Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Going to be a -4 for a playing keeper, Courtois injuried and now McCarthy dropped, already did Wilson to Vardy. Need to look at fixtures to see who has best fixtures for next 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

ElTel wrote: »
    I nave Diouf but you could consider Gayle with Wickham injured.

After watching first half of Wat/CP I would NOT consider Gayle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I've already made my transfers and McCarthy is now dropped. I'll have to make do with Ruddy next week as I'm not taking another hit for a keeper.

Being honest, I'll probably transfer Ruddy out for De Gea the week after as I have 1.0m itb

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

I've already made my transfers and McCarthy is now dropped. I'll have to make do with Ruddy next week as I'm not taking another hit for a keeper.

Being honest, I'll probably transfer Ruddy out for De Gea the week after as I have 1.0m itb

United next 3 fixtures don't look great for DDG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

KingJamsie wrote: »
    United next 3 fixtures don't look great for DDG

Just took a look there after I posted it. 3 alternatives are

Krul - Norwich (H), Sunderland ( A), Stoke (H), Bournemouth(A), Leicester(H) are Newcastles next fixtures after the Man City game.

Begovic - Chelsea also have a nice run with Southampton (H), Villa (H), West Ham (A), Liverpool(H), Norwich(H) and Stoke ( A) making up their next 6.

Fabianski - Spurs and Stoke (H), AVL (A), Arsenal (H), Norwich (A), Bournemouth (H)

Begovic maybe the most appealing of those but really need Chelsea to step it up a bit..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Just took a look there after I posted it. 3 alternatives are

Krul - Norwich (H), Sunderland ( A), Stoke (H), Bournemouth(A), Leicester(H) are Newcastles next fixtures after the Man City game.

Begovic - Chelsea also have a nice run with Southampton (H), Villa (H), West Ham (A), Liverpool(H), Norwich(H) and Stoke ( A) making up their next 6.

Fabianski - Spurs and Stoke (H), AVL (A), Arsenal (H), Norwich (A), Bournemouth (H)

Begovic maybe the most appealing of those but really need Chelsea to step it up a bit..

Myhill? Everyone who has him sees him as some sort of gloved god! Wish i'd gone with him myself to be honest!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Pedro and Wilson out for Payet and Vardy. Dying to get both in for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I took Hennessy out last night in my WC but might bring him back @3.9...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Don't know what to do this week. Ayew and Wilson are the issues. Really I should do nothing as I have a strong front 8 so can bench Wilson and play ayew as he has a decent fixture with spurs playing Thurs night. If I sell both its a 4 pt hit and one of the players I get will be on my bench. I could do Wilson to Murray and bench ayew. Then sell ayew the following week for mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I took Hennessy out last night in my WC but might bring him back @3.9...

He was pretty ropey in spite of the clean sheet. With this 3 way battle in mind id worry for him. But you're grand as long as it's not a rotation thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Want to hold on for a week but looks like Wilson will lose all his value. Berahino looks the best place-holder to warm my bench for the next month with the possibility of an odd goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

My issues are Wilson, Ayew, Gomez and Muniesa, plus I'm not happy with my Gomes/Guzan GK rotation. Plenty to ponder and work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

My worries are Sako, Gomis & Pedro

Don't really want to be losing anymore team value (Gomis looks to be dropping).

But Palace, Swansea and Chelsea all have 3 of their next 4 games at home.

Might hold fire for another week but everyone seems to dropping players from these teams, and I've had a stinking year so not sure what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

As mentioned already Palace have great fixtures and apart from wishfully imagining Glenn Murray still plays for them is there anyone there worth considering attack wise? From preseason i was hoping Bamford woulda nailed a spot by now for this run but Gayle or Campbell are viable options. While there are too many good mids to free up a slot there for Cabaye or Zaha. Pardew seems rotation crazy as i think it was Lemlin predicted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

FHFC wrote:
    As mentioned already Palace have great fixtures and apart from wishfully imagining Glenn Murray still plays for them is there anyone there worth considering attack wise? From preseason i was hoping Bamford woulda nailed a spot by now for this run but Gayle or Campbell are viable options. While there are too many good mids to free up a slot there for Cabaye or Zaha. Pardew seems rotation crazy as i think it was Lemlin predicted.

The rotation at Palace is killing their mids/forwards as FF prospects.
    Cabaye is the only one I would consider.

spock. wrote: »
    The rotation at Palace is killing their mids/forwards as FF prospects.
    Cabaye is the only one I would consider.

That's my thinking. Just wondering, hoping, was i overlooking someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Haven't a clue what to do for this one. Time to drop Gomis? For who? Vardy, Sakho?

Also, best defender for 4.5/5m? Have Myhill, Kolarov, Davies, Gomez, Targett and Naughton. Would a West Brom double up be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Got 12 from 15 playing at home this weekend, happy to bank the ft

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I was planning on banking the transfer this week but Wilson has forced my hand.

Wilson - > Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

DÃ&#179 wrote: »
    Darmian needs to go, either for a west brom defender or maybe Bertrand. Plus Wilson.

He's the only defender I have no doubts about currently, why do you want rid?

• Advertisement

Did a slightly risky second transfer last night of Wilson to Sahko for -4. No West Ham attacking cover for the next 4 or 5 games is high risk. Can't really fit Payet into my midfield with Yaya, Sanchez, Hazard and Mahrez.

It means I'm 0.1 short of Yaya to De Bruyne but if Yaya is fit for Newcastle, which seems likely enough, it would hardly have been worth a hit in any case for a somewhat sideways move.

Was prepared to go to -8 this week so if i get an injury so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did wilson to glenn murray. Joined the other 6,000 players with murray in their teams. He has comfortably less than 1 % ownership:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Swansea not firing is a big worry with both Ayew and Gomis in my team.

I can do Ayew -> Payet and Gomis -> Vardy for a -4.

I still have worries about other areas of my squad though like Mignolet not being able to keep a clean sheet since Liverpool started playing 3 at the back and also Pedro hasn't been involved as I would have liked, but it was nice to see him play 90 mins with others being sacrificed instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Targett, Sagna, Nyom, Coates in my back line and looking like none starters next week. Will do Coates to O'Shea for starters and maybe Wilson to Murray for -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭steve_r

AdMMM wrote: »
    Swansea not firing is a big worry with both Ayew and Gomis in my team.

I can do Ayew -> Payet and Gomis -> Vardy for a -4.

I still have worries about other areas of my squad though like Mignolet not being able to keep a clean sheet since Liverpool started playing 3 at the back and also Pedro hasn't been involved as I would have liked, but it was nice to see him play 90 mins with others being sacrificed instead.

I've Ayew and Pedro too and considering taking hits to rid myself of both. Swansea aren't scoring and Pedro was quite poor against Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Wombatman wrote: »
    Targett, Sagna, Nyom, Coates in my back line and looking like none starters next week. Will do Coates to O'Shea for starters and maybe Wilson to Murray for -4.

Sagna is getting dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,081 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Sagna is getting dropped?

Well Zabaleta will be back and could be first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

CSF wrote: »
    Well Zabaleta will be back and could be first choice.

Ah, cheers for that.
    Think I might still have starting 3 defenders, but with Sagna, Gomez, Wilson, Hart & McCarthy(Crystal Palace) changes will have to be made.

Anybody know if Hart is due back next week, or will we not find out until later on in the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

I need radical surgery on my team after a horrible week especially my defence, wild card already played currently have 3.6m in the bank, thinking 2 defenders and Wilson to go for -8
    Cech/McCarthy
    Kolorov, Naughton, Gomez, Targett, Saylor
    Yaya, Pedro, Payet, Westwood, Mahrez,
    Wilson,Aguero,Martial

• Advertisement

Ah, cheers for that.
    Think I might still have starting 3 defenders, but with Sagna, Gomez, Wilson, Hart & McCarthy(Crystal Palace) changes will have to be made.

Anybody know if Hart is due back next week, or will we not find out until later on in the week?

Hart injury was minor. He trained on friday but was rested. I'd be amazed if he didn't play in the CL on Wednesday after Willie's poor display.

Advertisement