Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android Tap and Pay in Ireland [Threads Merged]

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Google have changed Google Pay so you always have to unlock and confirm it's you before any transaction, before in Ireland you could pay up to €50 by just waking your phone. For me that's most of the convenience gone, typing PIN is slow and error prone, unlocking my phone is getting more cumbersome as it ages (Galaxy S9+), face and retina recognition is very slow, I might have to try fingerprint, or use my watch more (which I usually feel a bit silly using). I'm not sure what the benefit to the user is, a fraudulent transaction would be recorded anyway, and most banks seem ok about reversing them. Security theater in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I just used my phone to pay twice in last few hours, both times I didn't unlock and it worked fine. Was only a few € each time (£ actually), but no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Have noticed this too over the past week, very frustrating for the same reasons you say and the fact that there was no notification of this change!

Advertisement