Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,083 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would you guys be more convinced by Pedro than Hazard? Both 9/5 in the anytime goal scorer market.

Does Pedro potentially benefit from Costa being out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

CSF wrote: »
    Would you guys be more convinced by Pedro than Hazard? Both 9/5 in the anytime goal scorer market.

I'm going Pedro on my WC. Still not sure I'd -4 Ayew out, he has terrible shooting stats in two matches but Saints defence blows hot and cold

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

I'd go with Hazard, Hazard has better stats over the last couple of games and he is on penalties. Will probably go Silva to Hazard. Other options for me include KDB, but he could be a rotation risk whereas Hazard is nailed on. Payet or Pedro are the other two possibilities but Hazard should outscore Pedro over a prolonged period and Chelsea coverage is a must have with their fixtures. There is also no point having good team value with loads in the bank so i'll probably just take the punt on Hazard and hope that the big hitters start turning on the form as the holy trinity of Aguero, Sanchez and Hazard are slowly turning into major differentials.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Officer999

What are people's thoughts on Remy? Surely he will start ahead of Falcao. Thinking of selling Benteke for Remy? Worth the risk? Also considering Rooney...thoughts would be appreciated!

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    I'd go with Hazard, Hazard has better stats over the last couple of games and he is on penalties. Will probably go Silva to Hazard. Other options for me include KDB, but he could be a rotation risk whereas Hazard is nailed on. Payet or Pedro are the other two possibilities but Hazard should outscore Pedro over a prolonged period and Chelsea coverage is a must have with their fixtures. There is also no point having good team value with loads in the bank so i'll probably just take the punt on Hazard and hope that the big hitters start turning on the form as the holy trinity of Aguero, Sanchez and Hazard are slowly turning into major differentials.

Essentially over the next 2 weeks it's Pedro and De Bruyne or Hazard and Sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Essentially over the next 2 weeks it's Pedro and De Bruyne or Hazard and Sterling.

Hard to call so. Probably Pedro and KDB for me but it's close. Ideally it would be Hazard and KDB.

Hard to call so. Probably Pedro and KDB for me but it's close. Ideally it would be Hazard and KDB.

Tbh I don't see any other way up of freeing that 1.5 million or so without getting rid of Sanchez instead of Ayew.

I'm not tied to Sanchez in any way but I'd be hard pushed to transfer him out for a 4 point hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gone with Silva -> De Bruyne.

Pedro's actually a small bit shorter to score than Hazard. Pedro a best price 15/8, Hazard a best price 2/1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I believe with equal playing time Pedro will score more goals than hazard as he is a more natural finisher. I'd be slightly concerned about Pedro's security of starts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Pelle in for benteke. Avoiding martial

I believe with equal playing time Pedro will score more goals than hazard as he is a more natural finisher. I'd be slightly concerned about Pedro's security of starts though.
    I've decided to hold out in any case. Any potential points hit I would take would result in me benching Callum Wilson (currently benching Ayew). I don't see a 4 point hit that results in me benching such an in-form striker as being productive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Ive already taken a minus four. Do I play the all out attack chip? If so this team

Myhill (macarthy)

Kolorov (one of martin francis targett gomez)

Moses shaquiri haz sanchez mahrez

Martial wilson aguero

Deco99 wrote: »
    Ive already taken a minus four. Do I play the all out attack chip? If so this team

Myhill (macarthy)

Martial wilson aguero

Well, who would you bench if you didn't play the chip?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

There is also no point having good team value with loads in the bank so i'll probably just take the punt on Hazard and hope that the big hitters start turning on the form as the holy trinity of Aguero, Sanchez and Hazard are slowly turning into major differentials.

I'm doing Ayew to Hazard which will leave me with the Holy Trinity! The one we were all puzzling over how to it would be possible to afford round now. A bit of old school this weekend would be sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Officer999 wrote: »
    What are people's thoughts on Remy? Surely he will start ahead of Falcao. Thinking of selling Benteke for Remy? Worth the risk? Also considering Rooney...thoughts would be appreciated!

Rooney has some tough fixtures ahead and I'd only be guessing who will start up front for Chelsea for the 3 games without Costa. I would look elsewhere.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm doing Ayew to Hazard which will leave me with the Holy Trinity! The one we were all puzzling over how to it would be possible to afford round now. A bit of old school this weekend would be sweet.

Sanchez may do well tomorrow, but I'd be looking for an exit strategy if I owned him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Deco99 wrote: »

Myhill (macarthy)

Martial wilson aguero

It looks like your primed for it all right.
    We may get the Liverpool team at some stage tonight so keep an eye on the threads. Gomez and Targett to start imo if you resist the AOA.
    (Will probably still have Anya this week as I have Silva to sort first)
    Quite the captain choice dilemma you have too!

Sanchez may do well tomorrow, but I'd be looking for an exit strategy if I owned him

Yeah he's in last chance saloon. A double up on Haz/Pedro might become an option if Chelsea really have turned the corner. Otherwise Payet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Yeah I think he nends to go.
    Sanchez --> KDB is likely to be my transfer for next week.

The annoying thing about Sanchez is that his advanced stats are absolutely insane. It's utter madness that he hasn't delivered two double digit scores yet. I know you get nothing in this game for if only's, but returns can't be far away.

Paully D wrote: »
    The annoying thing about Sanchez is that his advanced stats are absolutely insane. It's utter madness that he hasn't delivered two double digit scores yet. I know you get nothing in this game for if only's, but returns can't be far away.

That's the trap though. He's regressed FPL output wise since February; I held onto him too long and then when I did transfer him out for Silva he got a double digit. Silva outscored him rest of the season so I didn't mind too much.
    I'll be ready to eat my words tomorrow :D

That's the trap though. He's regressed FPL output wise since February; I held onto him too long and then when I did transfer him out for Silva he got a double digit. Silva outscored him rest of the season so I didn't mind too much.
    I'll be ready to eat my words tomorrow :D

Yeah i was reading an article today highlighting how his goal scoring record has been poor for a while for both club and country.

Although it also noted how Wenger cotton wooled the German world cup winners last year yet threw Sanchez pretty much straight back in after winning the copa. It was around this time last year Sanchez kicked on after his world cup summer.

Edit: http://www.whoscored.com/News/y1pt8fg-lkoco48wbkrkcq/Show/Player-Focus-Misfiring-Alexis-Hindering-Arsenal

Re sanchez yes his output dropped off last year but what I'd pay more attention to is his career stats he is a proven goalscorer.

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah i was reading an article today highlighting how his goal scoring record has been poor for a while for both club and country.

Although it also noted how Wenger cotton wooled the German world cup winners last year yet threw Sanchez pretty much straight back in after winning the copa. It was around this time last year Sanchez kicked on after his world cup summer.

Edit: http://www.whoscored.com/News/y1pt8fg-lkoco48wbkrkcq/Show/Player-Focus-Misfiring-Alexis-Hindering-Arsenal

Wenger rarely sticks to his word. He said Alexis needed a break and wouldn't play first three weeks; we go down to West Ham and he chucks him on. He just isn't firing at the moment, he had a good chance against Spurs in midweek and missed it. It's a similar situation to Aguero, but I'm willing to go with Kun since he's proven in the league over multiple seasons and Man City are scoring more goals. When it clicks for Sanchez, I think he'll do well, just not enough to justify his price tag

Re sanchez yes his output dropped off last year but what I'd pay more attention to is his career stats he is a proven goalscorer.

67 goals in 154 games before this season.

67 goals in 154 games before this season.

8 in his last 34 in all competitions according to that article. Which shocked me quite a lot.

Liverpool team for tomorrow..

Mignolet

Clyne Can Skrtel Sakho Moreno

Milner Lucas

Coutinho Sturridge Ings

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/09/25/scout-picks-gameweek-7-4/?hc_page=12#hc_comment_11361916

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

walcot for silva as a one week punt?

Advertisement