Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »
    Seriously considering -8 hit tonight.

Yaya
    Gomis
    Wilson

OUT

De Bruyne
    Vardy
    ???
    IN

6.5m for ???

Diouf
    Ighalo
    Murray

Is Murray gonna get his game anyone know?

Murray will get his game but I'd still go Ighalo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Murray will get his game but I'd still go Ighalo

Thoughts on the moves?

Only weakness would be no West Ham. 0.1 short of Sahko. Could do Payet instead of De Bruyne.

Team would be
    Myhill mccarthy
    Kolarov. Naughton. Souare. ( Gomez. Wilson)
    Sanchez. Mahrez. Hazard. De Bruyne (Westwood)
    Aguero. Ighalo. Vardy.

City may be wobbling but now have 5 from 7 at home.

3 defenders have ok fixtures this week and can take a drop on Gomez so letting him sit.

Problem with leaving results to motd is having to make decisions when i should be in bed!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Just did Watmore --> Vardy without really thinking about it. I'll catch a price rise or two at least.
    Strong front 8 now with Ayew on the bench.
    I may take a hit for Pedro --> KDB after the midweek games.

Thoughts on the moves?

Only weakness would be no West Ham. 0.1 short of Sahko.

Team would be
    Myhill mccarthy
    Kolarov. Naughton. Souare. ( Gomez. Wilson)
    Sanchez. Mahrez. Hazard. De Bruyne (Westwood)
    Aguero. Ighalo. Vardy.

City may be wobbling but now have 5 from 7 at home.

3 defenders have ok fixtures this week and can take a drop on Gomez so letting him sit.

Problem with leaving results to motd is having to make decisions when i should be in bed!!

I've gone for that same strike force except with Martial instead of Vardy. I'm going dud midfielder now so I couldn't settle on having to play both Ighalo and Vardy every week.

Don't get me wrong I think Vardy is a decent option but I don't think he's the sort I'd want to commit to playing every week either.

spock. wrote: »
    Just did Watmore --> Vardy without really thinking about it. I'll catch a price rise or two at least.
    Strong front 8 now with Ayew on the bench.
    I may take a hit for Pedro --> KDB after the midweek games.

Pedro has 2 home games in a row now, one vs Villa.

• Advertisement

I've gone for that same strike force except with Martial instead of Vardy. I'm going dud midfielder now so I couldn't settle on having to play both Ighalo and Vardy every week.

Don't get me wrong I think Vardy is a decent option but I don't think he's the sort I'd want to commit to playing every week either.

Palace like City now have 5 from 7 at home..WBA, West Ham, Man U, Sunderland and Newcastle. Away games Liverpool and Leicester.

If Murray was nailed and possibly on pens i could handle starting him every week. Surprised there's not more intetest in Palace with those fixtures tbh.

Anyhow just Gomis to Vardy for now. Wait for Yaya news and CL games hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Anyone who brought Martial in last week thinking of banking the rises and selling? Tough fixtures for Man Utd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Seriously considering -8 hit tonight.

Yaya
    Gomis
    Wilson

OUT

De Bruyne
    Vardy
    ???
    IN

6.5m for ???

Diouf
    Ighalo
    Murray

Is Murray gonna get his game anyone know?

I nave Diouf but you could consider Gayle with Wickham injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Palace like City now have 5 from 7 at home..WBA, West Ham, Man U, Sunderland and Newcastle. Away games Liverpool and Leicester.

If Murray was nailed and possibly on pens i could handle starting him every week. Surprised there's not more intetest in Palace with those fixtures tbh.

Murray definitely not on Palace pens if that's what you mean?
    He's moved to Bournemouth.
    Could be on them there, if Wilson is out long term he'll be their main striker.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Murray definitely not on Palace pens if that's what you mean?
    He's moved to Bournemouth.
    Could be on them there, if Wilson is out long term he'll be their main striker.

Ah ffs. I still had Palace in my head. I need to get more sleep!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

ElTel wrote: »
    Could you fit Sturridge in?

Not without taking Aguero out - current WC team has Kun, Sanchez, and KdB which takes up a fair bit of change. It also has no Chelsea attack which I'd like to change if it's possible to accommodate while keeping the above three.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

irish son wrote: »
    Anyone who brought Martial in last week thinking of banking the rises and selling? Tough fixtures for Man Utd.

Form over fixtures. The only doubt for me is whether I should have him or Mata.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Probably facing a -8...

YaYa »»» KdB
    Sako »»» Barkley
    Gomis »»» Diafra Sakho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Team is in bits now...

Gomis, Targett, Wilson & Gomez all need to go now... Pedro, Sinclair & Aguero underperforming.

Need one of the 4 non-starters to go to secure a starting 11..

Prob go Gomis to Berahino tonight if he starts and plays a full match. West Broms fixtures look tasty!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,689 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Lemlin wrote: »
    Form over fixtures. The only doubt for me is whether I should have him or Mata.

With Vardy, Igahlo and Sakho all I'm good form it makes sense to have Mata really. If Martial wasn't such a bandwagon and me being a Utd fan I would have Mata over him. Penalties also a big factor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I'm thinking de Bruyn for depay. United next fixs are Arsenal Everton city...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

dahat wrote: »
    With Vardy, Igahlo and Sakho all I'm good form it makes sense to have Mata really. If Martial wasn't such a bandwagon and me being a Utd fan I would have Mata over him. Penalties also a big factor

Will see how Berahino does against Everton tomorrow night, he is only 6.2 and i can sell Wilson for 5.8. WBA have good fixtures coming up. Vardy would worry me having two Leicester attackers in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I logged in to do Wilson -> Vardy last night as I knew he was rising

But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't know why, he looked great yesterday a cert for 0.2 etc

I might go Sakho. I've also probably talked myself down from the WC as I want to give my team a week to bounce back as I'm happy enough with most of them. Sanchez was the difference mainly and every other differential not performing as the rest of them did :pac:

If Palace had a reliable striker I'd be all over that with those fixtures

I logged in to do Wilson -> Vardy last night as I knew he was rising

But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't know why, he looked great yesterday a cert for 0.2 etc

I might go Sakho. I've also probably talked myself down from the WC as I want to give my team a week to bounce back as I'm happy enough with most of them. Sanchez was the difference mainly and every other differential not performing as the rest of them did :pac:

I'd beware Sakho. Jelavic and Carroll will take away from his playing time and with Payet there I can't see West Ham playing 2 up front very often.

I took him out for Benteke and even though he's scored 2 in that time ans Benteke played 45 minutes of unproductive football, I think the logic still stands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thinking of a -4, My first point hit this season!

Wilsona/Yaya to Vardy and De Bruyne..

b617ab632bbc5d5ad123498439afad92.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thinking of a -4, My first point hit this season!

Wilsona/Yaya to Vardy and De Bruyne..

b617ab632bbc5d5ad123498439afad92.png

Not sure you have the cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Team needs an overhaul. Dogged with injuries and non-starters. Went from 14 starters to just 11 this week.

Any advice?
    Really wanted KdB but defence needs sorting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

lougal88 wrote: »
    Team needs an overhaul. Dogged with injuries and non-starters. Went from 14 starters to just 11 this week.

Any advice?

If you do shaw to a wba defender you should be ok for the moment. Maybe get vardy in for Wilson, but you mightn't need to take a hit. You could still do ayew to kdb for a hit, if you think he'll score big vs Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Thinking Coutinho and Benteke to Sanchez and Vardy. Dont particularly want to bring Sanchez this week but price rises..

Aguero gets 2 more weeks, the likes of Pedro, Pelle, Mata, Sturridge performing would make me tempted to ship him out if he doesnt have a big performance soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

bohsman wrote: »
    Thinking Coutinho and Benteke to Sanchez and Vardy. Dont particularly want to bring Sanchez this week but price rises..

Aguero gets 2 more weeks, the likes of Pedro, Pelle, Mata, Sturridge performing would make me tempted to ship him out if he doesnt have a big performance soon.

Only direct move for sanchez is hazard, other than that it would be 2 transfer, using other to get funds, I think sanchez will rise. 1 tonight and will hold out till Saturday night then again, so. 1 rise this week

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd beware Sakho. Jelavic and Carroll will take away from his playing time and with Payet there I can't see West Ham playing 2 up front very often.

I took him out for Benteke and even though he's scored 2 in that time ans Benteke played 45 minutes of unproductive football, I think the logic still stands.

I don't believe either will destroy his game time that much.

Sakho is as important as Payet right now, and I believe Carroll and Jelavic are as likely to take Sakho's game time, as Bony is likely to take Aguero's.

We'll see though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

lougal88 wrote: »

Any advice?

FT on Shaw.
    Could look at CP striker with their decent fixtures to rotate with your 5 in mid. I have Vardy and Diouf with Kun.
    Could consider Wickham if fit for next week as an "Ighalo type"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Could take a -8 hit for Gomez > Francis (or any 4.5), Ayew > Mata and Wilson > Vardy.

Team will then look like this:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Bellerin/Kolarov/Taylor/Francis/Martin
    KDB/Sanchez/Mata/Mahrez/Wanyama
    Aguero/Martial/Vardy

Thoughts? Maybe too much tied up in Leicester attack?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Took a -4 for Wilson > Vardy and Gomez > Alderweireld

Advertisement