Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips Airfryer £69.99~€95 for the next 12 Hours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

Mine arrived Tuesday (to my home place though so will pick it up at the weekend and first use won't be until next week).

Any one have a good link for the cooking time required for different things in the airfryer? I see people mentioning its much faster but anywhere with a comprehensive guide to the time for different things?

it comes with a little recipe booklet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Argghhhhhhhhhh missed this bargain AGAIN..aRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is a bit over an OTT way of doing chips, but I tried it with Maris Piper and they were lovely. (didn't do the fridge a second time as it seemed a bit much)

I probably wouldn't be arsed doing this much, but yeah, they were lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

Argghhhhhhhhhh missed this bargain AGAIN..aRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Go to camelcamelcamel and wnte the following url.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Airfryer-Healthier/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443797897&sr=8-1&keywords=hd9220

or go to
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-HD9220-20-Airfryer-Healthier/product/B0042EU3A2

Then select the price as £70 and enter your email addess into the email notification bow.

click submit.

You will now be notified when the price drops below £70.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

padair wrote: »
    Go to camelcamelcamel and wnte the following url.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9220-20-Airfryer-Healthier/dp/B0042EU3A2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1443797897&sr=8-1&keywords=hd9220

or go to
    http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/Philips-HD9220-20-Airfryer-Healthier/product/B0042EU3A2

Then select the price as £70 and enter your email addess into the email notification bow.

click submit.

You will now be notified when the price drops below £70.

WOWzers ..Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

I'm sending mine back. Only got it yesterday but the basket is a lot smaller than I thought. Have already tried some chips in it(Aldi Maris Pipers) unbelievable result:eek:
    But I had other plans for it other than chips:( I'll be sending it back on monday but if anyone wants it for the price I paid, tis all yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

bidiots wrote: »
    I'm sending mine back.

That's a shame but I can appreciate where you are coming from. Since I got mine on Tuesday I've cooked chicken breasts x 2 and chips at the same time, did about 7 jacket potatoes and then when they were almost finished put in veg to roast, I've just cooked a small chicken - I love it

Just did Garlic Prawns. Success.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Buddyhol

What part of the country are you in bidiot?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Boil some baby potatoes until they are just done.
    Let them cool a little and chop them in half. Put them in a bowl and mix in a little oil and salt and pepper. Throw them in the Airfyer for about 10-15 mins.
    Serve and enjoy. Come back onto boards to thank Casey78!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Good to see other people enjoying the delights of the Airfryer! I got mine (the digital one) in the Power City sale back at the start of the year and it gets a lot of use! Mainly on potato products but I've started experimenting recently! Just on recommendations for chips - I have tried a load of different types but have found the McCain Home Fries (in the blue bag), straight cut to be particularly delicious. I generally do 6 mins, shake, 6 mins, shake and if they need to be extra crispy I give them an extra 2 mins. As someone mentioned earlier though, keep an eye because there is a fine line between crispy and charred in an Airfryer!

Mine comes with the little "shelf" that fits into the basket so you can have chips on the bottom and meat on top but I would also like to have the divider. They're online but costs about 30 quid. I've tried breaded chicken stuff (the Big Als Kitchen range is good - much more expensive than their normal stuff but seems to contain actual Chicken) but haven't tried "raw" chicken on the bone yet. How could I do chicken and chips together (given the required shaking!) without splashing out on the divider?

Also, try to keep the basket and grease collector clean. I was very good with my grease collector but not so good with my basket with the result that it's now quite clogged which really hurts the performance of the frying air!

Simon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

I have a divider but don't use it. If I'm doing chicken and chips I use a kitchen tongs to move the chips about a bit. They still come out perfect.

I'm a recent convert to steaks and burgers. I did half a rack of ribs in it last night and finished them in a wok with a honey/soy sauce. Not bad st all.

I Bing the basket and drip tray in the dishwasher every night. Never had an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Anyone ever try a round roast in this or would it be too big? I've a kilo thawing for tomorrow and I'd love to know would it turn out as juicy as the steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Satriale wrote: »
    Anyone ever try a round roast in this or would it be too big? I've a kilo thawing for tomorrow and I'd love to know would it turn out as juicy as the steak.
    Never tried a roast in mine ,have done everything else,I would say a kilo joint would be fine ,have the temp at around 160 and I would say 40 minutes should do it...wrap in foil if she starts to brown to quickly ..
    Let us know how it goes..😮

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

harr wrote: »
    Never tried a roast in mine ,have done everything else,I would say a kilo joint would be fine ,have the temp at around 160 and I would say 40 minutes should do it...wrap in foil if she starts to brown to quickly ..
    Let us know how it goes..😮

Can u put foil into this unit?? Is it safe??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

bidiots wrote: »
    I'm sending mine back. Only got it yesterday but the basket is a lot smaller than I thought. Have already tried some chips in it(Aldi Maris Pipers) unbelievable result:eek:
    But I had other plans for it other than chips:( I'll be sending it back on monday but if anyone wants it for the price I paid, tis all yours
    I've gone through the returns process with Amazon on mine and am waiting for the postal strike to end to return it.
    If anyone in the west wants it before then, get in touch, it makes no odds to me which way I get my money back.... Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Where are you based? I might be interested! How much did you pay for it? Thanks

Sausages really make a mess. I'd rather it in the tray than my gut, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

According to the net anything that's safe in an oven is safe in the air fryer

anyone know about doing onion rings in the air fryer? Or things in a wet batter rather than dry? I did breadcrumbed cod gougons this week and they were fab

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

There's mention of the basket being small, what is the largest thing you could fit in it?

• Advertisement

There's mention of the basket being small, what is the largest thing you could fit in it?
    Small chicken in mine cooked fine...less than an hour

Masala wrote: »
    Can u put foil into this unit?? Is it safe??
    Foil is fine, I cook salmon in foil in mine no problem ,takes a little longer that's all. I have used those silicon muffin cases to cook eggs in mine..Mix two eggs with ham and some veggies and pour into muffin case ,cooks in about 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭south

Satriale wrote: »

I have a fresh one roasting away at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

According to the net anything that's safe in an oven is safe in the air fryer

anyone know about doing onion rings in the air fryer? Or things in a wet batter rather than dry? I did breadcrumbed cod gougons this week and they were fab

Onion rings absolutely perfect, keep an eye on them as they cook fast, watch your weight aswell from the temptation to put onion rings with everything! Wet batter is fine, just don't shake obviously, I do fresh fish dipped in egg and flour sometimes and apart from a load of smoke from the drips that go down underneath its perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

harr wrote: »
    Small chicken in mine cooked fine...less than an hour

Great thanks, if you can fit a small chicken in would do me fine.

Just have to wait for another deal on it now! Kicking myself I didn't get it on Amazon or when Harvey Norman had it for €109.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cal_chi

OMG thank you for the heads up about cooking steak in this. Have had airfryer for 3 years now, only really use it for cooking chips in, but just cooked a cheap steak in it, and it turned out amazing-SO much more tender than if I'd fried it! YUM!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is the results u get with this as good as or even better than a Hallogen oven.

Apart from chips of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

south wrote: »
    I have a fresh one roasting away at the moment

How did it turn out? Mine was ok, not as tender as the steak but i had to burn it a bit pink for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Grayditch wrote: »
    Sausages really make a mess. I'd rather it in the tray than my gut, I guess.

Mine were all good, only 1 brand of large ones exploded. Some had minor splits, I find it does not pop if set at a lower temp, I use 170-180C, I put the sausages in without preheating for about 8-10mins. When you take them out when it has just finished you have to let them cool for a bit, otherwise they may appear underdone. This is because they are typically blown up like balloons and the skin looks paler than it really is, when it shrinks back down it gets browner looking.

Rashers are brilliant in it, as it cooks so evenly. I make cuts in the fat so it does not all shrink up, you get lovely crispy bits doing this too.

eggs can be done in it too. Someone had the same idea as me using silicone cup cake cases. These can be got in dealz, 6 for 1.49. Other pics I previously found were using ramekins and similar things. You can put cheese & butter on the eggs.

wpid-dsc_1718.jpg?w=605

wpid-20150628_183729.jpg?w=605

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,867 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Prick the sausage with a fork before you put it in and it cooks perfectly.

€6 for 2 ribeyes in Lidl, came out of mine amazing this evening.

Advertisement