

When I was pregnant with my daughter everything went fine and there were no worrying signs anywhere along the way.
    Last time obviously it ended early and I had some discharge that was dark blood (but not fresh) and so I went to the Coombe. The rest is history.

This time around I'm on slightly paranoid knicker watch and I've had some discharge over the last couple of days. Its not blood but given my past history I'm worried that it means this one is over too.
    In some ways 15:30 today can't come quick enough and in other ways I'd keep it as far away from me as I can.

Good luck Penny. Keep busy today and the time will fly. Thinking of you.

Hugs Penny, crossing fingers everything is well x

Best of luck today Penny. I know the fear so well. Please God everything will be ok today.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

hey guys, im 5 and a half weeks pregnant, its my first so super excited, went to the doctor, she checked blood pressure, weight etc, signed forms but never mentioned flu jab, i forgot it too. shud i go back?
    was so excited we told our families yest, regret it now in cause sumthing bad happens.
    Hav no sickness yet, just thirsty, more urination, sore breasts and wat feel like period cramps, wats tat about.

Henwin wrote: »
    hey guys, im 5 and a half weeks pregnant, its my first so super excited, went to the doctor, she checked blood pressure, weight etc, signed forms but never mentioned flu jab, i forgot it too. shud i go back?
    was so excited we told our families yest, regret it now in cause sumthing bad happens.
    Hav no sickness yet, just thirsty, more urination, sore breasts and wat feel like period cramps, wats tat about.

Congratulations Henwin :-)

• Advertisement

How did your scan go Penny ? Thinking about you xx

How did your scan go Penny ? Thinking about you xx

Hi, it went really well thank you. I'm 7 weeks on the nose with an EDD of June 14th. Good strong heartbeat so things are looking good so far.
    I'm back in two weeks for a 9 week scan and then again at 11 weeks.
    Obviously I'm delighted with the good news on the scan today as I had myself convinced over the weekend that it was going to be bad news but I don't think I'll really relax until we hit the 12 week mark.

On the moan side of things- I was exhausted when I got home today, had dinner and then stupidly fell asleep on the couch and now I'm wide awake and can't sleep. Grrrr.

Wahoo, that's great news Penny :-) Delighted it went well. Must have been amazing to see the little heart beat :-)

Hi, it went really well thank you. I'm 7 weeks on the nose with an EDD of June 14th. Good strong heartbeat so things are looking good so far.
    I'm back in two weeks for a 9 week scan and then again at 11 weeks.
    Obviously I'm delighted with the good news on the scan today as I had myself convinced over the weekend that it was going to be bad news but I don't think I'll really relax until we hit the 12 week mark.

On the moan side of things- I was exhausted when I got home today, had dinner and then stupidly fell asleep on the couch and now I'm wide awake and can't sleep. Grrrr.

Congrats! Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Hi and congrats to everyone! I'm due 30th June on my first. We're delighted but it doesn't quite feel real yet. Visited Gp today, took blood pressure, confirmed with test and organised referral letter and form. I didn't get weighed or any lifestyle questions asked. I got flu jab in work but it wasnt mentioned anyway.
    I find it strange that I'm pretty much on my own until the hospital visit. I've been educating myself online and got a book so not too worried. Symptoms are fine so far, just sore boobs and I've crashed around 9pm the last few nights. Can't complain! :)
    We haven't told anyone yet and am starting to feel like I want to talk to my mam about it, my OH wants to wait til 8 weeks min to tell close family and longer for others, I agree in theory but will have to see how it goes for the next while. I'm not looking forward to having to make excuses for not drinking this weekend, I've a family dinner and a Halloween party to get through 😨😨😨. I really don't want to blow my cover as not ready to discuss it openly.

Hi and congrats to everyone! I'm due 30th June on my first. We're delighted but it doesn't quite feel real yet. Visited Gp today, took blood pressure, confirmed with test and organised referral letter and form. I didn't get weighed or any lifestyle questions asked. I got flu jab in work but it wasnt mentioned anyway.
    I find it strange that I'm pretty much on my own until the hospital visit. I've been educating myself online and got a book so not too worried. Symptoms are fine so far, just sore boobs and I've crashed around 9pm the last few nights. Can't complain! :)
    We haven't told anyone yet and am starting to feel like I want to talk to my mam about it, my OH wants to wait til 8 weeks min to tell close family and longer for others, I agree in theory but will have to see how it goes for the next while. I'm not looking forward to having to make excuses for not drinking this weekend, I've a family dinner and a Halloween party to get through 😨😨😨. I really don't want to blow my cover as not ready to discuss it openly.

Congratulations.

It is very hard on your first pregnancy not to be able to discuss things with anyone. Its the first time you're going through this, not 100% sure as to what is or isn't routine and yet the whole waiting until you're 12 weeks gone before telling anyone is the norm.
    But its not a rule. If you want to tell someone you can.

Congrats chocolatepan! Completely up to you if you want to tell your mam. I told my Mam (and dad) pretty much straight away on both pregnancies, I felt I needed her support and to be honest we are so close she would have guessed pretty quickly. For me, if something goes wrong she would be my first source of support (aside from my husband) so I'm happy with my decision to tell her. Everyone else can wait until 13 weeks to hear :)

Just had an early scan this morning. Beautiful little pudding had a lovely strong heartbeat so majorly relieved!! I'm dated a week behind so reliving week 7 again but not a bit surprised as I ovulate late, around day 21 and the same thing happened on my daughter!

Digs wrote: »

Just had an early scan this morning. Beautiful little pudding had a lovely strong heartbeat so majorly relieved!! I'm dated a week behind so reliving week 7 again but not a bit surprised as I ovulate late, around day 21 and the same thing happened on my daughter!

That's reassuring to read. My early scan was about 5 days behind which has had me a bit nervous. Have another tmrw when I'm 9wks 2 days so just hoping it's grown the right amount in the last 10 days. Think I'm more terrified for tmrw scan. Just praying that all is still good and there's still a good strong heartbeat.

That's reassuring to read. My early scan was about 5 days behind which has had me a bit nervous. Have another tmrw when I'm 9wks 2 days so just hoping it's grown the right amount in the last 10 days. Think I'm more terrified for tmrw scan. Just praying that all is still good and there's still a good strong heartbeat.

If all else is fine don't be worrying about being a few days behind! Those initial due date calculators are based on a 28 day cycle and therefore ovulation on day 14. Plenty of women, including myself don't ovulate till later (or earlier) and thus has longer or shorter cycles so naturally pushes out the due date.

It's just a pain in the butt having to relive a week but sure hey small worries in the grand scheme of things :)

I was anxious to get dated as I had a feeling I needed to be dated behind a bit. My daughter was overdue and I would have been induced on her if an early dating scan hadn't been done!

hey im 5 weeks and 5 days and this evening noticed light bleeding in d toilet, is tis normal, worried ere

• Advertisement

It can be normal but always worth getting checked out just in case. Best bet is to head into the hospital first thing and see can they scan you.

Fingers crossed all is OK.

ok, it has stopped now, and did a pregnancy test which was positive. am due for a scan in december

Was there much blood? Was it fresh red or dark brown?

Totally up to you as to what you do. I know personally I would need peace of mind.

just little bit as i wiped after using the toilet a few times, ya red, can i just walk into the hospital without a scan appointment, i havent recieved any corresspondance about dates for scans or anything yet, ya i wud like to go in to reassure myself

Congrats chocolate pan :-) Super exciting on your first pregnancy. I told my mam at 5 weeks with my boy. However she said it was the LONGEST pregnancy EVER and not to tell her so early next time !! We haven't told anyone yet, I'm 6+4. Well tell family after the scan on 30th Nov

Congrats chocolatepan! Completely up to you if you want to tell your mam. I told my Mam (and dad) pretty much straight away on both pregnancies, I felt I needed her support and to be honest we are so close she would have guessed pretty quickly. For me, if something goes wrong she would be my first source of support (aside from my husband) so I'm happy with my decision to tell her. Everyone else can wait until 13 weeks to hear :)

Fantastic new Digs :-) :-) Can't wait for my scan !

just little bit as i wiped after using the toilet a few times, ya red, can i just walk into the hospital without a scan appointment, i havent recieved any corresspondance about dates for scans or anything yet, ya i wud like to go in to reassure myself

If it were me I would go and get the fact that you had a bleed checked. I know the Rotunda have an early pregnancy unit and I'm sure other maternity hospitals do too. Get the number and give a ring to see if you go and get checked. Let us know how you get on xx

I've only been to the Coombe so not sure about other hospitals but in the Coombe you go into the emergency room, they do urine sample and examine you and try to get you scanned in early pregnancy unit. Earlier you go in the better the chance you have of being scanned that day. On my first miscarriage I went in the afternoon and had to come back to the EPU following day to be scanned. 2nd one we were at the ER about 8am and we're scanned that morning. I was unlucky having 2 miscarriages, chances are everything is fine for you. It's very common to have spotting in early pregnancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭chocolatepan

Thanks guys, I think I will tell my mam quite soon, need all that motherly advice that I'm sure she'll be only delighted to give. That must be amazing to see your little one beating strong! Its incredible how fast they develop, I'll look into getting an early scan in a couple of weeks, just gone 5 weeks so maybe at 7 or 8. Yay! 😀

• Advertisement

Congrats chocolate pan :-) Super exciting on your first pregnancy. I told my mam at 5 weeks with my boy. However she said it was the LONGEST pregnancy EVER and not to tell her so early next time !! We haven't told anyone yet, I'm 6+4. Well tell family after the scan on 30th Nov

Haha this is actually a good point, my husbands nephews girlfriend is due in January and he told us pretty much straight away. I swear it feels like she's been pregnant two years!!

Im going to dinner with two of my friends on Saturday, the minute I refuse a glass of wine their interests will be peaked! They'll see right through the antibiotics routine but will play along no doubt :)

Advertisement