Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Wombatman wrote: »
    Targett, Sagna, Nyom, Coates in my back line and looking like none starters next week. Will do Coates to O'Shea for starters and maybe Wilson to Murray for -4.

Why do you think Nyom will be dropped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I've talked myself out of taking a hit this week.
    Watmore --> Vardy done on Saturday and if someone gets injured midweek I have decent subs to play instead.
    Pedro gets 2 more weeks. Hopefully Pedro +4 beats KDB over 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

patmac wrote: »
    I need radical surgery on my team after a horrible week especially my defence, wild card already played currently have 3.6m in the bank, thinking 2 defenders and Wilson to go for -8
    Cech/McCarthy
    Kolorov, Naughton, Gomez, Targett, Saylor
    Yaya, Pedro, Payet, Westwood, Mahrez,
    Wilson,Aguero,Martial

Why two def? Kol and naughton with 1 additional def is plenty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Taken an 8 point hit for next week already. Toure, Wilson and Shaquiri out, De Bruyne, Hoolohan and Vardy in.

I get the impression I am point chasing already in this absolute disaster of a season thus far :(

Pedro and Aguero are also on my cut list. If Aguero doesnt do some business against an awful Newcastle this weekend, Id say he is gonski.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Who would the priority to get rid off? Who might drop in price fastest?

Currently have Shaw, Wilson, Gomez, Targett.
    Total mess of a defence.
    Also really wanted to get KdB in as he has 2 great fixtures.

Probably gonna end up taking a huge points hit after a total fail of a weekend!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Shaw obviously needs to go as he wont play again this side of easter probably. I also doubt Gomez/Targett will see any real game time any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

patmac wrote: »
    I need radical surgery on my team after a horrible week especially my defence, wild card already played currently have 3.6m in the bank, thinking 2 defenders and Wilson to go for -8
    Cech/McCarthy
    Kolorov, Naughton, Gomez, Targett, Saylor
    Yaya, Pedro, Payet, Westwood, Mahrez,
    Wilson,Aguero,Martial

Same boat.
    Have exact same team apart from Saylor/Shaw and Yaya/Ayew.

Vardy is probably the ideal swap for Wilson. Or maybe Sakho as West Ham have decent fixtures.

Like me you prob need West Brom def coverage. I was gonna go Zouma but Chelsea still not solid enough.

froog wrote: »
    He's the only defender I have no doubts about currently, why do you want rid?

Returns aren't great, fixtures are quite poor. Have sorted other areas out so he gets a by of execution, but is likely to go next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Lemlin wrote: »
    Why do you think Nyom will be dropped?

Hooked after 74 min for conceeding the peno. Ake played well when he cam on.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hooked after 74 min for conceeding the peno. Ake played well when he cam on.

Doubt he'll lose his place based on a single incident. He has been great thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Targett, Sagna, Nyom, Coates in my back line and looking like none starters next week. Will do Coates to O'Shea for starters and maybe Wilson to Murray for -4.

I'd be very surprised if Nyom gets dropped. He had a bad game yday but he's been the best defender in the first 4 games. Ake is brilliant though so I think Anya could be moved back into midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

Any indication if Silva will be back for Newcastle?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

P.Walnuts wrote: »
    Any indication if Silva will be back for Newcastle?

Pellegrini said last week that's he'll likely be fit for Dortmund.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I can't help feeling that Aguero is waiting until most of the masses have lost faith before fúcking all the doubters over.

Sanchez did it to many this week. i've no doubt Aguero will end up doing it very soon too.

this weekend is why Sanchez is worth the pricetag and occasional frustrations.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

SlickRic wrote: »
    I can't help feeling that Aguero is waiting until most of the masses have lost faith before fúcking all the doubters over.

Sanchez did it to many this week. i've no doubt Aguero will end up doing it very soon too.

As long as he doesn't get injured in champ league he is my captain
    I just hope he doesn't pick up a "niggle"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

how bad is wilsons injury lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'm not gonna lie to you, it's not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

If it's as serious as it looked and as people fear, you're looking at around 8-12 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Does YYT need moving on or did it not look so bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

jimmii wrote: »
    Does YYT need moving on or did it not look so bad?

I'd hold for the minute. Looked fairly precautionary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Who's everyone's pick for the relatively cheap forwards? I'm getting rid of both Gomis and Wilson, and thinking of transferring in Berahino and Vardy. Tempted to pick Gestede or Ighalo but they're not consistent enough imo.

Edit: I just realised: if I get Berahino, that will be three West Brom players! Nearly worth it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

SlickRic wrote: »

Aguero looked great against Chelsea, but hasn't seemed as dangerous since then. I'll obviously be putting the armband on him against Newcastle more in hope and lack of great alternatives than belief that he'll come up with a hat trick.

Sanchez benefited from a very open match and luck finally going his way. If he keeps it up, I'll bring him in since it breaks my heart to not own a high flying Arsenal player. He's becoming my FPL nemesis: don't own for most of high scoring matches and doesn't deliver for me when I captain him

Who's everyone's pick for the relatively cheap forwards? I'm getting rid of both Gomis and Wilson, and thinking of transferring in Berahino and Vardy. Tempted to pick Gestede or Ighalo but they're not consistent enough imo.

Edit: I just realised: if I get Berahino, that will be three West Brom players! Nearly worth it though...

I'm giving myself another week to assess my Wilson replacement. Ayoze is on my watchlist if I need to free up funds; he has some nice fixtures on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I'm giving myself another week to assess my Wilson replacement. Ayoze is on my watchlist if I need to free up funds; he has some nice fixtures on the horizon

I haven't even heard of Ayoze before! He definitely could be a great buy for that price tag. And the out of sorts Cisse could mean that he will get decent gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Starting to consider my first -4 of the season but will probably hold off on Ighalo -> Vardy until after this weekend's fixtures.

As much as I have Sanchez, I'm tempted to take a punt and go without him for 2 weeks and bring in KDB. I don't see Arsenal scoring more than 3 goals max in the next two games, whereas I think City could be very, very pissed after their last two results and bag a hatful.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Wilson and Cédric out, Vardy and Dawson in. Don't mind taking a -4 for this, it had to happen.

I haven't even heard of Ayoze before! He definitely could be a great buy for that price tag. And the out of sorts Cisse could mean that he will get decent gameplay.

Yeah, assurance of starts is a problem. Cisse was injured last match so Ayoze and Mitrovic started up front

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm looking at wijnaldum off Newcastle from next week although havent seen too much of him. 2 goals in 7 games considering Newcastle fixtures is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Have finally converted to the Martial bandwagon,got his last price rise but missed out on all his pts...purely as a blocking move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Begovic in for Fabianski. I think Chelsea will tighten up at the back soon and 5m is good value.

Advertisement